Author Topic: Paris Saint Germain  (Read 57103 times)

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Paris Saint Germain
« Reply #600 on: April 9, 2014, 05:34:59 am »
Verratti was poor, his inexperience really shone through this match. He lost possession countless times which allowed Chelsea to break quickly.

Cavani wasn't to blame for the defeat, Blanc is. His tactics were so poor and defensive, they were asking to be beaten.
I don't want to be harsh on the lad, as he clearly has talent. And I stand by my words that I would pick him over Pogba, but he needs either a senior player like Xavi or Pirlo around him or his coach to tell him to cut the shit out. He plays way too risky for that position, it is not where you take risks. He should keep it simple, keep it ticking. Dwells on the ball way too long, and some of his decisions are baffling.

He has been disappointing. May be Blanc should have started Cabaye.

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: April 9, 2014, 05:42:01 am »
I don't want to be harsh on the lad, as he clearly has talent. And I stand by my words that I would pick him over Pogba, but he needs either a senior player like Xavi or Pirlo around him or his coach to tell him to cut the shit out. He plays way too risky for that position, it is not where you take risks. He should keep it simple, keep it ticking. Dwells on the ball way too long, and some of his decisions are baffling.

He could learn alot off Thiago Motta who is brilliant. So underrated. Plus in the national team he has Pirlo, so I think he'll be alright. He just had two poor games against Chelsea, by all accounts he's been superb in the Ligue 1.

Cabaye himself was pretty invisible when he came on, at least Verratti made himself available constantly despite having a shocker.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: April 9, 2014, 05:54:39 am »
He could learn alot off Thiago Motta who is brilliant. So underrated. Plus in the national team he has Pirlo, so I think he'll be alright. He just had two poor games against Chelsea, by all accounts he's been superb in the Ligue 1.

Cabaye himself was pretty invisible when he came on, at least Verratti made himself available constantly despite having a shocker.
True, but Cabaye came into a struggling side content to keep defending. You can blame him, perhaps, for not turning the game around, but I don't think he ever had that kind of talent. He is "box-to-box" player, his best assets are shooting, scoring, assisting may be. That ball of his to Cavani was great.

Whilst Verratti did make himself available, he didn't dominate the midfield or possession either. It was a weird performance where you cannot say if he did anything good. He was a number in midfield. Cabaye, though I don't rate, may have done something. Anyway, pointless talk "what IF" this one. Hope Verratti develops into a better player. One annoying thing is that he fouls and makes 100 gestures and surprised face when the ref calls it. It was funny first 2-3 times, it is annoying now.

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #603 on: April 9, 2014, 07:43:49 am »
so disappointed with this lot last night i honestly reckon if ibra was playing they would of at least got a goal

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #604 on: April 9, 2014, 07:44:16 am »
oh and jallet isnt CL standard

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: April 9, 2014, 08:15:50 am »
Verratti was poor, his inexperience really shone through this match. He lost possession countless times which allowed Chelsea to break quickly.

Cavani wasn't to blame for the defeat, Blanc is. His tactics were so poor and defensive, they were asking to be beaten.

I was disappointed with Verratti in both matches, especially with him looking so impressive in last years international tournament. You have to question the wisdom of young top quality players (because I've no doubt that's what he is) playing week in, week out in a league which is patently at a lower standard than the recognised top European leagues. How can he learn and progress as a player when he's not regularly tested.

Very unimpressed with PSG all round (Motta aside - and he just did what he's done for years)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: April 9, 2014, 09:12:54 am »
nouveaux plastiques being beaten by new plastics
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #607 on: April 9, 2014, 06:32:22 pm »

Which basically means he is well below Pogba then.

Offline 666

• Legacy Fan
  • "وقدم ليفربول بالنسبة لي وقدم الأول لليفر
« Reply #608 on: April 9, 2014, 06:35:50 pm »
Rather have Kovacic and Pogba over Verratti in my opinion. I think Verratti will be a great player, but I think if Kovacic goes to a more progressive club, he will shine and Pogba has ridiculous amount of talent for his age.
"Ливерпуль игроки должны играть, как лев, дать его все. Там должно быть определение, приверженность и решимость быть игроком Ливерпуля".

"Так Роджер Хант пропустив кілька, але він потрапляє в потрібне місце, щоб пропустити їх." ~ Білл Шенклі з репортером

Maestro di lingue, conquistatore del mondo.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: April 9, 2014, 06:41:17 pm »
Verrati makes many mistakes this season.He was sent off against us in the Group Stage because of  two silly tackles.
He will become a class midfielder but he is not ready yet.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: August 10, 2017, 11:51:07 pm »
Seems like Mbappe is heading there for north of £150m

FFP  :lmao

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: August 11, 2017, 12:04:14 am »
Seems like Mbappe is heading there for north of £150m

FFP  :lmao

No one reliable is reporting this yet.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: August 11, 2017, 12:08:57 am »
It isn't on L'Equipe yet, so there is still a chance this is last ditch effort to wake Real up.

Would totally make sense if he does go to PSG as well. He grew up in the Paris suburbs, supporting Real.  :D

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: August 11, 2017, 12:12:25 am »
Rather have Kovacic and Pogba over Verratti in my opinion. I think Verratti will be a great player, but I think if Kovacic goes to a more progressive club, he will shine and Pogba has ridiculous amount of talent for his age.

What a difference 3 years make.

Veratti is the best midfielder in Europe right now and Pogba is....well...dabbing.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: August 11, 2017, 12:28:27 am »
What a difference 3 years make.

Veratti is the best midfielder in Europe right now and Pogba is....well...dabbing.
Best? Needs to prove himself more. I bet you were saying "Pogba is the best" last summer before he went to ManU as well, now you are saying he is only dabbing.

Verratti is a great talent, just like Pogba, but I am not convinced if they have done enough to be included "the best whatever" lists.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: August 11, 2017, 01:20:42 am »
Eh ? No I never considered Pogba as one of the best. Veratti on the other hand has been the most consistently good midfielder of the last 2 seasons. No other CM comes close.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: August 11, 2017, 03:07:11 am »
Modric and Kroos are definitely the best midfieldrrs in Europe now.Modric in particular has been in astounding form for that 2-3 years .

Veratti still has a lot to prove to be considered the best in Europe.Not just doing in a very weak League 1

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #617 on: August 11, 2017, 09:24:21 am »
Eh ? No I never considered Pogba as one of the best. Veratti on the other hand has been the most consistently good midfielder of the last 2 seasons. No other CM comes close.

:o :o

Modric is far and away the best midfielder in the world right now.  Doing it in a harder league for longer and winning the CL 3 of the last 4 seasons.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: August 11, 2017, 11:25:33 am »
It isn't on L'Equipe yet, so there is still a chance this is last ditch effort to wake Real up.

Would totally make sense if he does go to PSG as well. He grew up in the Paris suburbs, supporting Real.  :D

The wages PSG offer, Real won't want to equal them, not even get close to them. I read it was something like 18 million euros after taxes, Real was offering 7 million euros, the gap is just too much.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: August 11, 2017, 11:28:14 am »
The wages PSG offer, Real won't want to equal them, not even get close to them. I read it was something like 18 million euros after taxes, Real was offering 7 million euros, the gap is just too much.

Though if I was in his position I would choose Real in a heartbeat.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: August 11, 2017, 11:30:31 am »
By the way, according to Marcos Lopez, the guy who informed about the signing yesterday at Marca, the only possibility the deal doesn't get done is because of FFP. Apparently three clubs issued a complain yesterday (Bayern, Manchester United and Barcelona), three clubs with big status which might influence things, but other than that, the move is guaranteed.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: August 11, 2017, 11:41:39 am »
Though if I was in his position I would choose Real in a heartbeat.

If things change so dramatically that PSG can consistently offer almost three times the wages any other club gives, I don't think that will be the general consensus among players. They might choose one club above the other based on the sports project, present status, if the difference is not too big, but this is a completely new enviroment imo.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: August 11, 2017, 12:00:44 pm »
By the way, according to Marcos Lopez, the guy who informed about the signing yesterday at Marca, the only possibility the deal doesn't get done is because of FFP. Apparently three clubs issued a complain yesterday (Bayern, Manchester United and Barcelona), three clubs with big status which might influence things, but other than that, the move is guaranteed.

Cute but I gotta say I don't have much sympathy. They are only complaining as they feel threatened.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: August 11, 2017, 12:36:25 pm »
Apparently three clubs issued a complain yesterday (Bayern, Manchester United and Barcelona), three clubs with big status which might influence things, but other than that, the move is guaranteed.

If that's true then I hope PSG get their man. The absolute hypocrisy of those 3 vile clubs to complain about another club trying to buy success after decades of those three doing exactly that. Fuck em.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: August 11, 2017, 01:54:45 pm »
Hopefully these bid for Phil and we sell him there rather than Barca

southampton fan style anyone but barca.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: August 11, 2017, 04:12:51 pm »
I'd take Pastore for £40m :)
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: August 11, 2017, 07:24:08 pm »
If that's true then I hope PSG get their man. The absolute hypocrisy of those 3 vile clubs to complain about another club trying to buy success after decades of those three doing exactly that. Fuck em.

Vile or not vile ;D it's legit to complain if they feel threatened that way. I mean, it doesn't matter how well they do with their merchandasing, commercial revenue or the number of worldwide fans, they just cannot compete against an enemy this big, because they are literally limitless. Yes, they were the kings with the previous rules, some of them having advantage in some areas over others, but at least there were some sort of rules.