Author Topic: Holiday 2017  (Read 43475 times)

Offline JaimeREDnapz

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Holiday 2017
« Reply #320 on: June 27, 2017, 01:19:53 pm »
Anyone been to the Marbella area? If so, hows the nightlife for five or six guys in their mid-20's?

great.....but expensive, very expensive.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #321 on: June 27, 2017, 03:52:59 pm »
great.....but expensive, very expensive.

One of the mates I'm looking to go with seems sure it'll be cheaper than Ibiza - which seems unlikely to me?

Obviously it all depends on which bars/clubs you go to but I'd have thought Ibiza has more options for cheaper bars...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #322 on: June 27, 2017, 03:59:11 pm »
Does depend on the bars you end up in, but most of the decent ones are expensive from experience.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #323 on: June 27, 2017, 05:56:55 pm »
Anyone been to Malaga? I know there are a lot of areas around, but is it worth to base the trip around staying in Malaga city, or are there other places nearby that anyone would recommend more? 

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2017, 12:30:08 am »

The Petronas Towers blew away anything I've ever seen in the flesh in regards to man-made building structures, and that includes both the the Burj Kalifa and Burj Al Arab in Dubai.

Have to agree, they are simply stunning. I sat around the waterfall show infront of it all night, just breathtaking.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 28, 2017, 10:30:03 am »
Anyone been to Malaga? I know there are a lot of areas around, but is it worth to base the trip around staying in Malaga city, or are there other places nearby that anyone would recommend more? 

Malaga is a great place and often overlooked as people head straight for the resorts. Well worth a visit. Loads to see and do in the city itself.

From there you could head up to Antequera and visit El Torcal (well worth it) and the Dolmens. Also El Chorro and the Caminito del Rey are just an hour away - lots of lakes up there too. The drive up into the Sierra de las Nieves is lovely too. And of course there are around 15 beaches in Malaga city.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:40:36 am by MOZ »

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #326 on: July 5, 2017, 04:28:14 pm »

Though if you want something really a bit different, I saw easyJet now fly to Tivat, Montenegro. I'm planning to visit this year sometime. :wave

we ended up opting for Tivat! will be going in September-ish time

cant wait
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: July 5, 2017, 08:13:07 pm »
we ended up opting for Tivat! will be going in September-ish time

cant wait

Amazing :) enjoy! I may well be in the area a week or so before, so if I spot any must-do/must-see things I'll let you know.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #328 on: July 10, 2017, 12:21:34 am »
Just booked Lloret de Mar for 2 weeks for a family holiday. Plan on getting a car while I'm there to visit Barcelona and other nearby places, but staying at a hotel with no car park to its name afaik.  How do you go about parking rentals in Spanish resorts?
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: July 10, 2017, 12:12:34 pm »

Agree with the other reply. Malaga is nice and certainly decent for a few days.

We stayed there for a day then headed to Granada. Granada has the excellent Alhambra and a really vibrant bar/tapas scene on Friday and Saturday night. Very much recommended.

If I were to fly to Malaga again, I'd potentially head north to Toledo.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #330 on: July 10, 2017, 01:10:27 pm »
Going on a bit of a road trip in September with the lads, flying into Bratislava then spending a few days exploring there, before driving to Sopron in Hungary, then through Austria including Vienna and Linz, before heading into the Czech Republic (apparently Ceske Budejovice is supposed to be decent) and then back to Bratislava.
Its a bit random, but we try and do this each year, just go exploring in the van and see what we come across.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: July 10, 2017, 02:53:07 pm »
Went to Sopron myself a few years back. Nice but small; not a lot to do. Wouldn't advise staying there much more than one night.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: July 11, 2017, 07:36:36 am »
Went to Sopron myself a few years back. Nice but small; not a lot to do. Wouldn't advise staying there much more than one night.

Cheers Adam, I know it was a couple of years back, but any suggestions on decent bars/boozers?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: July 11, 2017, 11:02:58 am »
I've spent a bit of time in Sopron, not a great deal to there, couldn't tell you any bars though.

Bratislava is ok, loads of stag nights going on when we stayed there and not just from the UK.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: July 11, 2017, 12:54:45 pm »
I've spent a bit of time in Sopron, not a great deal to there, couldn't tell you any bars though.

Bratislava is ok, loads of stag nights going on when we stayed there and not just from the UK.

Cheers mate, we've got a couple of nights in Bratislava so that should be decent.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #335 on: July 11, 2017, 02:50:10 pm »
Cheers mate, we've got a couple of nights in Bratislava so that should be decent.

Český Krumlov in the Czech Republic is pretty impressive, a huge castle (with bear pit and real bears - didn't like that as they looked malnourished and bored as f*ck), houses built on the side of a hill in all different colours and also a brewery you can visit.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2017, 02:50:36 pm »
Agree with the other reply. Malaga is nice and certainly decent for a few days.

We stayed there for a day then headed to Granada. Granada has the excellent Alhambra and a really vibrant bar/tapas scene on Friday and Saturday night. Very much recommended.

If I were to fly to Malaga again, I'd potentially head north to Toledo.

Toledo is fantastic but a bit far to go if you are holidaying in Malaga!

Agree about Granada - my local city and my favourite place in southern Spain.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: July 11, 2017, 02:51:45 pm »
Toledo is fantastic but a bit far to go if you are holidaying in Malaga!

Agree about Granada - my local city and my favourite place in southern Spain.

Shit, got my places mixed up - meant Cordoba! We were torn between Granada and Cordoba when flying in and out of Malaga and went with Grandada in the end; glad we did, it was great.

We went to Toledo on a day trip from Madrid a couple of years back and that was good for a day out too!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:09:04 pm by .adam »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2017, 04:24:23 pm »
Had a 24 hour delay coming back from Florida last month as the reverse thrusters on the No3 engine failed meaning we had a night in the airport hotel. Email today from Virgin saying we are getting just over £2100 compo under the eu rules - happy days. Wife is already looking at Lanzarote next October 2018.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #339 on: July 22, 2017, 11:00:08 pm »
pine cliffs in algarves

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2017, 11:59:25 pm »
Was hoping to do a Vegas/SF trip this year, but realistically could only do one or the other. Did Vegas last year, but want to do both together so not prepared to do one without the other at the minute, so we have postponed this until next year.

However, want to get away somewhere this summer and thinking about San Sebastian. Always wanted to go and the flights at the time we are looking to visit are ridiculously cheap - £70 for the two of us, return, which means we can pump more into a nice hotel.

Anyone been?

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #341 on: July 25, 2017, 10:06:50 pm »
Just booked Lloret de Mar for 2 weeks for a family holiday. Plan on getting a car while I'm there to visit Barcelona and other nearby places, but staying at a hotel with no car park to its name afaik.  How do you go about parking rentals in Spanish resorts?

Wouldn't bother with a ca r to go to Barcelona, parking charges are astronomical.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2017, 12:53:29 pm »
Any suggestions for a decent European city break in September - somewhere that would still be quite warm?

Have done the likes of Barca, Seville, Amsterdam, Prague, Krakow, Rome, Sicily,

Was considering maybe Lisbon, Madrid, Nice etc.

Just looking for some suggestions I mightn't have otherwise considered.

Cheers :wave
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »
Any suggestions for a decent European city break in September - somewhere that would still be quite warm?

Have done the likes of Barca, Seville, Amsterdam, Prague, Krakow, Rome, Sicily,

Was considering maybe Lisbon, Madrid, Nice etc.

Just looking for some suggestions I mightn't have otherwise considered.

Cheers :wave

Lake Bled is awesome just got back

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2017, 01:47:33 pm »

Wow, never heard of it, photos look stunning.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #345 on: July 27, 2017, 02:06:33 pm »
Anyone been to Lake Garda?

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: July 27, 2017, 03:30:46 pm »
Just booked 5 days in February flying to Faro, no hotel as yet but going to see where to stay but will probably end up in Albufeira, at least it will be warmer than UK.

Edit: Just realised this will be 2018 so wrong thread !
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:43:10 pm by WhoHe »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: July 27, 2017, 05:08:39 pm »

From a couple of years ago - just re-reading mine, you might not be surprised that they have Italian ice cream :D

I only stayed for a few nights but had a ball from what I remember. They also have great food and wine of course

I'd be looking to base yourself in one of the resorts on the South East side of the lake. Bardolino's nice - plenty bars and restaurants - and you can walk or cycle along the lake shore, north to Garda itself or south to Lazise. Rocky & pebbly beaches along the way.

There's a couple of theme parks and a water park nearby. Gardaland (I think it is) and Canevaworld Resort, both of which you'd get to fairly easy from Bardolino. Ideal for tiring out a 4 year old & 7 year old!
Good shout that by Stubbins. I've been there with small kids and a dog. Crazy golf, boat rides, italien-Ice-cream, it's a kids paradise. And the Italians love kids and EVERY restaurant is very kid friendly (and dog friendly for that matter).   

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: July 28, 2017, 05:58:58 pm »

How did you get there ...looks stunning and well worth a visit , where did you stay . Had a look before and it looks like Easyjet from gatwick is the only route in the uk to Ljubljana

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #349 on: July 28, 2017, 06:20:08 pm »
From a couple of years ago - just re-reading mine, you might not be surprised that they have Italian ice cream :D

I only stayed for a few nights but had a ball from what I remember. They also have great food and wine of course
What's the closest airport and how did you get there? Done a bit of research and they all suggest either public transport or car hire, both of which I can't be bothered with.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #350 on: July 28, 2017, 06:55:17 pm »
I recently went to Malaysia. Here are some pictures.

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #351 on: July 28, 2017, 08:28:35 pm »
Got married out there last month. One of the nicest places I've ever been to and quite relaxing. We were based in Malcesine

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #352 on: July 28, 2017, 10:02:14 pm »
I recently went to Malaysia. Here are some pictures.
Impressive shots! What island is that?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: July 28, 2017, 10:51:53 pm »
What's the closest airport and how did you get there? Done a bit of research and they all suggest either public transport or car hire, both of which I can't be bothered with.

We drove! Massive road trip. 

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: July 29, 2017, 06:27:55 pm »
Anyone got any things to do in Dublin? Going away for a couple of days with the missus.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2017, 06:37:02 pm »
I've not long got back from Thailand and going to Japan in 3 weeks ;D

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: July 30, 2017, 07:18:09 am »
How did you get there ...looks stunning and well worth a visit , where did you stay . Had a look before and it looks like Easyjet from gatwick is the only route in the uk to Ljubljana

Wizzair go from Luton to Ljubljana direct mate.

I live about 15 mins from Bled, really is worth a visit and there are lots of other things to do around the area including this place......

http://www.bled.si/en/what-to-see/natural-sights/the-vintgar-gorge
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: July 30, 2017, 09:07:51 am »
Cheers , seriously looking at going there soon , pity Liverpool or manchester budget airlines don't  serve it

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #358 on: July 30, 2017, 07:58:23 pm »
Impressive shots! What island is that?

Mostly Redang but a few on Lang Tengah. Short flight from KL.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #359 on: July 30, 2017, 09:46:55 pm »
Myself and the Missus are going to NYC and she has looked at the Embassy suites in Midtown, Manhattan, Pod 51 in Midtown East and Pod Times Square. Any recommendations on these or others for a couple in their 40s but young at heart?

(Anyone who says different about the young thing is a willy)
Y.N.W.A.