Author Topic: Top Gear  (Read 468730 times)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Top Gear
« Reply #280 on: March 5, 2007, 07:43:15 pm »
It takes a lot for me to laugh out loud at something on the telly, but Top Gear always does without fail.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #281 on: March 5, 2007, 08:25:19 pm »
How tall is richard hammond? according to google hes 5'7.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #282 on: March 5, 2007, 08:31:00 pm »
Loved the look on Jamelia's face when she realised she would be arriving at the door in Hammonds convertible
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #283 on: March 5, 2007, 10:09:51 pm »
I loved the conversation between Hammond and Clarkson about videoing their kids' Sports Day.

Clarkson: "You have to ask all the parents for permission to film before you even take the camera out of the boot!"
Hammond: "Try filming your own kids' Sports Day then!"

:lmao
« Last Edit: March 5, 2007, 10:13:17 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #284 on: March 5, 2007, 10:10:49 pm »
I loved the conversation between Hammond and Clarkson about video their kids' Sports Day.

Clarkson: "You have to ask all the parents for permission to film before you even take the camera out of the boot!"

yep that really cracked me up, scripted or unscripted it was brilliant timing and their reactions where great

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #285 on: March 5, 2007, 10:11:32 pm »
It was fucking hilarious - loved it when you saw who was getting into Clarksons  car and how.

You knew Chris Moyles would just go along with it though

Then making Clarkson stop for booze and food too, classic

Lemar was a right twat though
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #286 on: March 6, 2007, 01:37:27 am »
I loved the conversation between Hammond and Clarkson about videoing their kids' Sports Day.

Cracked me up too

How tall is richard hammond? according to google hes 5'7.

The way they go on, i'd thought he was shorter
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #287 on: March 6, 2007, 02:05:17 am »

I was rather upset when i realised his height because it is the same height i am :(

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #288 on: March 6, 2007, 08:23:49 am »
The celebs in the limos was brilliant....won't see nothing funnier on 'real' comedy programmes.

Not sure though whether Lemar was acting like a tosser or was one for real.
( convincing bit of acting if that's what it was )
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #289 on: March 6, 2007, 08:53:40 am »

Well Clarkson IS 6'5...

So, being 6'5 myself, I know a 5'7" man is a short arse.

I was rather upset when i realised his height because it is the same height i am :(

:wave
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #290 on: March 6, 2007, 12:52:21 pm »
The celebs in the limos was brilliant....won't see nothing funnier on 'real' comedy programmes.

Not sure though whether Lemar was acting like a tosser or was one for real.
( convincing bit of acting if that's what it was )
He would have to have pretty stupid to go on national TV and make a c*nt of himself. Don't think it was scripted, but wouldn't be suprised if it was. Saying that I think if I spent much time in the company of Mr May I would act something similar.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: March 7, 2007, 03:39:34 pm »
It's repeated tonight at 7pm on BBC2 for those who missed it the first time around.

Offline Mondo

• Main Stander
  • You're f*cking out
« Reply #292 on: March 7, 2007, 08:37:46 pm »
Pure class. The funniest programme on telly at the moment. Shame its the end of the series. I believe there is a new series starting some time in the summer. Cant wait

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2007, 07:59:51 pm »
It's on bbc3 now if anyone missed it

btw...It's in todays mirror, that Lemar was told by producers to "be more angry"...even if that's so, im sure they didn't mean cry like a girl and storm off

c*nt
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: March 10, 2007, 08:50:35 pm »
According to my mate one of the rags reports that it will NOT be back in the summer

Offline FTW

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: March 10, 2007, 09:02:23 pm »
According to my mate one of the rags reports that it will NOT be back in the summer

It's written in Clarksons own column, according to a Top Gear Forum.

( http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=17563 )

Shame he writes for such a scummy rag.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #296 on: March 10, 2007, 09:03:48 pm »
it will be back, some work on what they are going to do has already been discussed, my mates cousin writes for the mag, and gets to do a lot of the drivin of the cars, like picking them up from showrooms etc, lucky bastard

Offline Consigliere

• Through a glass darkly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: March 11, 2007, 11:54:07 am »
Look's like Clarkson's leaving Top Gear and won't be there for the next series.

Thank the Lord!!!!!!

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: March 11, 2007, 12:01:34 pm »
I would be shocked if Clarkson wasn't there next season (autumn not apparently)
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Consigliere

• Through a glass darkly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: March 11, 2007, 12:07:20 pm »
Top Gear's future questioned by Clarkson

By Chris Hastings, Arts and Media Editor, Sunday Telegraph
Last Updated: 1:07am GMT 11/03/2007

Jeremy Clarkson, the presenter of the BBC's Top Gear, yesterday sparked speculation about the future of the popular motoring programme.

In his weekly newspaper column, the 47-year-old broadcaster said that the show, watched by more than seven million viewers, would not be returning for a new series in the summer.

He wrote: "After last week's Top Gear, the continuity announcer said the show would be back in the summer. Can I just say, here and now, it won't be."

Yesterday, the BBC said that a special edition of the show would be broadcast this summer and there would be a new series in the autumn. However, it refused to discuss Clarkson's personal future.

A spokesman said: "Top Gear is coming back. There will be a special in the summer and a new series in the autumn."

Asked whether Clarkson would continue to appear on the programme alongside co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May, the spokesman said: "I cannot go beyond the fact that the show is coming back."

Clarkson's wife Francie was last night unable to clear up the mystery. At first she said that nothing had been finalised. She later said that she was not in a position to comment about her husband's future with the show.
advertisement

Clarkson's opinionated and forthright views are an integral part of Top Gear's success. The Yorkshire-born father of three presented the programme for a decade after joining in 1989. He rejoined three years later when the show was relaunched. It has gone on to win a string of awards including an Emmy.

In January, more than eight million viewers tuned in to watch footage of a 280mph crash that almost cost Hammond his life. In its new format the show has proved a runaway hit for the BBC.

Its light-hearted and irreverent tone and its reliance on celebrity guests means that it even appeals to viewers who know next to nothing about motoring. However, it has attracted criticism from road safety campaigners, who claim that the programme glamorises speeding.

Ofcom received 20 complaints from viewers after the footage of Hammond's crash was broadcast, and during the show Clarkson at one point looked straight at the camera and said "remember - speed kills" in a tongue-in-cheek fashion.

Clarkson has built a successful career as an author and newspaper columnist on the back of the show's success.

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2007, 12:15:52 pm »
Will be sad if that is the end of that, The 3 presenters individualy are good, as a trio the chemistry is like nothing I have seen. It makes me laugh out loud and certain things done are genuingly touching (toyota pass me the hanky anyone)?

Heres a thought, If Clarkson jibs it, who to step in with the other 2????
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2007, 12:18:03 pm »
If any of them leave - it just won't be the same

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2007, 02:24:12 pm »
If any of them left there wouldn't be much point continuing.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2007, 04:06:46 pm »
I suspect Clarkson has said this for a bit of a laugh, knowing fine well that it will get tongues wagging. In saying "After last week's Top Gear, the continuity announcer said the show would be back in the summer. Can I just say, here and now, it won't be."  I think he's probably meaning "It will, in fact, be back in the AUTUMN!" and is no doubt sitting at home now having a right old laugh about all the fuss that's been made about it.

Either that or he is actually serious this time, which given his track record I find hard to believe ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2007, 06:01:43 pm »
I'd be gutted if this was true. I don't see why he would leave though - it seems like his perfect job. He has a license to say and do what he wants, pretty much.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: March 11, 2007, 06:03:54 pm »
Clarkson is the most important of the three. If he left, I would no longer watch it. It wouldn't be the same.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #306 on: March 11, 2007, 06:05:37 pm »
I suspect Clarkson has said this for a bit of a laugh, knowing fine well that it will get tongues wagging. In saying "After last week's Top Gear, the continuity announcer said the show would be back in the summer. Can I just say, here and now, it won't be."  I think he's probably meaning "It will, in fact, be back in the AUTUMN!" and is no doubt sitting at home now having a right old laugh about all the fuss that's been made about it.

Either that or he is actually serious this time, which given his track record I find hard to believe ;D

I thought it was CLARKSON at the end of the show that said they'd be back in the summer
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: March 11, 2007, 06:24:49 pm »
Clarkson is the most important of the three. If he left, I would no longer watch it. It wouldn't be the same.

True

Wouldn't be arsed if may left though, think he's abit shite

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: March 11, 2007, 06:33:46 pm »

fuckin behave lad , may makes the show

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2007, 06:41:51 pm »

No way, the Hamster is by far the most important. He's the social gel that holds the two arl fella's together.
JFT97

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2007, 06:51:08 pm »
James May is the funniest of the lot but if one of them leaves it's pretty much the end, can't see it happening though.

On a more positive note

Top Gear of the Pops
10:00pm - 10:35pm
BBC2 North West
   VIDEO Plus+: 298177
Subtitles, widescreen

Top Gear collides head on with Top of the Pops as Jeremy, Richard and James present their own version of the iconic chart show. Expect the regular Top Gear features including the Cool Wall, absurd challenges and fire-breathing reviews, to rain down on the pop world.

Offline FTW

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2007, 07:06:08 pm »
Can't see it going off the air. Clarkson probably just wants a payrise.

Clarkson has nothing to gain by leaving, quite the opposite in fact.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2007, 07:18:25 pm »
Can't see it going off the air. Clarkson probably just wants a payrise.

Clarkson has nothing to gain by leaving, quite the opposite in fact.
spot on, i also heard that he wanted to take more time to do his dvd's as the way it currently works he is able to use some of the cars at the same time they are on top gear to do his vids, but he wants more time and also, he is unhappy about the wirst slapping he is getting over the flipant remarks he makes

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2007, 08:20:33 pm »
James May is the funniest of the lot but if one of them leaves it's pretty much the end, can't see it happening though.

On a more positive note

When's that on?

Have got BBC1 NW, but not bbc2

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #314 on: March 11, 2007, 08:26:27 pm »
Will be the same everywhere.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2007, 10:44:45 pm »
Was someother thing on at 10

Or is it on tomorrow, or another day

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2007, 01:03:10 am »
Oops, forgot to post the date with it, it's Friday.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2007, 01:07:28 am »
Silly mod. :P

Cheers

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2007, 02:04:53 am »
Quote from: Clarkson first episode of last series
And now we have to find out how fast the XKR is round our track and that of course means handing it over to our tame racing driver.

some say he once threw a microwave oven at a tramp

and

long before anyone else he realised that Jade Goody was A racist pig faced waste of blood and organs....

all we know is hes called the stig

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2007, 11:59:07 am »

Got a bit of a way with words don't he?!

Too true.
JFT97