Author Topic: FIFA 19  (Read 12647 times)

Offline KOP1975

• Feb 5: “Hurt the pockets of the club not the team on the pitch as the team needs all the help it can get right now.” Feb 7: “i never want to see Sakho-shit ever play for us again. He needs to be binned big time.” <— 'Helping' the team....?
  • Anny Roader
FIFA 19
« on: June 8, 2018, 09:14:49 am »
Be the first to see the #FIFA19 reveal. Set a reminder and tune in on June 9th 👉 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw16v3oGXso

Being shown here........

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
Re: FIFA 19
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2018, 08:26:14 pm »
FIFA 19 to have Champions League. Very excited for this!

https://youtu.be/zX0AV6yxyrQ
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2018, 10:03:18 pm »
RIP Pro Evo.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 09:40:13 am »
Gameplay footage. not just copy paste effort but actually looks worse. lot more arcadey this year

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kx0kpJBtmv8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kx0kpJBtmv8</a>

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 02:30:51 pm »
They're dreadful, people should just stop buying/playing footy games it's the only way they'll change. Look at what EA did years back when FIFA was absolute shite, no-one was buying it, and it forced them back to the drawing board.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 04:20:42 pm »
Haven't played FIFA seriously in a very long time.

Does anyone actually play games anymore? It seems to me like most people seem to just open "packs" and organise their team.

They're dreadful, people should just stop buying/playing footy games it's the only way they'll change. Look at what EA did years back when FIFA was absolute shite, no-one was buying it, and it forced them back to the drawing board.
We need a third option desperately.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 04:52:13 pm »
In as ever. Ultimate Team is just too addictive and fun. If it passed you by, that's a shame, it's easily the best thing to happen to FIFA, you would have loved it as a kid, it's just such a social game mode that it's amazing to play if you've got a group of friends on there. You do have to put hours into it which is what you want if you've got nothing better to do (like me, obviously).

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 05:04:33 pm »
Gonna try and avoid it this year. Sank way too much time into Ultimate Team in 16 & 18 when I could have been doing more useful things like exercise or masturbate.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 05:04:36 pm »
It was a decent mode, particularly when it first released and had the sticker book collection vibe, now it's the biggest pay to win scam going. EA don't particularly help themselves by oversaturating the game with OP special cards, that again, unless you're really lucky, you have to pay for. Chemistry needs a massive overhaul too, but the way I want it (players building up chemistry by playing with each other for sustained periods, or having previously played together) would result in less packs being bought. And ultimately that's what the mode's all about these days.
AHA!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 05:16:55 pm »
It was a decent mode, particularly when it first released and had the sticker book collection vibe, now it's the biggest pay to win scam going. EA don't particularly help themselves by oversaturating the game with OP special cards, that again, unless you're really lucky, you have to pay for. Chemistry needs a massive overhaul too, but the way I want it (players building up chemistry by playing with each other for sustained periods, or having previously played together) would result in less packs being bought. And ultimately that's what the mode's all about these days.

This year was probably the easiest it has been to get a boss team and special players I thought. You really didn't need to put any money into it.

It's still a crazy mode that is built around trying to get people to buy packs for sure. Just the social aspect and team-building (always the best part of footy games, whether manager mode or master league) bits are so much fun.

Can't beat Pro Clubs either.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 09:37:46 pm »
That gameplay vid could easily be from 18.

Doesn’t look like they’ve added anything new gameplay wise and just updated the menus.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 12:05:53 am »
wasnt this peter Moore’s work?

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 03:54:13 pm »
Gerrard is one of the new Icons for 19.

Can't wait to not be able to afford him :)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 12:25:54 am »
Actually enjoying the beta.

The champions league presentation is boss, new commentary team is much better as well.

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 04:23:06 pm »
Not got the last 2 games as I feel its stagnating a load and EA are only arsed about Ultimate Team, may give this one a go once I see how people are rating it. I miss when career mode was the best part!

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 05:44:32 pm »
Not got the last 2 games as I feel its stagnating a load and EA are only arsed about Ultimate Team, may give this one a go once I see how people are rating it. I miss when career mode was the best part!

Exactly the same. I don't want to play against a load of rich kids who have all day and all night to perfect there line up. I want to play single career mode and work my way up through the ranks.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 07:44:12 pm »
Makes you think WTF do they do throughout the year. Tens of Millions being spent on virtual currency, and nothing being changed in the offline modes apart from minor visual tweaks. The three changes EA wanted to boost about are diabolical.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fifa-19s-pro-clubs-and-career-mode-are-basically-u/1100-6461333/

"In terms of Career Mode, we decided to make sure the experience with the Champions League was 100% authentic," FIFA 19's lead gameplay producer, Sam Rivera, told GameSpot at Gamescom 2018. "When it's Champions League day, everything changes--[there's a] reskin. That was our highest priority.

"But we are listening to our fans. They've been requesting more stuff, bigger stuff, in terms of Career Mode [and] in terms of Pro Clubs. There's discussions right now to see what can be added in the future. We know it's a very passionate community. At the moment, that's all we're announcing for those modes. We are actively having conversations, listening to [the community] to see what else we can bring to those modes."

When pressed on what would be coming to FIFA 19 specifically with regards to those modes, Rivera replied: "It's mainly the Champions League integration." Later in the interview, EA confirmed Champions League is not integrated into Pro Clubs, but that other licensed leagues are. More licenses, yet to be announced, will also come to both modes in the final game.

Following the interview, EA reached out to GameSpot to speak of three new features coming to Career Mode. Those three features are new locker room cutscenes, the integration of Ultimate difficulty (which was previously only available in Ultimate Team), and the addition of a star above your club badge if your team wins the Champions League. No new features of any kind were mentioned for Pro Clubs.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 07:46:56 pm »
Pro Clubs is one of the most criminally undervalued modes, by it's own developer. They really could turn it into another cash cow, if they had the inclination.
AHA!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #18 on: September 5, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »
Announcing loads of legend cards today.

Lots of good cards but f me how many united players have their been?

Not bothering with ultimate team this year anyhow

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 10:09:19 pm »
Played 2 mins on the demo and got bored. Think I'll wait until FIFA 20.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 11:25:25 pm »
Feels like they've changed things. Graphics look better on close ups, dribbling is better but balanced. Crossing might be OP this year but I think the change to tactics might be huge. CDM covering wide & playing inverted fullbacks & target wingers along with the new tactics set up might make a huge change to online tactics, especially in Ultimate team. Perfect shot is interesting, could imagine prime Gerrard being somewhat like his real life self this year.

Negatives so far, AI goalkeeping looks questionable and I'm not a fan of the new goalkicks as I have no idea where I'm aiming things.

Demo was a huge deal maker/breaker for me this year. Haven't enjoyed any of the last 5 FIFA's - especially post October patch but if it's like this I'm definitely buying.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 04:54:41 am »
18 was the first fifa i've played in ages, got it with my PS Pro, and even though i've played it a lot, it wasn't good. Probably played it a lot because i hadn't bought a fifa in a while ... played the demo for this and got to say, i'm pretty impressed. Liked some of the new gameplay features, seems fairly slick, will probably buy it unfortunately, though i'd prefer not to give money to EA,

Perfect shot is interesting,

it is. played as juve on my first game. difficulty was amateur by default, but i scored an absolute ridiculous goal with mandzukic off a first time shot form about 25-30 yards out. first time shots in fifa have always been fairly shit and inconsistent, so it's a decent addition
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:57:37 am by Sir Psycho Sexy »
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 10:15:48 pm »
Demo is surprisingly good, looking forward to it now.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 07:36:58 pm »
Looks like Juve will be the online go to team this year for the 10 year olds.

They're fucking quality on this and Madrid are surprisingly shite.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 09:43:04 am »
Not a fan of the commentary selection for the champions league games on the demo. Can it be changed in the full game?

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 05:47:19 pm »
Just when I thought they couldn't make the game worse, they pull out this steaming turd.

Zero gravity football.
AHA!

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2018, 12:17:26 pm »
I'm enjoying it a lot. Defending takes some getting used to but once it clicks it's a good game. Much better than last year's offering as well which was so so bad

I'd prefer Pro Evo but on the X1 you can't do the Option Files so that's a no go but this is very good

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2018, 12:19:13 pm »
I'm enjoying it a lot. Defending takes some getting used to but once it clicks it's a good game. Much better than last year's offering as well which was so so bad

I'd prefer Pro Evo but on the X1 you can't do the Option Files so that's a no go but this is very good
Same boat as you. Loved the last two Pro Evos but just CBA with not having option files any more. At least this does seem decent (from the demo) and I'm definitely buying it next week.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 02:37:24 pm »
Played a few games of pro clubs on it last night and found it to be even more pinball like than previous games. The flight of the ball seems off to me and also how it holds up at times like you’re playing on a boggy pitch

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 03:17:30 pm »
Same boat as you. Loved the last two Pro Evos but just CBA with not having option files any more. At least this does seem decent (from the demo) and I'm definitely buying it next week.
Scratch that, bought it today. Yeeeeooooo for credit cards!

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2018, 01:10:14 am »
AI scoring from Corners and Crosses feels way to OP, hopefully that can dial that down a little bit through updates. Also as some others have said the flight of the ball feels strange. I feel like they have gone to Fifa 15 or whatever it was when lofted through balls were way to easy now its almost impossible to use even when on a breakaway with a man advantage.

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2018, 11:37:36 pm »
Alright lads, how's it going?

A couple of us from here played a lot of clubs last year on the PS4 (900 games to be exact), we're carrying it on in fifa 19, anyone else interesting in joining?

Add me on PSN - Mackkaa3 if you want to and I'll send the invites out when I get the game on Tuesday.
"You're our main striker" - Oddball2514. 50,000 times.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2018, 10:20:11 am »
Been playing the demo, it's pretty decent but not sure about getting the game. Some minor nitpicks are:

-The menus being the same as in FIFA 18.
-Pressing the X button about 100 times in order to play a match.
-Keepers save almost EVERY penalty, no matter what you do.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2018, 01:16:26 pm »
And the first Liverpool In Form card of the season is..................... Matip  :D

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2018, 01:22:17 pm »
Got my copy coming today hopefully.

Offline trav2591

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2018, 09:54:27 am »
Didnt play the last one, but picked this one up. First thing i noticed is that volleys are extremely overpowered!

Opponent played a lofted through ball to Eriksen and rather than try and run it in to create a chance he just pinged it on the volley from 35~ yards to score an absolute wordie..

Similar thing happened in my second game to.

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2018, 12:42:50 pm »
Been playing the demo, it's pretty decent but not sure about getting the game. Some minor nitpicks are:

-The menus being the same as in FIFA 18.
-Pressing the X button about 100 times in order to play a match.
-Keepers save almost EVERY penalty, no matter what you do.

Never really understood the criticism of menus being the same, if you have a system that works and is recognised by your fanbase there's not really a need to change it. The X button having to be pressed 100 times is only in the demo version, it's the same every year to force you to see the newest features.

As for the keepers saving penalties, I haven't taken one so I'm not sure, but stuff like that tends to be picked up on and patched pretty soon after release.

I'll probably pick it up after a few weeks.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2018, 12:44:29 pm »
Didnt play the last one, but picked this one up. First thing i noticed is that volleys are extremely overpowered!

Opponent played a lofted through ball to Eriksen and rather than try and run it in to create a chance he just pinged it on the volley from 35~ yards to score an absolute wordie..

Similar thing happened in my second game to.

It'll be people using the new timed finishing. Some of the goals I was scoring on the demo were ridiculous with it. Seemed a bit OP, can imagine someone who has mastered it would be a nightmare to play against.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2018, 01:37:32 pm »
It's like they saw us play and just the two overheads from Madrid and went "Let's make a game based around that".

High pressure is ridiculously overpowered, you can barely string two passes against it.
AHA!

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2018, 02:55:17 pm »
This is a really trivial thing but why do they still bring up which language you want each time the game loads, surely should just be on the initial launch?