Author Topic: What mobile phone?  (Read 869476 times)

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What mobile phone?
« Reply #280 on: October 28, 2006, 04:36:48 pm »
Got my SE K800i yesterday and I've got to say I absolutely love it. Couldn't ask more from a phone.

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: October 28, 2006, 05:57:21 pm »
whats that? the fact that I work in a phone shop? Not really because I 'negotiated' an exchange for myself and now have a brand new one instead of having to send it off for repair! :P
Bastard. ;D  :P
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #282 on: November 3, 2006, 02:16:28 pm »
so 02 have offered me the w810i for an upgrade they want to make me pay 140 quid for the w850i which am not going to pay, should i just get the w810i?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #283 on: November 3, 2006, 02:55:16 pm »
so 02 have offered me the w810i for an upgrade they want to make me pay 140 quid for the w850i which am not going to pay, should i just get the w810i?

yeah, its a quality phone.

You wont get anything extra out of o2 at the moment, because we've been told we're no longer allowed to price match. Which basiclly means we can't discount phones anymore, and that goes right through the company from new business to stores to retentions. Its down to exceeding the budget they set themselves for free phones given away. Basically they've had TOO many new and upgrading customers in the last year.

Basically they've made my job 10x harder. As if the tariffs wer'nt hard enough to sell already!

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 3, 2006, 03:10:38 pm »
would explain why they wernt bothered when i told them this morning that id be leaving, il either be looking round for the best deal on w850i or jus settle for the w810i

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #285 on: November 4, 2006, 03:06:14 pm »
would explain why they wernt bothered when i told them this morning that id be leaving, il either be looking round for the best deal on w850i or jus settle for the w810i

w850 isn't anything special to be honest.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2006, 09:39:56 pm »
Matt whats the new D900 like?  I know your'e not a big fan of Samsungs but i've always had one and never had any issues with them.  I'm with Vodafone and pay 30 notes a month, my missus is on the same as well.  We get 200 mins which is strectched with this stop the clock lark and enough texts for us like.   

Our contracts are up for renewal on 20 Nov, what do you reckon we should push for?  I'm not arsed about a phone that does music, a decent camera would be good though
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline SI1978

• Main Stander
  • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2006, 12:59:39 pm »
Matt/Anyone,

What's the best Sony Ericsson (or any other make) to get for under £130 on 02 Pay as you go? My Motorola has to go.

Cheers

Si  :wave 
I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2006, 02:50:21 pm »
Does anyone have a Motorola L6? Is it a good phone?
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2006, 02:55:02 pm »

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2006, 02:57:31 pm »
I have ordered a white w810i - sexy as fuck!

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2006, 03:03:17 pm »
think its going a bit far when a mobile phone can be classed as "sexy"  :o

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2006, 03:04:12 pm »
used to have an L6, it's okie but memory is crap and I couldn't do certain stuff on it after a while.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2006, 03:36:43 pm »
got an w850i now with t-mobile, a sound phone

Offline kopbird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2006, 03:41:18 pm »
My daughter had an L6 it was rubbish, it kept freezing on her and had a habit of turning itself off.

Offline mjv

• Main Stander
  • 5 times baby, 5 times!!!
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2006, 05:17:28 pm »
got an w850i now with t-mobile, a sound phone

I hope your W850i is better than mine, had to send it back after about a month as it kept freezing. Been on to the dullards at 0poo for the past hour been past from pillar to post spoke to 7 different people who all told me different things about what i was entitled to, i gave up in the end.  AAAARRRRGGGGHHH

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2006, 06:29:18 pm »
Got myself a Nokia N73 the the other day and it's superb.
Apart from the music player which is a bit of a pain in the arse to use at first but it's fine now. :)
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline neilem

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2006, 08:30:07 pm »
Anyone got a w810i?

I did something to mine last night (in a drunken state), and now when I receive a text message it doesn't pop up - I have to manually go into the inbox to view it. Anyway to fix this?

Offline iancr7

• Im sorry but who are you again ?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • likes men in uniform
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2006, 09:03:50 pm »
  i recently got a nokia n80 on an orange contract and thats a faitly easy phone to use and it has expandable memory too.
brummie born and (b)red

Offline fox1977

• Anny Roader
    • freepremiershiponline.com
« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2006, 09:41:49 pm »
Hi,

Matt S, is it best to wait until after xmas to get a decent deal from o2.  On an 02 online contract that was up last month and i'm after a n73.  On off peak online 300 i think and want about 400+ anytime mins with loads of texts for under about 25 quid a month (and hopefully with a free handset chucked in).

What do you reckon are the chances of getting one if i ring up and ask for a PAC code.  Or will they just say see you later

Cheers
http://www.freepremiershiponline.com/ - guide to streaming football online

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2006, 10:10:35 pm »
Hi,

Matt S, is it best to wait until after xmas to get a decent deal from o2.  On an 02 online contract that was up last month and i'm after a n73.  On off peak online 300 i think and want about 400+ anytime mins with loads of texts for under about 25 quid a month (and hopefully with a free handset chucked in).

What do you reckon are the chances of getting one if i ring up and ask for a PAC code.  Or will they just say see you later

Cheers

want somethin similar myself, but not really bothered about a new phone, although i personally think they offer loads when u say "id like to cancel, can i have my PAC code please".

altough if you state this company is offering me this bla bla bla, what can u offer me

cant wait to see what they offer me when im up (6th Dec)

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2006, 11:50:53 pm »
Matt whats the new D900 like?  I know your'e not a big fan of Samsungs but i've always had one and never had any issues with them.  I'm with Vodafone and pay 30 notes a month, my missus is on the same as well.  We get 200 mins which is strectched with this stop the clock lark and enough texts for us like.   

Our contracts are up for renewal on 20 Nov, what do you reckon we should push for?  I'm not arsed about a phone that does music, a decent camera would be good though

Well, I dont like it - but thats only because its a samsung and i'm not keen on the firmware. My assistant manager just got one and thinks its great, so if you like samsungs then go for it. It has a 3mp camera so fairly decent!

Matt/Anyone,

What's the best Sony Ericsson (or any other make) to get for under £130 on 02 Pay as you go? My Motorola has to go.

Cheers

Si  :wave 

K750i is now £99.99 - fucking great phone but quite old now.

or the w300i is a flip phone, but quite nice. Thats 129.99 online - cant remember how much it is thru our shop but I'd imagine its the same.

Go into a shop and ask to have a look.

Hi,

Cheers

probably could offer you a better tarriff for less money, but they wont be able to discount the price of the phone. That'll prbably last til january then you should be able to get them to give you whatever you like (within reason obviously)

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2006, 10:17:41 pm »
The SE K750i looks good. What are people's views on the Motorola V3i?
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #303 on: December 1, 2006, 11:22:11 am »
Well, I dont like it - but thats only because its a samsung and i'm not keen on the firmware. My assistant manager just got one and thinks its great, so if you like samsungs then go for it. It has a 3mp camera so fairly decent!

I ordered the D900, it arrived and I sent it back the next day as I didn't like it, although slim it was too big and seemed a bit delicate.  Settled for the gay looking Motorola Razer or whatever you call it, seems alright to me.  Ta for the info. 
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #304 on: December 1, 2006, 09:12:11 pm »
Anyone got a w810i?

I did something to mine last night (in a drunken state), and now when I receive a text message it doesn't pop up - I have to manually go into the inbox to view it. Anyway to fix this?

Try...
Settings -> General -> New Events -> Select Popup
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Themask

• Main Stander
« Reply #305 on: December 1, 2006, 11:26:08 pm »
Just ordered a Samsung E900 off dial-a-phone, seemed to have a pretty good deal. On Virgin, a special deal £15 for 12 months for something like 300 texts and 200 minutes (or the other way around, can't remember), down from £30 per month. Anyhoos, I've ordered it, and now I can't  find anywhere in my order status or the T&C's about it only being £15 a month instead of £30...anyone know whether I should be worried, or will it sort itself out?

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #306 on: December 1, 2006, 11:42:59 pm »
Just ordered a Samsung E900 off dial-a-phone, seemed to have a pretty good deal. On Virgin, a special deal £15 for 12 months for something like 300 texts and 200 minutes (or the other way around, can't remember), down from £30 per month. Anyhoos, I've ordered it, and now I can't  find anywhere in my order status or the T&C's about it only being £15 a month instead of £30...anyone know whether I should be worried, or will it sort itself out?

I always print stuff off when Ive ordered things on t'internet so Ive got proof.. but its still on there http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/offer/VM30P4/

Otherwise are you a cable customer ? Get 300 texts and 300 minutes for £10 a month here
 http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/genericContent.do?contentId=vm.with.cable.brochure.shop.sm241

Cable If you can, you should  ;)

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Themask

• Main Stander
« Reply #307 on: December 2, 2006, 12:04:31 am »
I always print stuff off when Ive ordered things on t'internet so Ive got proof.. but its still on there http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/offer/VM30P4/

Otherwise are you a cable customer ? Get 300 texts and 300 minutes for £10 a month here
 http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/genericContent.do?contentId=vm.with.cable.brochure.shop.sm241

Cable If you can, you should  ;)

Alas no, shame though, that looks like a damn good deal! Thanks for the advice, if they charge my £30 now they will live to regret it!

Offline WackyScouser

• Boys Pen
  • We All Live In A Red & White Kop
    • My HomePage
« Reply #308 on: December 4, 2006, 05:20:06 pm »
I have a Sony Ericsson W810i & I have had a Samsung D500i & Sony Ericsson K700i & the W810i rocks. I had a few probs with the Samsung D500i installing Java Games as I like playing games on me moby ie when i am bored stiffless on the buses or stuck in Qeues LOL. By the way any1 help me? I tried ordering sum realtones off the LFC Official Website & wallpapers, I got charged 30 quid for the a wallpaper & a realtone ffs robbing gits!!!! Anyway dont suppose any1 in ere has any Liverpool FC Football Chants so I can put on me moby. & the new Ring Of Fire song??????

Hopes any1 can help, I am deffo not ordering any ringtones etc etc of the Liverpool Football Club. Wotta Rip Off!!!! I even emailed them last week they never got back 2 me.

Offline Melanie.

• Redheads Rule. Redheaded REDS rule MORE. Fact. Vodka-sucking-non-warbling-Dorothy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has red hair
« Reply #309 on: December 4, 2006, 08:39:40 pm »
A friend tried to send me a text today and I got a message saying 'This message was adapted to your service. Original message is waiting in your personal album'.
Who? Where? WTF ???
to be honest I didn't know the old meaning but having googled, this means the next time someone called me ginger pubes i can go "NO! FIRE_CROTCH"
Me too.

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #310 on: December 4, 2006, 10:24:15 pm »
A friend tried to send me a text today and I got a message saying 'This message was adapted to your service. Original message is waiting in your personal album'.
Who? Where? WTF ???

Sure it wasn't a picture message ?
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline Melanie.

• Redheads Rule. Redheaded REDS rule MORE. Fact. Vodka-sucking-non-warbling-Dorothy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has red hair
« Reply #311 on: December 5, 2006, 04:04:01 pm »
Sure it wasn't a picture message ?
It was an animated picture but I have received those before and have no idea where my personal album may be  ???
to be honest I didn't know the old meaning but having googled, this means the next time someone called me ginger pubes i can go "NO! FIRE_CROTCH"
Me too.

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: December 6, 2006, 01:48:48 pm »
just renewed my contract. ended up getting

500mins (anytime/network) 500 texts was £35 but got £10 off for 12 months + 200 extra texts free for 12 months + samsung e900 (but wasn't really bothered about a new phone)

so in total got

1 samsung e900 + 500 mins + 700 txts = £25

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #313 on: December 6, 2006, 10:48:01 pm »
I got the SE K800i 75 mins & 100 texts with Stop the Clock for £10 a month and my daughter has the D900 on the same tariff.

My wife has the SE W810i on T-Mobiles Flext package. £180 allowance for £27 a month which equates to about 500 mins and 1000 texts.

We are all happy with our phones so it really is a matter of personal preference.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Sub

• Has a duck like a chicken
  • Legacy Fan
  • For sure.
« Reply #314 on: December 7, 2006, 01:25:19 am »
Just ordered the new james bond silver edition SE k800i  8) Get it while its hot  :lickin
'Football is a lie' - Rafael Benitez.

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #315 on: December 7, 2006, 01:40:41 am »
Nokia 6060 for me on a monthly bill
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline stewartw

• Toot toot to you two too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
« Reply #316 on: December 9, 2006, 08:12:32 am »
Just had a right good moan about O2 not taking me money out the bank on a regular basis, told them they are now in breach of contract and i will be fucking them off along with me birds contract when that runs out and hey presto

2 brand new K800i's james bond sets arrive to keep me sweet along with 2 x 512 mb memory cards, 2 bond box sets and 2 lots of co pilot sat nav software

what a result and not a bad phone either!!
That girl playing no 11 is quality, who she?  That's my daughter and she doesn't want to play for Macclesfield town girls!!

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 9, 2006, 12:15:19 pm »
Just had a right good moan about O2 not taking me money out the bank on a regular basis, told them they are now in breach of contract and i will be fucking them off along with me birds contract when that runs out and hey presto

2 brand new K800i's james bond sets arrive to keep me sweet along with 2 x 512 mb memory cards, 2 bond box sets and 2 lots of co pilot sat nav software

what a result and not a bad phone either!!

complete box sets or just goldfinger, goldeneye and man with the golden gun?

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: December 9, 2006, 12:34:28 pm »
my w850i pisses on k800i  :P

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 7, 2007, 11:56:15 am »
Recently found a Blackberry Mobile Phone on the bus whilst on a business trip abroad... Never actually heard about them until my recent researches on google. Does anyone have one and are they as good as they say? I have orderred a power cable for it, so I havent actually used it yet. Just trying to decide whether to sell my Ericsson and use this Blackberry instead.