Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 887039 times)

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #6840 on: November 1, 2022, 10:58:46 pm »
Bit better tonight, but he did get turned 2/3 times in the first half especially.

It's not a commitment thing or anything, he looks as frustrated as anyone. Keep the midfield three in my opinion, playing with a diamond makes him even more isolated. Keeping Thiago + 1 other next to him helps him out.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #6841 on: November 2, 2022, 06:36:11 am »
Surprise surprise. Looks much better in a compact midfield with the other CMs not going wide.

Much better I thought.

7/10 for me.
Phuk yoo

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6842 on: November 2, 2022, 09:40:24 am »
I didn't see the improvement others did, to be honest. I thought Napoli players were going past him like he wasn't there all night.

There was a moment in the second half around the 70th minute where he nipped in ahead of a Napoli player to win the ball high up the pitch - first time I've seen him do that all season - and then he gets a ten yard pass wrong. I was like "is this guy for real or what?"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6843 on: November 2, 2022, 09:42:41 am »
I didn't see the improvement others did, to be honest. I thought Napoli players were going past him like he wasn't there all night.
Number of times dribbled past by an opposing player = 0
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #6844 on: November 2, 2022, 10:03:12 am »

Number of times he took someone out = 5.  We've been calling out for a player who makes cheap fouls around the halfway line to break up promising play and maybe take a yellow for it, not sure how he didn't get booked last night!
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6845 on: November 2, 2022, 10:04:22 am »
Number of times he took someone out = 5.  We've been calling out for a player who makes cheap fouls around the halfway line to break up promising play and maybe take a yellow for it, not sure how he didn't get booked last night!

Thought he looked very good personally once he’s in a competent midfield.

No idea how he didn’t get a booking though 🤣
;D
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #6846 on: November 2, 2022, 10:05:18 am »
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6847 on: November 2, 2022, 10:06:07 am »

Didn't the free kick for Napoli's disallowed goal come from Fabinho getting done?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #6848 on: November 2, 2022, 10:06:58 am »
Didn't the free kick for Napoli's disallowed goal come from Fabinho getting done?

DM conceding a free kick? How the fuck did that happen?
Phuk yoo

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6849 on: November 2, 2022, 10:09:30 am »
So he wasn't dribbled past then.......

That looked a huge dive anyway.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6850 on: November 2, 2022, 10:24:48 am »
One of fabinho's greatest quality is tactical fouls without getting yellow cards. Hope he turns things around.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6851 on: November 2, 2022, 11:58:29 am »
I thought he was better yesterday although you can tell with his passing his confidence is low.  Our problems have been bigger than him, and if we can defend collectively better and have a run of wins and clean sheets, that will change everything, the timing could return, the confidence with his passing. Obviously he's a key part of us being able to do that but we haven't been pressing or keeping the ball like we have in past seasons so I do think that has left him a lot more exposed.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2022, 12:00:06 pm by B0151? »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6852 on: November 2, 2022, 12:33:00 pm »
Thought he played well but also something wife something Bolsanaro

That leaves a lot to the imagination....

(not my imagination - but you know...)

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #6853 on: November 2, 2022, 01:24:46 pm »
One of fabinho's greatest quality is tactical fouls without getting yellow cards. Hope he turns things around.

Smooth criminal.
That's what we're missing...
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #6854 on: November 6, 2022, 05:08:19 pm »
His drop off in form has been brutal. Reminds me of Alexis Sanchez.

Totally ineffective, can't defend as a DM. All he does is pass straight back to defenders or players under pressure. He used to be much better dribbling his way out or pick a forward pass.

Should be a priority replacing him. I guess the coaching team saw that and that's why the interest in Touchemani.
True North Strong

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6855 on: November 6, 2022, 05:17:18 pm »
Made some mad decisions in this game alone, he looks about 40.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #6856 on: November 6, 2022, 05:19:03 pm »
Useless against a side like Spurs who sit deep.

Not a pass out wide or through the centre. No participation in the build up. 

Eliott was dropping deep to collect the ball on occasion, which is Fabinho's job.
Phuk yoo

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6857 on: November 6, 2022, 05:21:33 pm »
Boy some of you never want to get off your hobby horses do you?

He's been fine

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6858 on: November 6, 2022, 05:21:55 pm »
YNWA right, SMH. Such short memory. Imagine 5 years of great service then this bullshit after a couple months. Smartest fan base in the world they use to say. Maybe 50%.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6859 on: November 6, 2022, 05:23:37 pm »
He's been fine. Looks hesitant to make forward passes in case he loses the ball which is to be expected when you're low on confidence and you'll be the one having to sweep it up if they break.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6860 on: November 6, 2022, 05:24:19 pm »
Boy some of you never want to get off your hobby horses do you?

He's been fine

Yep, weird posts!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6861 on: November 6, 2022, 05:24:27 pm »
His drop off in form has been brutal. Reminds me of Alexis Sanchez.

Totally ineffective, can't defend as a DM. All he does is pass straight back to defenders or players under pressure. He used to be much better dribbling his way out or pick a forward pass.

Should be a priority replacing him. I guess the coaching team saw that and that's why the interest in Touchemani.
Made some mad decisions in this game alone, he looks about 40.
Useless against a side like Spurs who sit deep.

Not a pass out wide or through the centre. No participation in the build up. 

Eliott was dropping deep to collect the ball on occasion, which is Fabinho's job.
Embarrassing shite.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6862 on: November 6, 2022, 05:25:30 pm »
Thought he looked fine, not sure what people are complaining about to be honest.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6863 on: November 6, 2022, 05:28:20 pm »
Embarrassing shite.

Some people simply repeat what they think is the thing to say. Fab has been more than OK and is getting around the pitch with some authority.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6864 on: November 6, 2022, 05:28:31 pm »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6865 on: November 6, 2022, 05:29:15 pm »
Sorry Jurgen.
Hilarious. Pat yourself on the back.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #6866 on: November 6, 2022, 05:29:42 pm »
Thought he looked fine, not sure what people are complaining about to be honest.

I was specifically watching him to see if he is really been as bad as some make out.

Was fine defensively, but as a CM against a team like Spuds, he needs to do more with the ball. He needs to take it from the CBs and play it wide or take it forward.

I think he has played the fewest passes among all our CMs. They tend to rack up a lot of passes.

Phuk yoo

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6867 on: November 6, 2022, 05:29:59 pm »
Some people simply repeat what they think is the thing to say. Fab has been more than OK and is getting around the pitch with some authority.

The mantra is keeping stuff ready to use regardless of the result. Just like the above.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6868 on: November 6, 2022, 05:31:27 pm »
Hilarious. Pat yourself on the back.

You are aloud to criticise and say how you feel on this forum yeno lad? I only ever see you posting as if everything is always rosy and shooting down whoever says anything different ye little helmet.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6869 on: November 6, 2022, 05:32:36 pm »

Some people simply repeat what they think is the thing to say I reckon

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6870 on: November 6, 2022, 05:33:41 pm »
I was specifically watching him to see if he is really been as bad as some make out.

Was fine defensively, but as a CM against a team like Spuds, he needs to do more with the ball. He needs to take it from the CBs and play it wide or take it forward.

I think he has played the fewest passes among all our CMs. They tend to rack up a lot of passes.
He played 37 passes, four more than Elliot and 7 less than Thiago.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6871 on: November 6, 2022, 05:33:55 pm »
You are aloud to criticise and say how you feel on this forum yeno lad? I only ever see you posting as if everything is always rosy and shooting down whoever says anything different ye little helmet.
It's allowed first of all. Idiot.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #6872 on: November 6, 2022, 05:36:37 pm »
He played 37 passes, four more than Elliot and 7 less than Thiago.

Thats a nothing stat. Most were to defenders or putting players under pressure. Thiago plays on a different level to him. He was really good in his prime but he is been really poor this game and most of the season.
True North Strong

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6873 on: November 6, 2022, 05:36:46 pm »
It's allowed first of all. Idiot.

Ooohh a bit of edge instead of saying everything is boss and everyone is great as usual.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #6874 on: November 6, 2022, 05:40:07 pm »
Thats a nothing stat. Most were to defenders or putting players under pressure. Thiago plays on a different level to him. He was really good in his prime but he is been really poor this game and most of the season.
Fuck me I was responding to someone who said he’d made the least passes of our midfielders, so it isn’t a nothing stat is it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #6875 on: November 6, 2022, 05:43:31 pm »
Fuck me I was responding to someone who said he’d made the least passes of our midfielders, so it isn’t a nothing stat is it.

Fair enough, I wad wrong.

Where did ya get those numbers though?
Phuk yoo

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #6877 on: November 6, 2022, 06:25:47 pm »
Passing was better in the 2nd half, with some decent passes forward, before Spuds decided to play those diagonal passes and put us under serious pressure.

Phuk yoo

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6878 on: November 6, 2022, 06:28:07 pm »
He wasn’t great looks like he was slower than everyone else, Thiago looked like a far better defensive presence, the old Fabinho would have nicked a few more balls, complete a couple more tackles basically be a bigger obstacle to the other sides attackers playing through us.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6879 on: November 6, 2022, 06:28:27 pm »
Thought he was alright again, I actually don’t think his legs have gone he just needs a break. He doesn’t look any slower than when he’s been at his best
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.