Author Topic: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤  (Read 240546 times)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Reply #3520 on: March 17, 2024, 10:25:03 am »
Endo's the kind of guy who would make a great manager.

But has he been through any adversity?

If he has, then sod Alonso - get Wataru in as player-manager next season.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3521 on: March 17, 2024, 06:22:13 pm »
Had a very good game again IMO. Our best player together with VVD

Offline Upanishad

• Change is good
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • hi
« Reply #3522 on: March 17, 2024, 07:30:26 pm »
Only lyrics that needs are ‘Endo, Eh-Endo/our-endo”
No - only needs:

Endo, Wataru
Endo, Wataru

In Japan, people often use their surname first.
Voyager-1 is on course to approach a star called AC +793888, but it will only get to within two light-years of it and it will be tens of thousands of years before it does so.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3523 on: March 17, 2024, 08:08:20 pm »
Feel he could have taken a yellow to stop the counter but then on reflection the counter was too quick

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3524 on: March 19, 2024, 07:07:46 am »
Feel he could have taken a yellow to stop the counter but then on reflection the counter was too quick

Elliott should have rugby tackled the ball carrier to stop the counter. You even take a red in that instance because it's doubtful he was one of the penalty takers.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3525 on: March 21, 2024, 12:22:41 pm »
can we remember to pronounce his name right if we're going with that song ;D
YNWA.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3526 on: March 29, 2024, 01:03:56 am »
Waturu Endo wears a mouthguard.

Damn it we need some football soon. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #3527 on: March 30, 2024, 03:41:58 pm »
He has two books out in Japan - sadly Japanese language only, so I'd have to Google Translate them page by page.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3528 on: March 31, 2024, 04:01:38 pm »
Another good game from him. Stopped lots of attacks

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3529 on: March 31, 2024, 04:03:14 pm »
What a player. Alexis excels with him in support.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3530 on: March 31, 2024, 04:03:44 pm »
Wow!

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3531 on: March 31, 2024, 04:04:25 pm »
He never seems takes the ball off the CBS and moves up the pitch with the ball. Makes him very reliable - he’s never going to get his pocket picked. But it also means we make harder work of progressing the ball than we perhaps might.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3532 on: March 31, 2024, 04:04:35 pm »
What a player. Alexis excels with him in support.
Yup. No coincidence Alexis goes up a level since Endo got back from his tournament.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3533 on: March 31, 2024, 04:05:03 pm »
I can't believe Klopp had to answer a while back whether Endo and Macca can play together... Boss player.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #3534 on: March 31, 2024, 04:11:55 pm »
He never seems takes the ball off the CBS and moves up the pitch with the ball. Makes him very reliable - he’s never going to get his pocket picked. But it also means we make harder work of progressing the ball than we perhaps might.

Crazy to criticise him after that :D You’ve done it in a few threads, boom straight in there. Fair play.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3535 on: March 31, 2024, 04:28:24 pm »
Whether we win anything else or not its pretty clear the mingebags on here were flat wrong about Endo
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3536 on: March 31, 2024, 04:29:42 pm »
Love him.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #3537 on: March 31, 2024, 04:30:31 pm »

I actually feel like he gets his pocket picked quite frequently for being a 6. Happened more earlier in the season, so maybe he just needed to adjust to the pace of the game.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #3538 on: March 31, 2024, 04:33:37 pm »
But he also draws a marker to make space for the CBs to find Macca. I think bypassing Endo is part of our set up. Klopp wants the CBs to find Macca as much as possible. They are always looking for him.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3539 on: March 31, 2024, 04:36:33 pm »
Neat and tidy in possession but just not quick enough against counterattacks. Just ends up with players running off him. Doing a good job but we need a six with more pace against the counter.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3540 on: March 31, 2024, 05:05:07 pm »
Crazy to criticise him after that :D You’ve done it in a few threads, boom straight in there. Fair play.

2. And I’ve been very positive about players 2 others. And my comment on Endo was more of a discussion point than criticism. There are clearly benefits to not getting your pocket picked. Good to see your keeping track mind. Ironically you criticised most of our players in the process of picking up on one of my other posts.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3541 on: March 31, 2024, 05:29:59 pm »
Another good game from him. Stopped lots of attacks
he was excellent, as usual.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3542 on: March 31, 2024, 05:52:53 pm »
Neat and tidy in possession but just not quick enough against counterattacks. Just ends up with players running off him. Doing a good job but we need a six with more pace against the counter.

Al you've got such a vendetta against Endo that you've created this thing in your mind whereby every chance we concede is because of him. No 6 in the history of football can cover the whole pitch and stop all midfield runners, especially against Brighton, and especially when part of his role is to actually at times press high up the pitch.

Now of course Endo would be a better player if he was faster. But he's doing a fucking great job regardless, and that great job extends much, much further than him being "neat and tidy in possession".
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3543 on: March 31, 2024, 06:05:29 pm »
Al you've got such a vendetta against Endo that you've created this thing in your mind whereby every chance we concede is because of him. No 6 in the history of football can cover the whole pitch and stop all midfield runners, especially against Brighton, and especially when part of his role is to actually at times press high up the pitch.

Now of course Endo would be a better player if he was faster. But he's doing a fucking great job regardless, and that great job extends much, much further than him being "neat and tidy in possession".

It isn't about covering the whole pitch. It is about his man running off the back of him because he isn't quick enough. It happens multiple times in each game. Their goal would be an example he is running back but as soon as the Brighton player sprints Endo can't match him. The same thing happened in the 2nd half when Wellbeck ran away from him and got his shot off.

It happened in the United game. It is a weakness in his game. You can ignore it if you want but it is there. Endo has done a great job for us and has been vital in us being top of the League.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3544 on: March 31, 2024, 06:10:52 pm »
Their goal would be an example he is running back but as soon as the Brighton player sprints Endo can't match him.

Thank you for proving my point. For their goal, Endo is tracking Pascal Gross stride for stride until he reaches our back line, at which point he passes him on / let's him get himself into an offside position. At no point is Gross involved in their build-up or goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3VY7DccqM

And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3545 on: March 31, 2024, 06:19:05 pm »
Thank you for proving my point. For their goal, Endo is tracking Pascal Gross stride for stride until he reaches our back line, at which point he passes him on / let's him get himself into an offside position. At no point is Gross involved in their build-up or goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3VY7DccqM

Passing him on to who?

Macca isn't getting back and Quansah goes to the ball and Gross ends up in 5 yards of space.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3546 on: March 31, 2024, 06:21:27 pm »
Passing him on to who?

Macca isn't getting back and Quansah goes to the ball and Gross ends up in 5 yards of space offside.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3547 on: March 31, 2024, 06:27:00 pm »
He looked knackered today but was still a presence and played well.

Positionally he wasn’t his usual self but I chalk that up to Brighton being quite clever with how they positioned the midfield during counter attacks, coupled with our bad decision making on the edge of their area in the second half.

Played well.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #3548 on: March 31, 2024, 06:31:06 pm »
I understand the criticism, but the team works much better with Macca with Endo than Macca without Endo.  No one else can fill this role well enough to take him out of the side.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3549 on: March 31, 2024, 06:34:39 pm »

Van Dijk is playing him on because Quansah has had to come out and face up Adingra.

endo" border="0

Endo hasn't done anything. He hasn't come across to face up Adingra and he has let Gross go. Quansah ends up 2v1 against both Adingra and Gross. Just because the pass doesn't come it doesn't mean it wasn't poor play by Endo.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3550 on: March 31, 2024, 06:36:53 pm »
I understand the criticism, but the team works much better with Macca with Endo than Macca without Endo.  No one else can fill this role well enough to take him out of the side.

In possession yes. However, as the first goal showed both Macca and Endo lack recovery pace.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #3551 on: March 31, 2024, 07:09:40 pm »
Boss player. Brilliant!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3552 on: March 31, 2024, 07:18:44 pm »
Van Dijk is playing him on because Quansah has had to come out and face up Adingra.

endo" border="0

Endo hasn't done anything. He hasn't come across to face up Adingra and he has let Gross go. Quansah ends up 2v1 against both Adingra and Gross. Just because the pass doesn't come it doesn't mean it wasn't poor play by Endo.

Just embarrassing, as per.

You've taken a screenshot at a millisecond where a through ball would have put Gross in without him being tracked by Endo or offside. Only issue with this is that Adringa clearly isn't about to pass the ball.

In real time, Endo is tracking Gross perfectly well, and then makes a decision to stop as he see Gross is running to the defenders and then following that, offside.

How you can proportion any blame to him for the goal when neither he nor the man he was marking were in anyway involved is just ridiculous. True to form though I guess.

Offline WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #3553 on: March 31, 2024, 07:29:39 pm »
He’s had a solid game today for me. Mopped up a lot and broke up moves, but most importantly freed up the best player on the pitch to do his thing. He’s an important part of why we are 2 points clear at the top at Easter - yahooo!

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3554 on: March 31, 2024, 07:31:51 pm »
Just embarrassing, as per.

You've taken a screenshot at a millisecond where a through ball would have put Gross in without him being tracked by Endo or offside. Only issue with this is that Adringa clearly isn't about to pass the ball.

In real time, Endo is tracking Gross perfectly well, and then makes a decision to stop as he see Gross is running to the defenders and then following that, offside.

How you can proportion any blame to him for the goal when neither he nor the man he was marking were in anyway involved is just ridiculous. True to form though I guess.

You are tying yourself up in knots there mate. I haven't blamed Endo for the goal. I am blaming him for letting Gross go and leaving Quansah 2v1 against Adingra and Gross. At first you said Endo passed him on to Quansah. How can you pass a player on to someone who has to go to the ball?

As a defensive midfield player you can't let your man go and hope the pass doesn't come and hope that the attacker ends up offside. As I said it isn't an isolated incident Wellbeck ran away from him in the second half. It is a weakness in his game and is exacerbated by Macca not being the quickest either. They complement each other in possession but create issues during transitions.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3555 on: March 31, 2024, 07:39:48 pm »
Recovery pace is so overrated. Reading the game is 100 times more important for a DM.
Look at Fabinho, Rodri, Busquets, Rice...

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3556 on: March 31, 2024, 07:46:38 pm »
Recovery pace is so overrated. Reading the game is 100 times more important for a DM.

All these players could cover a lot of ground pretty quickly at their peak.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3557 on: March 31, 2024, 07:53:55 pm »

Rice is really athletic. Then the other teams have coping mechanisms. With Fabinho we had Henderson and Wijnaldum who added real athleticism. City use the searing pace of Walker to cover for Rodri and Barca used a really mobile centreback pushing into midfield like a Puyol or Mascherano.

We have a number of players who don't have great pace in midfield. For me, Macca and Endo aren't great off the ball during transitions. Throw in Elliott at times and we have issues. Brighton really targeted our right hand side in the first half.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3558 on: March 31, 2024, 08:13:33 pm »
You need pace when youre in the wrong place. Being in the right place is much better.

Its the same with sliding tackles. Its a sign of weakness, not strength, when you have to go to ground. But fans sure love a sprint and a desperate slide.

VVD is fast, but he hardly ever needs it. And he very seldom goes for a sliding tackle.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3559 on: March 31, 2024, 08:18:09 pm »
You need pace when youre in the wrong place. Being in the right place is much better.

Its the same with sliding tackles. Its a sign of weakness, not strength, when you have to go to ground. But fans sure love a sprint and a desperate slide.

VVD is fast, but he hardly ever needs it. And he very seldom goes for a sliding tackle.

The issue though is that for a six he ends up ahead of the ball too often and then can't recover. It happened in the United game over and over again.
"Ohhh-kayyy"