Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 179456 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2016, 12:07:09 pm »
I know Ellis Short has wanted Moyes there for a while, but a four year deal :lmao The way they go through managers that is ridiculous.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2016, 12:07:16 pm »
To be honest, Moyes is a very solid manager for that level.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2016, 12:14:56 pm »

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2016, 12:17:48 pm »
If its pre United Moyes they have a v.good manager & probably one of the best they can attract in their position.

If its broken Moyes like Mourinho after Real could have some issues. 

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2016, 01:30:12 pm »
Very good appointment for Sunderland this.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2016, 01:35:36 pm »
Solid appointment for a club in that position & stylistically it's no great transition from Allardyce

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2016, 01:40:16 pm »
Them, Hull and Burnley saying bye bye this season I reckon.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2016, 01:41:36 pm »
Decent appointment for them. He'll get them in 'safe midtable' I'd imagine.
The problems will start in a couple of years when they start to think above their station and want to push on.
It will be like Curbishley at Charlton/Allardyce at Bolton etc.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2016, 01:54:46 pm »

Moyes at Everton, Moyes at Man U...
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2016, 01:57:30 pm »
He's the most overrated manager about. And he's not even highly thought of.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #250 on: July 23, 2016, 02:14:12 pm »
Decent appointment for them. He'll get them in 'safe midtable' I'd imagine.
The problems will start in a couple of years when they start to think above their station and want to push on.

Think it depends on how they go about recruitment really. Allardyce was complaining that the transfer budget for the summer was half of what he thought it would be. Moyes' reputation for plucking bargains while at Everton is primarily based on signing the likes of Arteta and Cahill, which was over a decade ago. Sunderland don't really have a youth system, although a club in their position should. So they are highly reliant on buying players. There might not be another club in the league in their position that wastes so much money every year on average players. They were linked with activating Micah Richards' £5m release clause at Villa, but who knows if Moyes wants him.

Moyes' record with youth isn't the greatest either. He signed John Stones, but didn't play him. He released World Cup winner Shkrodan Mustafi and wasn't able to sign Eric Dier, who they had on loan for 18 months. Dier wanted first team football and went back to Portugal. He tends to stick to the same core group of players week-in week-out. In his last season at Everton, fifteen players made eighteen or more appearances in the league. Sunderland gave him a four year deal. It will be interesting to see how patient they are. In Ellis Short's time there they have had five managers (six if you include Kevin Ball) since 2012. They have the groundwork for potential there - large modern stadium and a decent transfer budget - but they need to show some patience, even if it means getting relegated. I think they will continue to linger around the foot of the table, unless they add another forward. I am not sure if the Moyes they are hiring is the one they think they are getting. It's been a while since he's been involved in a relegation scrap or having to work with a smaller budget. It will be interesting to see if he has that in him.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:18:24 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: July 23, 2016, 02:14:43 pm »
He'll do well in that kind of setup. Low expectations, lower table team, has the ability to take them to mid table
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #252 on: July 23, 2016, 02:18:10 pm »
He's the most overrated manager about. And he's not even highly thought of.

Money for old rope.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #253 on: July 23, 2016, 04:08:09 pm »
Can't wait to see how my Sunderland season ticket holding friends big this clown up over the next couple of weeks.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2016, 06:13:36 pm »
Moyes is used to managing clubs that are in and around the bottom 3 so this should be a breeze :)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #255 on: August 1, 2016, 11:36:09 am »
David Moyes has talked up his record in England, saying it's the "fourth best in the Premier League" - he certainly knows the competition after 12 years at Everton and Manchester United.

"The job is to win the games. Maybe at the start we might have to win ugly, but as we go along I want the supporters to be excited," he added.

"I have the fourth best winning record in the Premier League. I don't want to lose that, I want to better it." 

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 1, 2016, 11:44:44 am »
Only got to get best part of 200 points to catch Arry. Drops out the top 10 with his win percentage though.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #257 on: August 1, 2016, 11:50:32 am »
David Moyes has talked up his record in England.....

Bringing the Everton mentality already I see...

Winning without winning.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 1, 2016, 11:56:39 am »
I think he'll keep them safe but not by much, they'll probably loiter around 14th.

I'd love it if he took them above Everton.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #259 on: August 1, 2016, 04:05:35 pm »
Sunderland need to make significant progress before they can attract players of the calibre of Marouane Fellaini, says new boss David Moyes.

The Manchester United midfielder played at Everton for Moyes, who then took him to Old Trafford in 2013.

Sunderland's boss suggested the door would be "wide open" for players of that quality to come to the club.

"I'd love to have that level of player," said the Scot. "Realistically, that's probably not going to happen."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36938949

In other words I'm interested in Fellaini and will take him off your hands for a few million because we all know he's shit and i wasted £27 million on him

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #260 on: August 1, 2016, 04:10:16 pm »
He'll do well in that kind of setup. Low expectations, lower table team, has the ability to take them to mid table

He's done it all before, 10 years of it.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #261 on: August 1, 2016, 05:01:57 pm »
Moyes targeting a top 8 finish... :lmao

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #262 on: August 1, 2016, 06:38:04 pm »

Next year.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #263 on: August 1, 2016, 08:08:38 pm »
The Chosen One has returned!

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #264 on: August 1, 2016, 08:08:59 pm »
Ive just seen more of that presser. Hes tapping up players there is he not?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #266 on: August 1, 2016, 08:16:29 pm »

He wants to sign Kimi Raikkonen?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #267 on: August 1, 2016, 08:20:22 pm »
He wants to sign Kimi Raikkonen?

More like a driver in the John Player Special car on a Scalextric track.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 1, 2016, 10:13:11 pm »
Now all we need is for Everton targets to pick Sunderland over them.

And for Sunderland to stay up and Everton get relegated.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2016, 05:53:42 pm »
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37150006
David Moyes: Sunderland boss tells fans to expect relegation battle

Moyes doing what he does best. Relegation scrap without relegating?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2016, 05:45:39 pm »
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37150006
David Moyes: Sunderland boss tells fans to expect relegation battle

Moyes doing what he does best. Relegation scrap without relegating?

No change here then Gollum is merely guaranteeing a bit of end of season excitement.
Sunderlands business model is basically built on this the fans watch them play sh*te all season but go home euphoric on the last day of the season...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 1, 2016, 08:47:54 pm »
These are going down:

They've signed perennial loser Moyes, whose got to work on getting an already terrible team an even bigger inferiority complex/losing mentality.

They've watched Moyes run his squad into a number of serious injuries in just over a month of being there

Their half decent keeper is out for months, his number 2 is not very good and very young and also picked up an injury this week and they haven't signed another keeper in time

Borini, who isn't a good footballer but is committed and works hard and was building momentum, is out for three months with a groin injury

Defoe is their only striker over the age of 17

Kirchoff is out injured, as is Catermole and they messed up signing M'Villa - with the questionable addition of Pienaar and the gambles on young players and players from abroad, I'd say their midfield is worse than when they scraped survival

He's signed some promising defenders (anyone is promising compared to an over the hill O'Shea, Brown and awful Kabul) but Moyes has never effectively set up a good defence. Instead he just overloads midfield and plays dire, miserable, play for a draw and pray for a winner football, which invites too much pressure at any level (let alone at their level, and with their awful midfield)

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 1, 2016, 08:55:31 pm »
If Moysie is looking for strikers to add to his team, Anichebe is still a free agent.......
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 1, 2016, 08:56:26 pm »
His Everton team was very good defensively, back 4 and Howard worked very well

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 1, 2016, 08:58:14 pm »
If Moysie is looking for strikers to add to his team, Anichebe is still a free agent.......
and adebayor

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: September 1, 2016, 09:25:18 pm »
This time next year we will be up there and this shower of shite will be down here.

I've all ready put a bet on it.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #276 on: September 2, 2016, 12:31:54 pm »
I think only Swansea and WBA might have had a worse window. Their January signings are what kept them in the league last year. But how they couldn't find a goalkeeper and a back-up forward when both were glaringly obvious holes might be their undoing. You have to imagine if Defoe gets injured for any spell or his goals dry-up, they are in big trouble. Based on what L'Equipe has been saying, the French media and Lorient are both shocked with how much they paid for N'Dong.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 2, 2016, 02:53:53 pm »
I am hoping these get relegated. Then Nissan leave.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 2, 2016, 03:00:03 pm »
Didier Ndong

Mrs. Spoon

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 2, 2016, 03:20:13 pm »
I am hoping these get relegated. Then Nissan leave.

:lmao
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.