Author Topic: Preview: West Bromwich Albion V Liverpool 26 September  (Read 82582 times)

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: Preview: West Bromwich Albion V Liverpool 26 September
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2012, 09:22:25 pm »
We lost Lucas long term in the CC, I don't blame Rodgers one bit for resting key members of the squad.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2012, 09:22:47 pm »
Think we'll put kids out and end up out of the competition
Dunno the kids did pretty well in the EL don't see why they can't replicate that performance here.

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2012, 09:22:51 pm »
Feel free to have a look at the West Brom game again when Carra got done by Lukaka on at least 3 occasions & couldn't keep his hands off him. Forgive me for having aspirations to win the game.

But your not gonna win it with a full youth team, which is my argument.
I just don't understand why you would play a back four of kids and expect them to boss Lukuku
My opinion for what it is worth is the young lads will only gain first team experience by playing alongside senior players.

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2012, 09:27:19 pm »
Think we'll put kids out and end up out of the competition

Always the optimist Andy  ;)

No doubt we will have to play youngsters as we well know that the league position is our priority ahead of anything else these days. But these young lads have something about them and they (at last) see a light at the end of the tunnel. So, we may well go out but it will be interesting to see who can push themselves forward.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2012, 09:29:22 pm »
You mean like Everton?  (:-X  not to jinx it)  8)

haha evertons youngest player out there is 20, couple of 22 year olds and the rest defo not kids, they are just shit ;)

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2012, 09:31:08 pm »
But your not gonna win it with a full youth team, which is my argument.
I just don't understand why you would play a back four of kids and expect them to boss Lukuku
My opinion for what it is worth is the young lads will only gain first team experience by playing alongside senior players.

I dunno, I reckon Wisdom will be buzzing after a great performance against Young boys, could throw Enrique in at lb if you're worried about experience & lets not forget Wilson's played a lot of first team football for both Scotland & Rangers despite his age, it's not his first rodeo. I'd rather us try & fail than try to play it safe.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2012, 09:40:31 pm »
Look trying to stay out of this but someone telling us that we should try and fail when thousands of our fans will be travelling tomorrow, well that's absolutely disgraceful.

Jamie Carragher will lead the team tomorrow, end of really. We will put a weakened team out but virtually everybody who made up the 20 Saturday that did not play will start.

The manager will pick team from what he regards as his squad and development players and hopefully he will pick a team that he believes has the best chance to take us through rather than to experiment, for experimental sake. He's made it clear that a young player with the right attitude and ability will get an opportunity at some stage.

Those of us who remember a very young team winning at Spurs in the league cup to take us to Cardiff will remember that Stephan Henchoz played one of his final games that night supporting the same youngsters. West Brom aren't mugs but there is no reason why we cannot beat them and move towards Wembley.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2012, 09:48:08 pm »
Gulaxi, Adorjean and Pelosi should start.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2012, 09:57:18 pm »
Interesting side if true, would of perhaps preffered Wisdom and Carragher in the middle if possible. Theres no guarentee that Lukaku will play, anyway.

Will reserve any judgment until the proper squad is released, though! Come on you Reds ...

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2012, 10:04:52 pm »
Superb OP Corky. Had me sniggering at your portrayal of Fat Ron. And, of course, getting teary-eyed over memories of Cunningham - socks down by his ankles, riding tackles like a 110 metre hurdler.  That West Brom attack was a dangerous thing. But I also remember being very concerned before the Paris final about what Cunningham might do to us.

Here's some footage of Laurie for West Brom, pasting Man Utd at Old Trafford as it turns out. Listen to the avalanche of racist jeering first time he touches the ball. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTAMsgAdsII

PS - Sorry I couldn't summon up any energy to post my team selection for tomorrow, plus elaborately drawn formations with little arrows and things to say where players should run to.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2012, 10:15:25 pm »
Actually got a photo of big Ron on holiday in Majorca mid80s in his speedos and gold chain. He was with the coaches wife he'd copped for in the photo, but she was hiding her grid. Gave the photo to the lads who did the End and they put it in the next edition with the header 'Big Ron- Club 18-30s New Rep', its in the re-issue book that came out last year.

Cunningham & Regis were both top class, Cunningham one of the most sought after in Europe at the time he went to Madrid, was also actually on the bench for Wimbledon when they beat us in the cup final.

Batson was shite though.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2012, 10:31:45 pm »
Here's some footage of Laurie for West Brom, pasting Man Utd at Old Trafford as it turns out. Listen to the avalanche of racist jeering first time he touches the ball. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTAMsgAdsIIto.

Fat Ron afterwards on his Man of the Match: "A toss up between one of the coloured front people".

Glorious.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2012, 10:34:23 pm »
Fat Ron afterwards on his Man of the Match: "A toss up between one of the coloured front people".

Glorious.

Would have been different had he thought the mike was off!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2012, 10:41:15 pm »

Glorious.
A condundrum is BFR.....

He gave black players a chance when other managers wouldn't, but he spoke about them using the vocabulary of Bernard Manning.

In many ways he helped to change the way black players were perceived in football....  Im not sure how I feel about him overall...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2012, 10:44:14 pm »
That's all true. I still can't forgive him for what he said about Desailly. Not just because he used the N word but because he just tacked it on a string of insulting words, none of which were even remotely true. It was nasty, vicious, untrue stuff, and anyone who had seen Desailly in his pomp would instantly know it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2012, 10:46:47 pm »
That's all true. I still can't forgive him for what he said about Desailly. Not just because he used the N word but because he just tacked it on a string of insulting words, none of which were even remotely true. It was nasty, vicious, untrue stuff, and anyone who had seen Desailly in his pomp would instantly know it.
You're absolutely right, and it was lazy and vile....

But does this make him a kind of Oscar Schindler of football and racism?

Deeply flawed but what he did do well changed things for many?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2012, 10:50:34 pm »
I thought both Regis & Cunningham were in the team before Atkinson arrived there, Cunningham I'm fairly sure.

Personally always thought he was a bit of a twat, in many ways re-inforced prejudice, couldn't stand him at West Brom and laughed me head off when he got the United job.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »
I thought both Regis & Cunningham were in the team before Atkinson arrived there, Cunningham I'm fairly sure.

Johnny Giles bought Cunningham.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2012, 10:53:56 pm »
Play the youth lads and players who need to gain form. Hopefully see the likes of Suso, Yesil and Wisdom

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2012, 10:57:53 pm »

Personally always thought he was a bit of a twat, in many ways re-inforced prejudice, couldn't stand him at West Brom and laughed me head off when he got the United job.
I've got to be honest, I was a bit young to really remember all that, I'm at best looking back through an extremely misty memory.
W

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2012, 10:59:05 pm »
That Man Utd WBA clip brought back a few memories for me. I was about seven and just getting to know English football properly and I still remember all the names from Derek Statham to Batson, and especially the United players. Ireland in the seventies held many Mancland fans, probably going all the way back to Billy Whelan so if there were two brothers on the street for a game, they were usually the Greenhoffs. Anyone blonde was Gordon McQueen, and anyone left footed was Liam Brady. If you could head the ball, you were either Frank Stapleton or John Toshack. One kid insisted on being called Sean Toshack, which he thought was an acceptable compromise with the foreign game, Sean being the Irish for John.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2012, 11:05:00 pm »
That Man Utd WBA clip brought back a few memories for me. I was about seven and just getting to know English football properly and I still remember all the names from Derek Statham to Batson, and especially the United players. Ireland in the seventies held many Mancland fans, probably going all the way back to Billy Whelan so if there were two brothers on the street for a game, they were usually the Greenhoffs. Anyone blonde was Gordon McQueen, and anyone left footed was Liam Brady. If you could head the ball, you were either Frank Stapleton or John Toshack. One kid insisted on being called Sean Toshack, which he thought was an acceptable compromise with the foreign game, Sean being the Irish for John.

I remember the Jimmy Greenhoff goal, hated him, think it was a goal of the month. West Brom were a really good team, I think we tried to sign Statham and he failed a medical, everyone in our school was a Toshack or a Latchford (the shit ones).

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2012, 11:14:17 pm »

What a game that was. That was from the era when you watched football for the love of it...watching The Big Match or Match of the day whoever was playing. Loved that WBA team....also liked the Arsenal team of the time...and still have a team sheet signed by that Arsenal team (obtained by Sammy Nelson!)

As for tomorrow's team, a bit of Suso and Samed would be nice....
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2012, 11:21:07 pm »
                       Jones
Wisdom Carragher Coates Enrique
            Henderson   Sahin
      Downing   Suso     Assaidi
                      Yesil

Reina, Sama, Suarez, Gerrard,  Sterling, Robinson, Pacheco.

If we still in with a chance at the 65' mark hopefully we bring on Suarez, Gerrard & Sterling and twat them. It's only an hour and a half down the road so we can probably get away with having a few of the senior lads in the squad. Big chance for Henderson/Sahin along with Coates to prove themselves.

I think we'll win 2-1 with Downing scoring early and Gerrard late.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:25:02 pm by DanA »
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline TheRealJA

• Main Stander
    • Barclays Premier League Stadiums
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2012, 11:23:49 pm »
Most of the capable youngsters have played. Hope Yesil gets some game time and pacheco is played further wide or attacking mid, not out of position. Thats it really, copy what Arsenal used to do, field literally a B team

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2012, 11:26:01 pm »

With Big Ron at the end saying 'well, it has to be one of the coloured players up front.' after being asked who was MoTM. It's not fair is it, but... bloody hell.

Offline Road End Sikh

• Anny Roader
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2012, 11:26:32 pm »
Cyrille Regis used to live in a tower block on the council estate opposite our school in Smethwick. Can you imagine a top-flight player and England international doing that now??
He had the hardest shot in football at that time and that WBA team was quality with Cunningham, Cantello and Bomber Brown. Tragic what happened to Cunningham. Apparently, they are going to put a statue up of the Three Degrees in West Bromwich to mark their influence on black players that followed them.

Bit of a local derby for me, this one, hopefully a better result that the last couple of games.

LFC    then   now   always

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2012, 11:31:02 pm »

Those of us who remember a very young team winning at Spurs in the league cup to take us to Cardiff will remember that Stephan Henchoz played one of his final games that night supporting the same youngsters. West Brom aren't mugs but there is no reason why we cannot beat them and move towards Wembley.

Is that the game they played us off the park for 90mins, someone (Riise?) had a nasty accident with the hoarding, and somehow we nipped a goal (ngog?) in ET?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2012, 11:40:43 pm »
Some Liverpool fans will never be accused of alacrity when it come to the League Cup, but like it or not our love-affair with winning trophy's distinguishes us from other clubs, its adds to our mantra as a successful club. It elevates us above most other clubs irrespective of their league position and current form.

Already, many fans dreams of witnessing silverware hanging off the back of a coach or a trip to Wembley have been culled. Even a meretricious semi-final visit on an early Spring afternoon would be sincerely welcome to thousands of fans who have seen their team squander league places over the festive period. For most, English football represents entry and exit of three cup competitions, for Liverpool it represents entry, progress and a likelihood of a win of any of four competitions.

It won't be doomsday if we lose tomorrow, but it will be a missed opportunity for fans, the youth in our squad and more pertinently for Brendan Rodgers who will be keen to add to the clubs shiny haul and write his name in our history.

WBA haven't caused a threat to us since I was a kid, so every effort and every ounce of energy should be placed by every member of the club to ensure they don't prevent us from being in that draw tomorrow night.

We are, by association with the number that rests over the silhouette of each available trophy, a club that prides itself with every cup win, they sustain our existence as one of the great clubs in the world. Enjoy every single one as if ions will pass before the next without sympathy for the clubs who use ribbons in hair rather than in cabinets.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2012, 11:45:31 pm »
Used to love Cyrille Regis. I was about 8 to 10 and that whole Specials thing was going on and I shaved my head and cried. Ha.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2012, 11:47:18 pm »
Personally, I'm looking forward to the game. It's always nice to see new young players get a chance and tomorrow we get the opportunity to add some more quality kids into the first team match day squad.

Can Jack Robbo step up, Andre, Yesil ? Will Pacheco finally come good, what's Assaidi like, can Danny Wilson save his career here with a great performance ? How will the one area we look strong centre mid work with Sahin/Hendo and maybe Assaidi in there or Downing ?

Plus night match at the Hawthorns should have a great atmosphere, can't wait, hope we get our first bit of luck of the season.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2012, 01:21:47 am »
rumoured team:

Jones; Wisdom, Carragher, Wilson, Robinson; Assaidi, Henderson, Sahin, Downing; Pacheco, Yesil
If that's the team then most likely it will be

Jones; Wisdom, Carragher, Wilson, Robinson; Henderson, Sahin, Pacheco; Assaidi, Downing, Yesil
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:04 am »
Cyrille Regis used to live in a tower block on the council estate opposite our school in Smethwick. Can you imagine a top-flight player and England international doing that now??
He had the hardest shot in football at that time and that WBA team was quality with Cunningham, Cantello and Bomber Brown. Tragic what happened to Cunningham. Apparently, they are going to put a statue up of the Three Degrees in West Bromwich to mark their influence on black players that followed them.

Bit of a local derby for me, this one, hopefully a better result that the last couple of games.

They really putting up a statue? That is superb. They were a hell of a good team then, 77-80. Were we not in for Derek Statham at one point, before we got Alan 'Multi European Cup Final Winning Goal Scoring Legend' Kennedy? About 4 caps between the 2 of them, and almost 100 for Kenny Sansom. Oh well.
A three man statue is some tribute, hard to get the postures right I would think, but well deserved, and I would like to see it when they do it. Good move.

Meanwhile, hope we take some worthwhile revenge, and since Kelly is now injured for the rest of the season, it is time for more of our defenders to make their mark in these games. Resting the older first teamers is good, and keeping the younger first teamers fresh is important, so these are the games for players like Wisdom, Robinson, Yesil perhaps to show how close they can be to the first team, and for players like Downing to show they have something to offer a club as big as we still want, and intend, to be.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2012, 05:31:38 am »
I'd be very pleased with that.

Pacheco would get a chance to start in his favoured position out wide. Playing Wilson in the middle would suggest Coates will be playing on the weekend. Another chance for Assaidi and Sahin to get match fitness and a bit of form. Robinson at left back is what we have been waiting to see for a while. Yesil has goals. Not overally exciting, but plenty of positives to take from that line up if we get a good result.

I think it is an 'exciting' team but I wouldnt be overly confident we will win.

What I mean is it looks like a team you would see in a friendly and would be excited to see how the young lads get on and as if the result is meaningless.Im not sure if that worries me that we dont really care about the competition but whatever rodgers thinks is best is best.

If it means by getting knocked out of league cup and focusing on league that we can challenge for 4th then Im all for it.And alng the way the young lads will get hgue experience and may even get far with a bit of luck.

Will the game be streamed online ?

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2012, 06:04:03 am »

Jones; Wisdom, Carragher, Wilson, Robinson; Henderson, Sahin, Pacheco; Assaidi, Downing, Yesil
Decent eleven. Just keep Gerrard Sterling and Suarez on the bench.
We need to win this one.

Offline memoriesgone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2012, 06:32:35 am »
I think it is an 'exciting' team but I wouldnt be overly confident we will win.

What I mean is it looks like a team you would see in a friendly and would be excited to see how the young lads get on and as if the result is meaningless.Im not sure if that worries me that we dont really care about the competition but whatever rodgers thinks is best is best.

If it means by getting knocked out of league cup and focusing on league that we can challenge for 4th then Im all for it.And alng the way the young lads will get hgue experience and may even get far with a bit of luck.

Will the game be streamed online ?

I think the game should be available on a stream. It is one of the matches being broadcast  I think.

I agree with you that this seems like a friendly. I hope the team performs well. Is there still no team news?

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2012, 06:41:46 am »
Decent eleven. Just keep Gerrard Sterling and Suarez on the bench.
We need to win this one.

I'll be delighted if the likes of Gerrard and Suarez sit inside Melwood to watch the game.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Tookathered

• but lefta the blue
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Is because of peace i live. JFT96!!!!.
    • Twitter
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2012, 07:11:10 am »

good team, though i'll put Sama in place of Wilson, bcos Wilson hasn't played for us even in the u21 in a long time, on another note him and Carra are lightweight to handle Lukaku. If Coates is to be reserve for the first team then my prefer partner to Carra in the central defends will be Sama, my prefer back line will be Jones, Wisdom, Sama, Carra, and Robinson. I will also like to see Ngoo on bench, in all you've put out a good team. Y.N.W.A!!!!   

Offline ScottyBoy_21

• The Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie.
  • Kopite
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2012, 07:27:36 am »
Can see us snatching a narrow win here. It's funny how I'm more confident about our youth/second team than I am about the first team at the moment. (The first team just seems cursed and ridiculously unlucky).

Going to miss Shelvey's influence though. He and Borini made all the difference against Young Boys.

For me, it's important that we go far in this competition and in the FA Cup. Even if just to make our final league position a bit more bearable to see at the end of the season.

Then again, if West Brom take it seriously and pick a near-first 11 side, we could easily lose.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2012, 07:51:49 am »
Can see us snatching a narrow win here. It's funny how I'm more confident about our youth/second team than I am about the first team at the moment. (The first team just seems cursed and ridiculously unlucky).

Going to miss Shelvey's influence though. He and Borini made all the difference against Young Boys.

For me, it's important that we go far in this competition and in the FA Cup. Even if just to make our final league position a bit more bearable to see at the end of the season.

Then again, if West Brom take it seriously and pick a near-first 11 side, we could easily lose.

West Brom will take it seriously. We need to have a strong side out there. The media are waiting for us to lose this one so they can crank up the pressure.