Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL Final Real Madrid v Liverpool [26 May 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 293850 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does anyone know when the Ramadan starts?

It started last Wednesday but will have little effect on Salah and Mane.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
You look at how hard our lads play for each other and have to think Real will never outrun or outwork us so if we click at all on the night, not allowing the nerves to jangle us too much ....we have a great chance of doing the unthinkable. Slim odds were given last August for us to reach the CL and like most of the teams we have faced in Europe this season we blow that out of the water. Whatever plan Jurgen has for us ...think we can all pretty much guess what we will try to do.....it pretty much has to work as we really dont have a Plan B. If the midfield outwork Real and Salah & another up front hit the ground running we have the greatest chance to relive the best nights we have ever had in Europe.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
1. E2K
2. Nessy
3. Hellrazor
4. BabuYagu pt1, pt2

If anyone hasn't read these, please do. Absolutely wonderful writing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Whos that behind Mane,next to Can?

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
2005: Royal Wedding ✅ Man Utd lose FA cup final to fabregas' London Club✅ LFC win Champions League. ✅ 2018: Royal Wedding✅ Man Utd lose FA cup final to fabregas' London Club✅ LFC win Champions League.....?

We never lost to Real in Europan Cup final ... We never lost a European Cup final on a Saturday

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We never lost to Real in Europan Cup final ... We never lost a European Cup final on a Saturday

We were the last team they lost one to as well.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
6 more modafokin sleeps

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
Whos that behind Mane,next to Can?

Is it not Ejaria?

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
Sorry to put it here but wheres the transfer thread?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
If Zidane goes the diamond, as is predicted, we’ll just bypass the midfield again, which means they’ll have to play a deep line, which in turn means their front 2 will just be isolated.

The only way I see Real having a shot is low block and sucker punching us. I don’t think their arrogance will allow for this? Maybe it will....

Zidane has proven a number of times this season he has no problem with doing that.  People who don't watch RM and are expecting some sort of version of Barca or your typical heavy possession spanish team may be surprised to see a RM quite content to sit in and hit on the counter, particularly if they have a lead.  Hence why I completely agree that 1st team to score is crucial here.

When madrid are in possession and the game is level I'm sure we'll aim to press Casemiro (if he plays) like we did Fernandinho in the tie with City.  He's far more prone to turnovers than Fernandinho and RM's weakest link in midfield.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
6 more modafokin sleeps

;D

I just can't wait no more...I am not even able to think straight, neither can I talk tactics and stuff like that...I just want to start the game, get tipsy (drunk after the game), cheer for my beloved team, sing and "spit my lungs out" as WE ARE CROWNED CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE.

Nothing else matters. YNWA

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Wonderful couple of opening posts and well worth the read. As if this game needed any more bigging up, I feel even more excited about it now.  ;D

Just seen that Madrid have let a two goal lead slip against Villareal and judging by the statistics it seems as if Villareal had their chances, so they're not this mighty all-conquering side and they're certainly not the side they were last season or even two seasons ago. That being said, they'll still comfortably be the best side we've played in years. I'm not arsed about them even if they were to field 10 clones of Ronaldo along with Ronaldo himself on the 26th. We fully deserve to be in the final and on our day can beat anyone, so I hope the occasion just doesn't get to our younger players.

For anyone needing inspiration, look at the side we fielded in 2005 versus what Milan had on the day. On paper, they should have murdered us and did in the first half. Look at the Chelsea side in 2012 against a very good Bayern Munich side with the likes of Ribery, Robben, Kroos, Lahm, Muller, Schweinsteiger all in their prime. We can more than do this on the 26th.

No way just going for you mate, but I’m sick of hearing this. We absolutely destroyed what is widely regarded as the best domestic team England has ever seen in the quarter finals, and because we made them look average due to our dominance, for some reason people are choosing to ignore that. They’re miles ahead of this Madrid side in virtually every department, and the records they’ve broken this season highlights this perfectly. The points tally United ended with would have been enough to see them as champions in 4 different seasons when Fergie was in charge, but City just obliterated everyone.

That being said, Madrid are obviously an excellent side and current holders of the trophy. But weaknesses have appeared this season that just weren’t present last season. Despite Marcelo’s marauding runs down the left last couple of seasons, he’s actually been fairly consistent from a defensive point of view. But this season defensively he’s beginning to look like the pre-Mourinho Marcelo, and this is forcing Ramos/Varane into uncomfortable situations in the full back area. They’re incredibly vulnerable to the counter attack, and a part of me keeps thinking ah there’s no way Zidane will allow Marcelo to play that high against us. But they’ve played like that against Juve, Barca, Atletico etc. why would they change just because they’re playing Liverpool? Their arrogance might just be their downfall next week.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
2005: Royal Wedding ✅ Man Utd lose FA cup final to fabregas' London Club✅ LFC win Champions League. ✅ 2018: Royal Wedding✅ Man Utd lose FA cup final to fabregas' London Club✅ LFC win Champions League.....?

80/81 - Royal Wedding - Manchester club lose to a London Club in the FA Cup Final - Eintracht Frankfurt win the DFB Pokal - Liverpool play Real Madrid in the European Cup Final

17/18 - Royal Wedding - Manchester club lose to a London Club in the FA Cup Final - Eintracht Frankfurt win the DFB Pokal - Liverpool play Real Madrid in the European Cup Final
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
80/81 - Royal Wedding - Manchester club lose to a London Club in the FA Cup Final - Eintracht Frankfurt win the DFB Pokal - Liverpool play Real Madrid in the European Cup Final

17/18 - Royal Wedding - Manchester club lose to a London Club in the FA Cup Final - Eintracht Frankfurt win the DFB Pokal - Liverpool play Real Madrid in the European Cup Final

Woooaaaahhh...It's on!!!

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Wow, Frankfurt winning it back then and now is realllly spooky  :o  ;D

• Legacy Fan
Ramos saying that he believes they can hurt us on the counter and emphasizing that they're strong at set pieces [which they are], I think their main attacking threat will come from set pieces.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Because we have Rondon, Shane Long and Tosun in our front three right? I mean there's a saying in boxing " You don't hook with a hooker". They won't have seen a counter when we start.   ;D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Because we have Rondon, Shane Long and Tosun in our front three right? I mean there's a saying in boxing " You don't hook with a hooker". They won't have seen a counter when we start.   ;D

Let's keep the personal proclivities to yourself mate.  This is embarrassing -

:jong
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
The STARS are aligned for another Liverpool Champions League triumph.

Royal Wedding in England
Liverpool beats R Madrid to win European Cup
Mahatir Mohammed becomes Prime Minister of Malaysia

Royal Wedding in England
Mahatir Mohammed becomes Prime Minister of Malaysia at 93 years old
Liverpool _______R Madrid

C'mon You REDS!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
I was certain that the stars were aligned for us back in 13/14. Fuck these comparisons, it only makes me think that something bad is gonna happen ;D.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Where’s Salah ?

Saw everyone was distracted and snuck off for a sneaky mars bar.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Saw everyone was distracted and snuck off for a sneaky mars bar.

Bullshit!

It was a Phaero!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Nerves kicking in already. Always said even if we lose the team have done great and it's been a good season. Which is still true.  But now we're here going to be either elated or gutted this time next week.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

• Legacy Fan
Nerves kicking in already. Always said even if we lose the team have done great and it's been a good season. Which is still true.  But now we're here going to be either elated or gutted this time next week.

Yup, either a great summer to look forward to or not  :( ;D

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Where’s Salah ?

Running down the wing?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yup, either a great summer to look forward to or not  :( ;D

Think it'll still be a great summer even if we don't win it,. Keita and others coming in, no qualification rounds for the Champions League after a second consecutive top four finish and we got to the final after being out of the competition way too long.

• Legacy Fan
Think it'll still be a great summer even if we don't win it,. Keita and others coming in, no qualification rounds for the Champions League after a second consecutive top four finish and we got to the final after being out of the competition way too long.
I'll be immensely proud of the lads and the manager regardless of the outcome that's for sure

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
Taking the picture, I believe. It’s at Aggers house near where the team are.

That's his house  :o

Fuck me I thought it was some sort of Training complex or Leisure Centre.  ;D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
I'll be immensely proud of the lads and the manager regardless of the outcome that's for sure

Same mate - will be more gutted though for Klopp - as much as he may say it doesn't phase him losing the last 5 finals it will surely hurt. He's got to be due a victory soon. When watching the FA cup final yesterday I was quite surprised to hear that Mourinho has won 12 of his last 14 cup finals (now 12 of 15). That's pretty impressive considering you need so much to go your way in them. Klopp was really unlucky in all of those 5 to be on the losing side except for against Sevilla where we were beaten by a much better team on the day.

We have had some luck in the run up to this as you always need in this competition - just hoping we get a bit more in the final. It seems like it will take a lot to get a penalty at the minute but the way we play up front we always force defenders into mistakes - I really pray there isn't a clear penalty not given for us this time.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
 I hope none of our players touch the trophy before kick-off :missus
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

• Legacy Fan
Same mate - will be more gutted though for Klopp - as much as he may say it doesn't phase him losing the last 5 finals it will surely hurt. He's got to be due a victory soon. When watching the FA cup final yesterday I was quite surprised to hear that Mourinho has won 12 of his last 14 cup finals (now 12 of 15). That's pretty impressive considering you need so much to go your way in them. Klopp was really unlucky in all of those 5 to be on the losing side except for against Sevilla where we were beaten by a much better team on the day.

We have had some luck in the run up to this as you always need in this competition - just hoping we get a bit more in the final. It seems like it will take a lot to get a penalty at the minute but the way we play up front we always force defenders into mistakes - I really pray there isn't a clear penalty not given for us this time.

Well said. Real have had their doze of luck this year as well [Neymar gets injured in the first leg, the penalty at the death in the 2nd leg against Juve, the missed chances for Bayern,etc..]

Let's hope we get a bit of luck in the final

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
Perhaps not quite on topic, but I have just watched a bit of Milan v Fiorentina, not much as the pace was pedestrian. I noticed that Milan were wearing the UEFA badge of Honour. Am I right in thinking that it should only be worn for Champions League games. At least that's why Liverpool don't wear it apart from Champions League.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Perhaps not quite on topic, but I have just watched a bit of Milan v Fiorentina, not much as the pace was pedestrian. I noticed that Milan were wearing the UEFA badge of Honour. Am I right in thinking that it should only be worn for Champions League games. At least that's why Liverpool don't wear it apart from Champions League.

You are right, although are you sure it was that badge?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
I think it's down the country they play in Football Association. As long as they don't have a problem with them wearing the badge of honour they can.

Sadly the English FA don't seem to like us that much and therefore don't let us wear ours.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think it's down the country they play in Football Association. As long as they don't have a problem with them wearing the badge of honour they can.

Sadly the English FA don't seem to like us that much and therefore don't let us wear ours.

No, I checked the rules and they're continent-wide.

Would it really matter in any way if we were wearing ours in league games?

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
You are right, although are you sure it was that badge?

I am sure it was as it had 7 in the middle. I remember reading a piece in the Echo a few years back after Ajax wore theirs in the Europa Cup and Liverpool were asked why they didn't wear theirs in the competition? We replied that UEFA on sanction them for Champions League games only so we were abiding by the rules. Not a big issue really just curious as to why some clubs wear them as they like and we don't.