Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 765312 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2280 on: December 24, 2018, 11:03:57 pm »
Trouble is, he’s done the mcl, acl and pcl... and maybe the meniscus too (although no one has mentioned that)...
How do we know this? Did the club announce this?

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2281 on: December 24, 2018, 11:18:03 pm »

Does the club disclose the full extent of our players' injuries or are people speculating here?

Logically it makes sense to look at the worst case scenario but if the 'Ox is out on pasture' now- surely does this not mean his recovery is going rather  well and quicker than expected?

For the experts, what are the next steps from now on and when can we reasonably expect him to kick a ball?

Cheers all and Merry Christmas!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2282 on: December 24, 2018, 11:24:50 pm »

Was reported in multiple places no idea if it came from the club or not
(corroborating this would be them ruling him out for the season when he injured himself last April - an ACL wouldn’t usually be that long)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2283 on: December 24, 2018, 11:37:34 pm »
The only thing that matters to me is what the manager says. He has made it quite clear that Alex will get every chance to prove his fitness. Maybe the best we can do now is just wait and see, rather than writing off his whole career at a stroke. It never ceases to amaze me the moment we get a bit of good news about him, that people can't wait to write off any bit of positivity we get.

It's great just to see him running again can we not be allowed  to retain a bit of hope for the lad long-term?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2284 on: December 25, 2018, 12:04:34 am »
Does the club disclose the full extent of our players' injuries or are people speculating here?

Logically it makes sense to look at the worst case scenario but if the 'Ox is out on pasture' now- surely does this not mean his recovery is going rather  well and quicker than expected?

For the experts, what are the next steps from now on and when can we reasonably expect him to kick a ball?

Cheers all and Merry Christmas!

No reports directly from the club no but from what I've heard and his rehab to date certainly seems to be following a PCL protocol as 8 months is around about right for outdoor running. If he was doing an ACL return to play he'd have been running months ago and would be doing high intensity sports specific training drills with a ball at his feet by now.

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2285 on: December 25, 2018, 12:15:21 am »
No reports directly from the club no but from what I've heard and his rehab to date certainly seems to be following a PCL protocol as 8 months is around about right for outdoor running. If he was doing an ACL return to play he'd have been running months ago and would be doing high intensity sports specific training drills with a ball at his feet by now.

Okay, thanks.

When do you think he will start training with the ball or at least intensify the training regime?

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2286 on: December 25, 2018, 06:38:01 am »
At the base line you have to assume Ox will never be the same player again.  Obviously the club and all us as fans want and hope that he comes back to the same level he was playing at as a minimum.  Odds are that's not going to happen.  He'll play again no doubt.  Biggest thing though is the explosiveness is probably not going to be there which made him a game changer for us.  I hope I'm 100% wrong in this.  Though it's probably why we didn't sign Fekir.  How stupid would you look as head of transfers to have an asset on your books already that may be a sunk cost due to their knee and then you add another player that odds are will also turn out the same way?  Yeah not likely.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2287 on: December 25, 2018, 09:35:51 am »
I'm confident with Ox.

When we got him, he was known as injury prone, and Arsenal reckoned they had robbed us.  But his debut season was remarkable, and this injury when it happened seemed more like a freak occurrence; I think most of us thought he would be dogged by little niggles that would keep him out a few games at a time and that he'd never have time to settle and find his rhythm.

Many players have coped coming back from injury by adapting their style of play, and even if Ox is only 80% of the play he was, in this team that will still be an awesome contribution given how much stronger the side is from last year.  I think he will do better than that though.  Nothing to base that on, other than I know he's receiving the best possible, state of the art treatment, and that he clearly has the desire to get on that pitch and make a difference again.

It will be the one blemish should we win the title this season that he's not had the chance to contribute to it.

EDIT: I seem to remember Klopp admitted the club kept the seriousness of the injury under wraps until it was absolutely clear he wouldn't make it back this season?  Think that was back in the summer?  I don't know if he went into details about the injury itself though. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 09:40:02 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2288 on: December 25, 2018, 09:38:58 am »
Okay, thanks.

When do you think he will start training with the ball or at least intensify the training regime?

His rehab will have been as intense as he can tolerate from the start, nothing is ever half baked and can't be when you've got issues this big and it'll continue to be like that until he returns to full training. With regards to ball work if he's back out on the grass I'd expect him to be doing it soon, footballers get bored very quickly if they aren't kicking a ball around.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2289 on: December 25, 2018, 09:51:05 am »
The only thing that matters to me is what the manager says. He has made it quite clear that Alex will get every chance to prove his fitness. Maybe the best we can do now is just wait and see, rather than writing off his whole career at a stroke. It never ceases to amaze me the moment we get a bit of good news about him, that people can't wait to write off any bit of positivity we get.

It's great just to see him running again can we not be allowed  to retain a bit of hope for the lad long-term?

It’s really REALLY annoying.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2290 on: December 25, 2018, 09:57:37 am »
His rehab will have been as intense as he can tolerate from the start, nothing is ever half baked and can't be when you've got issues this big and it'll continue to be like that until he returns to full training. With regards to ball work if he's back out on the grass I'd expect him to be doing it soon, footballers get bored very quickly if they aren't kicking a ball around.

That’s great, thanks. The sight of him running just got me so delighted that I cannot wait to see him kicking a ball again.
From the outside, the lad is so upbeat and positive. No doubt he will do everything possible to come back fitter and as good as before. Here is hoping

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #2291 on: December 25, 2018, 10:02:56 am »

I echo that sentiment.
One step at a time. He's recovering and we should be happy with whatever progress there is. I already see people on twitter talk about "that" endlessly.

Not good for the lad or those close to him to be reminded of that everyday. He's trying to focus, others are doing everything they can (obviously unknowingly, but still..) to bring our minds back to "that". That's how you keep someone down in the doldrums and beat them down with repetition.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 10:08:11 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: December 25, 2018, 10:07:35 am »
I'm not expecting him to be the player he was on his return.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2293 on: December 25, 2018, 10:23:56 am »

I think you have to remember that a lot of people still see things in black and white. Either he is back next week, better than ever, or he'll need a wheelchair for the rest of his life. There's no nuance for a lot of us. So we don't want to put too much pressure on the lad, or raise expectations at a time when he is still months away from even knowing if he will play again.

If you remember Harry Kewell, fans are quite happy to blame the player for not recovering quickly and Alex deserves our protection and support rather than the spotlight on when and how he will be back and a lot of pressure and abuse he does not need.

So we should manage expectations, that's all. Hopefully this time next year he will be helping us defend the title.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2294 on: December 25, 2018, 02:48:21 pm »
For those asking what was the extent of Oxlade-Chamberlain's injury, this is what James Pearce wrote back in July

The ECHO understands that he damaged his posterior cruciate ligament and his anterior cruciate ligament, as well as medial ligaments when he slid in to dispossess Roma's Aleksandar Kolarov. As a result he now faces a gruelling rehabilitation programme.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-dealt-massive-alex-oxlade-14925294

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2295 on: December 25, 2018, 03:11:50 pm »
He did say that he’s been doing ball work inside which will have helped his sanity
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: December 25, 2018, 03:17:34 pm »
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain injury: Expert analysis reveals the ultimate challenge facing Liverpool midfielder

Dr. Rajpal BrarDr. Rajpal Brar
 @3cbPerformanc

20 September 2018

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain faces the ultimate challenge to return after damaging every major knee ligament. We get the complete analysis from a sports injury expert.

EXCLUSIVE FOR THIS IS ANFIELD
Dr. Rajpal Brar, DPT of Injury Insight

The incident happened in the 15th minute of the Reds’ Champions League semi-final first leg against Roma at Anfield in April; Oxlade-Chamberlain went in for a challenge on Roma’s Aleksander Kolarov. He came away writhing in pain on the ground.

When I looked at the moment of contact in detail, here’s what I saw:

I was worried. These traumatic hyper-extension (the knee going backwards) injuries can stress every ligament in the knee. I was even more worried based on Ox’s injury history which is rife with knee ligament and lower body injuries:

That’s four knee ligament injuries and six muscular injuries in just five years. Based on that, Ox was already at considerable risk for injury because the highest risk factor for future knee ligament injury is, by far, previous ligament injury*. As my professor Dr. Carl DeRosa always said “it’s never the same model.”

*These are risks that Liverpool knew when they signed him from Arsenal and perhaps it coloured their view of risk/reward when dealing with Nabil Fekir’s knee injuries (I wrote about that failed transfer saga here).

My worries proved to be true – unfortunately, far truer than I ever imagined. He was quickly ruled out for the season and World Cup, and then, over the summer, information came trickling out from the Liverpool camp that Ox had damaged every major knee ligament.

There have been a few reports that Ox didn’t suffer any cartilage (tissue on the ends and between the knee bones that absorbs force and reduce friction) damage during the injury but I find those hard to believe – knee cartilage damage is quite common with higher grade knee ligament injuries (let alone all four major ligaments), especially during contact knee injuries. Either Ox is an extreme outlier or those reports aren’t accurate.

Regardless, in July, Jurgen Klopp revealed that Ox would miss the entirety of the 2018/19 season to focus solely on recovery and rehab.

To better understand the injury itself, Ox’s return to play timeline, and his future prospects, let’s start with a quick rundown of the anatomy:

II. The Anatomy and Function of Ox’s Knee Ligaments
Think of knee ligaments like rubber band that connects your thigh bone (femur) to your shin bone (tibia) and keep the knee joint from moving outside its intended normal range of motion.

If there’s enough force and the knee joint does move outside of that normal range of motion, these ligaments over-stretch and tear. There are three different grades of ligament tear:

Further, check out this frontal (anterior) view of the knee ligaments and cartilage (articular and meniscus):

And from the back (posterior):

You can see how all four of the major ligaments surround the knee joint. Each acts to stabilize the knee during different motions and movements. Here’s a quick run-down:

Although each knee ligament has a primary role, all of them can be stressed and with enough force damaged during a traumatic knee hyper-extension, like Alex had.

With damage to each of the four major ligaments, his right knee was likely unstable with looseness (laxity) in all directions – like a sail bereft of its lines, still connected but aimlessly flapping in the wind.

In order to re-stabilise the knee, Alex headed into surgery.

III. The Surgery
Ox’s surgery took place eight days later, the same day of Liverpool’s second leg against Roma.

I’m not certain if all of his ligaments needed surgical repair (a grade three tear is immediately indicated for surgery) because I couldn’t find any information on the specific severity other than they’ve been “damaged”. However, based on his extended timeline for recovery, we can reasonably infer that, at a minimum, his ACL was fully torn and needed surgery.

Here’s what an ACL reconstruction looks like:

Based on his previous PCL and multiple MCL tear injury history combined with his specific mechanism of injury (the knee going backwards into hyper-extension):

I’d guess he also ruptured his PCL and potentially ruptured his MCL, with the LCL taking damage but not to the extent of the other ligaments. It’s quite possible he ruptured all of them with the surgeon having to reconstruct all of them.

Post surgery, Ox began his long road back to the pitch.

IV. Return To Play
Jurgen Klopp explicitly told reporters in July that Ox would be missing the entirety of the 2018/19 campaign. I imagine Liverpool will begin to ramp up his on-pitch training in the summer months leading up to the kick-off of the 2019 season.

The average return to play after an isolated ACL tear is roughly nine months – the longest, by far, of any of the knee ligaments.

When you factor in the damage to the other knee ligaments and possibly the cartilage, it extends the timeline even further because you’re dealing with more residual issues like pain, stiffness, and muscle weakness that slow the recovery process down.

That puts his timeline to return at about 12 months.

If you want to follow Ox’s physical rehab, there are plenty of easy to find updates touching on his progression and he’s pretty active on social media with his rehab as well.

However, what I want to focus on in this piece are some of the contextual factors (I refer to these as “macro” factors) that are very influential in recovery yet often ignored or overlooked. The first of those is:

A. Mental Resiliency

I can’t emphasise strongly enough how a resilient mindset and positive lens can completely alter the course of therapy and rehab. The mindset of viewing an injury as a depressing obstacle vs viewing it as a new challenge alters recovery, commitment, and motivation.

After the initial injury, Ox had every right to be devastated – another major injury that would see him missing the Champions League final and the World Cup, at a minimum. His comments echoed that, naturally:

“Absolutely devastated to have picked up this injury at such a crucial time in the season,” the midfielder wrote on Instagram. “Gutted I won’t be able to play any further part now in our Champions League run for Liverpool, and also the World Cup with England.”

However, he followed that with one of the most incredible and selfless comments I’ve ever heard from a player who just suffered an injury. A comment and perspective that gives considerable insight into why he’s so loved:

“However, this all pales in comparison to how the family of the Liverpool fan badly hurt before last night’s game must be feeling. My thoughts are with him and his loved ones.”

This is a 24-year-old kid whose career may be in jeopardy and yet he’s focused on someone else’s loss.

Further, as he’s progressed through rehab he’s leaned on a positive lens to motivate him:

“As a character I’m positive and I’m trying not to let myself get too down, obviously I’ve got a tough rehab ahead of me and moping around isn’t going to get me through that!”

And finally, comments this week reveal a level of resiliency and positivity, although also admitting the boredom of rehab:

“It’s going well – very boring, very slow, very long! But I’m making progress, which is obviously what we need. It’s just a long process and I just keep plugging away, but I’m in good spirits and I’m really positive about it.

“You just get into a routine [with] tunnel vision and keep going, setting yourself little goals and little things to achieve.

“I passed the ball the other day, not very well, but I started passing the ball and that was massive for me to be able to kick and know that my knee can kick a ball.

“Even though it was five yards, I’ve started working on stuff like that and it’s little wins like that that keep you going and keep you pushing forward to the next one.”

B. Team and Fan Support

Rehabbing from an injury as a professional athlete can be a very lonely place, let alone when you’re doing it for umpteenth time like Alex.

It’s just you and the medical staff (often times the same person) for long periods of time, days on end. Therefore, it’s really important to stay connected and have a support system to keep the spirits and motivation up.

By all accounts that I’ve read and heard, Ox has already endeared himself to his Liverpool teammates and stays connected with them. Additionally, there’s been an incredible outpouring of support from Liverpool fans even many Arsenal fans have reached out to him on Twitter and Instagram.

He’s continued to stay connected with the fans throughout his recovery process.

C. Coaching Support
I have to explicitly mention Klopp because his attitude and perspective couldn’t be any better when it comes to Ox’s recovery. He’s been thoroughly supportive and empathetic, with his eye only on Ox’s long-term future.

The following quotes encapsulate that rare attitude and is one reason his players have such loyalty and admiration for him:

“It is so important – because of how valuable and important he is to what we are looking to do here in the coming seasons – that the focus is on doing this right and not rushed…he is such an outstandingly good person and someone who even when not playing is integral to the heartbeat of Melwood.

“I cannot wait to have him back with us for matches, but we will wait for him and we will show the patience that is required to make sure he comes back ready to continue where he left off: as one of the most outstanding performers in European football in that moment.”

D. Team Situation

Although the team could certainly use him in the midfield, Ox still finds himself in a situation where he doesn’t have to rush back. He signed a five-year deal after his transfer from Arsenal so there’s no contract pressure and, as I touched on above, there’s no pressure from his coach or management to rush back too soon – they are all fully aligned and vested in his long-term outlook.

V. Long-term Consequences
When he does get back, there are numerous challenges to face.

First and foremost, as I already mentioned earlier, the best predictor of a future knee ligament injury is a previous ligament injury.

For example, research shows nearly a 25 percent chance of re-rupturing the same ACL after surgical repair.

Additionally, the risk of rupturing the other side (“contralateral”) ACL after surgical repair is upwards of 20.5 percent.

Biomechanics, proprioception, and compensation are a love-hate relationship.

Further, there’s evidence of side-to-side deficits potentially lasting two-plus years. This asymmetry has been associated with an increase in injury risk for high speed and cutting sports like football.

Research also shows a higher degeneration rate of knee cartilage and nearly a 3.6x increase in developing arthritis compared to an uninjured knee. That risk is even higher if Ox did in fact have concurrent cartilage damage as research shows anywhere from an 18% to 48% increase in arthritis risk with these combined ligament and cartilage injuries.

Additionally, we know that kinesiophobia (aka fear of movement or reinjury) is one of the last things to dissipate for athletes.

As knee expert Dr. David Geier astutely put it when commenting on Ox’s return:

“It can be a challenge for the surgeon and physical therapist to help an athlete reach a point where the surgically reconstructed knee feels like the uninjured knee so that he is completely confident landing on it, cutting and changing directions at full speed, and more.”

In a recent study on 51 NFL players who suffered a multi-ligament knee injury between 2010 and 2016, 63% returned to play on an average of 12 months after the injury. Both of these numbers were significantly worse than players who suffered an isolated tear.

Returning to pre-injury performance levels depended distinctly on which ligaments were damaged. For combined ACL and MCL damage, 46% returned to pre-injury levels, whereas for those with ACL and PCL/LCL damage, 18% returned to pre-injury levels.

As you know by now, Ox damaged all four of these ligaments.

Even though we can take this study with a grain of salt because it was done on NFL players, both sports do involve similar high-speed cutting, jumping, and changes in direction. Additionally, among studies looking at outcomes after multi-ligament injuries, this study used the largest sample size so it may be the most accurate.

VI. All in All
It goes without saying that Alex faces an uphill battle. There are numerous hurdles to overcome in the rehab itself and once back on the pitch, numerous ongoing deficits to work through. All the while, there’s an increased injury risk for another ligament tear and developing arthritis for the rest of his career.

That’s not a pretty picture.

However, all hope isn’t lost. There’s still a chance Ox can get back to near his pre-injury levels (he has come back from previous major injuries and looked the same player) but realistically I don’t know how long it will last.

He will have to be extremely proactive, vigilant, and disciplined in taking care of his right knee and overall physical and mental fitness.

His long-term prospects are further compounded by his style of play that’s built around his dynamic ability in the midfield – being able to use his speed and agility to quickly change levels on the pitch and turn seemingly innocuous situations into dangerous ones.

Perhaps this injury will be the impetus for him to improve his reading and awareness of the game and err more on the side of caution when going into high-risk situations (like the tackle that started this mess).

If he’s able to garner another contract and have an extended career, it will be a testament to a daily and disciplined approach in which he consistently pulled all of these levers.

As always, I wish him nothing but the best moving forward but coming back from this injury will be the ultimate challenge.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/09/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-expert-analysis-reveals-the-ultimate-challenge-facing-liverpool-midfielder/

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2297 on: December 25, 2018, 05:15:21 pm »
The Ox will be in the small percentage of athletes who go back to pre-injury levels.

All things are possible!

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2298 on: December 25, 2018, 08:00:25 pm »
Snip

That's a really good summary to be fair, except him saying the ACL has a longer rehab protocol when the PCL is longer.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2299 on: December 25, 2018, 08:56:28 pm »
Thanks for the depressing read fellas. Christmas Day as well :(

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2300 on: December 25, 2018, 08:58:26 pm »
The Ox will be in the small percentage of athletes who go back to pre-injury levels.

All things are possible!

Yeah I think so too  :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2301 on: December 26, 2018, 12:38:44 am »
Statistically, it’s doubtful that he’ll be able to return to pre-injury levels, but if anyone is going to be in that small percentage that do so, then his mentality and attitude will obviously help. He’ll have to believe he can do it to ensure he puts the effort in to his rehab. I doubt he’ll be half-hearted in his effort. That’s the first step.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2302 on: December 26, 2018, 12:59:02 am »
YNWA OX!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2303 on: December 26, 2018, 01:40:48 am »
Pre injury he was becoming the Virgil Van Dijk of centre mids, that's literally the highest praise I could heap on anyone. His mental fortitude will ensure that his rehabilitation will allow him to return at the level he was progressing to. Long live the Ox.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2304 on: December 26, 2018, 03:12:46 am »
Always liked Ox he’s a very brave player.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2305 on: December 26, 2018, 04:48:30 am »
Whatever happens,he'll adapt.He'll be sound

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #2306 on: December 26, 2018, 04:59:22 am »
Would we begrudge the club if it went out and bought a player with remarkably similar attributes to AOC?
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2307 on: December 26, 2018, 05:34:15 am »

This. Don’t understand the need to speculate whether he will be back to his pre-injury state or not. We should all just wait and see and wish him all the best. Unless you’re the attending orthopaedics, you have no idea of the severity of the injury and most importantly Ox physical state that will play a crucial part in his recovery. Dr Rajpal Brar was also speculating as he does not have intimate knowledge of Ox injuries

Some of us also wrote off Danny Ings after 2 ACL injuries. He is not doing too badly these days. With these knee injuries, rehab and recovery are crucial. They need to be given time and space to get back to their best. And I am pretty certain that Ox will get that with Klopp and Liverpool
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2308 on: December 26, 2018, 09:03:18 am »
I am wondering if there is any change Ox could feature in FA cup game?
Believer

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2309 on: December 26, 2018, 09:05:39 am »

None whatsoever

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #2310 on: December 26, 2018, 09:10:01 am »

LOL

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2311 on: December 26, 2018, 09:23:37 am »

Maybe the final.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2312 on: December 26, 2018, 09:48:52 am »
It never ceases to amaze me the moment we get a bit of good news about him, that people can't wait to write off any bit of positivity we get.

Wanted to say exactly the same - we seem to have the exact same discussion every couple of months or so whenever AOC posts a positive update/milestone. Lets just celebrate what he has achieved thus far and look forward to the next stage his recovery. We all formed opinions on how well he would recover back in May, no point going on about it.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2313 on: December 26, 2018, 11:00:03 am »
After that informative article seems like Alex has a massive fight to stay positive and believe that he can return to previous levels as fans we can only insure we are patient as Klopp. Speculation isn’t positive because we are in no position to understand the specifics beyond understanding the enormity of his fight
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2314 on: December 26, 2018, 11:14:55 am »
We are all eager and impatient to see him back, for a variety of reasons.  First, he's a genuinely nice guy, and a consummate professional; he is clearly suited to Liverpool's footballing ethos.  On another level, he suffered a devastating setback after an incredible start, and it's only human for us to want to see him back and performing well.  Which again leads us to want to see what he can do in this incredible side Klopp has put together, along side the likes of Keith and Stan, with Big Al and VVD at the back, and Robertson and TAA pulling up trees.  To say nothing of our front three, and the Incredible Cube.

We want him to be a part of this; we want him to share in this success because we feel he deserves it so so much.  But of course, Klopp will not rush because Klopp never rushes.  Despite his crazy antics from the dugout, Klopp is a man of patience when it comes to getting the players he wants, training them up, easing them into the side, and protecting them when they make mistakes or are badly injured.

He wont rush, because he doesn't have to.  It's hard on us, but we know it will be great for the team in the long run.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ox have a five minute cameo in a game or two around May, just to see everyone's spirit's lifted.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2315 on: December 26, 2018, 11:15:07 am »
After that informative article seems like Alex has a massive fight to stay positive and believe that he can return to previous levels as fans we can only insure we are patient as Klopp. Speculation isn’t positive because we are in no position to understand the specifics beyond understanding the enormity of his fight

So you mean no one has a clue. :P

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2316 on: December 26, 2018, 08:45:00 pm »
We are all eager and impatient to see him back, for a variety of reasons.  First, he's a genuinely nice guy, and a consummate professional; he is clearly suited to Liverpool's footballing ethos.  On another level, he suffered a devastating setback after an incredible start, and it's only human for us to want to see him back and performing well.  Which again leads us to want to see what he can do in this incredible side Klopp has put together, along side the likes of Keith and Stan, with Big Al and VVD at the back, and Robertson and TAA pulling up trees.  To say nothing of our front three, and the Incredible Cube.

We want him to be a part of this; we want him to share in this success because we feel he deserves it so so much.  But of course, Klopp will not rush because Klopp never rushes.  Despite his crazy antics from the dugout, Klopp is a man of patience when it comes to getting the players he wants, training them up, easing them into the side, and protecting them when they make mistakes or are badly injured.

He wont rush, because he doesn't have to.  It's hard on us, but we know it will be great for the team in the long run.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ox have a five minute cameo in a game or two around May, just to see everyone's spirit's lifted.

Good post.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2317 on: December 26, 2018, 09:38:11 pm »
Would we begrudge the club if it went out and bought a player with remarkably similar attributes to AOC?

Keita?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2318 on: December 27, 2018, 12:30:53 am »

We almost did then backed out when we saw his knee was also remarkably similar to AOC.

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #2319 on: December 28, 2018, 01:53:44 pm »
Klopp just stated that he might be back late Feb / March. Great news!