Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4600238 times)

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: U.S. election, 2016 (and the primaries)
« Reply #520 on: December 7, 2015, 01:14:38 pm »
Yes. I think that's true. He'll function like "1984". He feeds off new stories, the story of the day or the minute. In "1984" the old messages are destroyed, and the only truth is the last one. That's Trump. So in 'this moment', when questioned, he'll look strong. But he's also the Emperor without clothes. It's 'just' a matter of revealing the true picture of him. The media will be extremely incompetent if he gets the Republican vote.

I thought this article was quite good on how the traditional media is struggling to cope with social media and an age where there isn't really anyone who can be trusted to correct lies and errors that propagate on Facebook or other platforms.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/06/donald-trump-facebook-social-media-tv

This line in particular stood out- and it can be seen across a variety of news categories:

"A well respected journalist and chief executive of a Pulitzer winning news site made the point at another meeting that, despite consistently and meticulously producing original reporting on important issues relevant to a wide range of people, his organisation’s work was never favoured by search or social platforms over more eye-catching but erroneous content."

But this raises other questions that aren't really brought up in the article- can we trust social media platforms to favour factual articles- could this lead to censorship of another kind?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: December 7, 2015, 02:59:17 pm »
I thought this article was quite good on how the traditional media is struggling to cope with social media and an age where there isn't really anyone who can be trusted to correct lies and errors that propagate on Facebook or other platforms.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/06/donald-trump-facebook-social-media-tv

This line in particular stood out- and it can be seen across a variety of news categories:

"A well respected journalist and chief executive of a Pulitzer winning news site made the point at another meeting that, despite consistently and meticulously producing original reporting on important issues relevant to a wide range of people, his organisation’s work was never favoured by search or social platforms over more eye-catching but erroneous content."

But this raises other questions that aren't really brought up in the article- can we trust social media platforms to favour factual articles- could this lead to censorship of another kind?

Think that's a pretty poor article IMO. Also the labeling of my generation as "generation swipe left", yet I consistently see the older people I'm friends with on Facebook liking and sharing those "you won't believe what happens next" sites.

Are social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter supposed to police what is shared, liked, or retweeted? I see crap pop up on my timelines that other people share, like, or retweet. And I've manually gone in and blocked at least a dozen pages or accounts over the last few months because I couldn't stand to see what "news" they were sharing. I like to think that I'm mature enough to be able to tell what is BS and what isn't.

I can see search engines wanting to get more relevant and trustworthy stuff to the top of the search page, after all, that is their purpose. But I'm failing to see the social media aspect of it all.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #522 on: December 7, 2015, 03:01:26 pm »
I like to think that I'm mature enough to be able to tell what is BS and what isn't.

And yet you vote Republican?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: December 7, 2015, 04:20:40 pm »
And yet you vote Republican?

Voting Republican or Democrat is picking which BS you can see yourself at least somewhat putting up with.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #524 on: December 7, 2015, 05:18:49 pm »
Ted Cruz takes his first lead in an Iowa poll.
Cruz – 24, Trump – 19, Rubio – 17, Carson – 13, Bush - 6

I don't think that Cruz's college roommate, screenwriter Craig Mazin, will be enthused by this news:

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: December 7, 2015, 10:10:58 pm »
Donald Trump calls to ban all Muslims from entering US

Republican frontrunner wants ‘total and complete shutdown’ of borders to Muslims after San Bernardino shooting in latest boundary-pushing proposal

Donald Trump, the leading contender to become the Republican party’s nominee for US presidential candidate, has called for a “total and complete shutdown” of the country’s borders to Muslims in the wake of the San Bernardino terrorist attack.

Trump made his most extreme pledge yet – in a race in which he has consistently pushed the boat out on issues of race and immigration – in a statement released to the media through his presidential campaign team.

He said there was such hatred among Muslims around the world towards Americans that it was necessary to rebuff them en masse, until the problem was better understood.

“Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” the billionaire real estate developer said.

Trump put out his incendiary proposal just hours before he was scheduled to appear at a rally on board the USS Yorktown, a second world war aircraft carrier that is berthed near Charleston, South Carolina. The military location was carefully chosen for an address that falls on the 74th anniversary of the Japanese attacks on Pearl Harbor that brought America into the war.

To justify his extreme call for a total rejection of all Muslims seeking to enter the US, Trump turned to what he claimed to be polling data that underlined what he said was the violent hatred of followers of the faith towards Americans. However, the statement cites the Centre for Security Policy, an organisation branded extremist by anti-race-hatred campaigners at the Southern Poverty Law Center.

“Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won’t convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women,” Trump’s “policy statement” said.

The former reality TV star added: “Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine.”

Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said Trump’s proposed ban would apply to “everybody”, including Muslims seeking immigration visas as well as tourists seeking to enter the country.

Trump’s remarks immediately drew condemnation from Democratic presidential candidate Martin O’Malley, who tweeted: “@realdonald trump removes all doubt: he is running for President as a fascist demagogue.”

Trump has come under fire before for his contentious views on how to deal with the threat of domestic radicalization of Muslims. He has also refused to rule out creating a government database of all American Muslims.

He has also called for the deportation of 11 million undocumented Hispanics, as well as said were he elected president, he would build a wall along the border with Mexico.

Since the Paris attacks orchestrated by Islamic State, and last week’s attack in San Bernardino, California by a married couple inspired by the terror group, Trump has sought to build his already substantial lead over his Republican presidential rivals by portraying himself as being tougher than all others on national security.

He responded in a tweet on Sunday night to President Obama’s Oval Office address on combating the Isis threat by saying: “Is that all there is? We need a new President – FAST!”

In his address to the nation on Sunday night, the president was at his most passionate when he made an appeal to Americans for tolerance in the aftermath of the California shooting.

Obama specifically sought to underscore that while Muslims have a responsibility to identify and reject extremism within their ranks, Americans cannot lose sight of the fact that the vast majority of Islam’s more than a billion followers are peaceful.

“We cannot turn against one another by letting this fight be defined as a war between America and Islam,” Obama said. “That, too, is what groups like Isil want. Isil does not speak for Islam. They are thugs and killers. Part of a cult of death. And they account for a tiny fraction of a more than a billion Muslims around the world, including millions of patriotic Muslim Americans who reject their hateful ideology.

“Muslim Americans are our friends and our neighbors. Our co-workers. Our sports heroes. And, yes, they are our men and women in uniform who are willing to die in defense of our country,” he added. “We have to remember that.”

Trump’s threat was met with perplexed anger on the part of prominent Muslim American groups. Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the largest such group, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said on Twitter: “Where is there left for him to go? Are we talking internment camps? Are we talking the final solution?”

The presidential candidate’s choice of polling data to hold up his highly controversial views was in itself inflammatory. He cited data that purported to show that a quarter of those Muslims polled – Trump did not specify what the sample group was, nor even what part of the world he was referring to – “agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of global jihad”.

More than half of the unspecified sample group “agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah”.

The data was drawn from the Center for Security Policy, a neo-conservative thinktank based in Washington DC whose founder and president, Frank Gaffney, is a leading US Islamophobe. The Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate speech in the country, has described Gaffney as being “gripped by paranoid fantasies about Muslims destroying the west from within”.

The SPLC said that “Gaffney believes that ‘creeping Shariah’, or Islamic religious law, is a dire threat to American democracy”.

In 2011, Gaffney, a former Pentagon official in the Reagan administration, was barred from the influential Conservative Political Action Conference having suggested that two of its organizers had connections to the Muslim Brotherhood.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/07/donald-trump-ban-all-muslims-entering-us-san-bernardino-shooting

:no

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #526 on: December 7, 2015, 10:12:51 pm »
Fuckface von Clownstick has stopped his dog whistle appeal to racists, and is now flat out campaigning openly for a "total and complete shutdown" of Muslims immigrating to the United States, saying they should not be allowed to enter "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

This joke isn't funny anymore.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #527 on: December 7, 2015, 10:39:23 pm »
He's just out shocking his last outburst to stay at the top the news. I've felt that from the start, granted I thought he would have reached his sealing long before now, but surely his moderate supporters if you can call anyone in the Trump camp a moderate will jump ship when he presumably calls to have Muslims have ID on them showing they are a Muslim at all times. Oh yeah he's done that already. What comes after deportation?

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #528 on: December 7, 2015, 10:54:04 pm »
He's just out shocking his last outburst to stay at the top the news. I've felt that from the start, granted I thought he would have reached his sealing long before now, but surely his moderate supporters if you can call anyone in the Trump camp a moderate will jump ship when he presumably calls to have Muslims have ID on them showing they are a Muslim at all times. Oh yeah he's done that already. What comes after deportation?

Rather than carrying IDs, they could wear some form of identification on their clothes showing their religious persuasion.
And prior to deportation, they could be housed in some suitable accommodation. Possibly in one location within a city so that someone could keep an eye on them.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #529 on: December 7, 2015, 10:55:39 pm »
I read a great thing the other day

"Donald Trump is like if the comments section of Facebook came alive and ran for President"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #530 on: December 7, 2015, 10:56:17 pm »
If he weren't so dangerous, he would merely be grossly offensive.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: December 7, 2015, 11:47:19 pm »
Peace be upon him, the Don, perhaps the last true Britisher since Winston.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: December 7, 2015, 11:47:53 pm »
I wish the daft c*nt would fuck off back to The Apprentice.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #533 on: December 8, 2015, 02:17:49 am »
I wish the daft c*nt would fuck off back to The Apprentice.

Know what you mean, except his speech and its implications represent something far more cynical and dark than merely acting daft.

The very fact that he has a chance - however slim or unlikely that currently seems - of becoming President, is truly chilling.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: December 8, 2015, 03:19:34 am »
Know what you mean, except his speech and its implications represent something far more cynical and dark than merely acting daft.

The very fact that he has a chance - however slim or unlikely that currently seems - of becoming President, is truly chilling.

He's exposed the fact that for a large part of Americans, the "progress" that has been made against homophobia, racism and misogyny is just about using different words to express their same stupid thoughts.  They've stopped referring to f@gs, n!ggers and chicks (apologies, but the point needs those words written), but they still think those same thoughts.  Trump has come along and (in their stupid minds) "spoken the truth".  It is indeed very chilling - there is a pretty big portion of America that is more backwards in its thinking than I thought.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #535 on: December 8, 2015, 05:41:20 am »
He also includes American Muslims who have been on holiday outside the country in his plans for refused entry. That bloke's a nutter.

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #536 on: December 8, 2015, 05:44:38 am »

He's exposed the fact that for a large part of Americans, the "progress" that has been made against homophobia, racism and misogyny is just about using different words to express their same stupid thoughts.  They've stopped referring to f@gs, n!ggers and chicks (apologies, but the point needs those words written), but they still think those same thoughts.  Trump has come along and (in their stupid minds) "spoken the truth".  It is indeed very chilling - there is a pretty big portion of America that is more backwards in its thinking than I thought.
All true and unfortunately we've a fair amount of these fuck wits here in GB too.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #537 on: December 8, 2015, 06:19:59 am »
It's all the whooping and cheering that scares me. People actually believe this shit.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #538 on: December 8, 2015, 06:53:15 am »
It's all the whooping and cheering that scares me. People actually believe this shit.
He doesn't even believe it himself.

He just makes it up on the cuff...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: December 8, 2015, 08:03:58 am »
If I hadn't just seen him actually saying that I wouldn't have believed it, it's terrifying.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #540 on: December 8, 2015, 08:16:02 am »

Perfect match of picture and headline

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: December 8, 2015, 09:02:09 am »
Scary to think how many followers he has. USA is a crazy place nowadays.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #542 on: December 8, 2015, 09:40:55 am »
I wonder if that policy would include Arab royalty?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: December 8, 2015, 09:48:39 am »
Good show, I would say:

Arianna Huffington ‏@ariannahuff  9h9 hours ago
A note on Trump: we are no longer entertained http://huff.to/1NSr5Ri

Earlier today, the candidate currently leading in the polls for the Republican presidential nomination called for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States." That was, of course, Donald Trump. As Jeffrey Goldberg just tweeted, "Donald Trump is now an actual threat to national security. He's providing jihadists ammunition for their campaign to demonize the US."

On the heels of Trump's proposed change for America, we will be changing how we cover him at The Huffington Post. Back in July, we announced our decision to put our coverage of Trump's presidential campaign in our Entertainment section instead of our Politics section. "Our reason is simple," wrote Ryan Grim and Danny Shea. "Trump's campaign is a sideshow."

Since then Trump's campaign has certainly lived up to that billing. But as today's vicious pronouncement makes abundantly clear, it's also morphed into something else: an ugly and dangerous force in American politics. So we will no longer be covering his campaign in Entertainment. But that's not to say we'll be treating it as if it were a normal campaign.

Our decision in July was made because we refused to go along with the idea, based simply on poll numbers, that Trump's candidacy was actually a serious and good faith effort to present ideas on how best to govern the country. We continue to believe this to be true -- and will continue to let it guide our coverage -- but much has changed.

Yes, there was certainly no shortage of ugly comments from the beginning, as he kicked off his campaign with outrageous comments about Mexicans. But at first, this over-the-top xenophobia, though disgusting, played as the sour shtick of a washed-up insult comic. Now that Trump, aided by the media, has doubled down on the cruelty and know-nothingness that defined his campaign's early days, the 'can you believe he said that?' novelty has curdled and congealed into something repellent and threatening -- laying bare a disturbing aspect of American politics.

We believe that the way we cover the campaign should reflect this shift. And part of that involves never failing to remind our audience who Trump is and what his campaign really represents.

As Jay Rosen recently observed:

"To an extent unrealized before this year, the role of the press in presidential campaigns relied on shared assumptions within the political class and election industry about what the rules were and what the penalty would be for violating them ... These assumptions were rarely tested because the risk seemed too high, and because risk-averse professionals -- strategists, they're called -- were in charge of the campaigns."
That is, most politicians knew not to say outlandish and offensive and dangerous things because they knew they'd be punished for it. As Rosen continues, "Those beliefs have now collapsed because Trump 'tested' and violated most of them -- and he is still leading in the polls."

But that doesn't mean we in the media should in any way let Trump or those who would follow his footsteps off the hook. So as we cover his daily campaign, we'll constantly remind the public of what he stands for, citing references and providing links.

For example:

1) His enthusiasm for creating a database of all Muslims in the United States.

2) His ongoing lies about Muslims in New Jersey celebrating 9/11.

3) His status as birther-in-chief, cynically sowing doubt about President Obama's legitimacy as the duly elected President of the United States.

4) His misogyny -- here's just one HuffPost piece on this, but there's no shortage of these.

5) His xenophobia and scapegoating of immigrants, including his lies about Mexican immigrants and his ardent desire to deport millions of undocumented immigrants.

6) His unmistakable passion for bullying. Again, there's no shortage of examples, but you could start with his defense of supporters who roughed up a protester at one of his rallies or his ridiculing of a disabled New York Times reporter.

And we're happy to see we're not alone in our desire to present the unvarnished, un-euphemized Trump. Last week, The Washington Post's Dana Milbank opened a column by writing, "Let's not mince words: Donald Trump is a bigot and a racist." And he went on to back that up, which isn't hard and is the approach any reporter with an interest in telling the truth to his or her readers should adopt.

So if Trump's words and actions are racist, we'll call them racist. If they're sexist, we'll call them sexist. We won't shrink from the truth or be distracted by the showmanship.

Of course, Trump isn't the only candidate out there spouting extreme and irresponsible messages, but he's in a unique position in the wall-to-wall coverage, from Meet the Press to SNL, that he elicits. By not calling out Trump's campaign for what it is, many in the media, addicted to the ratings buzz he continues to deliver, have been legitimizing his ugly views.

As we've seen in the Republican race so far, Trump's worst comments don't occur in a vacuum -- or land without repercussions. They affect the tenor of the conversation, frequently moving the line between what's considered mainstream and what's considered unabashedly extreme and unacceptable.

So we'll not only be covering the ways Trump's campaign is unique in recent American politics, but also the disastrous impact it continues to have on his fellow candidates -- and the national conversation.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #544 on: December 8, 2015, 09:57:21 am »
How will his rich middle eastern friends come to give him his millions?
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #545 on: December 8, 2015, 10:10:26 am »
Donald Trump wants to close up the Internet

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/trump-closing-the-internet-up-in-some-way/?tw=dd

Trump mocked anyone who would object that his plan might violate the freedom of speech, saying “these are foolish people, we have a lot of foolish people.”

“We have to go see Bill Gates,” Trump said, to better understand the Internet and then possibly “close it up.”

Trump characterized the problem of Internet extremism by saying, “We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet.”

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: December 8, 2015, 10:25:06 am »

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/trump-closing-the-internet-up-in-some-way/?tw=dd

Trump mocked anyone who would object that his plan might violate the freedom of speech, saying “these are foolish people, we have a lot of foolish people.”

“We have to go see Bill Gates,” Trump said, to better understand the Internet and then possibly “close it up.”

Trump characterized the problem of Internet extremism by saying, “We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet.”

Willing to give up the First Amendment while insisting people defend the Second Amendment.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin "All About the" Franklin.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: December 8, 2015, 11:23:59 am »
Trump is answerable to no-one.  He has no financial backers to piss off so he's free to speak his mind.  His warped, depraved mind...

Until the GOP field thins out and support starts solidifying behind one or two rival candidates I fear Trump's current lead will remain.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline dumbo

• Main Stander
« Reply #548 on: December 8, 2015, 02:34:53 pm »
Until the GOP field thins out and support starts solidifying behind one or two rival candidates I fear Trump's current lead will remain.

In a weird way this is a re-run of the Labour/Corbyn election:
- the other candidates are rather weak.
- someone "unpopular" within the senior party, to put it mildly.
- someone with support of a specific, vocal, group who believe their voices weren't being heard.
- someone that external fringe groups will flock to.

At this point, I'd be amazed if he didn't win the republican nomination.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #549 on: December 8, 2015, 02:43:18 pm »
At this point, I'd be amazed if he didn't win the republican nomination.

Yep, the parallels are uncanny. The GOP will be taken to pieces at the next election, and, like Labour, they will have to look long and hard at how to resolve (or dissolve) the differences between two seemingly unreconcilable wings within the same party.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #550 on: December 8, 2015, 03:05:36 pm »
He's almost unparodiable at this point

You half expect him to rip off his mask and reveal Chris Morris underneath

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: December 8, 2015, 03:12:22 pm »
No doubt this man will be running against Clinton for the presidency.

Its fuckin scary.

You have to pray the Democrats win or this world will become even more dangerous.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #552 on: December 8, 2015, 03:48:00 pm »

DERP!

"Hey some jackass is after replacing Windows 98 with this XP bullcrap"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: December 8, 2015, 04:25:16 pm »
Still firmly believe Trump has no chance at winning the GOP nomination. In such a wide and weak-looking (at the moment) field, any press has been good press for Trump. Think once it narrows down to less than 5 candidates, things will really change.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: December 8, 2015, 05:48:15 pm »
I still don't believe he even wants it. He's just loving the attention, he doesn't want the job

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #555 on: December 8, 2015, 06:02:56 pm »
No doubt this man will be running against Clinton for the presidency.

Its fuckin scary.

You have to pray the Democrats win or this world will become even more dangerous.
That`s the worry.

Surely the yanks wouldn`t be stupid enough to vote for Herr Trump, surely?

It feels like the world is already on a knife edge and this loon getting into power could quite easily prove the tipping point.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: December 8, 2015, 06:05:54 pm »
According to Trump there are places in London that the police don't go for fear of their lives.... And he doesn't want America to become like that.....
There is so much wrong in that statement, not sure where to begin.
To start, how does someone that is so stupid become a billionaire, it's so frustrating.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: December 8, 2015, 06:08:55 pm »
According to Trump there are places in London that the police don't go for fear of their lives.... And he doesn't want America to become like that.....
There is so much wrong in that statement, not sure where to begin.
To start, how does someone that is so stupid become a billionaire, it's so frustrating.

So where in London is that? Did he name it?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: December 8, 2015, 06:18:33 pm »
That`s the worry.

It feels like the world is already on a knife edge and this loon getting into power could quite easily prove the tipping point.

Donald Trump is not going to be the next President of the United States.

To say I strongly dislike Hilary Clinton is an understatement. If I have to vote for her just to ensure Trump doesn't lay his hands on the White House, I will gladly do that. And I think a lot of people feel the same way.

But I don't think Trump is even going to have the chance to run against Hilary directly.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #559 on: December 8, 2015, 06:24:40 pm »
That`s the worry.

He's unelectable and won't win. That is why Fox News and many of the mainstream Republicans have been attacking him for a while. They know if he gets the nomination, they won't win. In head to head national polls, Clinton has been ahead of him since the start. It's just terrifying that a candidate this hateful and racist can be given so much attention by the media to spread his platform. ABC did a puff piece on him a couple weeks ago with his family. They are all repulsive.