Author Topic: Nuri Sahin  (Read 53155 times)

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nuri Sahin to Real Madrid
« Reply #160 on: May 3, 2011, 07:08:34 pm »
I'd say other than the top 5 clubs or so , the Bundesliga shits all over the PL  lower down the field, both in terms of quality and style of play. Show me one hoofball physical team in Germany , the equivalent of Stokes and Sunderlands of this league. Their bottom club play better football than Evershite.

Ah, but could they do it on a cold Monday night at the Brittannia?

Methinks not.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #161 on: May 3, 2011, 07:10:22 pm »
Ah, but could they do it on a cold Monday night at the Brittannia?

Methinks not.

;D
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline BvB09

• Kopite
  • Wer wird deutscher Meister? - BvB Borussia!
« Reply #162 on: May 3, 2011, 07:10:24 pm »
Calm down, guys  ;)

As this thread is going way off topic, I suggest we stop the PL vs. BL discussion and let this thread drop until we have more news on Sahin's move to RM.
BvB - LFC - CFC  You'll never walk alone

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 3, 2011, 07:13:53 pm »
Calm down, guys  ;)

As this thread is going way off topic, I suggest we stop the PL vs. BL discussion and let this thread drop until we have more news on Sahin's move to RM.
I didn't read the whole thread so maybe you answered something I'm going to ask you about. I barely saw a bit of the Sevilla-Borussia Dortmund game, so I don't know much about Sahin. How highly do you rate him? Is he a complete player or not so good at defending?

Offline BvB09

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: May 3, 2011, 07:23:32 pm »
I didn't read the whole thread so maybe you answered something I'm going to ask you about. I barely saw a bit of the Sevilla-Borussia Dortmund game, so I don't know much about Sahin. How highly do you rate him? Is he a complete player or not so good at defending?
He's the most important player in our squad imo. Though he's quite young (22 years) he's a very experienced and complete player. Of course there are still things he can improve, but he can help Real right away.
I think there are lots of youtube-videos of him if you're interested.

Offline dustygator

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: May 3, 2011, 10:46:50 pm »

He was one of the best midfielders in the world for the first half of this season. His form has dipped since January along with most of the Dortmund team but he's a quality player. Is definitely not a complete player at least not yet; he's not awful defending by any means but he pretty much handles the playmaking while Sven Bender shoulders most of the defensive duty. He's similar to Xabi which is why going to RM doesn't make much sense.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 3, 2011, 10:49:01 pm »
Judging by his performance tonight, I think he will replace Xabi in the side as Xabi became too slow for my liking. Xabi, as much as I like him, is no longer as good as he was in 2009.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #167 on: May 3, 2011, 10:51:38 pm »
Judging by his performance tonight, I think he will replace Xabi in the side as Xabi became too slow for my liking. Xabi, as much as I like him, is no longer as good as he was in 2009.

Seriously? He has been boss all season.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 3, 2011, 10:54:40 pm »
Seriously? He has been boss all season.
Not in the big games though, Nuri Sahin is more mobile & faster than Xabi and I think in the big games he will play ahead of Xabi who play more against the lesser much weaker oppositions.

Xabi's performance in three of the four games against Barca reminded me of the 2008 Xabi who we wanted to get rid off.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 3, 2011, 10:56:58 pm »
What a thoroughly depressing move this is. Why the fuck would Sahin move to Madrid if it wasn't money? And why do managers stay in the game? You've done all that as a team and yet still, you'd walk away and say see ya! ?

I always hoped he'd move to Liverpool but never thought he would, because 1) he was in a 'team' at Borussia, and 2) I thought he had his head on straight and that BvB were a team to stick with - at least for this season!!. But no - he's just sold his grandmother. Awful.

Offline BvB09

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: May 4, 2011, 05:54:25 am »
What a thoroughly depressing move this is. Why the fuck would Sahin move to Madrid if it wasn't money? And why do managers stay in the game? You've done all that as a team and yet still, you'd walk away and say see ya! ?

I always hoped he'd move to Liverpool but never thought he would, because 1) he was in a 'team' at Borussia, and 2) I thought he had his head on straight and that BvB were a team to stick with - at least for this season!!. But no - he's just sold his grandmother. Awful.
I have to agree here. As much as I like Sahin, I couldn't understand a move to Real Madrid. Maybe after the next season, but not this year. He once said that it's his dream to play CL with Borussia. Now please do it.
We'll all know more by the end of the week.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 4, 2011, 06:32:26 am »
You can't be serious. Why the hell would Sahin go to Liverpool? Dortmund play CL next season, Liverpool won't. I do not see one reason, why Liverpool is a step up from Dortmund. It's the opposite. I don't want to offend anyone of you, but I just can't follow you on this one.

And to the guy who said Sahin has been at Dortmund for 5 years: He already joined in 2001.

Really?  Even more suprising that he'll leave for dirt cheap then.  Surely there should be some more loyalty to the club that raised him.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #172 on: May 4, 2011, 06:58:06 am »
Not in the big games though, Nuri Sahin is more mobile & faster than Xabi and I think in the big games he will play ahead of Xabi who play more against the lesser much weaker oppositions.

Xabi's performance in three of the four games against Barca reminded me of the 2008 Xabi who we wanted to get rid off.
WTF?

Which other 'big games' has he been poor?

He is probably the most consistent player in Real Madrid and its no wonder that the two out of three losses in the league have been when Xabi hasn't played, with the other one being the 5-0 loss against Barcelona.

Xabi was up against the best midfield in the world and one of the best midfield of all time. Any midfielder would struggle against that kind of midfield. Name me more than three midfielders who have done well against this Barca midfield?
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline BvB09

• Kopite
« Reply #173 on: May 4, 2011, 09:16:38 pm »
According to Lucas Barrios, Sahin is definately going to leave Dortmund by the end of this season. He said this during an interview with spanish newspaper Marca.
 :(
Good luck over there Nuri!

EDIT: Yay, 100 posts  ;)
« Last Edit: May 4, 2011, 09:46:31 pm by BvB09 »

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #174 on: May 4, 2011, 09:19:08 pm »
I wouldn't really believe anything they publish.
hi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 4, 2011, 09:22:09 pm »
WTF?

Which other 'big games' has he been poor?

He is probably the most consistent player in Real Madrid and its no wonder that the two out of three losses in the league have been when Xabi hasn't played, with the other one being the 5-0 loss against Barcelona.

Xabi was up against the best midfield in the world and one of the best midfield of all time. Any midfielder would struggle against that kind of midfield. Name me more than three midfielders who have done well against this Barca midfield?
Xabi has played in all of Real's matches against Barca this season.

Offline BvB09

• Kopite
« Reply #176 on: May 4, 2011, 09:49:01 pm »
I wouldn't really believe anything they publish.
I usually don't believe anything what Marca or Bild publish. Maybe it was a translation-mistake or something. I think it's a done deal now. Pretty disappointing.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 4, 2011, 10:49:16 pm »
I usually don't believe anything what Marca or Bild publish. Maybe it was a translation-mistake or something. I think it's a done deal now. Pretty disappointing.

That's got to be one of the very worst moves in recent history. What an absolute plank. He's deserted a great squad there, who  need him next season, to be one of Reals slags? IDIOT.

Offline dustygator

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #178 on: May 4, 2011, 11:20:56 pm »
Well they will have Moritz Leitner who's supposed to be quite a talented young playmaker and might nab Ilkay Gundogan.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 4, 2011, 11:57:27 pm »
Really?  Even more suprising that he'll leave for dirt cheap then.  Surely there should be some more loyalty to the club that raised him.

If a good player wants to leave his old club because he thinks he has better options out there, he is showing no loyalty at all. If the club decides to get rid of the player because he's not doing well, nobody will talk about loyalty.

If he signs a new contract, and as a consequence the buying club has to pay more, and decides to leave, he shows no loyalty because signing that extension was an fake indication he wanted to stay more time. If he doesn't sign the extension, then the selling club will have to accept peanuts for him: again he shows no loyalty at all.

The player always loses.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #180 on: May 5, 2011, 01:56:36 am »
Xabi Alonso
Sami Khidera
Mesut Özil
Kaka
Esteban Granero
Lassana Diarra
Fernando Gago
Sergio Canales

Sahin must be nuts to join that horrible club and end up in their player stockpiles.

They'll just buy another flavour of the month player before long anyway rather than stick with what they've got.

What? You're basing this too much on the Barca v Real games where he's been up against Xavi and Iniesta. Every time I watched Real play in the league without Alonso, they've looked worse than piss poor. They'd be nuts to drop him from that side.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2011, 01:59:35 am by Suspect Package. »
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #181 on: May 5, 2011, 03:06:15 pm »
I think he will be joining Real.

So Kaka will be available I guess, as well Canales and Diarra, maybe?

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 5, 2011, 03:37:13 pm »

I think these 3 will be available.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 5, 2011, 04:08:30 pm »
Fucking hell Canales get right in there for him Comolli.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline carrolluptop

• Main Stander
  • Can You feel the love tonight?
« Reply #184 on: May 5, 2011, 04:16:34 pm »
Fucking hell Canales get right in there for him Comolli.
This.. on Bluemoan they think they have Kaka signed..
A dog is for life.. not just christmas.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #185 on: May 5, 2011, 04:17:31 pm »
We should be all over Canales like a rash if this is true.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #186 on: May 5, 2011, 04:21:37 pm »
That's ridiculous. Playing in the Premier League itself is a HUGE step up, nevermind in a team like Liverpool.
Wait, so you weren't taking the piss here? Oh dear

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 5, 2011, 04:25:35 pm »

Kaka, Canales and at least one out of Gago and Lass.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 5, 2011, 04:26:36 pm »
We should be all over Canales like a rash if this is true.

Kaka wouldn't be bad too  ;D

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #189 on: May 5, 2011, 04:28:24 pm »
Kaka wouldn't be bad too  ;D

He's not the same player he was in 2008. Lost that burst of pace that was so important to his game. Id sooner have the Spaniard.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 5, 2011, 04:30:39 pm »
He's not the same player he was in 2008. Lost that burst of pace that was so important to his game. Id sooner have the Spaniard.

In my opinion, he was ruined by going to Real. I think if he goes to a team that really needs him and he would start on every game, he definitely would be that great player again.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #191 on: May 5, 2011, 04:32:48 pm »
In my opinion, he was ruined by going to Real. I think if he goes to a team that really needs him and he would start on every game, he definitely would be that great player again.

Possibly. I think he's past it, injuries have ruined him. His wages would be far too much for us. Probably wouldnt come cheap in terms of a fee either, his name still carries a lot of weight.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #192 on: May 5, 2011, 04:33:32 pm »

I can't see how you can blame Real here, he was played when fit every time in his right position. Played ok but below his best and that's before his injury. I don't think he's good enough for us now, not for the fee he'd cost anyway.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 5, 2011, 04:34:12 pm »
Possibly. I think he's past it, injuries have ruined him. His wages would be far too much for us. Probably wouldnt come cheap in terms of a fee either, his name still carries a lot of weight.

That's true, I think he will be going to Chelsea... I would feel slightly jealous of them, but if we get Canales, it would ease the pain.  :P

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 5, 2011, 04:35:40 pm »
I can't see how you can blame Real here, he was played when fit every time in his right position. Played ok but below his best and that's before his injury. I don't think he's good enough for us now, not for the fee he'd cost anyway.

Because Madrid come in with silly money and all the glitz, and end up not properly playing half the players they buy? How is that not their fault?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #195 on: May 5, 2011, 04:36:03 pm »
That's true, I think he will be going to Chelsea... I would feel slightly jealous of them, but if we get Canales, it would ease the pain.  :P

Can see him striking up a good relationship with Torres if he were to go there. Similar to Gerrard in many ways when he occupied the role behind him. Kaka still has an eye for a pass.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #196 on: May 5, 2011, 04:38:36 pm »
Because Madrid come in with silly money and all the glitz, and end up not properly playing half the players they buy? How is that not their fault?

He's talking about Kaká. Kaká was first choice guarenteed. Blame them for other players like Caneles, Pedro León, Granero etc but Kaká's downfall isn't down to Real Madrid.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 5, 2011, 04:40:47 pm »
Can see him striking up a good relationship with Torres if he were to go there. Similar to Gerrard in many ways when he occupied the role behind him. Kaka still has an eye for a pass.

Yes, he would do the Lampard job as he's getting older, but I don't think they would link up as well Torres did with Gerrard...

the truth is, the three of them are past their prime. Gerrard can still be world class though, and I'm not being biased  :P... he just needs to be injury free. But I guess Torres fits in that category too...

But he came to Real with a lot of pressure for his price, plus Ronaldo came with him too. I think he was overshadowed by that.

Get him back to Milan and I think he would shine again.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2011, 04:42:20 pm by MKelly34 »

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #198 on: May 5, 2011, 04:45:11 pm »
Yes, he would do the Lampard job as he's getting older, but I don't think they would link up as well Torres did with Gerrard...

the truth is, the three of them are past their prime. Gerrard can still be world class though, and I'm not being biased  :P... he just needs to be injury free. But I guess Torres fits in that category too...

I dont think Lampard is a natural fit for Torres. He's not a playmaker, his game centres around arriving in the box and scoring goal. More often than not he recycles the ball rather than playing the killer pass himself. Kaka is much more able to play between the lines than Lampard imo. He'd be a good fit for Chelsea, just not for us.

Back to Sahin though, cant see him getting in there ahead of Alonso and I wouldnt really consider him a natural partner for him either to be honest. I think he'd be smart to stay in Dortmund for another season but they might be pushing him towards the door, does he have 1 year left to run on his contract?

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 5, 2011, 04:50:43 pm »
I dont think Lampard is a natural fit for Torres. He's not a playmaker, his game centres around arriving in the box and scoring goal. More often than not he recycles the ball rather than playing the killer pass himself. Kaka is much more able to play between the lines than Lampard imo. He'd be a good fit for Chelsea, just not for us.

Back to Sahin though, cant see him getting in there ahead of Alonso and I wouldnt really consider him a natural partner for him either to be honest. I think he'd be smart to stay in Dortmund for another season but they might be pushing him towards the door, does he have 1 year left to run on his contract?

All looking like he will go to Real. I don't see the point. They are Manchester City from Spain, the only difference is that they have a good manager to make them play like a team.

If Sahin goes, I hope LFC get one player from Real midfield. And that's Canales or Alonso.  :lickin