Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 981506 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #10200 on: July 27, 2023, 01:59:26 pm »
Excellent as ever from Jurgen. How I dread the day that it's he who is saying goodbye
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10201 on: July 27, 2023, 02:16:24 pm »
Wasn't sure where to post this (any relevant thread seems to get locked any time there's something actually worth discussing strangely), but I thought it was interesting hearing Klopp talk about a preference for long-serving captains.

I'm sure it'll be VVD, but I wonder if TAA will be considered considering he's probably going to play the majority of the remainder of his career at Liverpool and will most likely be the favourite for the captaincy next time it's available.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10202 on: July 27, 2023, 02:17:14 pm »
Having said that, I'm not sure if it'll be Klopp's decision or whether it's the type of thing the squad votes on?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10203 on: July 27, 2023, 02:40:51 pm »
Klopp always keeping it classy.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10204 on: July 27, 2023, 02:44:30 pm »
Wasn't sure where to post this (any relevant thread seems to get locked any time there's something actually worth discussing strangely), but I thought it was interesting hearing Klopp talk about a preference for long-serving captains.

I'm sure it'll be VVD, but I wonder if TAA will be considered considering he's probably going to play the majority of the remainder of his career at Liverpool and will most likely be the favourite for the captaincy next time it's available.
I think it will be VVD and Ali

I would be tempted to go with Robbo and possibly Ali vice captain but I am not Jurgen

classy statement with Henderson.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10205 on: July 27, 2023, 03:22:45 pm »

difference is now, he’s making a decision later in his time here as manager, his Mainz and BVB captains where chosen when he started there. 

I would be surprised if it wasn’t Virgil. With Ali as 2nd in command! 

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10206 on: July 27, 2023, 03:27:40 pm »
difference is now, he’s making a decision later in his time here as manager, his Mainz and BVB captains where chosen when he started there. 

I agree although I hope Mo is recognised in the Leadership Group. He is a great role model for young players in every respect and has shown loyalty to the Club.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10207 on: July 27, 2023, 03:28:50 pm »
I agree although I hope Mo is recognised in the Leadership Group. He is a great role model for young players in every respect and has shown loyalty to the Club.

defo agree with that, I’d like to see Mo and Trent in that group.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10208 on: July 27, 2023, 03:54:09 pm »
Since we can't talk about it elsewhere - aren't VVD and Mo effectively near the end of their deals?

Mo - next summer will be an interesting one - if anyone doesn't believe Saudi will be after him - they are deluding themselves. He will also be 33(?)
VVD - next summer he has 2 years left? I'd also expect Saudi to come for him - and he'll be 34 next summer (?)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10209 on: July 27, 2023, 04:36:50 pm »
Since we can't talk about it elsewhere - aren't VVD and Mo effectively near the end of their deals?

Mo - next summer will be an interesting one - if anyone doesn't believe Saudi will be after him - they are deluding themselves. He will also be 33(?)
VVD - next summer he has 2 years left? I'd also expect Saudi to come for him - and he'll be 34 next summer (?)

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #10210 on: July 27, 2023, 04:59:14 pm »
Good to see Jürgen call him a legend.  If it's good enough for Jürgen, it's good enough for me.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #10211 on: July 27, 2023, 05:02:26 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10212 on: July 27, 2023, 05:09:02 pm »
Good to see Jürgen call him a legend.  If it's good enough for Jürgen, it's good enough for me.

*we can’t take what footballers or manager say at face value. It’s all PR, and we shouldn’t put them on pedestals. Behind closed doors he probably doesn’t care about Henderson. The club and PL are pushing this stance*

Am I doing it right?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #10213 on: July 27, 2023, 05:43:08 pm »
If he didn't care about Hendo he wouldn't have kept in the squad or as captain for so long..........but whatever.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #10214 on: July 27, 2023, 05:43:29 pm »
*we can’t take what footballers or manager say at face value. It’s all PR, and we shouldn’t put them on pedestals. Behind closed doors he probably doesn’t care about Henderson. The club and PL are pushing this stance*

Am I doing it right?

It depends where you stand...whether you think Klopp is being sincere and honest in his opinion of Henderson or towing the party line and basically being 2 faced.

Personally, I think Klopp is being genuine in his thoughts on Henderson as a player and on his departure. I don't see Klopp as a person who waits till it's safe to do so, to state his personal and individual thoughts about anything.

Klopp even wished the best of luck to 'Becs and the kids' that seemed a nice, personal friendly touch to me.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 05:45:35 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10215 on: July 27, 2023, 06:09:37 pm »
I think he’s been very sincere. Hence I wasn’t getting the shouts yesterday about the silence from the club, and by him as being on purpose. Said it a couple times here I’d expect his reaction to be positive to Henderson.

Thing is, I think many would be surprised/shocked as to how little football people care about what is going on with this Saudi league and what it stands for.

Although it would be interesting if he did one day speak about the LGBTQ ally thing with Henderson, as to what his thoughts are on that.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10216 on: July 27, 2023, 06:23:04 pm »
I think he’s been very sincere. Hence I wasn’t getting the shouts yesterday about the silence from the club, and by him as being on purpose. Said it a couple times here I’d expect his reaction to be positive to Henderson.

Thing is, I think many would be surprised/shocked as to how little football people care about what is going on with this Saudi league and what it stands for.

Although it would be interesting if he did one day speak about the LGBTQ ally thing with Henderson, as to what his thoughts are on that.

the post-retirement books from Klopp and Henderson are gonna be very interesting.

imo it's only then that we, the great unwashed, get snippets of exactly wtf went on behind closed doors.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10217 on: July 27, 2023, 06:26:20 pm »
I think Klopp’s goodbye to hendo was very sincere, klopp is so charismatic anyway. I don’t think he’d have wanted him to go either.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10218 on: July 27, 2023, 06:29:49 pm »
I think Klopp’s goodbye to hendo was very sincere, klopp is so charismatic anyway. I don’t think he’d have wanted him to go either.
you're not the Becs Klopp mentioned - right?

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10219 on: July 27, 2023, 06:41:07 pm »

You can't just use that as a blanket statement though, some football people will care more than others. They're a reflection of society really, not sure why people would expect "football people" to care more so.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10220 on: July 27, 2023, 06:45:33 pm »
Of course Klopp was being sincere, it's entirely what he is about with most of his former players and Henderson was never going to be any different. Besides which he pretty much made it clear, he was happy for the players to leave, so it was a win-win situation.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10221 on: July 27, 2023, 06:48:15 pm »
You can't just use that as a blanket statement though, some football people will care more than others. They're a reflection of society really, not sure why people would expect "football people" to care more so.

yeah I agree it was a bit too blanket a statement. But honestly at the very highest level, I see little to make me think there is any sort of backlash or questiioning of sportswashing or what is going on now with the Saudi league. I’ve mentioned why before - these are very very rich men, most have been coddled you could say since they where teenages. And footballers at this level tend to be protected, they are living in a bubble, with just their fellow footballers around them in their ‘work’ life, and then family and a close group of friends. And then - a few hangers on no doubt who’s only interest is in keeping on their good side! It’s sheltered, I really do believe that most just don’t give a shit.

And I don’t include Klopp in this group, I’m talking more about players.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #10222 on: July 27, 2023, 08:01:58 pm »
Does Klopp drive a Subaru, as well. The tramp.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10223 on: July 27, 2023, 08:44:34 pm »
If Klopp ups and goes and manages Al Falafel, for £2 Million a week, what do you think of him then?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10224 on: July 27, 2023, 08:47:27 pm »
If Klopp ups and goes and manages Al Falafel, for £2 Million a week, what do you think of him then?

A bigger con job of a c*nt than David Blaine.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10225 on: July 27, 2023, 08:52:12 pm »

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10226 on: July 27, 2023, 08:58:17 pm »
I was only joking.   :P

(Thought the asterisks made that clear.)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10227 on: July 27, 2023, 09:34:49 pm »
Al Falafel. Classy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10228 on: July 27, 2023, 10:38:50 pm »
Does Klopp drive a Subaru, as well. The tramp.

He drives a Vauxhall.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10229 on: July 27, 2023, 10:46:35 pm »
He drives a Vauxhall.
He’s being rather Cavalier over this topic. The divvy.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10230 on: July 28, 2023, 12:53:10 am »
I suppose Klopp will announce VVD as new captain in the next press conference. Im really curious as to what he will reply when they ask him about Henderson criticism from part of the fan base.  He is going to have to defend Henderson while not dismissing the sentiment from a significant portion of the match going reds.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10231 on: July 28, 2023, 01:24:30 am »
I get that Klopp seems a pretty progressive guy but I feel like if there are people seriously questioning the sincerity of his well-wishes to Hendo, well, I feel like you are setting yourself up for more future disappointment projecting your feelings like that. Don't forget the amount of time and days he has been working side by side with Henderson the past 8 years, that's a long time. Nevermind the rollercoaster of emotions and experiences they've shared.

As much as we the fans can make out we have a deep connection with the players, the reality is they are only ever one unfavorable transfer move away from that bond being severed. I understand there is more to this one but it's still true. That's not the case for Klopp or people who know him personally and will genuinely want Henderson to be doing well in life and happy.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10232 on: July 28, 2023, 02:38:21 am »
I get that Klopp seems a pretty progressive guy but I feel like if there are people seriously questioning the sincerity of his well-wishes to Hendo, well, I feel like you are setting yourself up for more future disappointment projecting your feelings like that. Don't forget the amount of time and days he has been working side by side with Henderson the past 8 years, that's a long time. Nevermind the rollercoaster of emotions and experiences they've shared.

As much as we the fans can make out we have a deep connection with the players, the reality is they are only ever one unfavorable transfer move away from that bond being severed. I understand there is more to this one but it's still true. That's not the case for Klopp or people who know him personally and will genuinely want Henderson to be doing well in life and happy.

He will always genuinely love Hendo, for as long as he has a hole in his arse.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10233 on: July 28, 2023, 04:44:32 pm »

Yeah, that's probably the way I'd go. Ali or Robbo as VC.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10234 on: July 28, 2023, 07:44:34 pm »
Klopp is a pretty well rounded human being IMO so I'm pretty sure he can love Hendo the man and footballer whilst simultaneously not agreeing with his decision/stance on joining the Saudi league
Which I'm sure was part of the conversations they will most certainly have had in recent weeks. Klopp even says that some of their conversations have been difficult, that may have been one of them

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10235 on: July 28, 2023, 08:37:54 pm »

Who’s questioning it?

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #10236 on: July 28, 2023, 09:59:49 pm »
He drives a Vauxhall.
Think you’ll find it was an Opel.  ;)
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10237 on: July 28, 2023, 10:23:12 pm »
Who’s questioning it?

Nobody that I've seen.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10238 on: July 29, 2023, 01:05:26 am »

Keyzer Soze levels of deception.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #10239 on: July 29, 2023, 01:21:15 am »

Curling looks boss