Author Topic: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States  (Read 170526 times)

Offline gravey101

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States
« Reply #2040 on: July 10, 2023, 11:03:26 pm »
Good win for Biden since it looks like Sweden is going to become a NATO member. Quietly went about his business and got Turkey to get in line.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Kill the humourless

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2042 on: July 12, 2023, 12:32:22 pm »
I have to say I really enjoy Joe’s “And I’ll be there for the groundbreaking” bit. It’s a nice FU to hypocritical republican representatives.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2043 on: July 12, 2023, 02:55:27 pm »
I have to say I really enjoy Joe’s “And I’ll be there for the groundbreaking” bit. It’s a nice FU to hypocritical republican representatives.

Sensible seniors care about legacy.

You don't succeed for 50 years in the cesspit of US politics without having a certain Je Ne Sais Twat.
Kill the humourless

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2045 on: July 13, 2023, 11:58:27 am »
Inflation now down to 3%
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/12/economy/cpi-inflation-june/index.html

I guess Fox Propaganda better ramp up the Hunter stories.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2046 on: July 14, 2023, 02:05:25 am »
Strange, inflation is up here (in Australia) and we're not up in arms about it because the impression is that it's a global phenomenon and there's only so much we can do to resist. How has the USA managed to buck the trend to such a degree? Are any other major economies also managing to keep inflation under wraps?

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2047 on: July 14, 2023, 02:12:45 am »
How has the USA managed to buck the trend to such a degree?

The Fed raising interest rates.
Kill the humourless

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2048 on: July 14, 2023, 03:18:15 am »
Yeah, we've had about 20 hikes in the last year, have only managed to slow inflation without bringing it down. Fucking hurts as someone who only got on the property ladder after things had gone to hell.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2049 on: July 18, 2023, 12:50:13 pm »
Strange, inflation is up here (in Australia) and we're not up in arms about it because the impression is that it's a global phenomenon and there's only so much we can do to resist. How has the USA managed to buck the trend to such a degree? Are any other major economies also managing to keep inflation under wraps?

The US didn't 'keep it under wraps' as it soared last year with all the rest of us.

They have their own energy/fuel industry so don't rely on imports. Similarly the bulk of their food is domestically-produced. Weak workers' rights have kept pay rises suppressed.

And also, they've not got a Brexit to contend with, which adds complexity and cost to the flow of goods in and out of the UK.

In Europe, there's a huge disparity of inflation rates across different countries, but in the Eurozone, the average was 6.1% in June. Amongst that, Greece and Spain were 1.8% and 1.9% respectively, Denmark 2.5%, France 4.5%, Ireland 6.1%, Germany 6.38%, Italy 6.4%.

Turkey is 38% (and that fascist c*nt Erdogan still got elected)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kill the humourless

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 06:00:07 am by TSC »

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: October 6, 2023, 03:58:34 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/us-economy-added-336-000-jobs-last-month-almost-twice-what-was-expected/ar-AA1hMQBd?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=b98adf47e9dd46abb5978d45abc48198&ei=19

No one in America will be kicking illegal Brits out anytime soon.

Thanks to Basil, Brits and Irish are made for hospitality.

If you're congenial and resilient, some of you lot should give it a shot.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2023, 04:01:44 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2054 on: October 6, 2023, 11:33:18 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67024003

Build the wall! ::)
I think Biden is looking to win rather than win the argument in some eyes and lose the election.

Jonathan Entin, a law and political science professor at Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, told the BBC that while Mr Biden is "legally correct" in his argument about the budget, he was under no obligation to waive the federal laws that make construction of the border barrier possible.

"It's politically advantageous to him," Mr Entin said. "He will take a certain amount of heat from his supporters in the Democratic Party, and being able to say he doesn't have legal discretion might give him some excuse or explanation."

On the other hand, Mr Entin said that by waiving the federal requirements, Mr Biden can signal to his detractors that he is "serious" about border security, contrary to what Republican lawmakers have alleged.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2055 on: October 6, 2023, 11:50:34 pm »
I think Biden is looking to win rather than win the argument in some eyes and lose the election.

Jonathan Entin, a law and political science professor at Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, told the BBC that while Mr Biden is "legally correct" in his argument about the budget, he was under no obligation to waive the federal laws that make construction of the border barrier possible.

"It's politically advantageous to him," Mr Entin said. "He will take a certain amount of heat from his supporters in the Democratic Party, and being able to say he doesn't have legal discretion might give him some excuse or explanation."

On the other hand, Mr Entin said that by waiving the federal requirements, Mr Biden can signal to his detractors that he is "serious" about border security, contrary to what Republican lawmakers have alleged.

Might have known you'd be the first to jump in and defend the indefensible ::)

No Republican is going to look at Biden building Trump's wall and go 'oh, he's alright actually'. He'll piss off a hell of a lot of his own supporters though who voted for the guy who promised 'There will not be another foot of wall constructed by my administration'.

https://twitter.com/lourdesgnavarro/status/1291000306915057669
« Last Edit: October 6, 2023, 11:55:32 pm by TheShanklyGates »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2056 on: October 7, 2023, 12:06:57 am »
Is it fresh or replacement ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: October 7, 2023, 12:21:21 am »
Might have known you'd be the first to jump in and defend the indefensible ::)

No Republican is going to look at Biden building Trump's wall and go 'oh, he's alright actually'. He'll piss off a hell of a lot of his own supporters though who voted for the guy who promised 'There will not be another foot of wall constructed by my administration'.

https://twitter.com/lourdesgnavarro/status/1291000306915057669
I would be more concerned if Republicans said this proves Trump was right to build a wall rather than saying Biden is going back on his word. if they take that view than that's better as he can use the excuse he's made now.

It's politics and I don't see it as a big deal. am more concerned if it's right tactically. as you say it might go down badly with some of the Democrats. he may even do a u-turn if it back fires. I will say he slipped up but I still won't slag him off as the big picture is far more important so it's still no big deal to me. he is thinking tactically, he's the person who will have to defend the Republican attacks of leaving a open border for people to flood over. he can stand their and get hammered or just come out with a bit of rubbish on following Homeland security advice to close a small vulnerable gap in the border.

Biden is fighting a Fascist party led by a Fascist, Trump. he will have to be the one taking the questions. how he isn't serious about border control. if he can parry off the attacks then good on him. Biden and the Democrats wining is all that matters.

« Last Edit: October 7, 2023, 12:27:54 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2059 on: October 7, 2023, 12:42:08 am »
Be funny if he builds more in the next few months than Trump did in 4yrs though wouldn't it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2060 on: March 10, 2024, 09:20:16 am »
I've watched Joe Biden's State of the Nation speech now. What a remarkable delivery.
Hearing a coherent vision for the country from a respected world leader rather than the ramblings of a fucking buffoon like Trump is refreshing.

And once again he put GOP in their fucking place while simultaneously making them jealous. I bet 80% wanted to give him an ovation.
The reactions from House Speaker Mike Johnson (chief fake-religious gobshite) were interesting. While he occasionally contorted his face as if in disagreement, he fucking knew Biden was telling truth and accuracies with every word, ever single sentence. Unlike the serial liar, Trump.

Also, I loved how Biden attacked SCOTUS directly over Roe v Wade, who were all sitting yards from him.

Well done Joey Biden lad.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2061 on: March 10, 2024, 11:19:35 am »
In terms of the presentation itself (because you know the press would have a field day regarding it) but how was the actual flow of the speech? Like will the likes of Fox News, OAN, NewsMax use it to push their usual drivelling shite about his age? His cadence has definitely noticeably slowed, which is to be expected but you know those sources will push it as a sign of senility.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of Ł22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2062 on: March 10, 2024, 01:59:04 pm »
He's always been a stutterer, but he's an inner city Irish lad with a big mouth and a quick brain.

Got elected to the Senate at 29, then a car crash killed his wife and 1 yr old and left 2 sons critically injured.

He spent the next 20 odd years commuting to Washington every day to be home with his boys at night.

Now he's got arthritis.

Genocidal scumbag.
Kill the humourless

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2063 on: March 11, 2024, 08:36:05 am »
In terms of the presentation itself (because you know the press would have a field day regarding it) but how was the actual flow of the speech? Like will the likes of Fox News, OAN, NewsMax use it to push their usual drivelling shite about his age? His cadence has definitely noticeably slowed, which is to be expected but you know those sources will push it as a sign of senility.

There can't have been much signs of senility, because from the snippets I've seen they've pivoted and are suggesting/implying Biden wasn't senile enough, and must have been on something.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2064 on: March 11, 2024, 09:03:47 am »
Meanwhile, Trump now slurs his way through speeches like he's stoned, and you have dozens of health professionals up and down the country screaming that the man is obviously unwell and yet nobody seems interested in covering it.

Is it any wonder so many Republicans are desperate to be Trump's VP pick? They know he isn't going to last a full term.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2065 on: March 16, 2024, 12:24:09 pm »
Another Chump term would be disastrous for the US.  Even desperate Repugs know, but won't admit it.  He was the laziest, dumbest, most erratic president in history.

Any VP will be expected to be his toady, do all the work and be designated scapegoat.

Wait till Chump finds out he can't fire the Veep.

It's an easy choice.

Pro Biden or Pro Chump.  You're either one or the other.  Anti is a copout.

But, but, but, Michelle........................

Pence has confirmed he will not endorse his ex-boss.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 12:30:20 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: March 16, 2024, 02:43:39 pm »
Another Chump term would be disastrous for the US.  Even desperate Repugs know, but won't admit it.  He was the laziest, dumbest, most erratic president in history.

Pence has confirmed he will not endorse his ex-boss.

Pence doesn’t do gallows humour

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2067 on: March 16, 2024, 02:53:52 pm »
Pence doesn’t do gallows humour

Unless it's all right with Mother...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2068 on: March 18, 2024, 09:20:24 am »
Saw on John Oliver that Biden has managed to forgive $138bn in student debt for 3.9 million borrowers. This, despite SCOTUS trying to scupper the policy.

Stuff like this instantly improves the lives of millions of ordinary Americans and it should be talked about more. The student loan industry in the US is little more than legalised loan sharks whose only function is to turn a profit whatever the cost and regardless of the social damage. (Like so many other aspects of America.)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2069 on: March 18, 2024, 08:20:51 pm »
The student loan industry in the US is little more than legalised loan sharks whose only function is to turn a profit whatever the cost and regardless of the social damage. (Like so many other aspects of America.)

There is a rather high delinquency rate.

NYS and others offer free college for residents.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kill the humourless

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2071 on: March 20, 2024, 12:57:09 pm »
Saw on John Oliver that Biden has managed to forgive $138bn in student debt for 3.9 million borrowers. This, despite SCOTUS trying to scupper the policy.

Stuff like this instantly improves the lives of millions of ordinary Americans and it should be talked about more. The student loan industry in the US is little more than legalised loan sharks whose only function is to turn a profit whatever the cost and regardless of the social damage. (Like so many other aspects of America.)

Even their prison system is a capital venture as God knows how many people get faked for the sake of keeping the greed flowing. Honestly when you break it all down the system is so rigged and both parties have no problem oiling the cogs with the ordinary public. Biden, Obama could have done so much n they tried but could have they done better? Definitely
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2072 on: March 21, 2024, 03:09:17 pm »
LOL No, Kamala Harris in an election will get pummelled. She's worse than useless - and take that to the bank from a Democrat.
You were Scouse Labour yesterday Yank Dem today...Just saying 

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2073 on: March 21, 2024, 04:18:03 pm »
You were Scouse Labour yesterday Yank Dem today...Just saying

you know sometimes people move

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2074 on: March 21, 2024, 05:23:33 pm »

Most of the things Obama achieved were by executive order. It would have been next to impossible to have accomplished more, imo.
Kill the humourless

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2075 on: March 22, 2024, 11:45:16 am »
For those of you who might be interested, Anthony Scaramucci is on Morning Joe (MSNBC). I know some of you liked his appearance on The Rest is Politics podcast a few weeks ago. The two-hour program is repeated in the 4 hour slot.* So, if you would like to catch it, the show repeats at noon (UK), and Scaramucci appears just after 1pm.

https://livenewschat.eu/politics/

Alternative stream:

https://planetnews.com/live/msnbc-news.html

It is a large, pretty lively discussion by all.

* The show is nearly always just two hours long, and the full show repeated. Occasionally, it is a longer show, and the repeat is truncated. I assume this is a two-hour episode.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2076 on: March 22, 2024, 12:29:34 pm »
you know sometimes people move
Come on you Reds ...Come on you Blues.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2077 on: March 23, 2024, 10:04:42 am »
For those of you who might be interested, Anthony Scaramucci is on Morning Joe (MSNBC). I know some of you liked his appearance on The Rest is Politics podcast a few weeks ago. The two-hour program is repeated in the 4 hour slot.* So, if you would like to catch it, the show repeats at noon (UK), and Scaramucci appears just after 1pm.

https://livenewschat.eu/politics/

Alternative stream:

https://planetnews.com/live/msnbc-news.html

It is a large, pretty lively discussion by all.

* The show is nearly always just two hours long, and the full show repeated. Occasionally, it is a longer show, and the repeat is truncated. I assume this is a two-hour episode.
Not that I expect there is a great deal of interest, I just happened to look at MSNBC and there is a repeat of the Scaramucci segment on now. (I note that it was now shown yesterday in the regular show).
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2078 on: March 23, 2024, 10:17:19 am »
I give up. That was a severely truncated repeat.  ::)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2079 on: March 23, 2024, 10:20:36 am »
OK. For what it is worth, here it is:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/smArTrgn3hw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/smArTrgn3hw</a>