Author Topic: Stevie G and Saudi Arabia  (Read 48139 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Stevie G and Saudi Arabia
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2023, 12:35:14 pm »
One of the few news organisations that actually lets us know what is happening in the hideous land of Saudi Arabia.

Say nothing of Yemen, those reports have been horrifying.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2023, 01:29:28 pm »
Like this prick?

Leo
@spIashbrotherz
·
20m
Show some respect to other cultures.

A bad e-fan/troll, him. Showed himself up with his other posts in there too.

Well in BlackandWhitePaul  :thumbup ;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2023, 01:30:50 pm »
Say nothing of Yemen, those reports have been horrifying.

BBC news the other night had a king feature in kids injured in the fighting in Yemen, limbs amputated and other horrible injuries. The next item was that Saudi club bidding £230m or whatever it was for Mbappe.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2023, 01:34:55 pm »
No surprise that the BBC gets another mention, it feels like some want the demise of it as much as the Tories do.

Influenced by the likes of the Mail etc.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2023, 02:18:45 pm »

'Inside Henderson’s Saudi transfer: Gerrard’s strategy, Klopp home truths, ‘frightening’ wages' - by James Pearce and Simon Hughes:-

https://theathletic.com/4722601/2023/07/28/inside-hendersons-saudi-transfer-gerrards-strategy-klopp-home-truths-frightening-wages - or article in full, here: https://archive.li/ErgRg

a snippet...

'Henderson will also have to confront the fact that his exit has left a sour taste for those supporters who feel his behaviour has not lived up to his moral stances on big social issues. On Thursday, the move was criticised by the Liverpool supporters’ board, who said that it had caused “hurt and division”.

Henderson has yet to comment publicly on those recriminations but will have to do so at some point. His first press engagements are obliged to be with Saudi media, who are hardly likely to quiz him on the finer points of gay rights in the kingdom, but Henderson knows that at some point they will have to be addressed.
The more pointed questions, however, might not come until he is next called into an England squad for the October internationals, assuming he is involved.
For the time being, his attention will turn to the next big date in his diary. August 14, and a potential Saudi Pro League debut against Al Nassr featuring Cristiano Ronaldo, provided that game is not postponed due to Asian Champions League commitments.

Either way, it is a suitably bizarre end to a month which turned Henderson’s life upside down.'

^ worth remembering Henderson chose to turn his life 'upside down' - and also keep quiet on choosing to be a sportswashing hypocrite for a brutal oppressive regime.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 02:22:01 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2023, 02:49:21 pm »
He said on his video “Once a Red always a Red” or words to that effect.

He could be in for a rude shock. There’s a bit of trading on stuff like this. Supporters are the ultimate arbiters on who is Red.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2023, 03:51:15 pm »
The filter on the pride armband increases my cortisol levels.

And, spot on, Yorky. Surely, he’s thought 3 years ahead post-KSA or maybe he hopes it’s all blown over by then?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2023, 03:57:04 pm »

And, spot on, Yorky. Surely, he’s thought 3 years ahead post-KSA or maybe he hopes it’s all blown over by then?

That's probably the line of thinking by him and his advisors,who, like all Tories, will be hoping so much stuff will happen, most of it shit,  what he said/did will be forgotten about
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2023, 04:06:26 pm »
That's probably the line of thinking by him and his advisors,who, like all Tories, will be hoping so much stuff will happen, most of it shit,  what he said/did will be forgotten about

Yeah, he’ll be in for a rude awakening expecting reds to forget.

Or maybe he thinks we’ll have had enough of footy by then.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2023, 04:08:54 pm »
Fowler, Gerard, Firminho, Henderson, and possibly more to follow in taking the blood money from a murderous regime.

Plus all those who sell their souls to the media - Carragher, McMananman, Owen, Nicholl, Beglin.

Don't think there's a club on earth to touch LFC for having such a rogues gallery of two faced, greedy cowardly gobshites.

No idea why anyone over the age of about 9 would ever get one of our players names on their back.

They should retire the 14 shirt now, and hang it in the foyer with the name removed and "2 FACED c*nt" put on there instead.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2023, 04:14:33 pm »

So anyone not sharing your moral outrage is a tory.....nice to know. I'd like to know where your moral outrage is on the club accepting money from the Saudis? I mean if Hendo insisted on going there, we could have let him go on a free and not accept the Saudi money? Keeping our morals!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2023, 04:17:15 pm »
Fowler, Gerard, Firminho, Henderson, and possibly more to follow in taking the blood money from a murderous regime.

Plus all those who sell their souls to the media - Carragher, McMananman, Owen, Nicholl, Beglin.

Don't think there's a club on earth to touch LFC for having such a rogues gallery of two faced, greedy cowardly gobshites.

No idea why anyone over the age of about 9 would ever get one of our players names on their back.

They should retire the 14 shirt now, and hang it in the foyer with the name removed and "2 FACED c*nt" put on there instead.

Well, at least you mention all of them and not just Henderson.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2023, 04:43:41 pm »

I disagree with that. There’s a world of difference between working for the Saudi regime and working for the British sports media.

I know some fans get terribly upset when former players say critical things about Liverpool or praise our opponents, but we should save excommunication for genuine offences not make-believe stuff.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2023, 04:44:31 pm »
Well, at least you mention all of them and not just Henderson.

Not all, Rafa is missing.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2023, 05:25:36 pm »
Not all, Rafa is missing.

Going to China and Chelsea (under Ambramovich) terrible mistakes, I reckon.

But we had fans on here openly supporting him and wishing him well.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2023, 05:26:03 pm »

That's the type of thing Henderson has also signed up to... the alteration / dismissal / removal of his past history... by his current sportswashing employers.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2023, 05:42:47 pm »
Going to China and Chelsea (under Ambramovich) terrible mistakes, I reckon.

But we had fans on here openly supporting him and wishing him well.

Yeah, i see nothing wrong wishing him well going to China, where companies literally started installing nets around the buildings to stop the workers from commiting suicide by jumping down, because miserable people can't take it anymore by working two or more shifts everyday.

Gay rights? Religious freedom? Democracy? Workers rights? All non-existent in China.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2023, 05:58:01 pm »
tyutyutyytuy" border="0

:thumbup

Nice work Capon (sorry - I thought I'd already thumbs-upped this)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2023, 05:59:34 pm »
Yeah, i see nothing wrong wishing him well going to China, where companies literally started installing nets around the buildings to stop the workers from commiting suicide by jumping down, because miserable people can't take it anymore by working two or more shifts everyday.

Gay rights? Religious freedom? Democracy? Workers rights? All non-existent in China.

Difference is that the Chinese state haven’t bought an English club and there wasn’t the same childish attempts by the club Rafa went to trying to cash in on his Liverpool links.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2023, 06:07:49 pm »
Difference is that the Chinese state haven’t bought an English club and there wasn’t the same childish attempts by the club Rafa went to trying to cash in on his Liverpool links.

That's the only difference that is bothering you? Jeez mate, clubs have been copying each other's crests, colors even chants and songs since always. It's not a big deal for me. Especially when that club is on the other side of the world. As for them buying a club in England, i already said many times, it's Abramovich who has opened that gate for all the monsters to come in.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 06:11:17 pm by Ravishing Rick Dude »

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2023, 06:10:52 pm »
That's the only difference that is bothering you? Jeez mate, clubs have been copying each other's crests, colors even chants and songs since always. It's not a big deal for me. Especially when that club is on the other side of the world.

It’s all part of the sports washing routine.

Which for all the heinous faults the Chinese state haven’t turned to yet.

As they are too busy creating artificial islands to control shipping lanes.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2023, 06:22:24 pm »
'Inside Henderson’s Saudi transfer: Gerrard’s strategy, Klopp home truths, ‘frightening’ wages' - by James Pearce and Simon Hughes:-

https://theathletic.com/4722601/2023/07/28/inside-hendersons-saudi-transfer-gerrards-strategy-klopp-home-truths-frightening-wages - or article in full, here: https://archive.li/ErgRg

a snippet...

'Henderson will also have to confront the fact that his exit has left a sour taste for those supporters who feel his behaviour has not lived up to his moral stances on big social issues. On Thursday, the move was criticised by the Liverpool supporters’ board, who said that it had caused “hurt and division”.

Henderson has yet to comment publicly on those recriminations but will have to do so at some point. His first press engagements are obliged to be with Saudi media, who are hardly likely to quiz him on the finer points of gay rights in the kingdom, but Henderson knows that at some point they will have to be addressed.
The more pointed questions, however, might not come until he is next called into an England squad for the October internationals, assuming he is involved.
For the time being, his attention will turn to the next big date in his diary. August 14, and a potential Saudi Pro League debut against Al Nassr featuring Cristiano Ronaldo, provided that game is not postponed due to Asian Champions League commitments.

Either way, it is a suitably bizarre end to a month which turned Henderson’s life upside down.'

^ worth remembering Henderson chose to turn his life 'upside down' - and also keep quiet on choosing to be a sportswashing hypocrite for a brutal oppressive regime.

What an awful article. Written as it is the most normal thing in the world for Henderson and Gerrard to do, whole article written from the sense that it’s a ‘football project’ not a sportswashing one.

Athletic and Simon Hughes and James Pearce get worse and worse.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2023, 06:23:41 pm »
It’s all part of the sports washing routine.

Which for all the heinous faults the Chinese state haven’t turned to yet.

As they are too busy creating artificial islands to control shipping lanes.

Rick's a troll, mate. Lies about mod actions against him, makes knowingly false claims of "islamophobia" against other posters here, uses whataboutery to try and stir up shit amongst posters. Has a habit if stepping right up to the line of what is acceptable... then stepping back... and disappearing for a while, before starting again. Only surprised the mods haven't binned off yet.

I put him on ignore a while back - a number of others did too. Time on RAWK is far more enjoyable without reading his pathetic attempts at trolling and talking shite.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2023, 06:31:51 pm »
Rick's a troll, mate. Lies about mod actions against him, makes knowingly false claims of "islamophobia" against other posters here, uses whataboutery to try and stir up shit amongst posters. Has a habit if stepping right up to the line of what is acceptable... then stepping back... and disappearing for a while, before starting again. Only surprised the mods haven't binned off yet.

I put him on ignore a while back - a number of others did too. Time on RAWK is far more enjoyable without reading his pathetic attempts at trolling and talking shite.

Spot on Jason.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2023, 06:57:41 pm »
China are very much involved in sports washing, aren't they? At least Amnesty International say they are.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2023, 07:22:45 pm »
Spot on Jason.

Thanks mate.

Surprising to see a few others on here do similar with the whataboutery shite, and even after it is highlighted to them, they simply repeat it on across other threads... trying to point score with further whataboutism, false equivalencies, and bullshit? Or whatever it is they are trying to do?

Derail the thread or conversation they don't agree with or like? Deflecting away criticism from their personal idols etc by mocking or denigrating others... to make themselves feel better?

I dunno... time for a pint and to enjoy the weekend ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2023, 07:29:11 pm »
China are very much involved in sports washing, aren't they? At least Amnesty International say they are.

The Olympics?  Very true but they aren’t the only autocratic regime using international sports to give them credence - Russia, Qatar.

But to make the point again the Chinese state haven’t bought an English football club and have filled ex Liverpool players mouths with gold to feebly attempt to give them a semblance of normality.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2023, 07:31:55 pm »
Thanks mate.

Surprising to see a few others on here do similar with the whataboutery shite, and even after it is highlighted to them, they simply repeat it on across other threads... trying to point score with further whataboutism, false equivalencies, and bullshit? Or whatever it is they are trying to do?

Derail the thread or conversation they don't agree with or like? Deflecting away criticism from their personal idols etc by mocking or denigrating others... to make themselves feel better?

I dunno... time for a pint and to enjoy the weekend ;D

Nice chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc and a re run of Quadrophenia on iPlayer to remind me of my early teen ambitions to own a Lambretta. Never did but I did manage to model my hair style on Stevie Marriot. :D

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2023, 07:32:43 pm »

There'd be far more scrutiny of anyone going to China now then there was a few years ago, let's be honest.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2023, 08:18:58 pm »
Has Gerrard said anything publicly in the last week or two? About the growing backlash against him? Or even the fact that he's managed to sign the Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson? Usually when a club buys a new player the manager comes out saying how great it is to be signing blah blah, or welcoming said player? It's always news-worthy but I haven't seen or read anything stating anything remotely like this. Or maybe I've just missed it. The silence is deafening.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2023, 09:41:21 pm »

I concur.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2023, 09:47:27 pm »
Wait, sorry, I’m late to the party.
They actually greyed out the rainbow flag on any footage of him wearing it?

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2023, 10:26:11 pm »
Wait, sorry, I’m late to the party.
They actually greyed out the rainbow flag on any footage of him wearing it?

Well of course. Homosexuality is punishable by death there. They won't tolerate rainbow flags or any other symbol that contravenes their barbaric laws.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2023, 10:43:49 pm »
I think ultimately it speaks to footballers egos that they probably don’t fully realise why they’re there.

Surely Henderson knows he’s getting Mbappe/Messi level money because Saudis point is “every man has their price” not because he’s a good player anymore.

And Gerrard’s just given up - probably shows he has more self awareness than Lampard but he’s there for his name not his managerial quality.

Anyway - Sami Hyypia the last Liverpool captain not to sell his soul.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2023, 11:05:57 pm »
I think ultimately it speaks to footballers egos that they probably don’t fully realise why they’re there.

Surely Henderson knows he’s getting Mbappe/Messi level money because Saudis point is “every man has their price” not because he’s a good player anymore.

And Gerrard’s just given up - probably shows he has more self awareness than Lampard but he’s there for his name not his managerial quality.

I think you are right about Gerrard giving up, he had dreams of managing Liverpool, had a great start at Rangers then after failing with a blunt sword at Villa probably realised it's either not for him or he is simply not ever going to be good enough. Probably swayed him somewhat as he thought he wasn't cut out for it and managing is a different game all together at the very top level than playing the game.

Shame he didn't have the same fight that he did as a player.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2023, 11:20:31 pm »
Has Gerrard said anything publicly in the last week or two? About the growing backlash against him? Or even the fact that he's managed to sign the Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson? Usually when a club buys a new player the manager comes out saying how great it is to be signing blah blah, or welcoming said player? It's always news-worthy but I haven't seen or read anything stating anything remotely like this. Or maybe I've just missed it. The silence is deafening.

Gerrard's a cnut mate. He has no morals. Hangs out with drug dealers also.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2023, 11:55:11 pm »

When I expose your hypocrisy, indeed there's not much to say for you, except some poor childish attempts to attack me.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2023, 07:23:34 am »

I said this myself.  Messi levels of money without the Messi. I'm all for feeling deserving and entitled to have something better for myself, but I also know it has to be at a level I can psychologically manage. If Henderson doesn't experience some form of imposter syndrome, I can only assume it's because he's too dense to know what it is.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2023, 11:41:04 am »
The Olympics?  Very true but they aren’t the only autocratic regime using international sports to give them credence - Russia, Qatar.

But to make the point again the Chinese state haven’t bought an English football club and have filled ex Liverpool players mouths with gold to feebly attempt to give them a semblance of normality.

Yep, understood on the "state run" difference. Although, and I'm not an expert, my understanding was that the sudden emergence of the Chinese league was basically down to the President wanting them to be the new footballing superpower , and a number of the teams were state owned. I just find it incredible that people are openly calling the likes of Hendo and Gerrard 'c*nts' and all kind of other names, but the same people have Benitez down as untouchable. The Chinese league, Abramovich...