Author Topic: 'Vikings' - New Show On The History Channel  (Read 41762 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 'Vikings' - New Show On The History Channel
« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2020, 12:30:06 am »
Used to be later part of the year but think this one may be early next year.

It is airing later this year unless you've heard it has been delayed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: November 3, 2020, 06:40:12 pm »
Just started watching this series from the beginning - it's fantastic!
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: December 4, 2020, 07:58:26 pm »
Nice.
I’ll grudgingly give Bezos 8 euros for that.
How many episodes?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #284 on: December 4, 2020, 07:59:51 pm »
When is it due out? I refuse to watch the trailer as don’t want to see even a hint of a spoiler  :D

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: December 4, 2020, 08:05:17 pm »
December 30th.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #286 on: December 4, 2020, 08:10:43 pm »
December 30th.

Enough time to persuade my missus to watch from series 1 with me, as she’s never watched it.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 5, 2020, 04:06:01 pm »
Been down that road with my wife and The Wire. Ten years later I went from two times watching the whole show, to five times - while she went from S1E1 to S1E2.

Good luck. [emoji16]

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #288 on: December 5, 2020, 04:11:29 pm »
I'd rather have "The Last Kingdom" back, but this will do  :P
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #289 on: December 5, 2020, 04:27:25 pm »
Been down that road with my wife and The Wire. Ten years later I went from two times watching the whole show, to five times - while she went from S1E1 to S1E2.

Good luck. [emoji16]

Persuaded her to watch the first episode last night and she said she loved it, so will see if can get a few more watched tonight and get her hooked  ;D

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #290 on: December 5, 2020, 11:48:27 pm »
Are they going to release all episodes at once?

Can’t be doing with weekly bollocks. That pretty much means it’s not being released until March if so
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #291 on: December 6, 2020, 12:26:52 am »
Are they going to release all episodes at once?

Can’t be doing with weekly bollocks. That pretty much means it’s not being released until March if so

Going on this article... all 10 episodes will be released on 30th December:-

https://screenrant.com/vikings-season-6-final-episodes-amazon-prime

The Season 6 'Part Two' trailer:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Auzs95InJzo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Auzs95InJzo</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #292 on: December 6, 2020, 04:23:22 pm »
Going on this article... all 10 episodes will be released on 30th December:-

https://screenrant.com/vikings-season-6-final-episodes-amazon-prime

The Season 6 'Part Two' trailer:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Auzs95InJzo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Auzs95InJzo</a>

Nice one
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 6, 2020, 04:34:14 pm »
That trailer says it's streaming from the 30th - 30th March & I think that must include a break as the 1st 2eps drop on the 30th Dec.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #294 on: December 11, 2020, 11:18:24 pm »

Good luck. [emoji16]

We’re part way through S2. She loves it. I’ve told her for the last 3 years she would but taken this long to persuade her to watch it!!

I’m loving watching it again. Reminds me just how good it is. So well made and the storylines, especially in these early seasons (particularly S2) are excellent.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2020, 02:30:34 pm »
I'm looking on Prime (in America) and it seems like I have all of the episodes available now. They must have dropped yesterday, as the date for each says "Dec.29, 2020."
Not sure if it is the same for you over there.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2020, 06:12:34 pm »
I'm looking on Prime (in America) and it seems like I have all of the episodes available now. They must have dropped yesterday, as the date for each says "Dec.29, 2020."
Not sure if it is the same for you over there.

Final 10 episodes are "available"  Bit of tier 3 entertainment this New Year 😊

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #297 on: January 2, 2021, 01:12:08 pm »
Three episodes in. Really enjoying this last season so far.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: January 2, 2021, 02:51:26 pm »
Spoiler

Delighted to have seen Floki return and end it it the way they did. Was a tear jerker with the exchange between Ivar and Hvitserk, and seeing Ivar die, Hvitserk was right, Ivar did change, Igor probably is the reason why.

Enjoyed it overall
[close]

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #299 on: January 5, 2021, 07:07:17 am »
Loved it from start to finish!

Looking forward to next year if it’s on time!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: January 7, 2021, 10:57:12 pm »
Spoiler

Delighted to have seen Floki return and end it it the way they did. Was a tear jerker with the exchange between Ivar and Hvitserk, and seeing Ivar die, Hvitserk was right, Ivar did change, Igor probably is the reason why.

Enjoyed it overall
[close]
Agreed.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #301 on: September 29, 2021, 04:39:07 pm »
Trailer for the new Vikings next year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw6gUC2csv4

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: February 8, 2022, 07:42:04 pm »
Trailer for the new Vikings next year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw6gUC2csv4

12 episodes up on Netflix from February 25th

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #303 on: February 8, 2022, 08:09:09 pm »
12 episodes up on Netflix from February 25th

If I remember rightly, they've moved on a couple of hundred years (not that Vikings liked to pin itself to specific years) and we'll likely see the result of Rollo becoming Duke of Normandy as well as other events from the first show.

I'm tentatively excited. Vikings always looked and 'felt' amazing, and they used the increased budgets well. The battles in the first season were about 20 blokes in a quarry pushing shields into each other, but later on they looked great. I assume there will be money behind this from the start.

But... holy crap, the continuous backstabbing between brothers or allies got really tedious as a plot device. I know it's based on existing sagas, and some of that must be from the sources (or even just an accurate reflection of Viking politics) but by the end it was just painful. The parts of the show I loved the most were following those who wanted to explore and see the Dark Age world, but Bjorn lasted about 3 episodes in the Mediterranean before abandoning that to go home and fight in some new grimy war that pitted brother against brother.

And lastly, by the end I couldn't have picked out of a lineup any of the former peasant/slave girls that had fluttered their eyes at the throne of Kattegat and been the new queen 2 episodes later. Another overused trope.

It sounds like I'm ragging on the show I know, but realistically it was great, and then they ran out of story not long after Ragnar died so just kept remixing the same battle for Kattegat but with a slightly wider net of Kings, Jarls etc involved each time, all brought on board by a treacherous brother or unfaithful husband/wife. There were some fun diversions along the way even then, but not enough to sustain it.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #304 on: February 8, 2022, 08:55:47 pm »
If I remember rightly, they've moved on a couple of hundred years (not that Vikings liked to pin itself to specific years) and we'll likely see the result of Rollo becoming Duke of Normandy as well as other events from the first show.

I'm tentatively excited. Vikings always looked and 'felt' amazing, and they used the increased budgets well. The battles in the first season were about 20 blokes in a quarry pushing shields into each other, but later on they looked great. I assume there will be money behind this from the start.

But... holy crap, the continuous backstabbing between brothers or allies got really tedious as a plot device. I know it's based on existing sagas, and some of that must be from the sources (or even just an accurate reflection of Viking politics) but by the end it was just painful. The parts of the show I loved the most were following those who wanted to explore and see the Dark Age world, but Bjorn lasted about 3 episodes in the Mediterranean before abandoning that to go home and fight in some new grimy war that pitted brother against brother.

And lastly, by the end I couldn't have picked out of a lineup any of the former peasant/slave girls that had fluttered their eyes at the throne of Kattegat and been the new queen 2 episodes later. Another overused trope.

It sounds like I'm ragging on the show I know, but realistically it was great, and then they ran out of story not long after Ragnar died so just kept remixing the same battle for Kattegat but with a slightly wider net of Kings, Jarls etc involved each time, all brought on board by a treacherous brother or unfaithful husband/wife. There were some fun diversions along the way even then, but not enough to sustain it.
I loved Vikings but these are all very good points.

Hadn't heard about this new one, is it made by the same people?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #305 on: February 26, 2022, 12:45:01 pm »
Did the first 3 episodes of the new series/show last night.

Took a bit of getting into given it's so similar to the original series but with none of the characters, but well into it now and looking forward to seeing how the rest of the series goes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2023, 09:11:00 am »
Vikings Valhalla season 2 is out on Netflix.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2023, 02:37:00 am »
Finished S2 this evening, I'm really enjoying it. Kattegat is almost an afterthought at the moment, we've got actual adventuring down the Dnieper (to save money on the sets budget, the Emperor has journeyed up to meet our heroes. Thoughtful), religious warfare on the Baltic sea over Jomsborg, and serial black-wearer Godwin's machinations over securing heirs with royal blood.

The only downside is that we're on a steadier historical footing than the original Vikings series and as such we know what Harald (& Leif's) fates will be eventually.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2023, 08:04:17 am »
Finished S2 this evening, I'm really enjoying it. Kattegat is almost an afterthought at the moment, we've got actual adventuring down the Dnieper (to save money on the sets budget, the Emperor has journeyed up to meet our heroes. Thoughtful), religious warfare on the Baltic sea over Jomsborg, and serial black-wearer Godwin's machinations over securing heirs with royal blood.

The only downside is that we're on a steadier historical footing than the original Vikings series and as such we know what Harald (& Leif's) fates will be eventually.
Was really good. Bit embarrassing that I don't know the stories from a historical point of view.