Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 169258 times)

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Garcia
« Reply #800 on: July 7, 2014, 03:38:22 pm »

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #801 on: July 7, 2014, 03:55:20 pm »
Seems he didn't like retirement for long. :P

Don't worry mate. The standard of Indian football is so poor that Luis probably wouldn't have to exit second gear in order to get the fans out of their seats.

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #802 on: July 7, 2014, 04:13:45 pm »
Still looked class in the game for the 96 at the end of the season. Definitely got enough in the tank for the run out in the somewhat sub-par (at a guess!) Indian league!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #803 on: July 8, 2014, 02:31:58 pm »
Such a sweetheart.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #804 on: November 6, 2014, 10:49:19 pm »
Luis Garcia brought his son Joel to Anfield on Oct 31st and took a cute photo

http://instagram.com/p/uz25IQMUH5/?modal=true
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: November 8, 2014, 04:35:02 am »
Luis Garcia brought his son Joel to Anfield on Oct 31st and took a cute photo

http://instagram.com/p/uz25IQMUH5/?modal=true

sign him up!

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: December 20, 2014, 04:26:18 am »
Atletico de Kolkata, featuring Luis Garcia and Josemi have reached the ISL final match against Kerala Blasters

To be played Saturday, Dec 20th.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2014/12/19/7230952/luis-garcia-in-one-game-anything-can-happen
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: December 20, 2014, 05:34:18 pm »
Luis Garcia and Atletico de Kolkata have won the Indian Super League's first season's final tournament match 1-0 over David James (yes, that David James) in goal and as player-manager for Kerala Blasters.

Hilariously bad article from the Echo:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-garcias-atletico-kolkata-win-8323675

Although it looks like Luis Garcia was only a sub and didn't actually play, although Josemi did play all 90' as a CB
http://sports.ndtv.com/indian-super-league-2014/matchcentre/?league=india_sl&gamecode=2014122013849

edit:  It's Indian Super League
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:37:21 pm by zabadoh »

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #808 on: December 20, 2014, 06:55:48 pm »
Luis Garcia and Atletico de Kolkata have won the Indian Soccer League's first season's final tournament match 1-0 over David James (yes, that David James) in goal and as player-manager for Kerala Blasters.

Hilariously bad article from the Echo:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-garcias-atletico-kolkata-win-8323675

Although it looks like Luis Garcia was only a sub and didn't actually play, although Josemi did play all 90' as a CB
http://sports.ndtv.com/indian-super-league-2014/matchcentre/?league=india_sl&gamecode=2014122013849

According to that second link Luis won the Most Exciting Player of the League award. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: December 21, 2014, 03:24:14 am »
Josemi got the award for Fittest Player in the League for playing every minute of Atl. De Kolkata's season ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:35:46 pm by zabadoh »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #810 on: December 21, 2014, 03:33:13 am »
HE DRINKS SANGRIA
HE CAME FROM BARCA TO BRING US JOY
HE'S FIVE FOOT SEVEN
HE'S FOOTBALL HEAVEN

CAN WE HAVE OUR LUIS BACK (from 2004/2005 times) :(
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #811 on: December 26, 2014, 11:23:00 pm »
Luis Garcia, he drinks....

https://vine.co/v/OHgquMjZuqK

Jagerbombs apparently.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: February 7, 2015, 10:14:49 am »
Garcia on Soccer AM now.

Miss his big game goals
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #814 on: March 29, 2015, 10:12:31 pm »
Great to see Luis back and sing his song again, been a really enjoyable and nostalgic day.  :scarf
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: March 29, 2015, 10:49:34 pm »
Great to see Luis back and sing his song again, been a really enjoyable and nostalgic day.  :scarf

Always great to see Luis back, he's got one of my favourite songs and he's such a great ambassador for the club too.

By the way, I have always sung "He came from Barca, to bring us joy" yet more and more people I hear sing "He came from Barca, to Liverpool" - what's that all about, people just mishearing it like Chinese Whispers?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #816 on: March 29, 2015, 10:54:17 pm »
Always great to see Luis back, he's got one of my favourite songs and he's such a great ambassador for the club too.

By the way, I have always sung "He came from Barca, to bring us joy" yet more and more people I hear sing "He came from Barca, to Liverpool" - what's that all about, people just mishearing it like Chinese Whispers?

That is the right version. Its a bit like 'we had heighway on the wing' and most sing 'Stevie Heighway on the wing'. Just one of those things where the regulars know the real version and others piece bits together and sing.  ;D

Edit: Oh yeah, 'Ohhh Campione' being sang as 'Ohhh Champione' is another one!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:56:54 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: March 29, 2015, 11:09:08 pm »
That is the right version. Its a bit like 'we had heighway on the wing' and most sing 'Stevie Heighway on the wing'. Just one of those things where the regulars know the real version and others piece bits together and sing.  ;D

Edit: Oh yeah, 'Ohhh Campione' being sang as 'Ohhh Champione' is another one!

Haha, I went mental at the Man City fans at the start of the season in our away game when they were taunting us with Campione, Campione, Ole Ole Ole - but the only thing pissing me off was the fact that they were singing Champione, it does my head in!

And yeah, I sing "We had Heighway" too. ;)

Offline rvk_1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #818 on: June 24, 2015, 09:12:29 am »
Happy Birthday to King Luis

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #819 on: June 24, 2015, 01:10:50 pm »
Aw, same day as my mate's - he'll be made up! (And I share mine with Xabi Alonso which I am equally pleased about!) :D
We are a team of one half.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: July 24, 2015, 01:31:31 pm »
Luis is currently on LFC TV... making Sangria... while singing, Luis Garcia, he makes Sangria :o :scarf

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #821 on: July 24, 2015, 03:14:30 pm »
I like how Luis Garcia has got a role in the club behind the scenes. Seems like a great guy, Luis.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #822 on: July 24, 2015, 04:59:59 pm »
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #823 on: July 24, 2015, 05:35:37 pm »
I've seen some de the pics of him and Didi on tour and they've really looked like they've enjoyed it and being part of the club again. Hadn't expected Luis to do that given he doesn't live here but really pleased and hope he continues. You know he'll always love us and people love him :)
We are a team of one half.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #824 on: November 17, 2015, 01:52:33 am »
Luis Garcia still has it - a 16 yard looping header over a helpless goalie (plus a fine Hamman drive too) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihVK-YPgo4

Seem he gave some out to the ref too :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #825 on: January 7, 2016, 08:20:36 pm »
He scored twice in Sydney yesterday and is still sickeningly handsome. The best Luis we've had ;)

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: January 8, 2016, 01:09:52 am »
Great to see him in red again.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: January 8, 2016, 03:39:16 am »
Wife:  Why's that young fella playing in this game?
Me: He's in his late thirties
Wife:  Oh wow..
Me: *gets mop*

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #828 on: January 8, 2016, 01:50:11 pm »
Sign him on a six month deal Jurgen, we could do worse! ;)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #829 on: January 8, 2016, 01:59:08 pm »
Made a massive impression on all of us considering that he wasn't actually here for that long either.

Miss him, what a little gem of a player.

Offline Scruba

• Kopite
« Reply #830 on: January 16, 2016, 06:53:29 am »
Just signed a deal with Central Coast Mariners in the A-League

Offline TheFuturesRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #831 on: January 16, 2016, 08:58:51 am »
I watched him in the legends game last week. I thought at the time he could easily play in the a league. So glad he's signed for my local team. Happy days!

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: January 16, 2016, 07:10:50 pm »
Just signed a deal with Central Coast Mariners in the A-League

They've just sold a lad called Caceres to Man City so Garcia is no doubt his replacement. I'm forever watching A-League football so I'm looking forward to seeing what he has left in him.

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #833 on: January 22, 2016, 03:43:18 am »

Watching the Exeter City game with the NSW Supporters Group
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:47:18 am by daddykewell »

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #834 on: January 24, 2016, 07:36:11 pm »
Luis Javier García Sanz, such a special player, and always seemed like a top bloke. Gave us so many great memories back when he was on the pitch for us. Quite a traveler he has become. Could make a decent coach, maybe? Best of luck in the A-league ;)

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #835 on: January 24, 2016, 07:37:30 pm »
Luis Javier García Sanz, such a special player, and always seemed like a top bloke. Gave us so many great memories back when he was on the pitch for us. Quite a traveler he has become. Could make a decent coach, maybe? Best of luck in the A-league ;)
He scored the best goal that wasn't even a goal  ;D

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: January 30, 2016, 08:34:14 am »
Scored one and assisted two coming off the bench as a substitute. Maybe the Mariners aren't anchored to last place after all.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #837 on: January 31, 2016, 09:49:52 am »
Nice backheel :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YFQMh75NmAM?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YFQMh75NmAM?fs=1</a>

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #838 on: February 7, 2016, 06:59:42 pm »
He scored the best goal that wasn't even a goal  ;D
Of course that was always a goal! What, are you Jose Mourinho secretly posting on RAWK?  :P

Love the class [and cheek] of that backheel. Seems like it will be tough for them Mariners, digging themselves out of bottom, given they just got blown out by Brisbane, but will be interesting to follow. If little Luis' class can inspire them...

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #839 on: February 7, 2016, 09:00:46 pm »
I wasn't there but the QLD Supporters Club had a small section of the stand in a recent game at the Brisbane Roar vs Luis's team Central Coast Mariners. Supporters had photos and comments on the Facebook page of him coming over voluntarily and posing for photos, chatting and signing autographs. By all accounts he was pure class and was the last player to leave the field. He proved very popular and having watched the game on the box, his class was still evident. His football brain still works well but at 37 he is maybe a yard behind the younger players. Still gave a peach of a through ball for a one on one.

Always liked him and he obviously still loves LFC. Great lad.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.