Author Topic: PL: Liv 4 vs 2 Spur Mo 16’ Robbo 45’ Gakpo 50’ Elliot 60’ BS 73’ Son 77’  (Read 10873 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
LIVERPOOL FC V TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC
Sunday 5th May 16.30
Jürgen’s Penultimate Home Game
“Sing him home!”

Person going by the title of referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Scott Ledger and Mat Wilkes
Fourth official: Tom Bramall
VAR: John Brooks

It was a long time ago when I volunteered to write this. It was possibly a time when I held some passing interest in how other teams might fare. I’ll get them out the way first. At the time of writing, Spurs are preparing to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge as they try to oust Aston Villa from the fourth Champions League spot. One hopes they will be leggier than us thanks to that midweek game. Other than that, Paul Tierney has most amusingly been picked by the PGMOL to ‘officiate’.

Now to deal with what is far more important – how we say goodbye to one of our greatest managers, one of the most inspiring and yet most human of men in public life. I read a post in the ‘New Manager’ thread this week in which someone expressed excitement about the new regime. I’m not there yet. I’ve supported this club since the mid-1970s so the manager I revere has been, and always will be, Bob Paisley. Klopp is now his equal in my…  I was going to write ‘view’ but it would be more honest, if risking sentimentality, to write ‘heart’.

Yet sentiment – feeling – has been the defining feature of Jürgen Klopp’s managership, the fabric of that elusive connection between him and us. Thanks to his own unruly and joy-filled heart, he gave me my most memorable moment in the half-century I’ve supported Liverpool. I always thought May 25 1977 could not be supplanted, but I have never been so proud to be a Liverpool supporter than the day after the CL Final in 2022. We were all, team included, manager included, dejected after losing out on the title by one point and losing out on a seventh European cup by one goal. We were all angered, if not triggered, by the slipshod organisation and the attempt to shift blame. So many times Jürgen has found the right words. That evening, he said: “Even if nobody on this planet would understand [why] we have a parade, we will do it.”

That was half a million people living up to their anthem, putting it into jubliant, red, rumbunctious action.

Today, that man is drained of energy; he’s spent. When I saw this post, it resonated.

It’s his second to last home game. Regardless of what Spurs do, regardless of recent results, regardless of opinion pieces in the media about Salah or Nuñez, regardless of Tierney and matchday officials who have played a big part in reducing our points total, regardless of Abu Dhabi FC and their 115x-asterixed charge at the title, this is all about us and our celebration. Our celebration of Jürgen Klopp. We need to sing him home.

« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 06:05:26 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool vs Spurs
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2024, 03:39:25 pm »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 5, 2024, 04:30:45 pm »
0 Spurs get us underway as the reds attack the Annie Road end inthe first half
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 5, 2024, 04:32:21 pm »
2 early corner for Spurs

Big Virg heads clear
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 5, 2024, 04:33:24 pm »
3 Son dives  and wins a free kick to the left of our area.

Didn’t beat the first line of defence

W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 5, 2024, 04:35:18 pm »
5 Robbo bursts down the left, crosses from the byline but we don’t really have anyone in the box 
W

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #6 on: May 5, 2024, 04:36:19 pm »
5 Robbo bursts down the left, crosses from the byline but we don’t really have anyone in the box 
Nice steal there. Pity no one was arriving at the front post to meet the cross
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 5, 2024, 04:37:22 pm »
7 the usual dreadful start form us!  Dear goodness, wake up!

Salah hits the cross bar with an outrageous cross. Back in-the box and they do well to clear it
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 5, 2024, 04:39:23 pm »
9 Elliot wins it, finds Mo on the overlap, he shoots right footed, blocked, Elliot volleys the follow up at goal and Romero clears off the line.
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 5, 2024, 04:39:37 pm »
FFS Cleared off the line by a nut sack

although you could say by a nut sacks nut sack

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10 on: May 5, 2024, 04:40:25 pm »
The goalie really struggled there, but it still doesn't go in.  :-\
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #11 on: May 5, 2024, 04:40:59 pm »
The goalie really struggled there, but it still doesn't go in.  :-\
sums us up the last few weeks Jill
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 5, 2024, 04:41:59 pm »
12 another freekick to spurs wide right they take it short.

Crossed into the box and Robbo clears
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 5, 2024, 04:44:02 pm »
13 Super win and cross field pass by Quansah

Diaz wins a corner, taken short, flicked on, Mo shoots and he’s offside
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 5, 2024, 04:44:42 pm »
Neville claiming it was a free kick, haven't they already had enough?  ;D

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15 on: May 5, 2024, 04:44:57 pm »
13 Super win and cross field pass by Quansah

Diaz wins a corner, taken short, flicked on, Mo shoots and he’s offside

outrageous that from Quansah

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 5, 2024, 04:45:10 pm »
14 Spurs with possession, they drive a cross across the face of goal but no one is there
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 5, 2024, 04:45:41 pm »
outrageous that from Quansah

Especially as Ali didn't do him any favours with the pass, the lad did well.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 5, 2024, 04:46:04 pm »
YES

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #19 on: May 5, 2024, 04:46:10 pm »
He’s back
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 5, 2024, 04:46:13 pm »
15 1-0 Salah

Gakpo down the left, corses to the back post and Mo nods home
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 5, 2024, 04:46:26 pm »
Might have stolen that one.  Sorry Jill
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 5, 2024, 04:46:27 pm »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 5, 2024, 04:46:57 pm »
Over to Jill !
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 5, 2024, 04:47:37 pm »
Might have stolen that one.  Sorry Jill

I'll forgive you.  :D

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 5, 2024, 04:47:38 pm »
15 1-0 Salah

Lovely ball out to Gakpo by Endo in the build up

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #26 on: May 5, 2024, 04:47:41 pm »
15 1-0 Salah

lovely ball from Gakpo

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Spurs Mo 16’
« Reply #27 on: May 5, 2024, 04:48:19 pm »
16 I have to say the timing of Mo's run there was spot on.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 5, 2024, 04:48:58 pm »
16 I have to say the timing of Mo's run there was spot on.
Not bad for an out of form, past it, disrespectful has been

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 5, 2024, 04:49:15 pm »
18 Diaz wins a free kick after going on  a cross field run. Diaz is down at the moment, it looked a painful one. He's okay though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 5, 2024, 04:50:56 pm »
19 We win another free kick, but Spurs stop us from taking a quick one. Wake up referee.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 5, 2024, 04:52:19 pm »
21 A lovely run by Gakpo and he releases the ball for Diaz, but the goalie is quick in his actions and manages to smother the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 5, 2024, 04:53:42 pm »
22 We win a corner on the left, which is cleared and we get another corner this time on the right. But Robbo puts the ball straight into the goalies arms.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 5, 2024, 04:55:12 pm »
24 A nice ball for Gakpo who goes in agains two Spurs players and is pushed off the ball, nothing given.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 5, 2024, 04:57:15 pm »
26 Salah does well to keep hold of the ball after coming under pressure, we're passing it around well at the moment, keeping possession.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 5, 2024, 04:57:47 pm »
I’m so glad that Jurgen is a red ringing out

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 5, 2024, 04:59:08 pm »
28 Continued possession from us, Spurs have been quite passive so far, let's hope that continues!

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 5, 2024, 05:00:38 pm »
Be nice to grab a second while we’re well on top. Something we’ve really struggled to do of late

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 5, 2024, 05:00:41 pm »
29 We get a corner which goes behind everyone, but Salah manages to pinch the ball, Trent comes in late and Spurs put it away for another corner. Whistle goes, ball back with Spurs.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 5, 2024, 05:01:04 pm »
Be nice to grab a second while we’re well on top. Something we’ve really struggled to do of late
It would, we’ve played quite well too
W