Author Topic: Half time: Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool  (Read 3607 times)

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Half time: Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool
« Reply #80 on: January 7, 2024, 05:22:58 pm »
How the fuck is White not booked?

Coz you know what will happen second half

I also see the punishment of dissent has been dropped again as jorginho is allowed to yell at the ref to fuck off.

Need to sometimes go for the long ball when they're pressing rather than carrying on trying to go short when we've run out of options.

Minor thing - I'd have been fuming if they'd got anything from that last free kick, as they took the throw leading to it with a new ball while the old one was still on the pitch.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #81 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:00 pm »
Performance as bad as the commentary. Serves me right for watching it on Arsenal fan TV....oh no, wait, it's BBC.

Very worrying first half from us though, as said above, it's a long time since I've seen us outplayed that badly.

Arsenal close enough to full strength and raising their game looking for a reaction. We're missing a lot of players, you can see why Jurgen has gone with more or less the strongest team he could because we'd be battered if he'd rested loads.

It shows the need for some reinforcements this month in some areas.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #82 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:07 pm »
Funny... I don't remember subscribing to Arsenal TV

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #83 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:12 pm »
Really miss Virgil at the back. Konate looks like he is running through treacle at times.

Gakpo cant hold on to the ball and we are giving the ball away constantly inviting them on. Arsenal should really be in front, but not by as many as Shearer seems to think! What did he say they should be 4 or 5 up :)

I think we miss Endo's ability to break up play too. Macca not really getting much opportunity to turn and play forward, partly due to Arsenal press, but also we are generally too slow.
Klopp needs to change it up a bit in the second half we we are to get through this.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:13 pm »
Alan Shearer is thick as shit with his “Arsenal could have had had three or four goals”. He doesn’t realise that when two or three shots come from the same phase of play, doesn’t mean they can’t score from each of those shots. If one had gone in the game would reset.

That involves brain cells. You're making the mistake of thinking he has any.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #85 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:35 pm »
0-0, lads going in for a famous Klopp half time talk, game is still wide open for me.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #86 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:44 pm »
Whatever happens, I just hope we don't pick up injuries.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #87 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:47 pm »
Very even poor game.

Even is not the word I would use. We have been dominated

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #88 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:48 pm »
We’re missing three key players and it’s showing. We are losing the press too often.

Shearer talking shite saying Arsenal could be 4 or 5 up………on what planet could they have scored that many? They fluffed all their chances and hit the bar, so did we.

Arsenal being allowed to push and pull our players but as soon as we do the same then it’s a foul. They should have had two yellow cards. One for dissent and one when orange head pulled Jones down.

We need to retain the ball a bit better and get hold of midfield otherwise we’ll lose the game. Pity that Trent’s shot didn’t go in. Our front three need to do more.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2024, 05:26:02 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:48 pm »
Does Ben White fake tan?

On the match, we’ve been terrible, players out injured and a tough place to come but it’s not a stretch to demand more. Frustratingly slow to release the ball on the odd chance we’ve had to break on them.

Saka shamelessly diving every chance he gets, when will they call it out for what it is? You get barged worse on the London tube
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:51 pm »
Get jota on thanks

I'd rather we didn't and saved him for the league.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #92 on: January 7, 2024, 05:23:54 pm »
I don't feel we've been as bad as most people here.  They've looked extremely sharp, but that doesn't mean we've been bad.  Just keep a bit more composure when we get close to the goal and would still love us to move the ball more quickly side to side. 

I feel like the ref has been decent for the first 45, but that's how I felt about Taylor against the Saudis.  I know it didn't come to anything, but how is that shoulder to shoulder tackle at the end a foul on Gakpo?

Keep it scoreless until about 70 and then bring Jota on to win it. 

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #93 on: January 7, 2024, 05:24:03 pm »
My expert insight from that first half - Ben White is one freaky looking dude

He looks like an intruder sent into Love Island.

Should have got a card for the assault on Jones.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: January 7, 2024, 05:24:05 pm »
Jorginho pulls back Liverpool shirt = no booking
Tells ref to 'fuck off' = no booking

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #95 on: January 7, 2024, 05:24:10 pm »
I also see the punishment of dissent has been dropped again as jorginho is allowed to yell at the ref to fuck off.

Need to sometimes go for the long ball when they're pressing rather than carrying on trying to go short when we've run out of options.

Minor thing - I'd have been fuming if they'd got anything from that last free kick, as they took the throw leading to it with a new ball while the old one was still on the pitch.

yep clear as day.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #96 on: January 7, 2024, 05:24:25 pm »
0-0, lads going in for a famous Klopp half time talk, game is still wide open for me.

Of course it is. Thats why anyone flapping is a silly sausage. Feels like a dirty little smash and Jota grab on the cards for me.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #97 on: January 7, 2024, 05:24:29 pm »
Need to move Elliott to midfield
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 7, 2024, 05:24:56 pm »
Quality player for Arsenal Brookes

Eh! Refs been better than most of our players so far.

Our press isn't working and we're struggling to beat their press. Not sure what Gakpo is supposed to offer in midfield, but it's not working.

Diaz, Gomez and others having some of the poorest games in their locker. Hopefully we sort ourselves out second half

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #99 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:00 pm »
I think Shearer’s got an issue with basic counting. Keeps saying four chances when he means two. For the ‘thousandth time’ Al, stop exaggerating.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #100 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:03 pm »
Hugely fortunate to still be in this tie.....outplayed for the entire 45 mins....

On the plus side Lucy Ward isn't on co-commentary duty...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #101 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:09 pm »
I'd rather we didn't and saved him for the league.

When is our next league game?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:11 pm »
Trent looks so powerful running with the ball as well. He is so so good. Has he found an extra yard of pace as well?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:16 pm »
What's Ben White done to his face

Allegedly doesn't love playing football,he does love a tan though

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #104 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:19 pm »
Just please don’t end a draw.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #105 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:25 pm »

Yeah I agree. He lacks the pace to be a direct replacement.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:29 pm »

Can someone tell me what Saka is actually good at other than diving and generally being a c*nt..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:31 pm »
Gakpo is probably the least intense/aggressive player we’ve signed under Klopp. He’s a bit of an enigma for me. I can appreciate his qualities as a player but it feels like we haven’t really sussed him out. Plays a different position every game. Certainly not the type of player you’d ever expect to be in a Klopp midfield though.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #108 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:54 pm »

Who do we play on the right though?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #109 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:56 pm »
The header for Havertz on a corner or free kick was a blatant foul. He pushes Quansah, gently, but enough to push him forward and out of the way then jumps over his back.
I think this ref is a let it flow type....maybe we need to test that!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #110 on: January 7, 2024, 05:25:58 pm »
would be nice to have a quick player for that right spot, difficult game to through Gordon into but at least Kiwi would have something to worry about

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #111 on: January 7, 2024, 05:26:01 pm »
Defence has been all at sea, Quansah is definitely being targetted, tough experience. Midefield has held up better than I thought it would after ten minutes, but still under almighty pressure. Up front they are not showing enough, not finding space to offer an outlet.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 7, 2024, 05:26:01 pm »
Gakpo needs to do more nobody is going to give him the time to get a second touch. Mcallister is showing his rawness after being out injured needs to let go of the ball quicker. Put Jota up front nunez on the right Gakpo behind Jota let's go.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #113 on: January 7, 2024, 05:26:11 pm »
Who do we play on the right though?

Diaz.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 7, 2024, 05:26:18 pm »
Arsenal are a top team and have really gone at us in the first half and we haven't conceded so don't get what all the doom and gloom is about. It's not realistic to expect us to dominate every game.

Diaz hasn't fired at all this game after his Newcastle masterclass so would move Gakpo over there and bring Grav on in midfield. Maybe Jota on for Harvey as well.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 7, 2024, 05:26:20 pm »
That is about what was expected. Our defense is hanging on by a tread, and we are up against an Arsenal in "crisis" at home. They need this win a hell of a lot more than we do. They were always going to be super gung-ho. We defended very well with that lineup.
Mac Allister is a very frustrating footballer. All the technique in the world, but could be faster of thought at times.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #116 on: January 7, 2024, 05:26:31 pm »
The absolute arrogance going to Emirates with Gakpo playing in midfield, the lad barely runs and there's like 0 intensity to his pressing game.

And sorry but that's a horrible game management from Klopp and co, we haven't changed a thing since the 1st minute when it was clear this setup won't work. Lucky we're not 3 goals down, some absolute shite performances out there.

Also, has anyone ever seen Nunez winning a header? 

That bein said, we’re probably winning this!

You'd like to see us change it quicker in first halves when we get the setup wrong. It's like we wait till half time to address it and hope for the best.

4 forwards and no DM is asking for trouble away at a top side. Endo even a bigger miss than Salah that half.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 7, 2024, 05:26:36 pm »
He looks like an intruder sent into Love Island.

Should have got a card for the assault on Jones.
Reminds me of V

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 7, 2024, 05:26:51 pm »
Gakpo is probably the least intense/aggressive player we’ve signed under Klopp. He’s a bit of an enigma for me. I can appreciate his qualities as a player but it feels like we haven’t really sussed him out. Plays a different position every game. Certainly not the type of player you’d ever expect to be in a Klopp midfield though.

It’s sort of like blaming Gomez for playing left back, the last two games Gakpo has played he has got a goal and assist and a disallowed goal that should have stood. This games he’s created our best chance, what more do you want from him, to be a top class midfielder out the blue also?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #119 on: January 7, 2024, 05:26:53 pm »
Most likely f Arsenal best chances have come from losing possession in dangerous places with loose passes.

Get the composure and confidence back.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."