Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 669132 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #5120 on: August 17, 2019, 10:56:22 pm »
thought exactly the same thing, there is no clear and obvious, it hit his hand! It's not difficult to understand

Not difficult to understand?
Its Danny Murphy ffs.
Its difficult for him.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5121 on: August 17, 2019, 10:57:04 pm »
Danny Murphy bleating on about "clear and obvious" - it doesnt matter with the handball law, you dickhead.

Unbelievable fucking idiocy

Redknapp was at it after the game aswell about other stuff involving it

When it comes to VAR some of them need to just shut up
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5122 on: August 17, 2019, 10:57:24 pm »
That Norwich player has such a great name. All I can think of is Garfield's teddy bear Pooky. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5123 on: August 17, 2019, 10:58:51 pm »
Norwich’s manager looks & sounds like a Die Hard baddie.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5124 on: August 17, 2019, 10:59:39 pm »
Norwich create so many chances that even if their conversion isn't great they'll still score at least 1 in most games. Based on what I've seen in these couple of PL games I think they can do it. They've so much more than some teams.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5125 on: August 17, 2019, 11:11:45 pm »
Klopp saying they only had one chance but they done very well.
Thankfully came out of it with 3 points.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5126 on: August 17, 2019, 11:13:15 pm »
Mane is boss. That is all.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #5127 on: August 17, 2019, 11:17:22 pm »
It’s official

We are shite at the back.

She-rah who won fuck all and Danny the lemon Murphy  reckon we are shite at the back.

Fucking last we are.

Lineker hardly able to suppress his mirth at such shite punditry

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5128 on: August 17, 2019, 11:20:14 pm »

More like a Bolton Bannerman, ready to go off and pillage and burn.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5129 on: August 17, 2019, 11:21:34 pm »
 :butt

Lineker:

Accidental handball has never counted EVER in football? Hang on, I'm pretty sure that if it hit your hand in the 50s, 60s and 70s and probably the 80s it was ALWAYS given as a handball.

And what's this shit about if it hits a defenders hand accidently, nothing will be given?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5130 on: August 17, 2019, 11:25:48 pm »
‘I’m not having a go at Arsenal....there were lots of players going down easily today though’

Fuck off you brexitty xenophobic Sesame Street voiced meff
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5131 on: August 17, 2019, 11:28:51 pm »
The irony of Dyche moaning about shithouse players. Get your own house in order first.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5132 on: August 17, 2019, 11:29:26 pm »
Lovely goal from Wilson.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5133 on: August 17, 2019, 11:29:46 pm »
Always nice to see Villa losing.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5134 on: August 17, 2019, 11:37:57 pm »
The flags at Goodison ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #5135 on: August 17, 2019, 11:46:46 pm »
The flags at Goodison ;D
Embarrassing little club  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #5136 on: August 17, 2019, 11:47:12 pm »
The flags at Goodison ;D

Very plasticy....is that a word?  And they take the piss out of us for our flags!!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #5137 on: August 17, 2019, 11:53:57 pm »
Very plasticy....is that a word?  And they take the piss out of us for our flags!!
City = oil billionaire owned club - plastic flags -
Chelsea = oil billionaire owned club -plastic flags
Everton = billionaire owned club -plastic flags

Liverpool = financial disastertm - worrying timestm real peoples flags kopite behaviour
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5138 on: August 17, 2019, 11:58:32 pm »
The flags at Goodison ;D
I thought the BS didn't do flags because it is Kopite behaviour?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5139 on: August 18, 2019, 08:24:44 am »
The irony of Dyche moaning about shithouse players. Get your own house in order first.

Considering it's a major source of chances for them, get to within crossing distance of the opposition penalty area and then flop to the ground to get a free-kick. Right out of the Allardyce/Bolton game plan.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5140 on: August 18, 2019, 09:12:57 am »
" City find a way. City ALWAYS find a way"

Errrrrmmmm...Except they don't do they. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #5141 on: August 18, 2019, 09:53:02 am »
Danny Murphy bleating on about "clear and obvious" - it doesnt matter with the handball law, you dickhead.
I lost a few IQ points by listening to him. Surely there is a way to stop the national broadcaster paying him wages for gross ineptitude.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5142 on: August 18, 2019, 09:53:52 am »
Maybe now we have VAR the pundits and commentators will actually bother to learn the rules of the game as its already made them all sound and look like clueless dickheads.

Actually...... nah, they probably won't as they still think their opinions are right and rules don't count.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5143 on: August 18, 2019, 10:02:13 am »
Maybe now we have VAR the pundits and commentators will actually bother to learn the rules of the game as its already made them all sound and look like clueless dickheads.

Actually...... nah, they probably won't as they still think their opinions are right and rules don't count.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I remember lots of people who were pro VAR said it would be great, because it meant we could just talk about the game instead of decisions. Be careful what you wish for

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #5144 on: August 18, 2019, 10:25:19 am »
:butt

Lineker:

Accidental handball has never counted EVER in football? Hang on, I'm pretty sure that if it hit your hand in the 50s, 60s and 70s and probably the 80s it was ALWAYS given as a handball.

And what's this shit about if it hits a defenders hand accidently, nothing will be given?

What about Solanke a few years ago at home v West Brom, can of his chest, hit his arm and in I think.... and was disallowed for handball even though it was accidental?
Most pundits make statements that can be disproved within second of them saying it!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #5145 on: August 18, 2019, 11:13:42 am »
Serious question about VAR...would the 'beach ball' goal against us stood? Cos I've lost track of the rules to be honest now!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5146 on: August 18, 2019, 11:13:48 am »
What about Solanke a few years ago at home v West Brom, can of his chest, hit his arm and in I think.... and was disallowed for handball even though it was accidental?
Most pundits make statements that can be disproved within second of them saying it!

About 5:40 in

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_dB5jQZy754" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_dB5jQZy754</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5147 on: August 18, 2019, 11:14:16 am »
Serious question about VAR...would the 'beach ball' goal against us stood?

No - it would have been rightly disallowed
Jurgen YNWA

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5148 on: August 18, 2019, 12:38:37 pm »

that is most teams going to be Farke'd when meeting norwich.

i get my coat

well thats what pundits do. spread their agenda bullshit without any supporting facts. its all clickbaity. the more controversial, the more clicks. cant expect anything intelligent coming out of failed managers can you?

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #5149 on: August 18, 2019, 10:47:30 pm »
Tim Cahill phenomenally boring pundit.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #5150 on: August 18, 2019, 11:18:05 pm »
Tim Cahill phenomenally boring pundit.
He's just made an argument that VAR should be ignored because emotion trumps rules.... gawddddd....
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5151 on: August 18, 2019, 11:22:59 pm »
Are these for real?

This is punditry 2019
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5152 on: August 18, 2019, 11:26:31 pm »
Murphy makes my blood boil. Stealing a living. Basically just said the laws of the game don't matter.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #5153 on: August 18, 2019, 11:27:04 pm »
VAR and the handball rule are both shite to be fair.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5154 on: August 18, 2019, 11:27:04 pm »
Are these for real?

This is punditry 2019

Aparently VAR has ruined it for Man City fans... bet it didn't ruin it for Spurs fans though, did it Danny? #gobshite.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5155 on: August 18, 2019, 11:30:58 pm »
Pukki, Pukki, Pukki, Pukki, pOooooOoooooo

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5156 on: August 18, 2019, 11:48:26 pm »
Murphy is a c*nt who hasn’t got a fucking clue and is only there to troll for more controversy/ viewers Oh an still pretends he is a liverpool fan  :lmao stupid bald c*nt
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:49:58 pm by Andy82lfc »

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5157 on: August 18, 2019, 11:49:08 pm »
VAR and the handball rule are both shite to be fair.

Disagree to a certain extent. VAR, if used consistently and correctly, has a great potential to make the game fairer. The only thing wrong with the handball rule is that it's not consistent enough between attacking and defensive handballs. Laporte's hand yesterday (whether intentional or unintentional) guided the ball towards GJ, who was in the perfect position to score. That goal cannot be allowed. It's a handball assist!! I'm flabbergasted how many Sky pundits were trying to say VAR was ruining their lives/the game because it disallowed a goal scored from a handball assist. They take it so personally when City don't win. Shocking.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #5158 on: August 19, 2019, 11:28:10 am »
Really good letter in F365 today about the pundits and VAR

A question posed by pundits this weekend: why are we trying to make football perfect through VAR? The answer is very simple: twenty years of myopic analysis and replays on BBC, Sky, and BT. Every week for decades referees were proved to be incorrect in some of their decisions through super slow motion replays, offside replays done to death, and absolute castigation by said pundits as a result. The obvious solution is to use the same technology in-game to correct those decisions. So far, it has largely worked although there have been doubts about its application, and doubts about the laws of the game themselves as a result. Those same pundits therefore completely cannot position themselves to criticise VAR. It was their use of technology in their punditry in their first place to prove referees were getting decisions wrong time after time week in week out that has led to its introduction and application. It is therefore sheer hypocrisy for them to now say VAR is now ruining the game. There would be no need for it has they not used technology themselves to point out refereeing errors with it for the last twenty years.
Rich (Cambridge).
Believer

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5159 on: August 19, 2019, 11:33:14 am »
Really good letter in F365 today about the pundits and VAR

The technology that is really needed is one that allows referees to instantly peer into the murky future and make their decisions based on what moron pundits say on MotD, including Cahill saying that 'they could read the rules, but where is the fun in that'?