Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Fulham v Liverpool, 21st April 2024, 16:30  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MATCH PREVIEW - Fulham v Liverpool, 21st April 2024, 16:30
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2024, 02:35:57 pm »
Good lineup if true, exactly the team I want to see. Hope Diaz plays from the right.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2024, 02:36:12 pm »
Go full strength , what’s the point of resting anyone now

Yeah - let’s test their resolve.

3 away games in 7 days so hopefully it’s the same 11 for each match.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2024, 02:36:14 pm »
Can't see Dom not starting, unless he's injured?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2024, 02:38:48 pm »
The negativity surrounding this Team recently is really bonkers.

I genuinely cannot get my head round any of it.

Trent, VVD and Klopp have called for us to be united and it just gets ignored.

It's always been the same sadly, hopefully the players themselves are more together. I'm sure the away crowd will be in good voice as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2024, 02:39:51 pm »
Can't see Dom not starting, unless he's injured?

Possibly rested I would suggest three games in ten days no one is starting every single one of them, Alisson besides.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2024, 02:40:38 pm »
Yeah - let’s test their resolve.

3 away games in 7 days so hopefully it’s the same 11 for each match.

There’s 6 games to go , they should be ok within reason not saying start same 11 every game but with 6 games there’s more opportunity to play strongest team

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2024, 02:42:16 pm »
There’s 6 games to go , they should be ok within reason

Are you actually serious ?

You realise we have had a ridiculous amount of injuries so the available have been run into the ground
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2024, 02:43:05 pm »
The negativity surrounding this Team recently is really bonkers.

I genuinely cannot get my head round any of it.

Trent, VVD and Klopp have called for us to be united and it just gets ignored.

We haven’t scored other than from a set-piece in four games.

And it’s the players and fans in the ground who need to be united. Posts by a bunch of herberts on a messageboard, either positive or negative, make fuck all difference.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2024, 02:44:29 pm »
We haven’t scored other than from a set-piece in four games.

And it’s the players and fans in the ground who need to be united. Posts by a bunch of herberts on a messageboard, either positive or negative, make fuck all difference.

And the fans at Palace / Atalanta were appalling.

I would love to know why it has become this bad in a middle of a title race.

It feels like the draw at Old Trafford derailed a whole season.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 02:47:22 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2024, 02:51:40 pm »
There’s 6 games to go , they should be ok within reason not saying start same 11 every game but with 6 games there’s more opportunity to play strongest team
Do we actually know what the strongest team is right now? The form of so many is not where we’d like it to be, so it’s hard to say what is the best XI at the moment.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2024, 02:53:36 pm »
So, what would you have done? You're very good at having a go at every team selected but you never suggest alternatives do you?

We seen what it was like last week with Tsimikas coming in the team when he’s barely played. Gravenbech has sat on the bench for the last 4/5 games and we’re just chucking him right into mix. It’s not like he’s even featured from the bench. We’re expecting someone who’s played 61 mins since the end of February to come in and make an instant impact.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2024, 02:58:01 pm »
We seen what it was like last week with Tsimikas coming in the team when he’s barely played. Gravenbech has sat on the bench for the last 4/5 games and we’re just chucking him right into mix. It’s not like he’s even featured from the bench. We’re expecting someone who’s played 61 mins since the end of February to come in and make an instant impact.

We have three games in the next week. You can't possibly pick the same side each time without getting yet more injuries. Whatever team he puts out he gets it in the neck, who'd be a manager these days?

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2024, 03:02:51 pm »
We have three games in the next week. You can't possibly pick the same side each time without getting yet more injuries. Whatever team he puts out he gets it in the neck, who'd be a manager these days?

Point I’m trying to make is that if he was expecting Gravenberch to be contributing in the business end, he could have done with some minutes in his legs before today. Chucking him in straight when he’s already having an underwhelming season is just asking for more criticism coming his way if he doesn’t perform here.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2024, 03:04:53 pm »
You still haven't offered a solution, you're still complaining.

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2024, 03:10:13 pm »
The rumoured team, plus what we have on the bench, is more than good enough to beat Fulham if we take our chances. Tough away game of course, but why even worry about being champions if you're worried about beating Fulham. Don't concede early, take chances, use the bench, we'll get the 3 points.

I'd agree however on Gravenberch, it's a risk throwing him in given his overall form this season, but if it means we can ride out the last 5 with Mac, Szo and Jones it's worth it to give them all a break.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2024, 03:11:16 pm »
Point I’m trying to make is that if he was expecting Gravenberch to be contributing in the business end, he could have done with some minutes in his legs before today. Chucking him in straight when he’s already having an underwhelming season is just asking for more criticism coming his way if he doesn’t perform here.

There is no reason why he can't play better though. He should be improving with each game he plays, especially with regards to rhythm. The fact is all players need to contribute, he just has to do more than he's done at the moment. No one is asking him to be the absolute star here, but he needs to play a part like the kids were doing beforehand. They hadn't played games before they were chosen but they went on there and threw themselves into the challenge. That is also what players like Grav have to do.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2024, 03:11:41 pm »
We've pressed about as effectively as a wet sock in recent times. I can't imagine that they'd be tired after Palace and especially Atalanta seeing as they spent passing it to Alisson during the whole of the second half.

As far as arguments in favour of not changing the line up go, "they cant be tired, they didnt do anything in the last two games" isnt a particularly strong one.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2024, 03:12:09 pm »
Said he could have had minutes in his legs before today or starting one of the lads who started on Thursday and giving him 30-45 mins today then maybe 60 mins the following game.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2024, 03:13:08 pm »
Absolutely nothing wrong with that team. I said the other day actually that Jota, Diaz and Gakpo should be out starting front three based on current form. Salah has been hopeless and Nunez not much better. Elliot and Endo are in better form than Jones and Dom, plus Quansah is in much better form than Konate.

We could have persisted with players who currently aren't delivering, or pick the players who are actually doing alright. I like it personally.

Plus, it's a hectic week. Players not playing today will be called upon elsewhere. We have to rotate at some stage.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2024, 03:17:35 pm »
Do we actually know what the strongest team is right now? The form of so many is not where we’d like it to be, so it’s hard to say what is the best XI at the moment.

True enough , looking  at them in training combined with recent games will give Klopp enough to think about

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2024, 03:19:05 pm »
Are you actually serious ?

You realise we have had a ridiculous amount of injuries so the available have been run into the ground

I said within reason , with only 6 games to go it gives more opportunity imo

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2024, 03:19:24 pm »
The fact is all players need to contribute, he just has to do more than he's done at the moment.

There were moments in the Autumn where I looked at Grav and thought we'd signed a young Vieira (hyperbole I know, but I'm prone to over-hyping new signings after a few good performances), he glided past players, looked a yard ahead of everyone around him, and then it all faded away. I've been waiting for that player to return, but it's been absent. I don't even think it's injuries, he just hasn't looked up for the challenge at times, and that needs to change. The same could be said for Gakpo at times as well, he's disappeared in games or come on and not looked up for it, but the last couple of weeks he's looked like he's working and putting a shift in, so Grav needs to do this as well. It's not un-natural for fans to worry about a player who hasn't really performed at a good level being in the XI at this stage of the season, and it's for him to change that attitude. We'll back any lad who is working hard even if he's struggling, same for Grav if he is up for the challenge today.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2024, 03:25:46 pm »
No Salah or Nunez starting…Grav,Endo and Elliott in midfield
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2024, 03:26:48 pm »
Do other teams have leaks like we do when it comes to the lineup? Obviously I’m not on other teams’ forums to know.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2024, 03:28:04 pm »
Seems to be that team getting confirmed - let’s see how it goes, should be fresh legs, not much rhythm though.

Concern is that team looks easy to defend against - everyone in it wants ball to be feet, very little movement or runs in behind. Hopefully we don’t play the game in front of them until Nunez and Salah come on.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2024, 03:28:13 pm »
Salah and Nunez have been rank lately so probably good to freshen things up a bit.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2024, 03:28:31 pm »
There were moments in the Autumn where I looked at Grav and thought we'd signed a young Vieira (hyperbole I know, but I'm prone to over-hyping new signings after a few good performances), he glided past players, looked a yard ahead of everyone around him, and then it all faded away. I've been waiting for that player to return, but it's been absent. I don't even think it's injuries, he just hasn't looked up for the challenge at times, and that needs to change. The same could be said for Gakpo at times as well, he's disappeared in games or come on and not looked up for it, but the last couple of weeks he's looked like he's working and putting a shift in, so Grav needs to do this as well. It's not un-natural for fans to worry about a player who hasn't really performed at a good level being in the XI at this stage of the season, and it's for him to change that attitude. We'll back any lad who is working hard even if he's struggling, same for Grav if he is up for the challenge today.

I don't think him missing the pre-season did him many favours overall. But there are rumours that Galatasaray are after him, so he will need to show a bit of form if he wants that move. I have been careful not to judge him too harshly, as I think some players need a couple of seasons to bed into the Premier League. But he can show more than he has, he just needs to give a hard working performance today, that's all I want to see. Show a bit of willingness to fight on the pitch, that shouldn't be beyond him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2024, 03:30:31 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2024, 03:31:00 pm »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2024, 03:32:42 pm »
I mean that side should in theory be good enough for a point at least. Hopefully we can get all three.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2024, 03:33:21 pm »
I mean that side should in theory be good enough for a point at least. Hopefully we can get all three.

A point is pointless now. Win or bust.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2024, 03:33:51 pm »
Hopefully we see Diaz on the right.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2024, 03:34:18 pm »
Now that Samie is on the job, we'll win today.. :D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2024, 03:34:47 pm »

It's hard being a Liverpool fan eh? I mean the pure dross in the team we have to put up with

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2024, 03:34:54 pm »
Front three is correct. What's all the crying? Nunez and Salah deserve to sit on the bench after their performances.

They may play better off the bench too.

Midfield a bit light but let's see. Thought Szobo would be better cover but we might be going for it. Glad to see Grav.

Up the reds!

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2024, 03:35:19 pm »
We usually don't start playing until the second half anyway, super subs to save the day again
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2024, 03:36:34 pm »

Where were you last week, I was waiting for that team sheet?  ;)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2024, 03:37:19 pm »
Robertson for Tsimikas the only difference to the predicted team?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2024, 03:37:37 pm »

Either the teams knackered or Klopp is fed up of some very samey performances of late.

I hate how they put that team out by the way. Just do a formation or at least in position order.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2024, 03:38:53 pm »
Why on earth in Gakpo starting??

He played the full game on Thursday too while Salah and Nunez had some rest and yet they are benched