Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 607479 times)

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
Re: XBMC
« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2014, 11:29:28 am »
Sorry mate missed that, I use the $7.95 package with VPN, so I can get the US Netflix etc, it's been pretty much perfect. I haven't noticed any slowdown in web downloads at all, speed test usually come out pretty much the same. Torrents are much faster since I started using it, too.

edit: I don't think you need the VPN for US Netaflix and that, but I use it for other stuff, like HBO GO and AMC's online streaming, so it's still very good value.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:32:32 am by Jack the Red »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #321 on: November 30, 2014, 04:47:29 pm »
so i open up ice films and every single category is empty, there is no films at all? any ideas what's up therE?

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: November 30, 2014, 05:14:36 pm »
so i open up ice films and every single category is empty, there is no films at all? any ideas what's up therE?

I get that on a few , havnt a clue why

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #323 on: November 30, 2014, 07:02:04 pm »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hevDZqVdwMQ

Worked for me on ATV - try it out

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: November 30, 2014, 10:50:17 pm »

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #325 on: December 1, 2014, 03:22:20 am »
Also is it worth installing the TVMC version for mac?

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #326 on: December 1, 2014, 05:13:27 am »

Are you with BT? they blocked icefilms a week ago in the UK.
Right click the addon, select configure then scroll all the way along to the right where you'll see the url.
change http://www.icefilms.info to http://ipv6.icefilms.info & that should fix it.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #327 on: December 1, 2014, 05:15:15 am »
Are you with BT? they blocked icefilms a week ago in the UK.
Right click the addon, select configure then scroll all the way along to the right where you'll see the url.
change http://www.icefilms.info to http://ipv6.icefilms.info & that should fix it.

Yep i'm on BT so that must be it, cheers!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #328 on: December 1, 2014, 10:52:34 pm »
Chaps, Ive borrowed my mates android tv box duel core jellybean, this one,

He bought it 2 months back, plugged it in and went meh cant be arsed...so I thought Id see what its like to get the footy, and thats my problem. Ive tried a couple of youtube vids but with no success. If someone could PM me how you go about getting, say for example, Sky Sports Id be grateful ;)
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #329 on: December 6, 2014, 04:48:18 pm »
Was gonna ask myself what's the best way to watch live footie on xbmc/kodi

Offline Amirul1973

• Main Stander
« Reply #330 on: December 7, 2014, 09:42:09 am »

He bought it 2 months back, plugged it in and went meh cant be arsed...so I thought Id see what its like to get the footy, and thats my problem. Ive tried a couple of youtube vids but with no success. If someone could PM me how you go about getting, say for example, Sky Sports Id be grateful ;)

Frank use the android browser and install mobdro. Loads of sports channels in near hd quality. If you know how to navigate xbmc go to navi x and find a playlist by someone called UK Turks sports channels (or something). He has lots of quality stable footy channels including nbcsn

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #331 on: December 7, 2014, 01:06:39 pm »

If you want the footy the best addon is the nbc sports addon. It's free atm, i dont know how long for but streams in full HD no problem  ( you'll need to sign up for a dns service though. Uno is probably the best).
Also recommend the bbts emu list for the live tv but the owner has taken that down at the moment due to people ripping off his lists and passing them off as their own.
Navi-x is down right now too, i think its something to do with a cock up with their latest update or something. Dont know when that will be back up.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2014, 01:09:03 pm by marcus-g »

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #332 on: December 7, 2014, 02:28:29 pm »
Using an atv2 does anyone know how to go about getting a VPN in order to use NBC sports ? Cheers for any help
« Last Edit: December 7, 2014, 02:58:37 pm by bobby19 »

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #333 on: December 7, 2014, 03:19:18 pm »
Using an atv2 does anyone know how to go about getting a VPN in order to use NBC sports ? Cheers for any help

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291549

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #335 on: December 7, 2014, 07:24:05 pm »
Frank use the android browser and install mobdro. Loads of sports channels in near hd quality. If you know how to navigate xbmc go to navi x and find a playlist by someone called UK Turks sports channels (or something). He has lots of quality stable footy channels including nbcsn
If you want the footy the best addon is the nbc sports addon. It's free atm, i dont know how long for but streams in full HD no problem  ( you'll need to sign up for a dns service though. Uno is probably the best).
Also recommend the bbts emu list for the live tv but the owner has taken that down at the moment due to people ripping off his lists and passing them off as their own.
Navi-x is down right now too, i think its something to do with a cock up with their latest update or something. Dont know when that will be back up.

Thanks guys, shall give them a whirl tomorrow/tue. Useless when it comes to things like this so expect lots of :'( smileys and me asking wtf im doing again :P
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: December 8, 2014, 12:07:56 am »
Thanks guys, shall give them a whirl tomorrow/tue. Useless when it comes to things like this so expect lots of :'( smileys and me asking wtf im doing again :P
This looks great for free sports streams

http://vdubt25.tumblr.com/post/104609556005/xbmc-how-to-install-mikey1234-tv-first-of-a-big

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #337 on: December 8, 2014, 12:40:46 am »
Another good guide here:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-watch-premier-league-football-using-xbmc/

Can't beat NBC for the Premier League games. Free (with DNS/VPN) and all 380 matches in Full HD. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and it's great.

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #338 on: December 8, 2014, 02:47:35 pm »
Another good guide here:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-watch-premier-league-football-using-xbmc/

Can't beat NBC for the Premier League games. Free (with DNS/VPN) and all 380 matches in Full HD. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and it's great.

What VPN provider do u use ?

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #339 on: December 8, 2014, 04:17:20 pm »
http://www.unblock-us.com/

My (2nd) trial just expired but I'm happy enough with it to pay for it. I'll probably buy a subscription before the weekend games.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #340 on: December 8, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »
What are these VPN thingys chaps and are they easy to put on XBMC?

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: December 8, 2014, 06:27:53 pm »
What are these VPN thingys chaps and are they easy to put on XBMC?
You don't put them on XBMC but rather the device XBMC is running on.

They are basically a way of 'tricking' sites that are only available to, say, US residents that you are a US resident - allowing you to sign up / access their services - whilst letting you access all other sites normally.

From a technical POV you change the DNS address(es) on your router or, if that is locked down, on all your devices that need it.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #342 on: December 8, 2014, 06:46:41 pm »

They are basically a way of 'tricking' sites that are only available to, say, US residents that you are a US resident - allowing you to sign up / access their services - whilst letting you access all other sites normally.

From a technical POV you change the DNS address(es) on your router or, if that is locked down, on all your devices that need it.

There is a new vpn designed specifically to run in xbmc https://www.vpnicity.com/ ( not compatible with amazon fire, ipad,  iphone or atv though)
signed up today but havent been activated yet so don't know how good it is.
From what i've read elsewhere though the reviews seem to be positive.
Having to go down the vpn route as my dns service wont cut it with addons that BT have blocked access to.
Don't know what the fuck is going on with BT but they're blocking all sorts the last few weeks. One day an addon works fine, next day BT
have blocked access. Pissin' me right off.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2014, 06:49:02 pm by marcus-g »

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #343 on: December 8, 2014, 07:29:25 pm »
There is a new vpn designed specifically to run in xbmc https://www.vpnicity.com/ ( not compatible with amazon fire, ipad,  iphone or atv though)
signed up today but havent been activated yet so don't know how good it is.
From what i've read elsewhere though the reviews seem to be positive.
Having to go down the vpn route as my dns service wont cut it with addons that BT have blocked access to.
Don't know what the fuck is going on with BT but they're blocking all sorts the last few weeks. One day an addon works fine, next day BT
have blocked access. Pissin' me right off.

How much for VPNicity mate? Didn't see a price on their site. DNS stuff still working for now on Sky broadband but if it's a decent price i might go for that instead of Unblock Us.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: December 8, 2014, 07:50:21 pm »
Ok. Signed up for unblockus free trial. Where do I get the NBC Sports add on from?

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #345 on: December 8, 2014, 07:51:47 pm »
Ok. Signed up for unblockus free trial. Where do I get the NBC Sports add on from?

It's in the official Kodi (XBMC) add-ons repository.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #346 on: December 8, 2014, 08:04:06 pm »
How much for VPNicity mate? Didn't see a price on their site. DNS stuff still working for now on Sky broadband but if it's a decent price i might go for that instead of Unblock Us.

https://www.vpnicity.com/register/

$7.99 a month (£5.11)
Not been activated yet so dont know how good it is.
If its no good i can just cancel the subscription i suppose

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: December 8, 2014, 08:05:04 pm »
It's in the official Kodi (XBMC) add-ons repository.
Thanks. Installed fine on Raspbmc.

At first I thought the VPN wasn't working as all I saw was a 'coverage will resume shortly' image when the game should have kicked off.

Now to compare it to my normal footy feed.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #348 on: December 8, 2014, 08:28:13 pm »

At first I thought the VPN wasn't working as all I saw was a 'coverage will resume shortly' image when the game should have kicked off.

Yeah, you'll see that "coverage will resume shortly" message a lot, pretty much whenever there would be an advert break, but the coverage itself is great.

Cheers, I'll stick to the cheaper Unblock US for now but that's a decent price, might consider it in the future.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #349 on: December 9, 2014, 12:47:53 am »

Ah right, cheers for that.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #350 on: December 10, 2014, 11:12:19 am »
If any of you used to use the mashup addon until it got disabled, there's a new addon called phoenix.
Apparently all the playlist compilers who used to submit their stuff to mashup now submit them to phoenix.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:15:05 am by marcus-g »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #351 on: December 10, 2014, 11:16:06 am »
Oooookay. So I turned the box on to do the things above and Gotham isnt on my home page...wtf?!

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #352 on: December 10, 2014, 11:46:43 am »
Oooookay. So I turned the box on to do the things above and Gotham isnt on my home page...wtf?!

Not used an mx box but on the home screen is there an ''all apps'' icon or similar?
If so, click it and xbmc/kodi will probably be in there.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #353 on: December 10, 2014, 11:50:00 am »
Not used an mx box but on the home screen is there an ''all apps'' icon or similar?
If so, click it and xbmc/kodi will probably be in there.
I have xmbc mate, gotham though seems to have vanished from it.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #354 on: December 10, 2014, 11:51:47 am »
I have xmbc mate, gotham though seems to have vanished from it.

not sure what you mean?
Gotham isnt an addon. Gotham is a version of xbmc.
It's still called xbmc but when you click it and xbmc is loading the screen says ''Gotham 13.2''

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #355 on: December 10, 2014, 12:27:50 pm »
not sure what you mean?
Gotham isnt an addon. Gotham is a version of xbmc.
It's still called xbmc but when you click it and xbmc is loading the screen says ''Gotham 13.2''

Ahh fuck knows then mate...under videos I has 1 click - gotham - ice films and something else in like a square, now gotham aint there to click on like i did to watch stuff after loading up xbmc.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #356 on: December 12, 2014, 09:28:55 am »
So who has the TVMC version for the mac?

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: December 13, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »
Is the NBC Sports addon not working for anyone else today? Or maybe my week's trial on unblockus has finished 2 days early?

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #358 on: December 13, 2014, 05:57:53 pm »
Is the NBC Sports addon not working for anyone else today? Or maybe my week's trial on unblockus has finished 2 days early?

Wouldn't work for me either today

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite
« Reply #359 on: December 18, 2014, 09:07:36 pm »
Wouldn't work for me either today

Install Sportsdevil from the addons, you will get the usual sites, first row sports,  wiziwig etc.

Modbro is also good for Sky Sports etc.