Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 388374 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #360 on: October 17, 2011, 08:23:00 pm »
I couldn't wait. But I'll still end up watching it on Friday.
Spoiler
I didn't think the hiding-under-car scenario was believable, because I thought they could "get" you just by smelling you. Surely the Walkers would have picked that up? And I had a feeling one of the kids was gonna fuck-up sooner or later.
Still, great episode, and the ending came as a bit of a surprise!
[close]
Spoiler
They covered that by making T-Dog slit his arm open and spill blood all over the place. They were following his scent.
[close]

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
The Walking Dead
« Reply #361 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:22 pm »
I couldn't wait. But I'll still end up watching it on Friday.
Spoiler
I didn't think the hiding-under-car scenario was believable, because I thought they could "get" you just by smelling you. Surely the Walkers would have picked that up? And I had a feeling one of the kids was gonna fuck-up sooner or later.
Still, great episode, and the ending came as a bit of a surprise!
[close]

Why get under the cars at all, rather than getting inside them and hiding? And how does one or two zombies suddenly turn into a few hundred without Dale on top of the RV noticing much sooner? Thats one of the main problems with this show for me, the setups are either really cheaply done, or downright non-sensical. Like getting the mother to call out for her daughter....why? What difference would it of made if she was actually in the tent?

Disappointing opener as it doesn't look like they've learned any lessons from last season.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #362 on: October 18, 2011, 12:47:39 am »
Disappointing opener as it doesn't look like they've learned any lessons from last season.
Think you need to spoiler the rest of that post.

To answer though......

Spoiler
they had to react and hide quick, the walkers can see through windows, they would have to hide under a blanket or something so they have to find a car with a blanket in it, get in quietly and double quick, plus shutting the doors would make a noise, the walkers react to noise, quicker to dive under a car and pray. He noticed as soon as the first one came into view, they were obstructed by all the cars, cant ask him to see through cars, they were moving pretty fast as well, as soon as there was one there was loads of them.
If someone else had called out she might have reacted badly, screamed or tried to run out of fright, they wanted to do it as quiet as possible so as not to attract attention of any nearby walkers.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:49:30 am by Mouth »
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2011, 07:05:57 am »
I find the overall storyline intriguing but I still think the mini plot-lines inside the overall story are pretty farfetched.

Spoiler
As others have said, how did they not see all those walkers.  When the camera panned out and took the point of view of the person on top of the camper, the view was pretty unobstructed.  If the church bells are on a timer, why would they ring again once they made it to the church? The mother was remarkably calm for someone who's daughter is spending the night alone in the woods with walkers around.  Also, Lori is uncomfortable at the idea of looting the cars, after living in this apocalyptic world for what, weeks at least? And they have a shot of her giving the girl's mother a dirty look for looking at a shirt? Give me a break.  I thought some of the God stuff was interesting albeit clunky.  I also liked the lady complaining about being alive, although it seems to me that there are plenty of ways of dying that don't involve a gun or walkers.  The ending of the episode was great.
[close]

I still find some of the writing and acting absolutely atrocious.  To me, Andrew Lincoln and Jon Bernthal are pretty much inept.  Their idea of acting seems to consist of constantly tensing their jaw, looking slightly to the side, sighing loudly before finally delivering their lines.
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2011, 07:48:26 am »
I think this show needs to be written by someone else. The skeleton of the story seems interesting enough, but most of the issues and conflict are because these people are Fucking Stupid. Everyone acts like a damned fool all of the time. Especially the blonde with the gun. You could see that coming a mile off, and she still did something incredibly stupid that almost killed her.

Such a frustrating show.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: October 19, 2011, 08:17:26 am »
Loved the first episode cant wait for next weeks., good to have the show back. :)
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2011, 09:16:54 am »
the start of season 2 went right over my head, only found out there now it airs on friday, might have to download it tonight though.. cant wait to start watching it again, tis a great show!
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #367 on: October 19, 2011, 10:13:05 am »
I've watched all episodes and while every time I hope it delivers, it underwhelms me. The CDC guy was the only interesting character that I liked, and he ended up wanting to go up in a fireball. I rather they took another angle at the whole survival concept. Life and survival in a 'castle' with the hordes outside or something like that. Last thing I would do in a zombie apocalypse is be on an unfamiliar, open road/surroundings.

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: October 19, 2011, 10:46:41 am »
I've watched all episodes and while every time I hope it delivers, it underwhelms me. The CDC guy was the only interesting character that I liked, and he ended up wanting to go up in a fireball. I rather they took another angle at the whole survival concept. Life and survival in a 'castle' with the hordes outside or something like that. Last thing I would do in a zombie apocalypse is be on an unfamiliar, open road/surroundings.

agreed, but thats the whole story, they're trying to find somewere like that, and CDC was going to be their refuge but it blew up.  So now they're trying to find somewhere else.

And lets be honest everyone has their own plan when/if a zombie horde breaks loose :D i know i do. small group of 4-5 people, go to the castle near me, police station down the road so once we get settled in the castle we'll go and steal the guns from the police station, not only that but its right beside a peer, so if everything goes tits up, steal a boat and get the fook out of there :D everyone has a plan right? or just me? :P
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: October 19, 2011, 12:57:17 pm »
I've not bothered with a plan. I'll be one of the first to go.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #370 on: October 19, 2011, 01:14:01 pm »
I've not bothered with a plan. I'll be one of the first to go.

Planning to opt out or becoming a walking dead?

agreed, but thats the whole story, they're trying to find somewere like that, and CDC was going to be their refuge but it blew up.  So now they're trying to find somewhere else.

I generally don't have qualms about the story or how it pans out. I do wonder if the writers think about what they are writing to make it either more believable or entertaining. If the ideas is that the survivors are making mistakes because they are in a tough situation, it makes sense. But repeated mistakes in the same episode is just absurd and makes me frustrated. For example,

Spoiler
They let the kids out of the car/RV the first time they get stuck on the road. Fine, an oversight and stupidity by the elders, and then they pay for the mistake by losing the girl. Now any grown up worth his salt would learn from the mistake and think, the kids should always stay put with either the bigger group or in a secured location, RV for example, with a guard. But no, they take the son with them to find the girl and find more zombies in a church. Again, one of them should've thought that the kid is pretty much worthless taking along since he is not a sharpshooter, or wield a big fuck off sword, he doesn't even have a BB gun for fucks sakes. But no, the two men take him along yet again to find the girl, again with no just reason, other than him 'growing up'. If he was 16-17, it would've made sense, but he cannot do anything other than to scream and try to climb up his dad when the zombies come.

As it was, he got shot when the two idiots let him walk up to a deer. I would be sad about it, but fuck, they were just asking for it.
[close]

Intelligent writing isn't much to ask for, is it?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #371 on: October 20, 2011, 10:59:50 am »
It could be soooooo much better  :-\

Offline Bondred

• Wouldn't know a palindrome from an emordnilap. Hi, I'm Bond. Blames Bond.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 20, 2011, 05:15:47 pm »
Pretty solid opener for the second series.
'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #373 on: October 23, 2011, 09:24:19 pm »
Watching episode 1 of the second series now.

Be interesting if they went somewhere good with this. Loads of possibilities - but will they take them?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: October 23, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »
Disappointed with the opener, still has all the same problems as last season; stupid characters doing stupid things, the pacing isn't that good (I thought it dragged quite a bit), absolutely awful dialogue in places, particularly Rick talking Jesus... that was just plain terrible.

Funnily enough they're the exact same problems I had with the comic so I wasn't surprised to see that Kirkman wrote this episode.

The zombie's themselves are still excellent and I admire their commitment to having incredibly gruesome scenes every episode. That 'autopsy' scene nearly had me gagging.

Looks like we'll be getting some new characters next week, and if they're anything like their comic book counterparts they should be interesting. Fingers crossed anyway, I really want it to get better.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2011, 11:05:10 pm »
Also, regardless of the odd logic, I thought the hiding under the cars scene was brilliant and very tense. Want to see more of that.

I hope to Sweet Zombie Jesus that the love triangle stuff is wrapped up as soon as possible. It's shit and completely boring.

Why wasn't the hilariously named SOUTHERN BAPTIST CHURCH crawling with zombies after the racket of those bells?
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: October 24, 2011, 09:12:51 am »
Also, regardless of the odd logic, I thought the hiding under the cars scene was brilliant and very tense. Want to see more of that.

I hope to Sweet Zombie Jesus that the love triangle stuff is wrapped up as soon as possible. It's shit and completely boring.

Why wasn't the hilariously named SOUTHERN BAPTIST CHURCH crawling with zombies after the racket of those bells?

Yeah i was thinking that too..
Spoiler
if they're attracted by noise then the church would be crawling with the walkers... but i liked the fact it was called the "southern baptist church" i thought that was a nic wee dig to the westboro baptist church
[close]

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: October 24, 2011, 10:06:35 am »
I read all the graphic novels years ago, so couldn't wait for the first series last year and this series.

Got to say I really like it, despite the fact it has strayed from the novels, and a few elements that have been in the tv show, don't exist in the novels. But overall very enjoyable.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #378 on: October 24, 2011, 11:35:25 pm »
Not liking the second season so far. Writing is so boring...second season suppose to follow the comic books but it's just gotten worse.

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-frank-darabont-amc-aco-127783/

Doesn't look good with Frank Darabont not even on it anymore and the budget cuts too.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: October 25, 2011, 02:37:00 am »
Brilliant second episode. Yes, it's veering off from the comics here and there, but if it stuck exactly to the comics, then it just simply wouldn't work as a TV show regardless if you like it or not. The group would more or less be at the prison by now, and the main characters in the comics couldn't be fleshed out properly. The difference is welcome as it keeps those that read the comics surprised. The same major things happen, it's just that they happen differently. The above article was from August, so it's obviously hyperbole.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: October 25, 2011, 08:10:23 am »
Thought the second episode was really boring compared to the first, hopefully it picks up next week.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #381 on: October 25, 2011, 08:55:20 am »
Fingers crossed the second one is as good as the first..I thought they wasted a good portion of season 2, episode 1 talking and talking and not doing much else...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #382 on: October 25, 2011, 12:32:43 pm »
Disappointed with the opener, still has all the same problems as last season; stupid characters doing stupid things, the pacing isn't that good (I thought it dragged quite a bit), absolutely awful dialogue in places, particularly Rick talking Jesus... that was just plain terrible.
Thats a mark of the genre though isnt it, no one ever survives in these things by being smart, I think thats part of the reason people watch them as well, sitting there shouting you moron dont open the door, dont look in the cellar etc.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #383 on: October 25, 2011, 12:52:07 pm »
I thought the second episode was superb, not too much zombie action until later on, but there were some nice scenes otherwise. Hershel looks like he'll be a great character.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: October 25, 2011, 05:44:49 pm »
I don't know if it was just the download I watched it on, but the sound editing on this episode was fucking atrocious. Every time there was no one talking the background noises were turned up to eleven, then those sounds disappeared for the dialogue. It was really off putting.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #385 on: October 25, 2011, 07:31:48 pm »
Anyone else like the reference to another AMC show? ;D
hi

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #386 on: October 25, 2011, 08:18:23 pm »
Renewed for season 3
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: October 25, 2011, 08:49:58 pm »
Thought the second episode was really boring compared to the first, hopefully it picks up next week.
Different strokes. There has to be some pacing there, and I felt that the actors needed to flesh out the characters. There was some solid acting and writing in that episode. Nothing seemed dumb, and it brought the viewer a little bit of perspective that Rick has a family and that tragedy for him can be just around the corner. It was also a slow episode to introduce new characters, which was what was needed.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #388 on: October 26, 2011, 03:37:03 am »
The woman with the short hair pisses me off. She's just the annoying slag that states the obvious all the time and moans. Doesnt really have any character, shes just the victim. Getting beaten by her husband etc

Hope her little girl comes back to her zombified.

:)

Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: October 26, 2011, 08:03:02 am »
The woman with the short hair pisses me off. She's just the annoying slag that states the obvious all the time and moans. Doesnt really have any character, shes just the victim. Getting beaten by her husband etc

you evil, evil sonofabitch!

but i hope that too. :D

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #390 on: October 26, 2011, 09:41:44 am »

It's happened before....:)
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #391 on: October 26, 2011, 10:20:46 am »
Anyone else like the reference to another AMC show? ;D

Yep. I noticed that.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:22:53 am by Jack the Red »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: October 26, 2011, 11:35:14 am »

She was exactly the same character in The Mist.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #393 on: October 26, 2011, 01:01:37 pm »

THATS where I remember her from.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: October 26, 2011, 01:49:01 pm »
THATS where I remember her from.
Yeah, there's three actors in this that were in that film. Oh, and it shared the same director too.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: October 26, 2011, 04:48:09 pm »
Just watched the first episode of season 2 and thought it was brilliant to be honest. I haven't read the comics though so not really arsed whether it differs from them or not. The love triangle shit is incredibly boring.

Spoiler
I hope that the little girl comes back as a zombie.
[close]

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #396 on: October 26, 2011, 05:58:51 pm »

Oh shit yeah!!

Makes me hate her even more.  :wanker
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2011, 09:22:17 pm »
I long to see the short grey haired moaning woman pleading with Daryll not to fire a crossbow bolt through her now zombified kid's head.

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2011, 10:25:52 pm »
Liked the first episode but how many monologues did they want to squeeze in? The prayers to Jesus was an utter cringe fest.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2011, 11:00:23 pm »
Jesus that was boring, and tedious. I think they actually talked for a full ten minutes about who should go and get Lori.

It all reminds me a bit of Lost, great central idea, and all the cringy dialogue and wooden acting to go along with it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:05:53 pm by Bob Loblaw »