Author Topic: Getting angry at the right people - just lock it  (Read 213167 times)

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ***LIVE CAMPAIGN THREAD*** - Getting angry at the right people
« Reply #320 on: May 27, 2010, 01:48:26 am »
Apparently it's over capacity at the moment...something about too many tweets.

I don't know what it means as I wouldn't know a Twitter if it shit on my windscreen.

It means twitter in general is overloaded as too manny people are tweeting.. retry it :P
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: May 27, 2010, 01:56:27 am »
By the way - this is indicative of SOS's reach and punching power - they reply, it gets on to the front page of the Times Sport site.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7136973.ece

On CNN too.

Called them the 'Offical Liverpool Supporters Club'

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/05/26/liverpool.moores.hicks.gillett/index.html?hpt=Sbin
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: May 27, 2010, 01:58:26 am »
It means twitter in general is overloaded as too manny people are tweeting.. retry it :P

Tweeting?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: May 27, 2010, 02:10:13 am »
Tweeting?

Writing a twitter to your followers
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: May 27, 2010, 03:33:27 am »
Writing a twitter to your followers

Followers?..........I prefer to call them disciples.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2010, 03:33:58 am »
Followers?..........I prefer to call them disciples.

your flock?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #327 on: May 27, 2010, 04:37:34 am »

Offline common

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: May 27, 2010, 05:06:36 am »
Show Hicks (Gillett) The Red Card

(something like this with Hicks/Gillett on it, cards or stickers would be good)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: May 27, 2010, 06:53:46 am »

Boss that mate, really straight to the point. You have done some excellent pictures what a talented fella you are :)
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble

royhendo

« Reply #331 on: May 27, 2010, 07:29:24 am »

royhendo

« Reply #332 on: May 27, 2010, 07:34:00 am »

Brilliant mate - brilliant. On the original thread I suggested this and I have a load of newspapers ready with the purpose of doing a shite one for you geniuses to improve. And then you post this. Absolutely brilliant. Did I mention it's brilliant?

royhendo

« Reply #333 on: May 27, 2010, 07:42:29 am »
Now - any ideas we can develop on the debt levels/interest repayments? I liked the lost bird idea, and MacPhisto80's idea of developing the vet poster on parasites...

royhendo

« Reply #334 on: May 27, 2010, 07:52:35 am »
Summary of progress to date

Save Liverpool FC
http://www.facebook.com/#!/helpsaveliverpoolfc?ref=ts
27/05/2010 - 1,601

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=124169460933833&ref=ts
23/05/2010 - 4,654
24/05/2010 - 4,761
25/05/2010 - 4,826
26/05/2010 - 4,914
27/05/2010 - 5,002

I bet I can find 500,000 who hope Tom Hicks...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=118729421499806&ref=ts
23/05/2010 - 282
24/05/2010 - 347
25/05/2010 - 381
26/05/2010 - 410
27/05/2010 - 430

Twitter
http://twitter.com/saveliverpoolfc
27/05/2010 - 96

Get your mates to join if you're on there. There are 1.4m people on the club's official Facebook site. We can start getting in amongst those people.

Official club page.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/LiverpoolFC?ref=ts

royhendo

« Reply #335 on: May 27, 2010, 08:41:08 am »
Kiddiwinkles, I'm shite at anything other than typing. Send me emails and I'll happily pass them on to everyone I know. the other thing is you lot can be the creative brains with photoshop and do something like change this Standard Chartered logo to "Substandard Cowboys" or something along those lines.

However, one thing I think I can do quite well is make Onion style parody articles. So anyone with any ideas for me, I'll have a go at it and then it'll be down to you lot to see if you they help in any way.

Didn't see this mate but I like anything that could potentially be done with a simple sticker to stick over a logo, or a street sign, or a bill poster. Anything where we just carefully stick the sticker on and end up with the KFC effect that Kit's done a few pages back. We could stick the stickers over ads for the new kit, that kind of thing.

royhendo

« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2010, 08:49:20 am »
Roy - do you have a list of who's contacting who- we need a list of contacts and a list of who's responsible for contacting each - not sure where you'd hold it ? - they we could pick the buggers off one at a time and check progress - what's that Yul Brenner/Tony Curtis film were they go riding across the steppe  and every couple of miles another tribe joins in - and they all shout ' HAH' ?? I'd volunteer to pick a few off but unfortuntely (as you can testify) I have the diplomatic skills of a rabid dog

In the supporters clubs mate? I'm gonna contact them all one by one and track them (Excel) to see what responses come back. We'll do it cannily where we can cos we know the contacts, but for some we're just gonna have to carpet bomb.

As I say, that's what I'm gonna focus on now. I was gonna try and do a Fonejacker/Clubjacker thing but it would have taken a week and it might have ended up shite.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2010, 08:53:03 am »
There are 1.4m people on the club's official Facebook site. We can start getting in amongst those people.

That's what I was trying to do with the faux profile but it's far too vast a resource for me alone and I think the choice of John Wayne was a poor one, had a load of people think I was a Manc rubbing in it. Not only that it warns you if it thinks you're adding too many friends. Yer lives and yer learns! anyway it might be an idea, cos it's a fan page not a group I don't think you can access the database directly so I think you need to go via the friends of friends route, to tap it in some sort of order with someone assigned to (say if we did it alphabetically) all people from AA - AM and next person does AM-AZ specifically so we're not 'seen' as spamming (although I don't think there'd be many who'd report us - if we all did it willy nilly then we could be hitting the same people which would be counter-productive and time wasting for us and annoying for the recipient) and to simply send messages not friend requests to avoid the facebook automatic spam guards. The aim is to get them all to the fan page we're we can easily get out any plans.

The message: Roy could you type up a short form email to outline the bullet points of the ownership and promote the Help Save Liverpool FC group with links to the twitter and a request to forward the message to just 5 of their friends (we may duplicate the odd hit this way but not near potentially as many times if we did it without any order at all). We can then all copy and paste this form message saving us a lot more time.

Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

royhendo

« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2010, 09:23:29 am »
That's what I was trying to do with the faux profile but it's far too vast a resource for me alone and I think the choice of John Wayne was a poor one, had a load of people think I was a Manc rubbing in it. Not only that it warns you if it thinks you're adding too many friends. Yer lives and yer learns! anyway it might be an idea, cos it's a fan page not a group I don't think you can access the database directly so I think you need to go via the friends of friends route, to tap it in some sort of order with someone assigned to (say if we did it alphabetically) all people from AA - AM and next person does AM-AZ specifically so we're not 'seen' as spamming (although I don't think there'd be many who'd report us - if we all did it willy nilly then we could be hitting the same people which would be counter-productive and time wasting for us and annoying for the recipient) and to simply send messages not friend requests to avoid the facebook automatic spam guards. The aim is to get them all to the fan page we're we can easily get out any plans.

The message: Roy could you type up a short form email to outline the bullet points of the ownership and promote the Help Save Liverpool FC group with links to the twitter and a request to forward the message to just 5 of their friends (we may duplicate the odd hit this way but not near potentially as many times if we did it without any order at all). We can then all copy and paste this form message saving us a lot more time.

I think John Wayne was a good idea mate. It was good because you went ahead and did it and ran with it for a while, and in the process you learned a lot. The bit up there is the beginnings of a strategy, no?

I like the idea of getting into the people on the LFC site - that said, it's hard to list them - you can only really see who they are on replies to posts etc.

On the email, yes mate, we've done drafts. We need to refine it for twitter etc (text limit) and possibly for SMS, but we have the email just about ready to go, and we're gonna do it in the next few days once a few things are clarified. :D

royhendo

« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2010, 09:24:29 am »
PS - am I right in thinking there's a 140 character limit on Twitter?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2010, 10:11:30 am »
your flock?

Yes....but they're all wools.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2010, 10:11:30 am »
Right boys and girls. If there are ideas afoot for stuff like this, let's suggest steps we can take to get the ball rolling and help make things happen.

The list of supporters' clubs...?

roy, this is the official contact I could find for South Africa - potentially important with the World Cup coming up. There's a lot on the forums about the debt etc so they are aware, although there is zero discussion of the issues, so it may be they want to ignore it/feel they can't do anything about it.

supportersclub@liverpoolfc.co.za

One of the guys has what looks like a personal email address on one of the sites; I'll pm it to you separately.

sorry, I see from one of Fats's post elsewhere this seems to be sorted. Obviously haven't been keeping up.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:07:59 pm by No666 »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2010, 10:45:26 am »
There you go Roy.
Some genius came up with a table for your lamp.

I've been wracking my brains to come up with something with the tag line .....Don't Walk .....Run or Run......Don't Walk, but I'm failing  miserably.

I managed to cobble this together but I know it's terrible. I just wanted to get something down to show what I mean.

I Googled some images and this one came up which is pretty good.

I thought I'd throw it out there as I'm getting nowhere with it.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:47:40 am by shanklyboy »

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

royhendo

« Reply #343 on: May 27, 2010, 11:02:55 am »
I've been thinking along the same lines mate. Last night I was thinking 'movie posters, hmmm....' ;D

Then walking home I saw this and thought "people ignore these kind of graffitti ads".

But then I figured "people would notice and chuckle if you laid stickers over the text on this kind of thing that changed the meaning".

Last but not least, could someone take a look at the Merseyrail map and make some comedy name tweaks that sum up the situation, or that turn them into timelines on their ownership - just in barely noticable ways?

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #344 on: May 27, 2010, 11:03:40 am »
bleed - I've tried to updated it a little :) needs more work

The Declaration of Independence - The want, will and hopes of the people

You’ll Never Walk Alone  4th July  2010

"The unanimous declaration of the supporters of Liverpool Football Club".

When shit happens and it becomes necessary for fans to stand up for themselves against those that are screwing them over its only fair that they should say why.

We know that all fans are equal and that every fan has the right to support their club as they see fit.

We know that Football clubs were created by and with the agreement of the fans.

We know that whenever any clubs owners act against the best interest of the club that it is the fans right to challenge those owners  and to change those owners if required.

This right to change owners can’t be undertaken on a whim,  usually fans will suffer whatever crap is thrown at them rather than change owners but there comes  a time when the owners have taken the piss just once too often – then it is the right of the fans and their duty to kick out those lying cheating bastards and replace them with decent owners who have the best interests of the club at heart and that’s the point we have reached. The track record of the current owners is abysmal and to prove this let the Facts be stated for everybody to see:

They lied about placing the burden of debt onto the club
They lied about ‘doing a Glazer’
They lied about a spade being in the ground in 60 days
They lied about building a new stadium
They spent club money on fee’s and more fee’s and expenses without any benefit to the club
They claimed to be spending their own money whilst taking the money from the club itself
They’ve failed to regenerate the Anfield area and let down thousands of residents in the process
They’ve undermined the manager with talk of different managers
They’ve argued amongst themselves in public
They’ve abused the fans
They’ve abused the manager
And they’ve abused each other
They’ve dragged the clubs name through the mud
They’ve refused to speak to the fans representatives
They’ve repeatedly ignored the fans pleas to leave
They’ve got rid of anybody on the Board who stood up to them
They’ve failed to secure investment to address the debt
They’ve failed to find new owners because of their greed and asking price
They’ve scraped old membership schemes and upped the prices
They’ve been absentee landlords who’ve barely attended a game
They’ve crushed our traditions and history
They’ve lost their right to ownership by declaring they want to sell and don’t intend to spend a penny of their own money
They’ve stripped assets from the club to pay for their debts

Despite all our attempts to ensure that they were fit and proper owners they have refused to act decently and have shown themselves unfit to be our owners

We have warned the owners repeatedly of what this would mean, we have appealed for justice and honesty but it has all fallen on deaf ears. So now we have to declare our independence.

We, the representatives  LFC supporters everywhere  swear to whatever faith we each hold true, ,and in the name of our fans do declare that Liverpool Supporters are free of any allegiance to the current owners, that any connection between them and the club is finished and that we will boycott LFC until the club is in safe hands
And with a firm belief in the divine we pledge to each other our commitment

John Hancock

oh and get the fuck out of dodge you bleedin cowboys

Roy - do you have a list of who's contacting who- we need a list of contacts and a list of who's responsible for contacting each - not sure where you'd hold it ? - they we could pick the buggers off one at a time and check progress - what's that Yul Brenner/Tony Curtis film were they go riding across the steppe  and every couple of miles another tribe joins in - and they all shout ' HAH' ?? I'd volunteer to pick a few off but unfortuntely (as you can testify) I have the diplomatic skills of a rabid dog

Good stuff Vulmea.

There has to be a declaration and a line drawn in the sand on the 4th of July. The press would gobble up a fine tuned version of above and as Fatty says timelines etc would add credibility.

I could see the March arriving outside Anfield and someone jumping on the soapbox blasting this out. Be like fucking braveheart to a baying mop.

Would be the perfect opportunity to announce a boycott or whatever and give all good Liverpool fans a charter to follow.

As you say yourself it needs working on to make it snappy enough for the press and the average fan to digest but the guts of it are there.

"On this the 4th of July 2010 we declare our independance from this terrrible tirrany" Can see it now mate.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

royhendo

« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2010, 11:05:20 am »
I've been wracking my brains to come up with something with the tag line .....Don't Walk .....Run or Run......Don't Walk, but I'm failing  miserably.

I managed to cobble this together but I know it's terrible.

Nope, it's brilliant that!

Offline exmouth red

• Main Stander
« Reply #346 on: May 27, 2010, 11:21:16 am »
For those of you not in the North west of England, there has just been a great thing on Moores comments today on our regional news programme Granada reports, as well as a vox pop from an SOS spokesman, Jay Mckenna, I think, was an interview with Tommy Smith Slagging G&H and saying ' I see the fans as an Army, and I think you should join that Army. The background was pictures of an SOS march, as Smith made his comments.
Keep up the good work, we're building up some momentum.

You can watch it here 18 minutes in:

http://www.itv.com/granada/fullprogramme/?intcmp=NAV_GRANADAR0_FULLPROG4

Shocking how Tommy smith has been treated by our so called club.
Would it be worth getting it onto youtube then post it on the facebook pages?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:24:20 am by exmouth red »

royhendo

« Reply #347 on: May 27, 2010, 11:48:39 am »
Logo boys...

I was thinking a simple circle with a winking smiley. Dark background, white smiley. The dark background a subtle camo of different dark reds, with the camo shapes maybe subtly Liverbird based... and the white smiley overlaid.

Either that or a winking Liverbird pictogram.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2010, 11:57:45 am »
Logo boys...

I was thinking a simple circle with a winking smiley. Dark background, white smiley. The dark background a subtle camo of different dark reds, with the camo shapes maybe subtly Liverbird based... and the white smiley overlaid.

Either that or a winking Liverbird pictogram.

Here's what I mentioned Roy.

Maybe Art could do something with it.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2010, 12:00:42 pm »

You can watch it here 18 minutes in:

http://www.itv.com/granada/fullprogramme/?intcmp=NAV_GRANADAR0_FULLPROG4

Shocking how Tommy smith has been treated by our so called club.
Would it be worth getting it onto youtube then post it on the facebook pages?

Fuckin too right it is... get it out there as much as possible and keep on top of them. Make them keep this in the public eye.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2010, 12:22:01 pm »
I HAVE A DREAM (but no photoshop program with which to illustrate it :P)

Spirit of shankly logo - Shanks with a defibrillator in each hand - Liverbird on the surgeon's table - Machine's showing situation critical.

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2010, 12:56:41 pm »
OK - I'm shite at stuff like this but have done a mock up of this - would it be possible to have more of these two clowns as other Cartoon characters?  Yosemite Sam and Elmer Fudd spring to mind.

royhendo

« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2010, 01:27:32 pm »
Here's what I mentioned Roy.

Maybe Art could do something with it.

This was kind of the two I was playing with in my mind... the 2nd one has the Liverbird as the 'wink'.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2010, 02:05:58 pm »
Thinking of trying to get the DVD campaign started in the next few days, but I have a couple of ideas which I need feedback on first:

1. We have the front cover, kitster's brilliant Horror at Anfield image. Do you think we need a back cover, or should we just go with the front one? I did attempt to make a back cover just stating some of the facts with a "help save your club, go to www. ....." message, but, well, it looked poor compared to the front cover so it wasn't worth compromising the design.

2. What do people think to the idea of maybe having a series of made-up DVDs if this first one proves a popular campaign? One idea I had was simply "DEBT: A documentary about Liverpool FC", but I'm sure there's better than that. Maybe we can come up with some humourous titles based on existing films?

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2010, 02:33:59 pm »
Quote from: Paul-LFC on Today at 02:05:58 PM
Thinking of trying to get the DVD campaign started in the next few days, but I have a couple of ideas which I need feedback on first:

1. We have the front cover, kitster's brilliant Horror at Anfield image. Do you think we need a back cover, or should we just go with the front one? I did attempt to make a back cover just stating some of the facts with a "help save your club, go to www. ....." message, but, well, it looked poor compared to the front cover so it wasn't worth compromising the design.

2. What do people think to the idea of maybe having a series of made-up DVDs if this first one proves a popular campaign? One idea I had was simply "DEBT: A documentary about Liverpool FC", but I'm sure there's better than that. Maybe we can come up with some humourous titles based on existing films?
I will do a back cover. I just have a few things to finish first. :)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2010, 02:36:55 pm »
I HAVE A DREAM (but no photoshop program with which to illustrate it :P)

Spirit of shankly logo - Shanks with a defibrillator in each hand - Liverbird on the surgeon's table - Machine's showing situation critical.
That would be boss, but best swerve the SOS logo. Could do it with the picture it's taken from though
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2010, 02:40:15 pm »
Quote from: Paul-LFC on Today at 02:05:58 PM

I will do a back cover. I just have a few things to finish first. :)

Thanks mate :) Sorry if that sounded like I was pressurising you into doing a cover, that wasn't the intention, I just want to get the campaign started while the anger and interest is still high amongst a lot of our fans.

royhendo

« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2010, 03:02:30 pm »
DVD covers - it'd be good to link on there to the new Facebook fan page dudes - nice one. :)
I've had pms from people offering to 'distribute' these so let's get organised and as a rule, hold off for a day or two's 'thinking time' before we pull the trigger on anything.

As a writer, some of the best advice I ever got was to finish an article, then stick it in a drawer somewhere for a couple of days, and go back and read it again before you publish. It's amazing how much you improve it when you do that.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2010, 03:05:57 pm »
Ahhh, so THAT'S why you're on here so much Roy. You're a "writer". :P

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2010, 03:12:18 pm »
Imagine the effect at Anfield if YNWA was not played prior to KO?
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96