Author Topic: PL: Sou 4 vs 4 Liv Jota 10’ 73’Bobby 14’ WP 19’ Sulemana 28’ 47’ Arm 64’ Gak 70’  (Read 15005 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say that Gomez is done, he probably has a point. Gomez probably is done for us. He's obviously not solely to blame for some of the goals we conceded yesterday but the deficiencies that he has displayed throughout his whole career with us were on display yesterday for the umpteenth time. He probably belongs at a West Ham/Bournemouth etc type of club and not with us.

He hasn't played for months on end yet people expect a player to instantly find the rhythm. It was never going to happen, I don't disagree that being away from LFC is the best answer for him, he's never going to be accepted here by a huge number of fans, that much is obvious. But he was done no favours by the manager yesterday that team was never going to be anything other than one that struggled with both retaining the ball and winning it back.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He hasn't played for months on end yet people expect a player to instantly find the rhythm. It was never going to happen, I don't disagree that being away from LFC is the best answer for him, he's never going to be accepted here by a huge number of fans, that much is obvious. But he was done no favours by the manager yesterday that team was never going to be anything other than one that struggled with both retaining the ball and winning it back.
We were playing the team in 20th already relegated if he cant come in & do a job against them with not much gametime then he isnt useful as a squad player.
I think he will stay but Gomez has been horrific this season

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Was worth sacrificing the season for that war chest in the summer though
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR

Yesterday was a weird one. We were on the beach but we still should have done better than we did. Gomez was a bit rusty but the mistakes he made were mistakes we've seen from him before. I think he would be better suited somewhere else so he can play week in week out. He's a decent enough understudy but next season we're really going to have to use our squad. Trying to get back into the top four and a Europa League run will really rest our squad limits and we're going to need better understudies than we have now.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Story of our season yesterday. we huffed & puffed but never blew the house down. Didn't realise how good Bobby's goal was until I watched the replay this morning and I was right behind Jota's and that was like a rocket.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
A reminder of why Joe Gomez is sadly done at this level, back-pedalling faster than most players can run, all the way to the penalty spot. In addition to two midfielders we need another centre back to be Ibou’s future partner and reduce the load on Virg.

Yeah that was weird to see but Fabinho had the chance to stop him in midfield, made a half hearted attempt and then proceeded to lightly jog back behind him

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Thought it was really bizarre that we chose Gomez to play in the middle and Matip on the right.
Why? this what Klopp generally done. Gomez plays the Virgil role when Virgil is out more then anybody else. I dont remember ever seeing Matip as the LCB.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Are we really still dissecting this

Was obviously last day of school shit and highlighted the need for a midfield revolution

That's it

Bobby scored on his final game after sitting people on the floor all over the place: that's my take away
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'Inside St Mary's: Southampton 4-4 Liverpool | Behind the scenes from the final day' - from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NUzSJurk-4M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NUzSJurk-4M</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/NUzSJurk-4M
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Quite funny how the pre match view was ‘give some youngsters and fringe players a run out, the result is irrelevant’ but when we were 4-2 down people were throwing their toys out the pram  on here

Just felt like a glorified friendly/charity match to be honest. Plus side for me was 2 goals for Jota again and a goodbye goal for Bobby. Not much else to say really.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I know he wasn't the only one to blame, but Kelleher was so weak in goal today. Probably his worst performance for us in a long time. Just shows how important Alisson is to this team.
I don't think any goalkeeper would have saved the third goal but the other three were all shots you can imagine Alisson saving and saving with minimal fuss.  They certainly weren't goalkeeping errors but could have been saved with slightly better anticipation or positioning (two areas Alisson is absolutely elite at).

I don't think it's a fault of Kelleher but just highlights how much Alisson has bailed us out this season as it's been really common to see teams running right through us.

We'll see if a few new midfielders solves the issue or if it's more systemic than that.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think any goalkeeper would have saved the third goal but the other three were all shots you can imagine Alisson saving and saving with minimal fuss.  They certainly weren't goalkeeping errors but could have been saved with slightly better anticipation or positioning (two areas Alisson is absolutely elite at).

I don't think it's a fault of Kelleher but just highlights how much Alisson has bailed us out this season as it's been really common to see teams running right through us.

We'll see if a few new midfielders solves the issue or if it's more systemic than that.
I agree on their third (and the conclusion on Allison), but would probably argue that Southampton's second and fourth should be considered an error on his part (he's not alone to be fair, awful from Firmino Tsimikas and Gomez for the second and Henderson for the fourth).

Second one is right at him, but he dives over it. Fourth one, he was (understandably) high out of his goal - when he retreats he takes up a position that is too wide. If Armstrong took another touch, Kelleher was in the perfect spot - and perhaps that's what he anticipated - but taking it where he did, Kelleher was out of position leaving much of the goal to hit.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was worth sacrificing the season for that war chest in the summer though

Looking forward to spending that 250 million.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Was it a wretched season though or likely to be the new norm?

For me, we have massively overachieved since Klopp arrived. I think those expecting us to automatically go back to 90+ seasons and challenge City season in, and season out may be in for a rude awakening. 

We are around fifty-fifty to get top 4 next season and around 10-1 to win the League.

I think that underlying numbers were better than our actual results (last season was the other way round)

So, obviously issues this season, but stats would suggest things weren’t as bad as they appeared.

As an aside, top 5 would get us champions league next season (not to do with your post, but I think important to realise)

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W