Author Topic: Dirk Kuyt  (Read 49678 times)

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dirk Kuyt
« Reply #360 on: February 29, 2012, 09:17:32 pm »
"Stunning ball in from Dirk Kuyt"

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #361 on: February 29, 2012, 09:18:48 pm »
It just occured to me...was Kuyt ever injured since he joined us ?
Yeah missed a few under Hodgson. Shoulder injury I think, although probably blagged it because he didnt want to play under him.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: February 29, 2012, 10:14:34 pm »
Fantastic cross for the goal.

Dirk is bang in form.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #363 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:57 pm »
He is still unbeatable at Wembley
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:16 pm »
Ah the usual shite about how we should keep him forever etc and how if you don't want that you're not a proper fan.

I bet most of you wanted to kill Sir Bob when he regularly got rid of players who were proper 'legends'.

We need to keep him for so many reasons.

Big game player. Loads of experience. Always fit. Great squad player to have. Getting rid of him would be very stupid. Just look at how long Ferguson is holding onto Scholes and Giggs. Dirk can still do a job for us for many years to come.

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
  • We will go to Paris.....we may even go to France
« Reply #365 on: March 1, 2012, 02:12:37 am »
Yeah missed a few under Hodgson. Shoulder injury I think, although probably blagged it because he didnt want to play under him.
From memory did his shoulder attempting a bicycle kick at training or something?
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: March 1, 2012, 08:24:57 am »
From memory did his shoulder attempting a bicycle kick at training or something?
Yep, that's the one.

What the fuck position is he playing here? He seems to be right midfield, centre midfield, striker, support striker. At one point there he was almost in the back line?
He's what Rinus Michels had in mind when formulating his ethos of "total football".
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #367 on: March 1, 2012, 08:31:39 am »
Yep, that's the one.
He's what Rinus Michels had in mind when formulating his ethos of "total football".
Who was it who said that the way Dirk plays the game reminds you that before the Dutch invented 'Total Football' they invented the clog?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: March 1, 2012, 08:45:46 am »

Glad you've finally seen the light Rossi ;)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #369 on: March 1, 2012, 12:56:27 pm »
We need to keep him for so many reasons.

Big game player. Loads of experience. Always fit. Great squad player to have. Getting rid of him would be very stupid. Just look at how long Ferguson is holding onto Scholes and Giggs. Dirk can still do a job for us for many years to come.
Erm, there's a big difference between Scholes, Giggs and our Dirk.

Even at their advanced age, trapping a ball doesnt seem to be much of an issue...
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: March 1, 2012, 12:59:59 pm »

Even at their advanced age, trapping a ball doesnt seem to be much of an issue...

unfortunately we don't have the 39 yo Giggs or 37 yo Scholes.  ::)

But we have dirk who is in form and available and no doubt on a high after sunday and last night

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #371 on: March 1, 2012, 01:57:59 pm »
I actually thought Dirk played medium-well last night. He played the full 90 mins though, so maybe I wont figure against the Arse?
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #372 on: March 1, 2012, 02:25:12 pm »

Yes they all come from different countries, are different ages, have different skills, play in different positions and only one plays for LFC.

So what if Scholes can trap a ball better? Kuyt has probably scored more headers than him (I haven't checked) or run more miles on the pitch.

A more appropriate  comparison would be Kuyt and Park.  However comparing our players to other teams' players is not particularly useful,  except it seems for having a dig at our own players.
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: March 1, 2012, 03:33:15 pm »
Yes they all come from different countries, are different ages, have different skills, play in different positions and only one plays for LFC.

So what if Scholes can trap a ball better? Kuyt has probably scored more headers than him (I haven't checked) or run more miles on the pitch.

A more appropriate  comparison would be Kuyt and Park.  However comparing our players to other teams' players is not particularly useful,  except it seems for having a dig at our own players.
erm if you actually read what I replied to, it wasnt me doing the comparing...
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #374 on: March 1, 2012, 10:17:14 pm »
erm if you actually read what I replied to, it wasnt me doing the comparing...

Well sorry my post was not aimed at you alone. I see it wasn't you that first mentioned Giggs and Scholes  but the initial comparison was at least forward thinking, and I didn't much like your cheap shot at Dirk, when only a few days ago he was crucial in winning us our first silverware for 6 years.
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: March 1, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »

Ok, so technically, he isn't the best, but his is our best big game player by far and always pops up with big important goals that have won us crucial games countless times over the year. His experience and workrate are an important part of the squad. If we don't hold onto him as a squad player, we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: March 1, 2012, 11:16:19 pm »
Dirk always seems to do well against Arsenal, they aren't up for a fight and he has bullied their fullbacks in the past and got a few goals against them. I hope he starts on the right of a front three consisting of him, Suarez and Bellamy.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: March 1, 2012, 11:24:08 pm »
I think Kenny is using him just right.  He's been fucking awful as a starter but hungry and effective off the bench against tired legs.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: March 1, 2012, 11:35:32 pm »
I think Kenny is using him just right.  He's been fucking awful as a starter but hungry and effective off the bench against tired legs.

With the exception of games like Man City at home in the cup and Everton away when he started and was excellent in both games or good performances like we saw at Wolves, Chelsea etc, I'd largely agree he has been better coming off the bench, but unless we play Downing on the right or move Bellamy or Suarez out there I'd rather see Dirk start out there than Henderson.

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: March 2, 2012, 07:50:24 am »
I actually thought Dirk played medium-well last night. He played the full 90 mins though, so maybe I wont figure against the Arse?
To be honest, if you figure against the Arse......well I'm not sure what to think?? Hopefully Kenny will play a team full of actual Liverpool players.

;)
« Last Edit: March 2, 2012, 07:55:33 am by Xabinator »
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: March 2, 2012, 07:54:58 am »
With the exception of games like Man City at home in the cup and Everton away when he started and was excellent in both games or good performances like we saw at Wolves, Chelsea etc, I'd largely agree he has been better coming off the bench, but unless we play Downing on the right or move Bellamy or Suarez out there I'd rather see Dirk start out there than Henderson.
Agree with this Neil. Jordan's obviously the future for us but for reliability, I think Dirk get's the nod ahead of him with so much importance riding on the next lot of results. Dirk's got a history of scoring goals against the majority of our next 5-6 opponents. If the replacement is Luis or Bellamy then of course, different matter altogether.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: March 2, 2012, 11:10:56 am »
Who was it who said that the way Dirk plays the game reminds you that before the Dutch invented 'Total Football' they invented the clog?

:D

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #382 on: March 2, 2012, 11:17:37 am »
Gives his heart and soul for this football club, and thats all I ask. Not to mention his countless big game goals.

Dirk Kuyt. The man for the big occasion.
When discussing Dirk Kuyt's work rate :

I don't think he works as hard as some people claim. No harder, for example, than Stewart Downing.

18 League Titles and 5 European Cups. Get counting.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #383 on: March 2, 2012, 12:10:43 pm »
Despite his faults, he's always there when we need him most, he gives 100% us every time he's on the pitch and you can't ask for much more than that
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #384 on: March 2, 2012, 12:15:51 pm »
Despite his faults, he's always there when we need him most, he gives 100% us every time he's on the pitch and you can't ask for much more than that

Specially when Hodgson was here. Was about the only player even arsed most games.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: March 2, 2012, 01:05:27 pm »
Specially when Hodgson was here. Was about the only player even arsed most games.

You must have gone off him then - what, with wanting Liverpool to suffer relegation as you did.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: March 2, 2012, 01:31:16 pm »
You must have gone off him then - what, with wanting Liverpool to suffer relegation as you did.
:lmao

He's been effective off the bench, you have to give him that, has that bit between his teeth probably from not starting

on the other hand, he's been horrendous when starting..

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: March 2, 2012, 02:02:57 pm »

He derserves all the acolades.

Happy he played a major part in the Cup sucess!!

Well in Dirk.

He will forever be remembered in Liverpool's history... He stuck with us, him and Reina when they could easily have left. :champ :scarf :scarf

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #388 on: March 2, 2012, 02:08:24 pm »

At the time Relegation was preferrable to going out of business as seemed likely to occur.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline trenchtownrasta

• fairy anne
  • Kopite
  • you may say I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one
« Reply #389 on: March 2, 2012, 02:48:42 pm »
absolute gentleman.
'Say what you like about deaf people'.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: March 2, 2012, 02:59:55 pm »
At the time Relegation was preferrable to going out of business as seemed likely to occur.

You thought relegation would have increased our chances of survival and so that's why you cheered Liverpool defeats?

Only a tosser would do that.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: March 2, 2012, 03:03:21 pm »
You thought relegation would have increased our chances of survival and so that's why you cheered Liverpool defeats?

Only a tosser would do that.

relegated teams get £22m parachute payments over 2 seasons... !!!  ;)  ;D

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: March 2, 2012, 05:11:05 pm »

I think that is a harsh exaggeration. He's been great in some games in recent weeks when starting like City and Wolves and had a couple of poor games against Spurs and United.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #393 on: March 2, 2012, 05:15:25 pm »
Love him, lucky to have had him here for all these years, always putting in 100%. 

Offline CarloChiesa

• Kemlynite
  • I love Liverpool FC.
« Reply #394 on: March 2, 2012, 05:39:00 pm »
I like him but he's like a dying dog that needs to put down.

Of course every (dying) dog has his day and that was Sunday but let's not forget how he ruins car journeys (games) by farting (playing very badly)

Thanks Dirk see you around.
Forza Liverpool

Offline mrsphilthefish

• Twitter terrier. Queen of the retweet
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will do what I can to get justice for our 96
« Reply #395 on: March 2, 2012, 06:02:53 pm »

Of course every (dying) dog has his day and that was Sunday but let's not forget how he ruins car journeys (games) by farting (playing very badly)

WUM? You are having a laugh aren't ya? I nearly fell for your crap then.......
There's been many mountains to climb but I can smell Justice.......soon our 96 reds will rest in peace JFT96

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #396 on: March 2, 2012, 06:05:50 pm »

Clearly a WUM.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #397 on: March 2, 2012, 06:08:54 pm »
:lmao

He's been effective off the bench, you have to give him that, has that bit between his teeth probably from not starting

Trying using that description for another striker of ours and see what you get in response.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline CarloChiesa

• Kemlynite
  • I love Liverpool FC.
« Reply #398 on: March 2, 2012, 06:11:32 pm »
I used to respect him but now - as loveable as he is sometimes - he causes more pain than joy.
It's cruel to see him go on like this and needs to be put out of his misery.

If you cannot see this argument you do not understand LFC and what we used to stand for.
Forza Liverpool

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: March 2, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »
I used to respect him but now - as loveable as he is sometimes - he causes more pain than joy.
It's cruel to see him go on like this and needs to be put out of his misery.

If you cannot see this argument you do not understand LFC and what we used to stand for.

Wum.