Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 175482 times)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #1040 on: June 5, 2015, 05:58:02 pm »
Interested to know who is enforcing these changes???

The owners. Who else?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #1041 on: June 5, 2015, 05:58:37 pm »
I agree. This is the logical conclusion, no?

Yep.  I'm sure we'd all be scratching our heads if we went into next season with the same management and coaching structure.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: June 5, 2015, 05:58:56 pm »
A revitalized coaching set up could do wonders for the players, if they can get the right people in. Some big decisions to be made over the summer.
Just hope we have people at the club with the nous to make them.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1043 on: June 5, 2015, 05:59:18 pm »
So who chooses the replacements? If you're forcing the manager to get rid of some of his coaching staff surely you're questioning his judgement, in which case why would you let him choose the replacements?
Not necessarily an indictment of his judgement as such. A decent argument that this coaching team has gone stale and run its course. Doesn't mean Rodgers can't be trusted with any element of his domain.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: June 5, 2015, 05:59:30 pm »
If FSG have insisted on Pascoe being sacked then Brendan is a bit of a coward to accept that. Somewhat different if this has been instigated by Brendan himself.

Maybe Rodgers understands that Pascoe/Marsh aren't worthwhile too.

He's probably agreed to anything in order to keep his job, because make no mistake if Rodgers was sacked last week then his next job would be at a club much smaller than ours
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1045 on: June 5, 2015, 06:00:18 pm »
What did Evans say?

It's on twitter. I'm on a library computer at the moment, so I can't post it. Just look for his conversation with our @royhendo. Basically insinuates the signings aren't Rodgers's picks/targets, and Benteke is a Committee target.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1046 on: June 5, 2015, 06:00:24 pm »
Seems really odd to me that Pascoe would go and not Rodgers too, are there many managers who've got rid of their assistants, they're usually superglued together

Ferguson: Archie Knox, Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren, Jimmy Ryan, Carlos Queiroz, Walter Smith, Mike Phelan.
Wenger: Pat Rice, Steve Bould
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1047 on: June 5, 2015, 06:00:30 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-pays-6944035

Hard to imagine it was Rodgers idea. FSG pulling strings it seems. On another hand, Rory Smith said something completely different.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1048 on: June 5, 2015, 06:00:44 pm »
Interested to know who is enforcing these changes???
Torben Piechnik

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: June 5, 2015, 06:01:07 pm »
forcing the manager to get rid of some of his coaching staff

what the actual fuck? do you have any quotes?

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: June 5, 2015, 06:01:14 pm »
If FSG have insisted on Pascoe being sacked then Brendan is a bit of a coward to accept that. Somewhat different if this has been instigated by Brendan himself.

We don't know how the meeting went or how he made his decisions.  Maybe Rodgers is willing to do anything to obtain success here.  If we're successful, he's successful, and vice versa.

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
« Reply #1051 on: June 5, 2015, 06:01:41 pm »
I agree. This is the logical conclusion, no?

Just a little strange for the board to remove the supporting cast but not Rodgers.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: June 5, 2015, 06:01:52 pm »
It's on twitter. I'm on a library computer at the moment, so I can't post it. Just look for his conversation with our @royhendo. Basically insinuates the signings aren't Rodgers's picks/targets, and Benteke is a Committee target.

I never believe Tony Evans.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: June 5, 2015, 06:02:58 pm »
So many variables for this..

Rodgers has thrown Marsh and Pascoe under the bus to save himself.
Rodgers has accepted that he needs continental experience to push on to the next stage and compete on multiple fronts.
Rodgers has had his wings clipped by FSG.

Lots, me included have said that he needed a stronger team around him.. Sometimes you need that little push in the right direction to make you see it yourself.

Good move for me if we bring the right men in.. Rene.. Sami.. Paco any of them please.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: June 5, 2015, 06:03:08 pm »
Just a little strange for the board to remove the supporting cast but not Rodgers.

Not really.  The likes of Alex Ferguson changed his coaching staff regularly.  I think it could revitalise our football and bring new ideas.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: June 5, 2015, 06:03:13 pm »
I'd have Sammy Lee back.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: June 5, 2015, 06:03:14 pm »
what the actual fuck? do you have any quotes?
Rodgers was reassured his job was safe but has been forced to accept changes to his backroom team to maintain the Reds hotseat. (Echo)

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #1057 on: June 5, 2015, 06:03:14 pm »
Maybe Rodgers understands that Pascoe/Marsh aren't worthwhile too.

He's probably agreed to anything in order to keep his job, because make no mistake if Rodgers was sacked last week then his next job would be at a club much smaller than ours

Well, keeping your job at any cost is a cowardly thing to do. Different if he thought Pascoe and Marsh weren't up to the job. However, if that's not the case then he is weak and he won't last much longer anyway.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: June 5, 2015, 06:04:32 pm »
Not really.  The likes of Alex Ferguson changed his coaching staff regularly.  I think it could revitalise our football and bring new ideas.

Yep. Things could have gotten stale so freshening things up could be just what we need. Rodgers is pretty forward thinking as well so keeping him and his coaching ability has plenty of plusses.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: June 5, 2015, 06:04:49 pm »
So who chooses the replacements? If you're forcing the manager to get rid of some of his coaching staff surely you're questioning his judgement, in which case why would you let him choose the replacements?

Rodgers is employed to manage the team - he just may not be great at selecting assistant coaches. It was clear that Ferguson's judgement was poor when he selected Moyes as his replacement but that doesn't mean he wasn't a very good manager of his teams.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1060 on: June 5, 2015, 06:04:54 pm »
Possibly but we don't know what deal was done and what plan was agreed to.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1061 on: June 5, 2015, 06:05:39 pm »
After the 6-1 battering 'something' had to change.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: June 5, 2015, 06:05:45 pm »
i wonder if this will herald the incoming of a DoF. I doubt it's BRs choice to lose pascoe given their history and the fact that managers and backroom staff tend to be quite loyal to each other. If thats the case then I doubt BR gets to pick who comes in either in which case the question must be who's going to decide who comes in?

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: June 5, 2015, 06:05:47 pm »
So many variables for this..

Rodgers has thrown Marsh and Pascoe under the bus to save himself.
Rodgers has accepted that he needs continental experience to push on to the next stage and compete on multiple fronts.
Rodgers has had his wings clipped by FSG.

Lots, me included have said that he needed a stronger team around him.. Sometimes you need that little push in the right direction to make you see it yourself.

Good move for me if we bring the right men in.. Rene.. Sami.. Paco any of them please.

All of the above maybe?  Rodgers would certainly be gone if he didn't accept changes, but maybe he knows changes need to be made in light of the second claim.  The third is becoming clear, esp if the DOF rumours are true.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: June 5, 2015, 06:06:11 pm »
Could be a compromise of sorts whereby Rodgers agrees to removing Pascoe and Marsh for different personnel, while they give him carte blanche on his transfers.

I'm sure more information will come out in due course.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: June 5, 2015, 06:06:38 pm »
  The third is becoming clear, esp if the DOF rumours are true.

What rumours? We already have a DoF, it's just a Committee!

Could be a compromise of sorts whereby Rodgers agrees to removing Pascoe and Marsh for different personnel, while they give him carte blanche on his transfers.

Elaborate?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
« Reply #1066 on: June 5, 2015, 06:07:03 pm »
I'm not really seeing the logic in the moves so far. Rodgers, unusually for a manager, is a very hands-on coach. It's all driven by his vision. So, if FSG aren't happy with the coaching, it surely leads to the manager, and if they're happy with the coaching, why sack the assistants? It's not as if the replacements will have a bigger say in the coaching -or, if they do, it once again begs the question: what exactly do FSG trust Rodgers to do?

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: June 5, 2015, 06:07:07 pm »
Rodgers is having his responsibilities demarcated to focus solely on coaching and development which, imo, is fine since these are the only qualities he has been able to demonstrate throughout his tenure.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1068 on: June 5, 2015, 06:08:16 pm »
What rumours? We already have a DoF, it's just a Committee!
As Sean Rogers points out, transfer committees are relatively common it's just that ours has a title which is poor PR.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #1069 on: June 5, 2015, 06:08:49 pm »
What's clear is that very little is clear.

Let's be clear. What you say about there being 'very little that is clear is clear in itself', is quite clear. I'm clearly paraphrasing here. But to be clearer, should information come out that is not clear and possibly makes the situation even less clear, then we can be clear about one thing.

What that thing is exactly, I'm not particularly clear about.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: June 5, 2015, 06:09:26 pm »
I'm not really seeing the logic in the moves so far. Rodgers, unusually for a manager, is a very hands-on coach. It's all driven by his vision. So, if FSG aren't happy with the coaching, it surely leads to the manager, and if they're happy with the coaching, why sack the assistants? It's not as if the replacements will have a bigger say in the coaching -or, if they do, it once again begs the question: what exactly do FSG trust Rodgers to do?

There is a thousand theories out there. One could be that Rodgers is the brains of it all and maybe Pascoe and Marsh dont offer enough challenge to his thinking.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: June 5, 2015, 06:10:00 pm »
Let's be clear. What you say about there being 'very little that is clear is clear in itself', is quite clear. I'm clearly paraphrasing here. But to be clearer, should information come out that is not clear and possibly makes the situation even less clear, then we can be clear about one thing.

I think all that is clear.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1072 on: June 5, 2015, 06:10:35 pm »

Clearly

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: June 5, 2015, 06:12:04 pm »
Glad that's all cleared up.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: June 5, 2015, 06:12:08 pm »
Rodgers is employed to manage the team - he just may not be great at selecting assistant coaches. It was clear that Ferguson's judgement was poor when he selected Moyes as his replacement but that doesn't mean he wasn't a very good manager of his teams.
A big part of his success was picking the right coaches to work under him though.  He trusted them to do a lot of the coaching for him.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: June 5, 2015, 06:12:12 pm »

What do you think actually happens at Melwood? There isn't just one type of 'coaching' that's done by the manager. There will be all sorts of training going on and different drills for defence, attack, goal keeping etc. The manager doesn't and shouldn't do all of those things. Ferguson was hands off and focussed on the vision thing while his assistants led the training ground routines.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: June 5, 2015, 06:12:27 pm »
Maybe Rodgers becomes a coach like figure at the club, whilst somebody else gets complete reigns over transfers and overall strategy?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: June 5, 2015, 06:12:48 pm »

There is no chance in hell the likes of Bogdan, Marshall etc. are the goal keepers Rodgers would pick.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: June 5, 2015, 06:12:55 pm »
Elaborate?

It's just a theory. A compromise between FSG and Rodgers where they understand a change needs to be made. Coaching staff not up to scratch, so FSG remove them and look for more experienced personnel. As Rodgers is losing those he knows and trusts - he asks FSG to provide him with more authority on who he gets to sign, getting those experienced players in which he has wanted in the past. The quick signing of Milner would point towards a direct shift in strategy as FSG haven't really sanctioned this type of wage for an experienced player before.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: June 5, 2015, 06:14:40 pm »
There is no chance in hell the likes of Bogdan, Marshall etc. are the goal keepers Rodgers would pick.
Isn't Migs the anti-thesis to Rodgers' philosophy yet was picked by him?