Author Topic: Euro 2012 Qualifiers & other International friendly matches  (Read 50723 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers & other International friendly matches
« Reply #920 on: September 7, 2010, 10:04:18 pm »
Was there a game for the Argies in Argieville last week?

Fair point - I have no idea.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: September 7, 2010, 10:04:22 pm »
So would I, but what's that got to do with Liechtenstein?

;D
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: September 7, 2010, 10:04:59 pm »
Not been watching the match so its a genuine question.
Did the back-4 turn up tonight ?

Both goals beat the offside trap, so not really. Athough they were missing 3 regulars.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: September 7, 2010, 10:05:19 pm »
hahaha, going sick snatching a goal in 97th minute against Liecheinstien at home

gang of messes, hate scotland i do

Would you say the to Shankly? Dalglish, Hansen, Souness, Liddell, St John, Dunlop, Lawrence, Yeats, Gary Mac?

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #924 on: September 7, 2010, 10:05:25 pm »
Valdes, Navas, Llorente on
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: September 7, 2010, 10:05:33 pm »
What is up with Arteta's accent??
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #926 on: September 7, 2010, 10:05:37 pm »
Spain tired or not should not lose 3-0 as world champions. Argentina are obviously more motivated being in front of home crowd, and trying to impress the new coach and just because they are coming after failure at world cup. Everything is reversed for Spain, but still, this result will not for chances of Reina, Cesc etc. to be a first team player. They cannot win the competition against the likes of Casillas and Xavi like that.

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #927 on: September 7, 2010, 10:06:40 pm »
ITV are fucking tools. "Spain looked tired after travelling all that way to Argentina". Err... unlike Mascherano, Tevez, Messi, Zanetti, Milito....

To be fair , Spain got there on Sunday night .... the Argies have been home for awhile :wave
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #928 on: September 7, 2010, 10:07:10 pm »
never realised you were scottish mate!

:o

Scotland, you are a fucking joke of a team.... where did it go so wrong for them?

Souness, Carra was right  ;)
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: September 7, 2010, 10:07:36 pm »
Would you say the to Shankly? Dalglish, Hansen, Souness, Liddell, St John, Dunlop, Lawrence, Yeats, Gary Mac?

Puts ito perspective how far Scotland have fallen.... the list of players you put up is a fraction of great players and managers that they have had.... they have fallen apart now, pretty sad really..
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: September 7, 2010, 10:07:38 pm »
zzzzzzzzzzz
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #931 on: September 7, 2010, 10:08:19 pm »
Spain have a shit defence anyway and they were bound to be exposed by a team with a good attack.

Who is Argentina's manager right now?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #932 on: September 7, 2010, 10:08:50 pm »
Bollocks, only just realised the Spain game was on ITV4. :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: September 7, 2010, 10:09:00 pm »
If Capello doesn't start Johnson next time then there must be something seriously wrong.
Why? Its working damn well anyway?! If we were getting beat, I can understand your frustrations, but its 6 points from 6 and we are cruising.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: September 7, 2010, 10:09:03 pm »
Spain have a shit defence anyway

Er, no they don't.

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: September 7, 2010, 10:09:15 pm »
FT Scotland 2 - Leichtenstien 1 :wave
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: September 7, 2010, 10:09:39 pm »
Norway beating portugal 1-0 in a physical team effort. The mad professor - Egil Olsen is back - and we're top of the group..

Portugal struggling now - 4-4 with cyprus and losing here.. Both norway and denmark will take points of iceland and cyprus, so portugal are in serious trouble..

It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline phoenix wright

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Kid Torres
« Reply #937 on: September 7, 2010, 10:09:52 pm »
This fist half was an exemple of why Villa always says he likes to play with Torres. Can't remember the last match when he played well and had not Torres as partner.

In addition to that, he isn't a player to play lonely up front.
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: September 7, 2010, 10:11:06 pm »
zzzzzzzzzzz

I'll take that as a yes.

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: September 7, 2010, 10:11:21 pm »
This fist half was an exemple of why Villa always says he likes to play with Torres. Can't remember the last match when he played well and had not Torres as partner.

Villa was our best player in the first half.  Our midfield was poor though.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: September 7, 2010, 10:11:51 pm »
I'll take that as a yes.
take it however you want, fucking stupid thing to say - doesn't deserve an answer.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: September 7, 2010, 10:11:57 pm »
Just been informed Nicklas Bendtner missed a sitter. Waiting for conformation as I find this highly unlikely

Particularly as he is meant to be injured till October :P

The attendance at Hampden Park is 37,050 - which is bigger than the entire population of Liechtenstein, and one of the Leichtestein players couldn't play tonight because he couldn't get time off work..... 

Scotland, you are a fucking joke of a team.... where did it go so wrong for them?

Given Russia and Finland only just beat them last time, Finland also drew with them, it isn't that much of a disaster. These things happen in football sometimes

Congrats to Norway for beating Portugal, Lithuania for beating Czech Republic away from home, Slovakia for doing the same to Russia.

Any news on Defoe or Walcott?

Fantastic goal by Xherdan Shaqiri. and pleased that Bent got his first goal As an England fan, the only disappointment, outside of the injuries, was Joe Hart's nervy performance as I thought everyone else performed well. I had been dismayed at seeing Lescott start but he defended very well from first minute to the last, he and Glen Johnson were defensive rocks, When under pressure, we didn't seem to panic, Barry and Gerrard kept their discipline, the wingers (once Walcott was replaced)
helped their fullbacks. Hopefully we can do that against teams with more creativity as our defence has been a weak point. Going forward, with passing from Gerrard and Barry, the wingplay of all three wingers plus Glen Johnson, the movement if not the final quality from Defoe, we looked a real threat in first half and we always had the ability to hit Switzerland on the break. Probably the happiest I have been with an England performance against a good team for some time

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: September 7, 2010, 10:12:16 pm »
FT Scotland 2 - Leichtenstien 1 :wave

Slow stream ?   ;D
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: September 7, 2010, 10:13:00 pm »
Very very impressive performance by England tonight. Thats 3 out of 3 since the fatefull World Cup game, and all 3 have been very enjoyable to watch.
Dont know why all eyes were on Rooney... He had a very good last couple of games, did great on the pitch. Thought Gerrard was brilliant again. Little annoyed with Defoe... He is so hit and miss. One game everything he hits goes in...yet other games he just isnt with it. Hart was a bit rocky,.. however couldnt do much about Shakiras wonderful strike.
Pleased for Capello and all the England Team...and for the fans who continue to follow our team in massive numbers. Well in.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: September 7, 2010, 10:13:28 pm »
take it however you want, fucking stupid thing to say - doesn't deserve an answer.

Coming from the one who, totally unprovoked came out with "I fucking hate Scotland"...

Very good.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #945 on: September 7, 2010, 10:13:38 pm »

They'd be embarrassed by the current shower. All those names show is how far Scottish football has fallen.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #946 on: September 7, 2010, 10:13:53 pm »
Should've scored Llorente lad...

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: September 7, 2010, 10:14:02 pm »
Slow stream ?   ;D

Took time to stop crying over Spain :wave

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #948 on: September 7, 2010, 10:14:28 pm »
Coming from the one who, totally unprovoked came out with "I fucking hate Scotland"...

Very good.
Your logic was stupid, to be fair.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: September 7, 2010, 10:14:35 pm »
They'd be embarrassed by the current shower. All those names show is how far Scottish football has fallen.

Damn right they would.

Offline miroa12004

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #950 on: September 7, 2010, 10:14:36 pm »
So would I, but what's that got to do with Liechtenstein?

Well at least Lituania managed to beat the Czech Republic at Prague today.
Quote from:  HBK
It is good to be pissed of than to be pissed on

Quote from: Chris McCandless
Rather than love, than money,
than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.

Quote from: Matt Damon at Rounders
If you're too careful, your whole life can become a fuckin' grind.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: September 7, 2010, 10:14:48 pm »
David Villa versus David Weir in the next round of internationals......first quadruple hattrick in international football?
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: September 7, 2010, 10:15:00 pm »
Fantastic goal by Xherdan Shaqiri. and pleased that Bent got his first goal As an England fan, the only disappointment, outside of the injuries, was Joe Hart's nervy performance as I thought everyone else performed well. I had been dismayed at seeing Lescott start but he defended very well from first minute to the last, he and Glen Johnson were defensive rocks, When under pressure, we didn't seem to panic, Barry and Gerrard kept their discipline, the wingers (once Walcott was replaced)
helped their fullbacks. Hopefully we can do that against teams with more creativity as our defence has been a weak point. Going forward, with passing from Gerrard and Barry, the wingplay of all three wingers plus Glen Johnson, the movement if not the final quality from Defoe, we looked a real threat in first half and we always had the ability to hit Switzerland on the break. Probably the happiest I have been with an England performance against a good team for some time
Summed up very well there.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: September 7, 2010, 10:15:26 pm »
Your logic was stupid, to be fair.

How?

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: September 7, 2010, 10:15:40 pm »

He always plays well with and without Torres. Watch the world cup games again...he played well when Torres was on the pitch and played well when he wasnt.

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: September 7, 2010, 10:15:50 pm »
What a hand by Valdes

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: September 7, 2010, 10:15:58 pm »
David Villa versus David Weir in the next round of internationals......first quadruple hattrick in international football?

Haha! ;D

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #957 on: September 7, 2010, 10:16:57 pm »
How?
So just because we've had great players and managers from Scotland, that means he can't hate their nation?
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: September 7, 2010, 10:16:59 pm »
First time I want Argentina to win tonight... Fuck Spain... cant stand them, never have done.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #959 on: September 7, 2010, 10:17:12 pm »
Didn't see any of the goals - how's Pepe doing?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."