Author Topic: Liverpool v Wolves Wed 29th - 8pm Sky Sports 1  (Read 235759 times)

Offline Jimmy Jazz

• Anny Roader
Re: Liverpool v Wolves Wed 29th - 8pm Sky Sports 1
« Reply #3760 on: May 17, 2011, 08:36:13 pm »
Just woke up from a nap, logged on and saw this, and thought I'd travelled back in time.

Never do this to me again.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3761 on: May 17, 2011, 08:36:15 pm »
A place (at least) higher too.

Rafa accumulated more in 7th than Houllier did finishing 4th in his final season.

Not to mention he got more points finishing in 7th than Roy/Kenny got this year finishing 6th. 63 points would have seen us finish 5th this year.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #3762 on: May 17, 2011, 08:37:24 pm »
How about NOT make us remember the bad days?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3763 on: May 17, 2011, 08:50:21 pm »
Just woke up from a nap, logged on and saw this, and thought I'd travelled back in time.

Lol! Me too! Had to press refresh to make sure.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3764 on: May 17, 2011, 08:52:42 pm »

It was all a dream mate, Roy is still steering us towards relegation, Pepe is leaving in the summer and Kenny is not coming home from Dubai. :(
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline kopblooded

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3765 on: May 17, 2011, 08:53:49 pm »
Was there... only the second match of my life :(.. dont want to be reminded. glad to say i was one of the voice that shouted Dalglish !! One of many voices that got him out !! Happy to say i was also at the away end at Molyneux though :)

Lol! Me too! Had to press refresh to make sure.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #3766 on: May 17, 2011, 08:56:37 pm »
It was all a dream mate, Roy is still steering us towards relegation, Pepe is leaving in the summer and Kenny is not coming home from Dubai. :(

I actually DO remember when the news about Kenny was announced someone joked that there'd be an announcement on .tv in half an hour to say the website was broken and Roy was still here, they're lucky I'm not a mod!
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: May 17, 2011, 08:57:34 pm »
I was in the lower centenary, genuinely believing we were going to get relegated.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: May 17, 2011, 09:00:29 pm »
I was in the lower centenary, genuinely believing we were going to get relegated.

you were right (at the time)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3769 on: May 17, 2011, 09:02:05 pm »

Not time travel mate. You were just dreaming. Roy's still here. After a shaky start to the season we've finally found our form and are sitting at a very healthy 17th place, one point free of relegation. Only the mighty Aston Villa to go. Hopefully we can avoid being beaten too badly. Of course a draw would be ideal, but that's the stuff of fairy tales.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3770 on: May 17, 2011, 09:04:10 pm »
Not time travel mate. You were just dreaming. Roy's still here. After a shaky start to the season we've finally found our form and are sitting at a very healthy 17th place, one point free of relegation. Only the mighty Aston Villa to go. Hopefully we can avoid being beaten too badly. Of course a draw would be ideal, but that's the stuff of fairy tales.

Would be a famous draw too.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #3771 on: May 17, 2011, 09:23:52 pm »
I worked a 12 hour shift before this one, finished at 7, drove home like a lunatic to pick my lad up and then parked up and walked a mile to the ground. Got home about 11, went to bed for 6 hours and then did another 12 hour shift. Happy days!!

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #3772 on: May 17, 2011, 09:26:28 pm »

That would be utopia.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3773 on: May 17, 2011, 10:03:08 pm »
I went to this game with my dad. There was a point when we were 1-0 down and were just so unbelievably shite. I said out loud '...can anyone tell me if we've had a shot yet? Have we?' and heads turned around at each other with a look of bemusement on their faces as if to say "that kid's right yanno, we haven't." Then about 2 minutes later my dad started one of those sarcastic applauses. No one got it.

Fucking clueless, unbelievable night, for all the wrong reasons.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: May 17, 2011, 10:26:25 pm »
I can't remember this game anymore. I have a feeling it was the one where I came on here and 'abused' Hodgson, I think I might have said 'Fuck off Hodgson you nonce.' I just wanted to wring somebody's neck and just thought I'd be better off trying to wring my own instead - I was asking for a ban, in part protest at the pretty poor level of debate aimed at another poster who used the word nonce, but also because I lost it.

It had got to the stage where I had placed Hodgson on the same level as say Jamie Redknapp. Worse really. Just hated having to listen to his bollocks.

I don't hate him at all, just hated why he was there and what was happening.

Offline King Kenny07

• Main Stander
  • JFT96
« Reply #3775 on: May 17, 2011, 10:30:09 pm »
Don't know what was worse - this or Blackburn away??

Probably this because at least after the Blackburn match you knew that he was going.
Bill Shankly speaking To Alan Ball after he'd signed for Everton - 'Never mind Alan, at least you'll be able to play next to a great team.'

Offline foreverred1983

• Kopite
« Reply #3776 on: May 17, 2011, 10:44:16 pm »
I worked a 12 hour shift before this one, finished at 7, drove home like a lunatic to pick my lad up and then parked up and walked a mile to the ground. Got home about 11, went to bed for 6 hours and then did another 12 hour shift. Happy days!!

its memories like this that keep you coming back.

possibly the worst game i have seen, awful. Northampton was awful, Blackburn away was awful.

We then went to Wolves under Kenny and scored what i consider to be the best team goal of the campaign (Torres second) and the best individual goal of the campaign(Meireles)

How is it that one man can be so impossibly unsuited to manage a club? How is it that a few weeks after Wolves at home we could go to their place and play them off ther own pitch? Horrific.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #3777 on: May 17, 2011, 10:51:17 pm »
Kenny's caretaker appointment on the 8th of January is something akin to Bobby Ewing coming out the shower. I've repressed so much from the fist half of this season, it's unfunny. Trauma.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3778 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:38 pm »

How is it that one man can be so impossibly unsuited to manage a club? How is it that a few weeks after Wolves at home we could go to their place and play them off ther own pitch? Horrific.

He was so wrong for so many reasons. We all knew he wasn't the best candidate, so the scouting was a disaster (which Kenny saw straight away). Roy then just proved it with most of his actions. He had no idea of what was required. To me it seemed like he thought getting the job was "it". What he wasn't prepared for was that he needed to be better than ever before at his job, not just his usual self.

As for the team performance, that's easier to understand. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For the odd game, it's just a thing to accept, but it's important not to make it a habit. We made it a habit.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3779 on: May 17, 2011, 11:06:33 pm »

I like  remembering  Rafa ;)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #3780 on: May 17, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »
This game was truly shocking for us, but in my eyes the dismal 3-1 loss to Blackburn when we made them look like Arsenal was equally as dire.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline samlfc

• Main Stander
  • just rawkin'
« Reply #3781 on: May 17, 2011, 11:58:02 pm »
Horrendous reading through that!
I think I actually went into a state of shock watching the match that night!
Horrible times, dreading every match, fearing Roy could take us to a new low!
Then the post match interviews!  :'( :no :( :butt :'(

There was a post on here with a lot of Roy's words of wisdom ::)
Can anyone remember it?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: May 18, 2011, 11:10:47 am »
Just asked about his 'no manager could do a better job with the squad' comment. Doubt it will be posed but the old internet terrorist red mist came upon me.

The Dugout - Ask Pardew and Hodgson a question!
Wed, 18 May 00:00:00 2011

This is your chance to ask Roy Hodgson and Alan Pardew a question in our upcoming exclusive video interviews!

So far this season, we have put your questions to the likes of Harry Redknapp, Rafa Benitez and Roberto Mancini, and now we have two more Premier League managers to quiz.
Roy Hodgson has had an eventful season, leaving Liverpool in January before leading West Bromwich Albion away from relegation. He has enjoyed a hugely varied career, managing sides as diverse as Malmo, Switzerland and Inter Milan, before leading Fulham to last year's Europa League final.
Alan Pardew was a mid-season appointment by Newcastle, and has enabled them to secure an impressive mid-table finish in their first season since promotion. He is also a former boss of Reading, West Ham, Charlton, Southampton, Newcastle.
To ask a question, email ukfeedback@eurosport.com specifying which manager your question is intended for.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3783 on: May 18, 2011, 11:13:10 am »

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #3784 on: May 18, 2011, 11:51:16 am »
Just asked about his 'no manager could do a better job with the squad' comment. Doubt it will be posed but the old internet terrorist red mist came upon me.

The Dugout - Ask Pardew and Hodgson a question!
Wed, 18 May 00:00:00 2011

This is your chance to ask Roy Hodgson and Alan Pardew a question in our upcoming exclusive video interviews!

So far this season, we have put your questions to the likes of Harry Redknapp, Rafa Benitez and Roberto Mancini, and now we have two more Premier League managers to quiz.
Roy Hodgson has had an eventful season, leaving Liverpool in January before leading West Bromwich Albion away from relegation. He has enjoyed a hugely varied career, managing sides as diverse as Malmo, Switzerland and Inter Milan, before leading Fulham to last year's Europa League final.
Alan Pardew was a mid-season appointment by Newcastle, and has enabled them to secure an impressive mid-table finish in their first season since promotion. He is also a former boss of Reading, West Ham, Charlton, Southampton, Newcastle.
To ask a question, email ukfeedback@eurosport.com specifying which manager your question is intended for.

Not working that Rob mate, mailed mine and it came back with an out of office reply :)
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3785 on: May 18, 2011, 12:26:50 pm »
I think the acid in my email may have broken the portal.  ;)

Anyway, water under the bridge/off a duck's back etc etc. Onwards, upwards to a red dawn.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3786 on: May 18, 2011, 12:28:59 pm »
I remember it well, I was off between Christmas and New Year...It was shit drive up and an even shitter drive back, By far my lowest ever point at Anfield  :(

Thanks god King Kenny is back  :)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3787 on: May 18, 2011, 12:40:14 pm »
masochist's paradise this thread  :P
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3788 on: May 18, 2011, 12:42:43 pm »

You have to remember the bad days in order to enjoy the good days.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #3789 on: May 18, 2011, 12:45:04 pm »
I think the acid in my email may have broken the portal.  ;)

Anyway, water under the bridge/off a duck's back etc etc. Onwards, upwards to a red dawn.
It's ok mate they gave me 4 other emails, so I emailed them instead ;D
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3790 on: May 18, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »
Watched that woeful performance on TV last night. Did anyone else notice just before the kick off of the second half, Nando look towards the bench and shake his head as if to say wtf is going on here? Sad but the lad loves the club and he could very well be driven out by Hodgson's hoofball tactics. Desperate times.

Ha.