Author Topic: Getting angry at the right people - just lock it  (Read 213148 times)

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
Re: ***LIVE CAMPAIGN THREAD*** - Getting angry at the right people
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2010, 05:11:11 pm »
Didn't realised you could 'share' the link on facebook so have just done that with the added Gedo quote about the summer 'activity' included. I think I'm preaching to the converted with my contact list but if there's one extra person who takes note and becomes proactive, it's worth the few seconds it took me to do it.
......and could he play!

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2010, 05:13:54 pm »
Fine, just fine tuning the look of it so far, so fire away with the PM..

Good shout with the Twitter page mate. Between Twitter, Facebook, here and possibly the website in future, we have a solid base on which we can build.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2010, 05:15:16 pm »
Quote from: Vulmea on Today at 05:04:58 PM
I'm old - I don't do facebook, my kids do,

I don't do twitter and I dont ever want to do twitter

I dont use a mobile phone despite owning two they remain switched off and gathering cobwebs the butons are just too small

The internet is a big stretch and if I do use it I just stumble about and occasionally press the right button

Newspapers are only fit to hold me chips I never bother with them

My local has shut down and all the radio plays these days is bloody C rap

How are you going to sign me up?

You will have to read the street posters.  ;)

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2010, 05:17:11 pm »
Like the font... grand theft anfield?
Its actually the price is right font. but that has given me another great idea..=)

royhendo

« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2010, 05:17:22 pm »
You will have to read the street posters.  ;)

And just wait - after a few of the things planned have gone down, you'll find it hard to avoid talking about it in the boozers.

royhendo

« Reply #245 on: May 26, 2010, 05:17:59 pm »
Its actually the price is right font. but that has given me another great idea..=)

I remember chatting with you guys about this on the Wallpapers thread - there are a few starting efforts in there to build on... hold on!

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #246 on: May 26, 2010, 05:20:31 pm »

We're in good financial health.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2010, 05:20:35 pm »
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

royhendo

« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2010, 05:23:44 pm »
I remember chatting with you guys about this on the Wallpapers thread - there are a few starting efforts in there to build on... hold on!

Here's some stuff...

Can't find any of the original versions of these feckers cos they'd be ideal for the GTA thing.

I don't like the border on the Gerrard one but its a transparent png so could quickly be knocked up into a poster-style thingummibob.

Will try and get some time to do a decent one over the next few weeks anyway. I dug out some old discs last night and only found the exported versions so fingers crossed I'll find the original Illustrator files and save some time.

I can't really think of any way to turn 'Grand Theft Auto' into something Liverpool themed at the moment....at least not a way that makes it sound cool.  The only thing I can think of is....

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2010, 05:30:51 pm »
Grand Theft Anfield surely?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2010, 05:31:51 pm »

I'm sure that Art or Kit have already done that somewhere.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

royhendo

« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2010, 05:36:42 pm »

The one above was just something Art rattled off in a matter of minutes when replying to a question really. So yeah, Grand Theft Anfield would be a goer. Sounds like Kit's on it like a fly on sheeeyit though. :D

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2010, 05:37:55 pm »
shirley we gotta target RBS now?
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

royhendo

« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2010, 05:41:11 pm »
shirley we gotta target RBS now?

I'd say do it if you can mate, but this campaign's focussing on educating the fans and getting people talking about the fact that we're on the brink of an abyss. As shanklyboy says, before we start the war, we need an army. At the moment SOS are trying but their membership needs boosting, and we need other ways to show our unity and the numbers of us who are angry.

Get enough people in behind the unified banner and make sure they're fucked off, and then maybe we have a lever to start influencing things.

But even then, RBS couldn't give a fuck what we think, so it's farting in the fog.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2010, 05:44:25 pm »
www.twitter.com/saveliverpoolfc

I'll get the Twitter link sent round in a message to the Facebook group and page mate. One thing I noticed though, the text colour needs to be a bit darker - the grey is a bit too light to read at the moment, at least on my monitor.

Offline zERo

• Kopite
  • We will rise again
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2010, 05:49:58 pm »
Not perfect like some of the things here; may be some one can revitalize the idea.

Only thing that is constant is the change, learn to live with it, move on

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2010, 06:08:53 pm »
But even then, RBS couldn't give a fuck what we think, so it's farting in the fog.

The RBS are still being funded by taxpayers money and are in a much more vulnerable position than Hicks and Gillet who basically don't give a toss what people think about them.

The RBS have just posted first quarter losses of £248 which is entirely attributed to the amount of bad debts they have on their books of £2.7bn.

With the Tory government making swinging cuts the last thing the RBS want highlighting is the amount of money they have lent to Hicks and Gillet and the fact that Hicks and Gillet have a facility to borrow another £50m.

Hicks and Gillet don't have to worry about their good name the RBS most certainly do.

Their are only two groups that could make Hicks and Gillet sell up the RBS or an Administrator, I would prefer the former.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2010, 06:15:01 pm »
I'm sure that Art or Kit have already done that somewhere.
It was myself, posted somewhere way back in the Art thread. Pity I never kept it.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2010, 06:17:21 pm »
roy, I know the fan education thing is the key, but given the comment Hicks made today - can we get some our posters etc out to his hometown? - because it's obvious from these self-pitying quotes that public perception and the trashing of his reputation has got under his skin. Did any Dallas reds 'sign up' to the campaign?

The Dallas Morning News has an expectedly provocative cover story up this morning on the decline of Tom Hicks ... and as far as the title is concerned, I'm pretty sure that Hicks' happiness about leaving the pro sports world is mutual:

Tom Hicks said he stands to lose "a couple hundred million" dollars on the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars, but he expects to make it up when he sells his stake in a leading English soccer team.

He also said he will be glad to exit the professional sports business.

"It's never been my primary business," he said in an interview Tuesday with The Dallas Morning News. "And it's a business I no longer want to pay the price to be in."

One thing he won't miss is the publicity that comes with owning pro sports teams, he said.

"It's a brutal invasion of privacy," he said.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:19:02 pm by No666 »

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2010, 06:21:16 pm »
I'm stunned Facebook can't cope with more than 5000 members for messages to be sent en masse... in general in terms of members how does it compare to others?

royhendo

« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2010, 06:21:31 pm »
The RBS are still being funded by taxpayers money and are in a much more vulnerable position than Hicks and Gillet who basically don't give a toss what people think about them.

The RBS have just posted first quarter losses of £248 which is entirely attributed to the amount of bad debts they have on their books of £2.7bn.

With the Tory government making swinging cuts the last thing the RBS want highlighting is the amount of money they have lent to Hicks and Gillet and the fact that Hicks and Gillet have a facility to borrow another £50m.

Hicks and Gillet don't have to worry about their good name the RBS most certainly do.

Their are only two groups that could make Hicks and Gillet sell up the RBS or an Administrator, I would prefer the former.

Like I said, if you want to do something on the side aimed at RBS, then that's a great thing. It's not the focus of this thread though, because the idea is to educate and unify the fans as far as we can. Aim it at RBS and you'll get a certain category of fan who will exclude themselves, so it's not for this campaign.

No offence - personally I think it's all good, but it's out of scope.

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2010, 06:21:39 pm »
roy, I know the fan education thing is the key,

Personally i think the tide is turning on the education side, even Talk sport and the gimps who phone in seem to realise that endlessly discussing Rafa is now a side issue.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

royhendo

« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2010, 06:23:19 pm »
roy, I know the fan education thing is the key, but given the comment Hicks made today - can we get some our posters etc out to his hometown? - because it's obvious from these self-pitying quotes that public perception and the trashing of his reputation has got under his skin. Did any Dallas reds 'sign up' to the campaign?

If you can help on this that would be great mate. We have contacts on point across the pond, but any help we can get woudl be great. I emailed bloggers the other day, and the more we can get into the minds of fans there the better. Clearly getting coverage there would help.

I know he says it's an invasion of privacy, but it's bollocks. He couldn't give a fuck about anything but cold hard cash.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2010, 06:28:40 pm »
For those of you not in the North west of England, there has just been a great thing on Moores comments today on our regional news programme Granada reports, as well as a vox pop from an SOS spokesman, Jay Mckenna, I think, was an interview with Tommy Smith Slagging G&H and saying ' I see the fans as an Army, and I think you should join that Army. The background was pictures of an SOS march, as Smith made his comments.
Keep up the good work, we're building up some momentum.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »
Like I said, if you want to do something on the side aimed at RBS, then that's a great thing. It's not the focus of this thread though, because the idea is to educate and unify the fans as far as we can. Aim it at RBS and you'll get a certain category of fan who will exclude themselves, so it's not for this campaign.

No offence - personally I think it's all good, but it's out of scope.

Fair enough Roy but don't you think part of educating the fans should include letting them now that the RBS are propping up Hicks and Gillet and are prepared to lend Hicks and Gillet another £59m that us the fans will have to pay back.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2010, 06:38:59 pm »
The RBS are still being funded by taxpayers money and are in a much more vulnerable position than Hicks and Gillet who basically don't give a toss what people think about them.The RBS have just posted first quarter losses of £248 which is entirely attributed to the amount of bad debts they have on their books of £2.7bn.With the Tory government making swinging cuts the last thing the RBS want highlighting is the amount of money they have lent to Hicks and Gillet and the fact that Hicks and Gillet have a facility to borrow another £50m.Hicks and Gillet don't have to worry about their good name the RBS most certainly do.Their are only two groups that could make Hicks and Gillet sell up the RBS or an Administrator, I would prefer the former.

This is a well rehearsed argument Al. The facts are that there is no evidence of a default on the RBS loan so to date G&H have been good business for them, and the taxpayer. Even if they called in the debt at around £237m, they would get their money back on a sale when guarantees are alllowed for. RBS's exposure is pretty much nil - the profit line good.

With RBS  being the major lender any Administration would almost certainly be led by them.The unaswered question remains as to whether RBS ARE terminating this loan arrangement, and if they are, what will prompt them to pull the trigger on Administration.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #270 on: May 26, 2010, 06:39:49 pm »

http://kitster29.deviantart.com/

Heh! right into my trap... Good work fella.  ;D

Was going to have a go at one myself but illustration takes time...
"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline Master ScouseKnee

• Kopite
  • Oh, the sun is on the Harbour
« Reply #271 on: May 26, 2010, 06:40:16 pm »
I'm kind of new to the twitter thing but why is saveliverpool following maurice edu, beletti and several columbus crew accounts?
Bored of manufactured consent

royhendo

« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2010, 06:40:42 pm »
That's different Al and I agree - it's all part of educating fans about the facts. But let's rule out anything that casts any doubt over who the "right people" to get angry at are. Rothschilds, RBS, whoever. Let's keep it simple.

This campaign is about helping to build a foundation from which to build our influence and stake.

Without sufficient unity and without significant numbers, we will continue to have next to no say. In fact, some might argue that unless we're able to demonstrate our unity in significant numbers, we don't deserve to have a say.

So let's focus on educating and unifying, and in ways people can subscribe to.

royhendo

« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2010, 06:45:17 pm »
And there's the vision we need to paint in people's minds. The song they need to hear in their hearts... ;D

Imagine a unified band of 500,000 Liverpool fans, all angrily opposed to the owners? The LFC Facebook page boasts 1.4m people who follow it. Imagine 1m of them uniting against the owners?

It's worth fighting for.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2010, 06:47:21 pm »
For those of you not in the North west of England, there has just been a great thing on Moores comments today on our regional news programme Granada reports, as well as a vox pop from an SOS spokesman, Jay Mckenna, I think, was an interview with Tommy Smith Slagging G&H and saying ' I see the fans as an Army, and I think you should join that Army. The background was pictures of an SOS march, as Smith made his comments.
Keep up the good work, we're building up some momentum.

Yeah saw that... boss.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

royhendo

« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2010, 06:50:47 pm »
It's worth a recap at this stage.

The campaign is now live and we've started this fresh thread to draw a line under the development work down on the original thread, which you can browse at your leisure here.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=257639.0

We are in control
First point - we are an autonomous campaign. What that means is that we don't depend on anyone else to make decisions on what action we're going to take, or what content we're going to use. If we keep the already excellent supply of ideas up, we'll have no shortage of raw material to work with.

We have clear goals in place
1. We will educate Liverpool supporters about the facts on the club's ownership and finances.

2. We will show fans the benefits of a unified voice, and how they can get involved to express their disapproval in a unified way.

The next sections describe these goals in more detail.

1. Educating Liverpool fans
The starting point for the campaign was "Getting angry at the right people". But to help people reach that realisation, we're not going to need to incite anger or do anything illegal, controversial, or unethical.

All we need to do is tell Liverpool fans the facts in ways that are simple enough for them to understand.

These are complicated subjects - corporate finance, balance sheet structure, stadium funding, and so forth - they all come into play.
We will make the complex information easy for people to understand. The anger will then take care of itself.

2. Showing fans ways to get involved and unify
There are two 'speeds' to this.

a. We'll provide measurable ways to unify under this campaign banner. We've already set up a Facebook group for the purpose, and Flake is working to try and set up a unified 'cross-forum' home for the campaign too. We'll keep working on this. The main thing will be for us to offer ways for people to unify under the one campaign banner.

b. We'll make it clear how to join SOS, we'll highlight the fact that many of us are members, and that for the purposes of this campaign, we'll be working closely with them. We don't mind if people get behind the campaign, or get behind the union. What's important in the end is that people come together to express their disapproval.

We are working with SOS
It's a fact that SOS have a high media profile and an extensive reach and audience. We have broadly the same goals as the union. So when our ideas have the potential to make a big impact (as has already been the case), we can help them make a bigger impact in their own campaigns and strategy, as long as they agree. For that reason, we'll be talking with SOS on a regular basis, not least to make sure we're working together rather than hindering each other.

Some ground rules on content.
- Don't use SOS logos and text
- For unchecked facts, don't associate them to SOS
- Get a sanity check for 'facts' used.

A quick browse through the old thread will show you that this has worked well so far.

We do not endorse anything illegal, or excessively controversial, or potentially counter-productive to our own goals and those of SOS
While we're all learning as we go, and it's inevitable we'll make mistakes and need to encourage each other, we need to make sure we don't go off on our own and do anything daft.

To that end, if you feel like taking action, pm people, or post on the thread, and ask for comments and feedback on your ideas. That should keep us right.

If you go off and do something daft without checking, just remember it's your arse that might be in the bacon slicer.

Radio Silence
When it comes to more precise plans, let's try and keep it to pms and other private methods of communicating with each other. That way we'll be more sure that things won't be sidetracked or sabotaged (why that would happen I don't know, but you can never be sure).

VAMOS Y VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
Let's enjoy the process and (note to self) not get downhearted if things slow down a little. This is for the long-term, and we'll keep learning as we go.

We'll pause for reflection and review on a regular basis. The 4th of July is as good a date as any, so let's use that. Synchronise watches!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: May 26, 2010, 07:11:05 pm »
UPDATES TO COME HERE ON LATEST ACTIVITY & RESULTS

Current activities...

1. Establish and promote presence on Facebook.

Summary of progress to date

Campaign group.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=124169460933833&ref=ts
Members on 23/05/2010 - 4,654
Members on 24/05/2010 - 4,761
Members on 25/05/2010 - 4,826
Members on 26/05/2010 - 4,914

I bet I can find 500,000 who hope Tom Hicks...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=118729421499806&ref=ts
Members on 23/05/2010 - 282
Members on 24/05/2010 - 347
Members on 25/05/2010 - 381
Members on 26/05/2010 - 410

Get your mates to join if you're on there. There are 1.4m people on the club's official Facebook site. We can start getting in amongst those people.

Official club page.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/LiverpoolFC?ref=ts

2. Identify candidate images for circulation to fellow fans.
We've already started on this. We'll post suggested text soon, and then we'll contact fellow fans to encourage them to join and demonstrate our unity. Watch this space.

Images constantly being refined and collated on the thread, and on the Facebook site.

3. Identify LFC-friendly pubs in Liverpool and across the country.
Get permission to put up posters and drop flyers etc on tables. Ideally we'll track them, so let us know if you've done anything on this one.

Question posed - need to start collating info.

4. Capitalise on the World Cup.
Get our ideas (ideally the funniest ones) out into the pubs for the World Cup games. Even if you're dropping them at tables half-scrunched up. Get people talking and laughing or feeling shocked at the images. But best of all, laughing.

Question posed - need to start printing and pinning and dropping the stuff we print.

5. Build partnerships with media contacts.
Where possible, help the media run with our story by providing them with engaging content that makes people laugh and makes the facts easy to take in.

Contact made with The Echo on 24/05/2010.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=258392.msg6954068#msg6954068

Whack the twitter in this - www.twitter.com/saveliverpoolfc 49 followers
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:24:08 pm by El Rey »

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: May 26, 2010, 07:23:40 pm »
What the twitter in this - www.twitter.com/saveliverpoolfc 49 followers

So as of today we have:

Campaign group: 4955 members
"I bet I can find 500,000 who hope Tom Hicks..." group: 421 members
Save Liverpool FC page: 1182 members
Save Liverpool FC twitter: 57 followers

----

Do we think it's worth linking to the page and twitter on the official Liverpool group that has over a million members? Or would that do more harm than good (possibility the club may see it and take action to close down the group?)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2010, 07:24:42 pm »
So as of today we have:

Campaign group: 4955 members
"I bet I can find 500,000 who hope Tom Hicks..." group: 421 members
Save Liverpool FC page: 1182 members
Save Liverpool FC twitter: 57 followers

----

Do we think it's worth linking to the page and twitter on the official Liverpool group that has over a million members? Or would that do more harm than good (possibility the club may see it and take action to close down the group?)

LINKED THE TWITTER TO IT.