Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Gaming Board for consoles, PC & mobile / Re: Elden Ring
« Last post by emergency exit on Today at 03:15:55 pm »
Well, I’m going down a different route since I’ve been happy to use my horse right from the get-go  ;D

Spent about an hour reading back through this thread and your journey from “this game is bollocks” to “this game is the dog’s bollocks” was EPIC  ;D
Imagine Klopp was coming back next season with all his coaching skills but had somehow lost all his knowledge of LFC, the Premier League and even living in the UK.  Same squad but never met them before in his life.  New country, new job and all that upheaval.  What would be your demands and expectations? 

I honestly have no idea, I don't know what this Jekyll and Hyde squad's level actually is!
Christian Wolmar's recent history of BR is a very good read.

I've never understood the rationale of giving out 'competition' in natural monopolies. So many areas of life where we can just CTRL-C, CTRL-V what the Dutch, Germans, French, Scandis do into our policy and put things on a better path overnight.

Funnily the German railway now has different private companies operating some services. And guess what, its gone to shit. It was ok for the first years when it was just the odd company running the odd local service route. Now its lots of different ones and the whole network has huge problems with trains being delayed and getting cancelled left right and centre.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: New Kit thread
« Last post by Agent99 on Today at 03:15:02 pm »
I'm all for Adidas if they bring our 09/10 away back. Bring sexyback  ;D
The 2011/12 black away kit was also a beauty.
Liverpool Life / Re: Merseyrail - now with added 777
« Last post by gazzalfc on Today at 03:14:48 pm »
A thought just popped into my head. Labour has said its rail nationalisation plans won't include buying up existing rolling stock. But Merseyrail own the 777s outright, whereas the 507s and 508s were leased.

Does that mean when a Labour government takes control of the Merseyrail franchise, these will be the only trains owned by the government?

So as far as I know Merseytravel which is run by the council own the new trains and not Merseyrail. Merseyrail (owned by Serco-Abellio) run the service. Once under a labour government they will move to Great British Rail
Arne Slot's appointment is close to being OFFICIALLY confirmed.

[@IanDoyleSport]
And, of course, no one in the thread disagrees with that. There might be occasional disputes about whether this or that was a hand ball and should haver been a penalty or whether this or that was a genuine foul or a dive. But on the whole everyone in the thread thinks that refereeing standards are poor and that VAR has probably made them worse. (I would add that VAR and - obviously - multi-positioned high-speed cameras around the pitch, have also educated us, the fans, who are able to spot more 'batshit' decisions than before.)

Where we differ and sometimes fall apart are over why terrible decisions are being made and whether we, as a club, suffer more than others and have systematically suffered more than others over the years.
I don’t think it’s even debatable whether we suffer more at the hands of the corrupt officials than other clubs is it?
Yeah I saw this clip on YouTube it’s infuriating

That sue smith calls it a massive ‘error’ in which he corrects her to say it’s a ‘mess’ as opposed to an error :lmao
Unbelievable isn’t it. Why won’t any of them call it what it is? It is cheating!
Same could be said the other way around though  :-X

Not really at all, Salah has literally created the most big chances in the league this season, I have doubts about reliable that stat is, but just from watching us I can see Salah creates far more for Nunez and everyone else than the inverse.

'the referee has done well to dig himself out of a hole', courtesy of Dermot Gallagher on Sky 🙄

Yeah I saw this clip on YouTube it’s infuriating

That sue smith calls it a massive ‘error’ in which he corrects her to say it’s a ‘mess’ as opposed to an error :lmao
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10