Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 984626 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #10120 on: June 16, 2023, 06:52:01 pm »
Happy birthday Jurgen Klopp eyyyy

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10121 on: June 17, 2023, 02:38:00 am »
Happy birthday to the boss, and a wish for belated presents in May!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10122 on: June 17, 2023, 03:06:00 am »
I just love the man. His arrival brought so much hope and he absolutely lived up to it. Just a shame he's working in an era of cheating from our opponents or he'd have the trophy count that he deserves. Still, winning everything is pretty good!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline darknite

• Kemlynite
  • Forever Bleedin' RED
« Reply #10123 on: June 22, 2023, 09:05:35 am »
I'm not saying he's perfect or anything. He did make mistakes, like any human.
But my word - the man deserves CREDIT for what he did with us.

To be able to win 1 PL, 1 UCL and all those other trophies, is Awesome.
To be able to consistently challenge Man City when they have Pep and their wealth is .... unbelievable.

It's not a simple case of just Man City being super rich. They are, but the key thing is, they're also so much more than that.  They prepared years in advance for Pep's arrival.
Here's one of the best coaches in the world over the last decade (or 2) with that kind of backing. How on earth can you challenge them, win 1 PL off them, and run them so close that only sheer luck (1 point) won them the 2 league titles.
LFC isn't a "poor" club by any means, by we are run like a normal club. You have ups and downs, hits and misses.

Man City have:
- immense financial might AND
- willingness to stay by their methods (whether legal/fair), AND
- incredibly well run (scouting included), AND
- Pep
means that they can afford to ignore mistakes in their player investments, unlike most clubs. A 50m full-back doesn't work? Get another one. Get 1 of the 2 most coveted centre-back in the world - spare no effort. Another 30m/50m/100m midfielder? done.
What I'm saying is: it's not just Man City is all about money, it's that they're money plus ALL else that's going for them.

LFC, on the other hand, got it almost 100% perfect in getting Salah + Alisson + Van Dijk + Robertson + Fabinho, and a system of playing, to get to that level. A more realistic and "normal" next few transfers like Keita, Thiago and the injury situation immediately makes us mortal again. Unlike them, we cannot afford any mistakes or ill fortune. We don't have that kind of leeway which only they have (maybe also Real Madrid to a lesser extent). We had to be superhuman to match or beat them (and we were, for the last few years).

I'm not arguing Klopp is better than Pep or the other round, I think they're both top coaches/managers. But Klopp simply does not have the tools and environment that Pep has in Man City. You cannot just look at gross spend or net spend alone. Man City did very good business too (hence they ARE well-run, not like e.g. Man Utd over the last few years), which makes their net spend figures very respectable. But the fact is that, they typically have no restrictions getting to what/who they want, and more to spare. Pep can, and has, immediate chances to remedy whatever mistakes, or changes of mind, almost as/when he wants to. He will be supported fully. Just look at the STRENGTH IN DEPTH he has in almost all positions over last 5 years, the "next 11" team or even "next 22" team that he can call upon.

That's the luxury Klopp (and other managers) don't have. Klopp achieved what he did, with great coaching, strength of will, some luck of course - what I think almost no one else can, from 2017 onwards. How can you not respect and thank him for this? I don't think anyone can argue, without Klopp and his LFC, EPL would be a bore since Pep's 2nd season. No one will even come close. And we won't have seen the multi >95 point seasons that we've seen.

Respect.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10124 on: June 23, 2023, 10:36:02 am »
Germany are desperate for Jurgen Klopp – but would he really leave Liverpool?

https://theathletic.com/4632504/2023/06/23/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-germany-job/

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10125 on: June 23, 2023, 10:39:25 am »

He said some time ago he would respect his contract with us.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10126 on: June 23, 2023, 11:57:49 am »

lol at the Athletic, some ‘journo’ took the time to write that clickbait filler, even though Jürgen’s agent Marc Kosicke had already said the day before when asked on Sky Germany: "It's a media issue, Jürgen has a contract in Liverpool until 2026 and he intends to fulfil it."

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #10127 on: June 23, 2023, 12:01:15 pm »
I still don't think he'd manage at international level. Nothing even to do with the quality of it all, I think he just prefers the idea of working with players day by day which you can't really do in the international set up. Maybe if there's nothing that appeals to him at club level after leaving here though. Will have a fair choice of jobs but he obviously seems partial to the sort of 'project' jobs like Liverpool or a Dortmund. Would like to see him succeed elsewhere of course but I'd be too jealous seeing him win more league titles or European Cups so hopefully it is Germany  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10128 on: June 23, 2023, 12:07:49 pm »
I still don't think he'd manage at international level. Nothing even to do with the quality of it all, I think he just prefers the idea of working with players day by day which you can't really do in the international set up. Maybe if there's nothing that appeals to him at club level after leaving here though. Will have a fair choice of jobs but he obviously seems partial to the sort of 'project' jobs like Liverpool or a Dortmund. Would like to see him succeed elsewhere of course but I'd be too jealous seeing him win more league titles or European Cups so hopefully it is Germany  ;D

He’s said he’d like to at some point (Germany that is, not just some random country!), partly because his sons would like him to!

All about timing though isn’t it. It’s funny, cos I got the impression that for Hansi Flick this was like the ultimate, cushy job, and he’d be in it for years and years, but at the moment his just about clinging onto the job. 

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10129 on: June 23, 2023, 02:39:18 pm »

This is such clickbait I wouldn't even post this crap.

As DN said his agent already dismissed this on Sky Germany two days ago.  ;D

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #10130 on: June 23, 2023, 02:51:48 pm »
Jurgen is probably relaxing having a beer on a beach somewhere oblivious to the Germany rumours and not stressing 1 bit about why we haven't signed anyone beyond a World Cup winner and one of the best midfielders in the PL last season.

That's the way it should be too.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10131 on: June 23, 2023, 03:25:33 pm »
Even  Jimbo Pearce, The Athletics LFC guy is gonig against that clickbait shit.   ;D

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1672161119111094272

Jurgen Klopp is destined to manage his country one day but not anytime soon.
While Germany dream of him riding to the rescue and reviving their fortunes ahead of next summer's Euros on home turf, he’s preoccupied with masterminding #LFC's resurgence.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10132 on: June 23, 2023, 04:45:29 pm »
Even  Jimbo Pearce, The Athletics LFC guy is gonig against that clickbait shit.   ;D

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1672161119111094272
He wrote the article you called clickbait

In fact that tweet links to the same article  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10133 on: June 23, 2023, 04:48:11 pm »
He doesn't write the clickbait headline though mate.  :D

Online KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10134 on: June 26, 2023, 05:28:32 pm »
Sort of a strange vibe to our summer so far. From the players were being linked with I still can’t really see the vision Klopp has. Fingers crossed he pulls it off again.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10135 on: June 26, 2023, 08:13:51 pm »
Sort of a strange vibe to our summer so far. From the players were being linked with I still can’t really see the vision Klopp has. Fingers crossed he pulls it off again.

That's why we're posting on here and he is where we'd all like to be.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10136 on: June 28, 2023, 10:29:58 pm »
New pic of Kloppo.  8)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10137 on: June 30, 2023, 04:44:27 pm »

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #10138 on: July 7, 2023, 08:33:01 am »
Really good multi part documentary on Jurgen by TAW. Well done to all who put it together. Superb.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #10139 on: July 7, 2023, 10:48:07 am »
Really good multi part documentary on Jurgen by TAW. Well done to all who put it together. Superb.

its great. Seen the latest ( episode 5) is now available too
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10140 on: July 7, 2023, 12:15:33 pm »

It's fantastic.

Rarely is an individual spoke about in such glowing terms, not even his managerial qualities but just his qualities as a human being. That old Mainz announcer with his pint reminiscing and you could see he was genuinely emotional, that's the power of football but also great people like Jürgen, they leave a lasting mark. Dreading the day he leaves.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10141 on: July 8, 2023, 11:20:33 am »
Guess who’s back to work 😎

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T7hpU5Tz-9g

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10142 on: July 8, 2023, 11:23:17 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10143 on: July 13, 2023, 08:23:00 pm »
Kloppo talking about being a grandad  😍

Vid:
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1679513517244678144?s=20

Text for non Twotterers:

“Finally, I don’t only look like one, I am one, so that’s cool! It’s perfect, an absolutely perfect summer. We both thought it’s a real blessing that we could be around for about four weeks to see him growing and all these kind of things, going through all the first phases.

“Yes, staying on the sideline but being involved anyway. It was good, really good, and everything is good – mum is good, dad is good and baby is good as well. It’s long ago that we were in that role, to be honest, but I can tell you it’s like riding a bike, you don’t lose it so it was there immediately again.

“It’s just beautiful, the most beautiful thing I experienced, probably, in the last 30-odd years, to welcome such a little wonderful human being.”

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #10144 on: July 13, 2023, 09:35:03 pm »
He’s the last thread holding me to football

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10145 on: July 13, 2023, 09:45:38 pm »
Me too I think. Not sure. But I think so.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #10146 on: July 13, 2023, 09:55:52 pm »

I have a feeling when Klopp leaves a few of us are going to really have to consider if it's worth it anymore.

I know that sounds like I support Klopp FC and not Liverpool FC, but the way the game is going there won't be much left to support really.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #10147 on: July 13, 2023, 10:02:55 pm »

I’ve felt that way for a few years to be honest. I’m semi looking forward to the time he does leave so I can take a massive step back.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10148 on: July 13, 2023, 10:16:38 pm »
I have a feeling when Klopp leaves a few of us are going to really have to consider if it's worth it anymore.

I know that sounds like I support Klopp FC and not Liverpool FC, but the way the game is going there won't be much left to support really.

It's touch and go at the moment whether I'll even bother with next season.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10149 on: July 13, 2023, 10:44:30 pm »

I understand that too.

I’ve felt that way for a few years to be honest. I’m semi looking forward to the time he does leave so I can take a massive step back.

I confess I'd be a bit afraid to take the step back. I don't remember my life before football was in it. There's cricket I guess and that's been a big part of my life too. The Ashes at the moment feels to me like it has a purity and integrity that footy no longer posseses. And it's as exhilarating as the best of footy....almost.

Klopp keeps me going though. I admire that man so much. The football his teams play - our team - is clearly brilliant and inspirational. But there's so much more going on with Jurgen. He represents us in the way we surely want to be represented. As our best selves. It'll be very difficult when he finally calls it a day.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #10150 on: July 13, 2023, 10:58:50 pm »
I’ve basically been checked out for a few years already, but a day like today actually gives me a little spark in a strange way.  Klopp as a mega elite manager is obviously impressive but he’s still been playing the elite role and there are plenty around who can do that.  Whereas a Klopp who’s really up against it, who gets his top guys poached and has to fashion a side using unexpected odds & ends - that’s the true thrilling Klopp and if this gives him a fire in his belly and he fancies building an entirely new gang of hungry young killers, why yes I’ll have some of that thanks.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10151 on: July 13, 2023, 11:23:57 pm »
I understand that too.

I confess I'd be a bit afraid to take the step back. I don't remember my life before football was in it. There's cricket I guess and that's been a big part of my life too. The Ashes at the moment feels to me like it has a purity and integrity that footy no longer posseses. And it's as exhilarating as the best of footy....almost.

Klopp keeps me going though. I admire that man so much. The football his teams play - our team - is clearly brilliant and inspirational. But there's so much more going on with Jurgen. He represents us in the way we surely want to be represented. As our best selves. It'll be very difficult when he finally calls it a day.

Agree man. Simply love Jurgen.

This is how supporters must have felt back in the day when pondering what life would be like without Shanks.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #10152 on: July 13, 2023, 11:53:47 pm »
Yeah but what has he ever won for us??

Overrated as a manager really. Shite even.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10153 on: July 14, 2023, 12:45:06 am »
I can’t prove it or anything but my guess is as we get older we fall out of love with the game, I’m sure we all have older family members who lost interest years ago. It doesn’t happen with everyone but it seems like it’s happening to me now. I no longer watch many games in a season if they don’t involve Liverpool, even big games I normally don’t care about.

Klopp is someone who has attracted the young and old in his time here and everywhere else he’s been. He is someone who keeps me interested and you can only be in aw of him as a manager. With all the talk of ex and current players going to the Saudi league.. I don’t really care and it’s not unexpected. If Klopp were to go there though it would honestly hurt because I’m convinced he has similar morals to us.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10154 on: July 14, 2023, 01:57:46 am »
This isn't the first time we've had an inspirational figure beyond whom it's hard to imagine LFC ever being the same. Ten years ago we were probably wondering if there'd ever be another worthy of joining the pantheon. One can only hope it's just a question of time; yes, times are darker than most of us can remember, but there were darker times before us and yet good people still emerged.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10155 on: July 14, 2023, 02:42:02 am »

Same. We’ll likely be a way off the pace once he leaves, and the game will be dominated by state backed sides (already is to be fair).

It’ll be like those videos you see of the day Shankly left Liverpool.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10156 on: July 16, 2023, 10:27:28 am »
Jurgen is Wonderful but no manager or player comes before Liverpool Football Club, when we are all gone and well forgot, Our great club will still be here.
By then City would of won 56 titles and 35 European cups with Newcastle winning the others.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10157 on: July 16, 2023, 05:25:31 pm »

I'm in the same boat, I think. When I was young, I was drawn more to the euphoria of the game, the results and the success in the late 70's onward. But growing older, the intrinsic values gained more weight. Nowadays with sportswashing, little is left of those common human values and I really don't know how to feel about any of that. I get the money appeal. I will never be in a situation to earn an annual salary in a week or a day, so it's wrong for me to pass judgement, but hell, where does greed stop?! Top footballers are already paid a ton, they are set for life if they use the money wisely. Sure, they can blow them on anything, but they can blow 1 million or 10 million all the same. What consideration beyond money is left in their minds? That's the part I don't get.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10158 on: July 16, 2023, 05:49:18 pm »

Easy to say, I'll never stop but then I stopped giving a fuck about other sides and results years ago, just pure LFC like it was when I was a kid.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #10159 on: July 16, 2023, 10:06:52 pm »
Whisper is, it’s congratulations to Grandad Jürgen.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family