Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 622476 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #8560 on: May 18, 2023, 09:06:33 pm »
I love Erik Spoelstra. The Heat are absolutely blessed to have him.
easily the most underrated coach in the nBA

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8561 on: May 18, 2023, 10:54:05 pm »
seriously, how the hell is it possible that you cover the NBA and you haven't seen the 2xMVP playing previously?
and you say that so casually? this is seriously embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/nikolaesthetic/status/1659076820682043392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1659076820682043392%7Ctwgr%5E6d949d614d2272dfe1b5c991c0c455a7e71b57fd%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2291438
Because ESPN doesnt send it A crew to cover Den a lot of the time. It might have meant in person or there other games on at the time where the focus is on a different game etc.
She also the sideline reporter for MNF, so is also covering football too.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8562 on: May 19, 2023, 05:44:36 am »
2-0 Denver

Lakers has a chance in both games there, I think Denver takes care of the business and gets 1 at Lakers.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8563 on: May 19, 2023, 10:05:16 am »
Four straight 20-point triple doubles for Jokic now - he's averaging a 30-point triple double for the post season. If he and Murray stay fit through the series (and possibly the next one) they're going to be very hard to stop. Still, these ended up being two tight games considering their brilliant home court form.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 10:08:52 am by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8564 on: May 19, 2023, 10:09:41 am »
Denver are winning the whole thing. Can't see anyone stopping them now sadly. Celtics Nuggets final with Denver winning in 6 I think

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8565 on: May 19, 2023, 10:30:15 am »
At some point Jokic 4th quarter invisible act this series is going to haunt them

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8566 on: May 19, 2023, 01:31:28 pm »
easily the most underrated coach in the nBA

Thing is, who underrates him apart from the type of people that have only just realised Jokic is quite good at basketball? Longest serving coach in the NBA (behind Pop), countless finals, 2 rings, he’s done everything. Celtics thought they’d dodged a bullet when Atlanta won but we’ve ended up meeting them anyway!

The Joe Maz experience has been a strange one this season and I’ve always remained optimistic and positive, until now that is. I’d be shocked if we overcome the Heat in this series but let’s see what happens.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8567 on: May 20, 2023, 11:12:26 am »
Denver are winning the whole thing. Can't see anyone stopping them now sadly. Celtics Nuggets final with Denver winning in 6 I think

I'll change this. The Celtics are getting swept here. Denver to beat Miami in 5 in the finals

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8568 on: May 21, 2023, 04:43:28 am »
Lakers are on Cancun watch.
Nuggets where super impressive on the road to beat LA

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #8569 on: May 21, 2023, 08:55:23 am »
Yeah Lakers need a rebuild. These 2 can't get it done consistently and it's probably a long, painful road back.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8570 on: May 21, 2023, 09:02:15 am »
Both Eastern and Western finals could be sweeps. Mad really.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8571 on: May 21, 2023, 12:19:11 pm »
3-0 Nuggets, damn.

When their other players get involved such as Murray playing like a superstar last few games, KCP playing like a key role player, Brown like a prime bruce Bowen, I don't see any team standing in front of them.

I have a feeling NBA wanted a Lakers-Celtics match up in the finals, glad they are almost getting swept ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8572 on: May 21, 2023, 12:21:13 pm »
Yeah Lakers need a rebuild. These 2 can't get it done consistently and it's probably a long, painful road back.
Reaves and Hachimura have been great for them this play-off's and they are both free agents this summer, there is no way they are keeping both.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8573 on: May 21, 2023, 06:44:41 pm »
No they build out depth. They basically have 5 playable players. They going all in next season in the what likely Lebron last year in LA.
Lebron also not 100% heathly.
Jokic has been the better big offensively and defensively

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8574 on: May 22, 2023, 04:56:59 am »
Wow Heat.
Celtics looks like there ready for Cancun

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8575 on: May 22, 2023, 08:51:06 am »
No they build out depth. They basically have 5 playable players. They going all in next season in the what likely Lebron last year in LA.
Lebron also not 100% heathly.
Jokic has been the better big offensively and defensively
I don't know mate, I think the ship has sailed on this roster, and persisting with it only extends the agony.

Knowing the Lakers, they'll probably give Lebron a disastrous Kobe style 'Thank you' contract for a further 3 years.

Hope I'm wrong, but while other teams are clearly on the up, the Lakers seem shackled to the past, and with increasing injuries and restricted cap space it's only going to look uglier.

So much for my wanting a Celtics/Lakers marquee matchup, both are going to be swept, and well done to Chicago and Denver, both have been dominant in fairness.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8576 on: May 22, 2023, 08:55:51 am »
I don't know mate, I think the ship has sailed on this roster, and persisting with it only extends the agony.

Knowing the Lakers, they'll probably give Lebron a disastrous Kobe style 'Thank you' contract for a further 3 years.

Hope I'm wrong, but while other teams are clearly on the up, the Lakers seem shackled to the past, and with increasing injuries and restricted cap space it's only going to look uglier.

So much for my wanting a Celtics/Lakers marquee matchup, both are going to be swept, and well done to Chicago and Denver, both have been dominant in fairness.
They've been so dominant they haven't conceded a single basket in the post season.  :P

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8577 on: May 22, 2023, 08:58:11 am »

Lebron has specifically has his contract step up to be an FA so he can play with his Son who going be a freshman in college next year and likely a one and done.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8578 on: May 22, 2023, 09:03:19 am »
They've been so dominant they haven't conceded a single basket in the post season.  :P
Now that's impressive  ;D  Honestly much as it's not what I had expected/wanted the Finals to look like, I am very intrigued to see how Chicago/Denver fare against each other.

I hope it won't be a mismatch, as the conference finals appear to be.
Lebron has specifically has his contract step up to be an FA so he can play with his Son who going be a freshman in college next year and likely a one and done.
That's interesting, I just hope the Lakers front office do something they're usually not very good with in recent years, and that's actually plan for the future...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8579 on: May 22, 2023, 10:08:22 am »
Miami are going to sweep Celtics most likely. Jimmy Butler has been brilliant

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8580 on: May 22, 2023, 10:15:34 am »
Lakers don't need to plan; their brand and location mean they get their pick of the free agents no matter how shambolic their management is. c*nts.

Anyway, let's go Chicago Heat, I'm a huge Jimmy Jordan fan.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8581 on: May 23, 2023, 04:48:20 am »
Nuggets Sweep the Lakers, First ever Sweep in the playoffs for the Nuggets, First ever trip to the NBA finals. Jokic passes Wilt for most triple doubles in the Playoffs with 8 passing Wilt who had 7 in 1967.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8582 on: May 23, 2023, 06:48:44 am »
Lakers take the series, no one is beating them 4 times imo. AD will also lock up Jokic
??? :-X

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8583 on: May 23, 2023, 08:48:34 am »
Lakers take the series, no one is beating them 4 times imo. AD will also lock up Jokic

This prediction went as well as the Sturridge and Balotelli strike partnership you based your username name off.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8584 on: May 23, 2023, 09:04:33 am »
Post game talk is all about what Lebron does next, chasing Wilt's record, playing with his son etc.

Happy for the guy to chase his personal goals, but the Lakers need to think collectively rather than what a star player wants (something they've never been particularly good at, as with Kobe's last contract).

He's done so much, but his body can't carry anymore, that mixed with AD's disappearing acts means -I'll say it again- they need to plan ahead.

I get they're tied up in cap space and what they could do, but lay the foundations now for the next step and stop chasing vets & persisting with a project that's passed its sell by date and will only get worse over time.

Won't happen I'm sure, they'll just keep going down this road, while teams all around them are fresher and getting stronger.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8585 on: May 23, 2023, 09:33:09 am »
This prediction went as well as the Sturridge and Balotelli strike partnership you based your username name off.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

That ether makes your soul burn slow.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8586 on: May 23, 2023, 09:40:11 am »
Post game talk is all about what Lebron does next, chasing Wilt's record

what record is that? surely not trying for 100 in a game? :)

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8587 on: May 23, 2023, 10:45:43 am »
what record is that? surely not trying for 100 in a game? :)
Apologies. Meant to say Kareem's scoring record

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8588 on: May 23, 2023, 11:04:11 am »
I like the Nuggets in this sereis
AD not going lock up Jokic. It going be interesting to how they defend them
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1658589641094594561?t=SCafaQW8yWUDKy1YiBePAg&s=19

Yup that aged horribly the Lakers shot themselves in the foot and threw 2 games away imo. Games 2 and 4 should’ve been Lakers wins. Ham also had to start Shroeder & Rui as soon as Game 2. Shambolic stuff to go down like that after being up 15 at HT last night.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 11:16:44 am by Studgotelli »

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8589 on: May 23, 2023, 11:06:24 am »

:lmao :lmao

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #8590 on: May 23, 2023, 07:40:23 pm »
Apologies. Meant to say Kareem's scoring record
... which he broke in last February. As he has no realistic chance for 6 rings, hard to see what is left for him to chase, though he absolutely wants a testimonial tour season to surpass Kobe's.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8591 on: May 23, 2023, 09:11:57 pm »
Yup that aged horribly the Lakers shot themselves in the foot and threw 2 games away imo. Games 2 and 4 should’ve been Lakers wins. Ham also had to start Shroeder & Rui as soon as Game 2. Shambolic stuff to go down like that after being up 15 at HT last night.
I mean to beat denver basically have to outscore them, Lakers offense just didn't have enough consistently(they had multiple stretches to of it in the series). Denver Defense is pretty good too. Also it very hard to get 2nd chance points, Jokic either boxes his player well or grabs the defensive board and pushes in transition.
I felt Lakers had 5 playable players in the series and the Nuggets had 7. There basically asking AD to be the #1 options and the guy defensively. Jokic was the better Defensive Player this series too.
Lakers had some chances but like den just had more. Lebron gave everything first half and needed somebody to do something in the 3rd quarter so he could do enough done the stretch.
At least the Lakers in all the games have felt like put up a fight, same cant be said in the other series right now.
Idk why they lakers didnt go the lineup that started in game 4 in game 3. Ham and his staff did about good of job as he could. Malone and his staff also did a great job

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #8592 on: May 24, 2023, 09:38:41 am »
Finally Miami stop massively over performing shot percentages and Boston get a game 5
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8593 on: May 28, 2023, 04:24:56 am »
Derrick White with one of the greatest plays in playoff history.  Amazing ending.
King Kenny.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8594 on: May 28, 2023, 04:27:29 am »
That was incredible, amazing ending to a game boston nearly threw away, but now they could complete the comeback from 3-0 down.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8595 on: May 28, 2023, 04:47:15 am »
What a finish
This is the first game 7 at home after being down 0-3 ever. 4th time there a game 7 in this situation

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8596 on: May 28, 2023, 08:47:37 am »
Tried to stay up and watch it but after a day of digging up a garden my body wouldn't let me. Woke up in a panic this morning thinking it could be all over and then watched the highlights and fucking hell, this Celtics team is actually going to kill me. Just watching the 10 minute highlights was stressful!!

That Whyte play to win it could go down as one of the greatest ever if the Celtics pull this off. It looked lost at that point and if it went to OT I think the Celtics would have been beat with the swing of the game

Roll on Game 7 in Boston, could they actually do it?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #8597 on: May 28, 2023, 09:08:06 am »
History either way no? Can't remember any 8th seeds making it to the NBA Finals
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #8598 on: May 28, 2023, 10:12:38 am »
Couldn't watch it in the early hours this morning, so just watched a replay while avoiding the score, totally stunned at that finish.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8599 on: May 28, 2023, 05:30:37 pm »
History either way no? Can't remember any 8th seeds making it to the NBA Finals
1999 Knicks made the Finals an 8 seed.