Author Topic: Dirk Kuyt  (Read 49676 times)

Offline coolfire

• Kopite
  • Raa-Fa..Rafael... Raa-Fa..Rafael... Raa-Fa..Rafael
Re: Dirk Kuyt
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2012, 11:31:58 am »
And I'll never forget his headed goal against Milan that time. You more than deserved this medal, Dirky!!!
Rafa Benitez, 19112007: "But even if I was approached I would tell whichever club it was that I am really happy with my club, my squad, my supporters and my city."

Moses said,"Come forth", but we came fifth...And won the Champions League!

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2012, 12:23:04 pm »
He's now 30th in the all time goalscoring charts for LFC. It took him all of what - 5 full seasons?

Biggus Dirkus.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2012, 12:25:22 pm »
Wish we didn't win on penalties purely for the fact he'd of been the biggest hero of the day.

Unbelievable goal followed by an unbelievable goal line clearance.

Love him

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2012, 12:26:52 pm »
A team of Carraghers versus a team of Dirk Dirks, who would win? PLACE BETS NOW!

I doubt anyone would stay awake long enough to find out.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2012, 12:31:21 pm »
A team of Carraghers versus a team of Dirk Dirks, who would win? PLACE BETS NOW!
I doubt anyone would stay awake long enough to find out.
It's be like WW1 trench warfare with the centre circle and adjacent 20 yards on either side a footballing no mans' land, with hoofing artillery shells met by heroic yet ill-advised fatal pushes over the top.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2012, 02:16:14 pm »
Fucking love the lad. Brought some cleverness and quality on the pitch we'd been lacking. Couple of good passes in the box, and we looked so much more dengerous than before. It's all well and good letting the next generation gain experience, but we would be fucked without Kuyt.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline mrsphilthefish

• Twitter terrier. Queen of the retweet
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will do what I can to get justice for our 96
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2012, 02:19:54 pm »
I LOVE Dirk Kuyt......he is my hero. He is a proper work horse. He never gives up. Made up for him yesterday.

There's been many mountains to climb but I can smell Justice.......soon our 96 reds will rest in peace JFT96

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2012, 02:22:25 pm »
Hope they dont let him go in the summer because he's worth his place as an impact sub only. A lot is spoken of his workrate, but he's well able to play the odd cute pass, his first touch yesterday was a through ball that opened up space and nearly ended with Bellamy hitting the net. Plead as we might for him to stay, Dirk is not part of the new plans and I can understand why, but days like yesterday perhaps might change their minds.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2012, 02:23:48 pm »
I LOVE Dirk Kuyt......he is my hero. He is a proper work horse. He never gives up. Made up for him yesterday.
I'm surprised the obligatory 'War Horse' posters haven't yet been posted in the Photoshop thread.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2012, 02:25:08 pm »
When he is on the pitch, give him the pens to take. Not Suarez, not Adam and thinking less about Gerrard taking them these days. Has the head for the big games, did a good job when asked of him yesterday and shame his goal wasn't the winner.

Brilliant servant to the club and glad he has that winners medal.

Offline storey1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2012, 02:26:57 pm »
Fair play to Dirk, you could see he was fired up. Great to see such pride and passion.
Slowly but surely the cogs of the red machine are beginning to turn again.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2012, 02:29:49 pm »
Fair play to Dirk, you could see he was fired up. Great to see such pride and passion.

In both the interviews he did (with Sky & BBC) right after the match, he said he was disappointed to only get about 50 minutes today so obviously he wanted to prove something to Kenny, and thank God he did!

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2012, 02:33:01 pm »
Perfect impact sub.  He has some pace but his energy is what we need going into the final half hour of a game.  Love the man.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2012, 02:33:30 pm »
In both the interviews he did (with Sky & BBC) right after the match, he said he was disappointed to only get about 50 minutes today so obviously he wanted to prove something to Kenny, and thank God he did!
He got 15 mins not 50. Was brought on with penno duty looming.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2012, 02:34:06 pm »
When he is on the pitch, give him the pens to take. Not Suarez, not Adam and thinking less about Gerrard taking them these days. Has the head for the big games, did a good job when asked of him yesterday and shame his goal wasn't the winner.
Has never missed a pen for us and has taken more than his fair share of important ones.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2012, 02:35:16 pm »
Has never missed a pen for us and has taken more than his fair share of important ones.

One against Everton (I think?) was saved this season.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2012, 02:35:27 pm »
Take it you didn't watch the derby back in October?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2012, 02:37:20 pm »

Aye. Great dummy for Carroll's goal :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2012, 02:39:35 pm »
If we had 11 Dirk Kuyt's in our team we'd conquer the bloody world.

Legend status, surely? How many times has Kuyt come to our rescue?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2012, 02:49:41 pm »
Oh fuck ya! Did a run through in my head and forgot about that.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2012, 02:51:03 pm »

Aye, I know! Don't know why I wrote 50 like :butt

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2012, 02:52:54 pm »
"Fell" not being an option of course obviously.

And on that note, I'm done in here.....
It's be like WW1 trench warfare with the centre circle and adjacent 20 yards on either side a footballing no mans' land, with hoofing artillery shells met by heroic yet ill-advised fatal pushes over the top.
I'm surprised the obligatory 'War Horse' posters haven't yet been posted in the Photoshop thread.

:P
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2012, 02:55:18 pm »

:P
Ha ha I almost posted the words (not the images) myself when breaking that promise ;D

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2012, 02:58:22 pm »

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2012, 03:36:12 pm »
If anyone considers or suggests selling Dirk, they themselves should be sold, along with their families
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2012, 03:37:42 pm »
Bring the FA Cup home for him too.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2012, 03:40:36 pm »
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2012, 04:09:29 pm »
If anyone considers or suggests selling Dirk, they themselves should be sold, along with their families

That'll be Kenny, Marina and the kids on the auction block then.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2012, 05:41:34 pm »

This was a gem what will live like Faith Brown (long in the mammary). Mr Duck Cow, like Semi Hipster vs Filip Senderos in previous eon, invert natural odour by out-accelerate the Car Differentials defence. HOW? HOW? HOW? Perhaps the blond logs transfigured into the (Jilly) Goulden’s Fleas for our convex-legged Argonaut? It slipped off shoulder with awful scuff shot, but heroic restored with turbo-strike past stunned ex housemartin Heaton…HandFeel South became Beautiful. Yes, he slow without mythological intervention, yes he got nostrils like gasping Fresian, yes he got touch like Emu Lasky’s in clogs BUT BOY this Dutchy got bigger balls than one what chased Patrick McGoohan, he greater professional ass Bogie & Doyle,  he best in big game sins Alan Quatermain. He is ours. Thanks Raffles for Duck! Thank Canny for victory! Thank you very much

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »

So we're full of quotes that Kenny is getting rid then ?

There are people at this club that have contributed less than this lad when called on, with commitment and desire

Sly, clever little remarks through this thread seem a bit backstabbing today of all days

Offline enigma

• Anny Roader
« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »

There are people at this club that have contributed less than this lad when called on, with commitment and desire

Sly, clever little remarks through this thread seem a bit backstabbing today of all days

Nothing to do with the quote, but does anyone else remember Kuyt's debut? (if mentioned before I apologise - not read topic) - he was one of the liveliest players I've ever seen - top lad, not sure he's always been played in the right position, but thoroughly deserves a medal, and for me, Liverpool's best penalty taker full stop!

Offline roscoff

• Main Stander
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2012, 06:12:04 pm »
Should start Saturday..he'll set the tempo against those cockney softies...made up for him yesterday;would have been a shame if he had left the club empty handed..I agree with the poster who said there should be no rush to sell him..

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #272 on: February 27, 2012, 06:20:51 pm »
Nothing to do with the quote, but does anyone else remember Kuyt's debut? (if mentioned before I apologise - not read topic) - he was one of the liveliest players I've ever seen - top lad, not sure he's always been played in the right position, but thoroughly deserves a medal, and for me, Liverpool's best penalty taker full stop!
West Ham at home, 2006 came on as a sub in the 2nd half.
Ran his little legs off (as he always does) and had a couple of near misses, If I remember rightly.
I also remember him getting a great reception from the crowd and him seeming to not want to leave the pitch at the end..  ;D

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: February 27, 2012, 06:25:24 pm »
I would be a big critic of kuyt but yday he delivered the goods. He was well up for it and refused to be beaten

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2012, 06:25:55 pm »
Finally got to watch Jamie Redknapp talking about my banner, fucking love it. 26.10 minutes in

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp2kwz_cc-lfc-vs-cardiff-post-celebration-26-02-12_lifestyle?start=5

Also love the fact that in a 17 minute cameo or whatever it was Dirk came on, raced about like a man possessed who was determined to finally win a trophy with us, chasing and pressing and fighting, played a great through ball, passed it well, burst with pace past tired defenders, hit a shit shot, then scored a blinder when it fell back to him, cleared an effort of the line, then just couldn't stop another. Then he acted like a second captain, consoling Gerrard and Adam both when they missed their pens and telling the lads we could still win, geeing them up and telling them to believe, then stepped up and as fucking ice cool as he was in the last minute of a Goodison derby or a Champions League semi-final shootout, dispatched his pivotal pen that got us back on track and punching the air got the traveling Kop back believing too. I couldn't have scripted that if I'd allowed myself to dream.

Nevermind whether it changes people's long term opinions about him, because there is no reason that one cameo should. Or whether he should or shouldn't be upgraded in the summer (personally I would like us to sign a top RW and keep Dirk as a squad player and impact sub). Yesterday he stepped up to the plate when the chips were down and that's why I love him despite all his flaws.

Now let's double his trophy haul and get back on Europe's top table where we belong!

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: February 27, 2012, 06:29:54 pm »
Finally got to watch Jamie Redknapp talking about my banner, fucking love it. 26.10 minutes in

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp2kwz_cc-lfc-vs-cardiff-post-celebration-26-02-12_lifestyle?start=5

Also love the fact that in a 17 minute cameo or whatever it was Dirk came on, raced about like a man possessed who was determined to finally win a trophy with us, chasing and pressing and fighting, played a great through ball, passed it well, burst with pace past tired defenders, hit a shit shot, then scored a blinder when it fell back to him, cleared an effort of the line, then just couldn't stop another. Then he acted like a second captain, consoling Gerrard and Adam both when they missed their pens and telling the lads we could still win, geeing them up and telling them to believe, then stepped up and as fucking ice cool as he was in the last minute of a Goodison derby or a Champions League semi-final shootout, dispatched his pivotal pen that got us back on track and punching the air got the traveling Kop back believing too. I couldn't have scripted that if I'd allowed myself to dream.

Nevermind whether it changes people's long term opinions about him, because there is no reason that one cameo should. Or whether he should or shouldn't be upgraded in the summer (personally I would like us to sign a top RW and keep Dirk as a squad player and impact sub). Yesterday he stepped up to the plate when the chips were down and that's why I love him despite all his flaws.

Now let's double his trophy haul and get back on Europe's top table where we belong!

:thumbup

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2012, 06:30:23 pm »
He's now 30th in the all time goalscoring charts for LFC. It took him all of what - 5 full seasons?

Biggus Dirkus.
6 seasons by May El C.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: February 27, 2012, 06:30:48 pm »

;D Nice recognition.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #278 on: February 27, 2012, 06:31:40 pm »

Chill out yer big pussy and enjoy the day.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2012, 06:36:24 pm »
Great that Neil mate.