Author Topic: FAC4R: BHA 2 vs 1 Liverpool Elliot 30’ Dunk 39’ Mitoma 90+2’  (Read 28259 times)

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC has the most knowledgeable supporters
Re: FAC4R: BHA 2 vs 1 Liverpool Elliot 30’ Dunk 39’ Mitoma 90+2’
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2023, 03:33:33 pm »
That was our best performance in last 3 games. Didn't deserve that.

Better than the last game against these but we got what we deserved.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2023, 03:33:35 pm »
Decent(ish) first half, terrible in the second.

Good to see selections based on form for the midfield (until the subs) - shame we don't have enough fit players to do the same for the forwards.

We've brought fresh legs into the midfield with Bajcetic and Keita but then you're bringing players off the pace to come on for them.

Fabinho and Henderson's drop off has killed us this season in terms of the scale of the drop off. We had the chance to address that in Jan but haven't.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2023, 03:33:39 pm »
Fab with one of the worst cameos I can recall. Overall a load of shite and it looks like we have to lower our standards or we will all lose the plot

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2023, 03:33:47 pm »
Poor performance from almost the whole team bar Konate and Alisson.

However Mac Allister only got to the ball before Robertson by jumping two footed into the tackle. He wasn’t in control and it was dangerous. Ref buys it and gives them a free kick. Almost every time we went in strong he gave them a free kick.

However it doesn’t’t gloss over the fact that our passing, control and winning the 2nd ball was poor.

Was zero need for Robertson to make the tackle there stupid play.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2023, 03:33:49 pm »
lost the plot when Keita and Harvey went off..

there is room to improve our general passing ...

Offline the red symphony

• Anny Roader
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2023, 03:33:59 pm »
I need to say though that it was Robertson who conceded that free kick at the end.

Because Gomez missed out on a header that he should have won which forced Robertson into the tackle. Not a brilliant bit of play from either, but unfair to single Robbo out.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2023, 03:33:59 pm »
Still don't understand why our front 3 played the way they did. If Gakpo was bought to be the no.9, then why buy Nunez in the summer when we also have Diaz in the squad? Nonsensical throughout. At least, we weren't played off the pitch this time.

We bought Gakpo as we had firmino, Jota and Diaz put for 4+ more weeks, leaving us with Salah, Nunez (who immediately got injured), and then some youngsters/midfielders like Elliot, ox, carvalho. The price was good, he has very similar to Bobby (works hard, can dribble, passes well) but can also play in a midfield three. The hope was clearly that fabinho (especially) form was temporary - he is only 29 and entering his prime for a midfielder, but has been over played the last 18 months  - so that he would regain his class.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2023, 03:33:59 pm »
There was no improvement at all

First half was a definite improvement on the league game, the second half though, good god. Got progressively worse with every substitution.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2023, 03:34:00 pm »
Not specific to the game - but how is Jota still out? We’ve had 3 prime ministers since he last played.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2023, 03:34:02 pm »
Milner
Robertson
And Gomez totally schooled for their winner
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2023, 03:34:03 pm »
I dunno what people are watching with the good second half and didn't deserve that stuff, we did have reasonable control until about the 70th but that goal was coming, Alisson bailed us out earlier and Ibou with that block. Meanwhile we offered nothing at the other end.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2023, 03:34:12 pm »
Wild that Harvey Elliott is our biggest goal threat at the moment. Would be lovely if any of our strikers would consider scoring a goal.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2023, 03:34:29 pm »

We played much much better this game but an expected result, you can't bring on Fabinho and Hendo and expect not to concede.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2023, 03:34:38 pm »
Terrible and no signs of improvement
I thought we were a lot better today. Brighton are a better side than us, as they keep proving on the pitch, but we were a damn sight better than we were in the league game against them. More pressure and urgency. Just not potent enough up front and switched off in defence for their clearly well rehearsed winner, scored by the best player on the pitch today.

Not a great day, but I don't think we were terrible and I did see green shoots of improvement.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2023, 03:34:56 pm »
We are going to beat Madrid?
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2023, 03:35:00 pm »
Need to defend set pieces much, much better. If we had, we would have won.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2023, 03:35:05 pm »
Unlucky not to take that to a replay. But gutted to be honest.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2023, 03:35:10 pm »
Thought we were good in the first half and for about 5-10 mins after the first 3 subs in the second half, but we probably got what we deserved, just seemed to lose discipline and concentration at the end and the defending for their second was horrible
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2023, 03:35:14 pm »
Fell to pieces when Henderson and Fabinho came on..

Incredible to believe we aren't replacing both or one at the very least in this transfer window.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2023, 03:35:22 pm »
Poor from Keita for the first goal, turned his back on the ball.

Same from Gomez for the second goal, flogged himself, and then Nunez stands and watches him.

The defending was generally better, Konate didn't deserve to be on the losing side. Robertson and Trent's use of the ball was average at best going forward however.

Thiago had a poor game, lots of very sloppy passes

I wish we'd put a few actual tackles in when pressing. It just looks to me that the opposition know the challenge isn't coming, so they don't hurry and we don't force any mistakes. All it would take would be a few challenges early on in the game to put the idea in the defender's mind.

Again far too many of our shots on goal were scuffed, shanked, skied, anything but well struck and directed on goal.

Poor substitutions again, every time recently when we try to change things up we lose control of the game.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 03:38:18 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2023, 03:35:29 pm »
Didn’t deserve to lose that but shocking defending for the winning goal.  The lad at the far post had about ten yards of space for the free kick and Milner had a look at him before the free kick was taken and does fuck all about it.  Also Fabinho’s ten minute cameo was shocking.  Need to get players fit for the Madrid game. 

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2023, 03:35:35 pm »
Their goal stems from a recurring problem, nobody takes any notice of the guy at the back of the box. There are 3 players standing in front of the free kick, not a wall, not marking anyone, while the guy is free on the far side. Beats me, although it doesn't help having your centre back just turn his back on the ball.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2023, 03:35:38 pm »
Fabinho should honestly play zero more matches unless we’re picking between him and Alisson to play in midfield. We’re killing his value and he has nothing left to offer. It’s Thankyou very much and should be goodbye. How he stayed on defies comprehension.

Offline RedMan89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2023, 03:35:42 pm »
It's not about form. Curtis, Fab, and Gomez are just championship-level players.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:05 pm »
Without creating clear cut chances, we went from having a degree of control and looking dangerous, to ending up looking like a Championship side. Klopps changed the entire midfield and every time he brought one of them on we got worse. Hendo, Fabinho and Jones just aren’t good enough and need shipping out in the summer.

Offline Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jόrgen Norbert Klopp
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:06 pm »
Seasons (almost) over in january.. last chance against Madrid. I guess we'll see and need another miracle like that against Barcelona with some key players missing.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:08 pm »
Not specific to the game - but how is Jota still out? We’ve had 3 prime ministers since he last played.

Not much of a barometer mate, I've probably got stuff in the freezer that lasted three PMs

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:15 pm »
I'd really like something positive out of this season, anything, but there's nothing, Bajcetic is a very rare bright spot and he's a kid just coming in to the first team, this team are finished, massive rebuild needed, which now costs much more than reinforcing from a position of strength even 9 months ago, just utterly perplexing why FSG would willingly devalue an asset they're trying to sell.

Offline the red symphony

• Anny Roader
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:32 pm »
Thought the midfield was doing ok until Milner and Henderson came on. Two players who just don't have the athleticism to play at this level anymore. Also, wtf Fabinho. Not sure I've seen a player take a bigger nosedive in quality.

It doesn't even hurt anymore and hasn't for a while. Not sure I've seen a team give away so many needless fouls, which feels indicative of a team who simply aren't there mentally. There is no doubt in my mind that Brighton are a better team than us. Not sure who I'd miss in this team if they left, except Alisson honestly.

Milner did well. Shut Mitoma down which made them switch formation and push Mac Allister upfield. Game was in balance till Fabinho came on. After that it was like playing with 10, or worse.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:53 pm »
Fabinho should honestly play zero more matches unless we’re picking between him and Alisson to play in midfield. We’re killing his value and he has nothing left to offer. It’s Thankyou very much and should be goodbye. How he stayed on defies comprehension.
We're going to need Mendes to magic up something to get any kind of value for.him.in the summer

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:56 pm »
Absolute disastrous performance. The only positive is fewer games now that we’re out of the cup. Some of the players that have convinced themselves that they’re exhausted at least get a bit of a rest.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:56 pm »
Ox, Keita and Fabinho are finished

I don’t understand our Midfield plan does it all revolve around getting Bellingham?
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:57 pm »
FFS. Before the free kick was taken I was shouting at my son "whos got that fucker at the back post"

Milner sees him and doesnt call anyone across, leaves him free. gets blocked off... christ sake

Yes and it was clear the ball was going there.  But, not only that, Robbo got undercut in the box when he would have cleared the ball with his head.  That interference is what allowed the ball to even drop to Mitoma. 

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:00 pm »
Posted this in the Gomez thread but I feel so strongly about it, I am posting it here too

I dont usually post on player threads or after the game but felt inclined to do so today.

Absolutely pathetic for the goal, jumping and turning his back. My 12 year old lad did something similar this morning and I roasted him for it.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:02 pm »
Loved how Gomez jumps in for the block for the goal and turns his head so he doesn't even know until it's too late that no shot came.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:03 pm »
Good first half. Second half we didn't get going. The midfield subs were the final nail in the coffin.  :-\

Rival teams spending money and strengthening their squads like it's going out of fashion, while we're sat there doing nothing, having to rely on a 19-year-old kid and a midfielder who is made of Weetabix staying fit for the remainder of the season. :butt
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:07 pm »
The lack of depth on the bench is scary really but we do have jota, firmino and Diaz to come back. But until then it’s going to be a long old season.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:28 pm »

Milner did well. Shut Mitoma down which made them switch formation and push Mac Allister upfield. Game was in balance till Fabinho came on. After that it was like playing with 10, or worse.
Fabinho is done, he's not even a shadow of the player he was.

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:28 pm »
The transition moments when we win the ball back and have to go from compact to open, we're consistently losing the ball.

We have to get better in those moments because teams counterpleas us, win it back, and then there are holes everywhere. In turn we don't gain territory and get a bit more possession.

The press was foolish in the last 10/15, they started playing through it!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:34 pm »
Not to fussed, we would have just lost to Man utd or Man city down the road, rather go out to these and fabinho is still shit sadly.

And avoided a replay so not too bothered all in all. The performance was decent up to a point. We didn't have a single shot on goal after the subs which is piss poor, the attack completely broke down and the legs went out the side once you start bringing the oldies on.

Schedule eases up a bit. Can arrange Chelsea/Wolves for the date of the 5th round now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season