Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Aston Villa, Anfield. Sun 3 Sep 2pm  (Read 14193 times)

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Aston Villa, Anfield. Sun 3 Sep 2pm
« Reply #40 on: September 1, 2023, 02:41:24 am »

"Challenge Accepted."

Yes I can imagine a yellow for Trent for taking a quick free kick or looking at him funny  ;D

Thanks Duvva la. Tough game. They have loads of quality. But I expect them to be total c*nts in this game. They will be totally happy with a point. An early goal for us would be a dream.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 1, 2023, 05:46:20 am »
I think, this might be the game where many things click even without Van Dijk and Konate. Villa might just be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #42 on: September 1, 2023, 06:49:28 am »
Lovely OP.

To emerge with 10 points from the first four games would be great, especially given that the squad has been unsettled with new signings and red cards. Villa look tough. Not going to be straightforward, I suspect.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 1, 2023, 08:40:29 am »
Is Konate definitely not fit for this one? Hopefully some positive news on this from Klopps presser soon.

I'd bring in Nunez for Gakpo, keep midfield as it is. Hopefully thiago is on bench.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 1, 2023, 08:54:02 am »
Taking the lads to this, they're buzzing to get back on the Kop.

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win, not going to be an easy game, players need to be smart and do nothing to get a soft yellow card
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 1, 2023, 09:18:54 am »
Take any kind of win and finishing with 11 men on the pitch. Hopefully get to see a little apearance Gravenberch aswell.

The ref is going to be on an absolute mission to do everything by the book after his suspension, guess that could work for or against us.

Presser shortly so see who is available, hopefully Konate is fit.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46 on: September 1, 2023, 09:29:51 am »
Watkins always does well against us and Bailey and Diaby are pacy. They could be a handful if we don’t set up right.

But going forward we’re looking decent and Mings for all his faults seemed to be their organiser in chief so there should be goals in it for us.

3-1 Reds.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 1, 2023, 09:42:59 am »
Could Gravy feature?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #48 on: September 1, 2023, 09:43:12 am »
Villa have played midweek - admittedly with a lot of their starting 11 rested - but with a weeks prep and the feel good factor around the dressing room, I am relatively confident of a win. Good side though villa and with a good manager. Like every other team they will sit deep against us so I am not sure Nunez will start. Seems like a match for Gakpo.

I am with Nick on this one, 3-1 us
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 1, 2023, 10:10:01 am »
Here's hoping we are awake from the kick off and don't do anything soft in the first 10 minutes.

Or the first 15 minutes.

Or the whole 90, for that matter.

:P
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #50 on: September 1, 2023, 10:12:59 am »
Looking forward to seen how Matip and Gomez do the weekend. These two will play a lot of minutes this season so it will be interesting how they do. Do we know anymore about Virgils ban yet?

5-2 to us  :D

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 1, 2023, 10:32:14 am »
I'll go conservative. 8-6 to us with a Matip hattrick from corners

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 1, 2023, 11:07:24 am »
Might need to get Trent to play as a more conventional right back otherwise Matip might be gasping for air by half time. Can't expect him to cover the same space Konate has been doing so probably should tweak the system on this occasion.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 1, 2023, 11:10:28 am »
Newcastle beat these 5-1. Just saying.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 1, 2023, 11:11:47 am »
Newcastle beat these 5-1. Just saying.

No way Villa play with that same suicidal high line against us.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 1, 2023, 11:14:26 am »
No way Villa play with that same suicidal high line against us.

No, but the abundance of caution here seems a bit high. They aren't that bad but at the same time, at Anfield, we have to dismantle these.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #56 on: September 1, 2023, 01:50:01 pm »
Is Konate definitely not fit for this one? Hopefully some positive news on this from Klopps presser soon.

I'd bring in Nunez for Gakpo, keep midfield as it is. Hopefully thiago is on bench.

You were maybe optimistic for some reason.  As per Klopp, Konate out, Thiago out.

Jones is available though....

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 1, 2023, 02:19:56 pm »
It's the return of heavy metal football. Chaos may happen at the back, but our midfielders and attack should have enough to steamroller them into submission, one way or another.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 1, 2023, 02:49:54 pm »
Under Emery these are a decent outfit with a good record. It's gonna be another good test for the lads....

I fucking hate Villa fans, they have some irrational dislike to our football club - so just for that reason i hope we fucking smash them off the pitch.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 1, 2023, 04:10:21 pm »

Villa have real pace and power upfront, will not be an easy game

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #60 on: September 1, 2023, 04:19:14 pm »
It's the return of heavy metal football. Chaos may happen at the back, but our midfielders and attack should have enough to steamroller them into submission, one way or another.

How I see it too. A bonkers 4-3 or something, this one. (I'd take it.)
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #61 on: September 1, 2023, 04:54:16 pm »
Could Gravy feature?

Depends. What's your meat and two veg look like?
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #62 on: September 1, 2023, 06:40:43 pm »
Thanks for the OP Duvva.

Confident about this one. The way we fought back and beat Newcastle will have done wonders for the team, and there's already a feeling we're building something special again - especially after securing Gravenberch.

Would like a clean sheet and a bit more solidity at the back, which will be harder with no Konate or Virgil. Nunez has to start after his heroics last week, and I think we'll see the same midfield again whilst Gravenberch settles in and others return from injury. Beat these and it'll be 10 points from 4 games, and momentum to build on

Ali, Trent, Matip, Gomez, Robbo, Endo, Mac, Szob, Diaz, Nunez, Salah. We then have Gakpo and Jota off the bench against tired legs.

2-0 to us, International break, then hopefully Virgil, Thiago, Konate, Bajetic and Jones back, plus Gravenberch as another option. Happy days.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #63 on: September 1, 2023, 06:45:19 pm »
:o
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #64 on: September 1, 2023, 10:09:33 pm »

#JFT97

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #65 on: September 1, 2023, 11:50:25 pm »
Yeah I was aware of Emery's record. I always confuse him and Tuchel for a second or so whenever we face either, but we've got the upper hand over both, with Emery obviously coming out worse than Tuchel(only since his Chelsea days though).

I really hope PGMOL has had their fill and we can finally look forward to a proper game of footy.

Prediction? They seem to ave done well despite the injuries, and while we have Virgil out, we're a team rejuvenated by our recent mental displays and buoyed further by that feel-good a new signing brings. And seeing that this is at Anfield, I'm gunna go 3-1 with the Kop blaring down on these in vintage fashion. Some scares at the start, but we'll grow into it.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2023, 11:52:25 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #66 on: September 1, 2023, 11:58:07 pm »
You were maybe optimistic for some reason.  As per Klopp, Konate out, Thiago out.

Jones is available though....
Good.
Soon as he and Elliot came in at Chelsea and Newcastle, we started gaining a foothold and possession spiked in both games.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 2, 2023, 12:14:26 am »
https://twitter.com/dmlynchlfc/status/1697712213413269523

No real surprise given the timing of the announcement, but Ryan Gravenberch won’t be available to make his debut against Aston Villa on Sunday. Wasn’t registered with the Premier League by their midday deadline.

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #68 on: September 2, 2023, 03:56:02 am »
Is Konate back? Bajetic to start .....

NO and NO !
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 2, 2023, 05:24:25 am »
Excited for the game.
Hope Nunez starts, I expect Villa to run a high line.
Also Villa started 4 or 5 players that could start on Sunday on Thursday night and had some main guys come off the bench too.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #70 on: September 2, 2023, 07:31:36 am »
Excited for the game.
Hope Nunez starts, I expect Villa to run a high line.
Also Villa started 4 or 5 players that could start on Sunday on Thursday night and had some main guys come off the bench too.
The first sentence is interesting because so will we, which will leave it congested and compressed in the middle third. They will move the ball side to side to try and pull our defence in different directions before utilising balls over the top to try and release Watkins, who is a threat because of his pace and physicality. Gomez will need to concentrate to the maximum.

I don’t rate Mings at all, but him missing the game means less snide behaviour and danger of injury to our attackers. It does however mean better defenders on the ball and I truly think Nunez is the option, in the same way Watkins will work for them. Get Salah close to him, dropping in and playing as more of a creator than forward and potentially have Szoboszlai as the most advanced midfielder ahead of Mac and Endo.

This will be a real test, looking forward to it.

On another note, is there any news about when the stand will be finished? Looked strange to keep looking over to it during the Bournemouth game with the bare concrete and loads of seats not even in.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #71 on: September 2, 2023, 11:39:02 am »
This isn't even on TV is it? Could have just played it today at 3pm.

Hope Nunez starts, feel it'll actually help the atmosphere in the ground, raise excitement to see him get at them after last weeks heroics. We'll have to show some defensive discipline with enforced changes and they'll look to pick their moments, but I don't think their defence is very good either, Digne is more of an attacking full back, Torres is still a bit unknown in the league and Konza is bog standard himself, they brought Lenglet in too who never looked good for Barca or Spurs. Get it done any way reds, will set us up well going into the break.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 2, 2023, 11:42:23 am »
This isn't even on TV is it? Could have just played it today at 3pm.

Hope Nunez starts, feel it'll actually help the atmosphere in the ground, raise excitement to see him get at them after last weeks heroics. We'll have to show some defensive discipline with enforced changes and they'll look to pick their moments, but I don't think their defence is very good either, Digne is more of an attacking full back, Torres is still a bit unknown in the league and Konza is bog standard himself, they brought Lenglet in too who never looked good for Barca or Spurs. Get it done any way reds, will set us up well going into the break.

Villa had a europa qualifying game on Thursday. Couldnt have been played today.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #73 on: September 2, 2023, 11:50:46 am »
Put £15 on Liverpool to get a red card - I get £100

Like printing your own money
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #74 on: September 2, 2023, 12:10:47 pm »
Villa had a europa qualifying game on Thursday. Couldnt have been played today.

Ah that's right, had forgotten that
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #75 on: September 2, 2023, 12:18:23 pm »
Might need to get Trent to play as a more conventional right back otherwise Matip might be gasping for air by half time. Can't expect him to cover the same space Konate has been doing so probably should tweak the system on this occasion.
We subbed in Quansah for him last time out Amir, so possibly see the same this weekend?

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 2, 2023, 12:59:39 pm »
Are Villa going to be brave enough to come to Anfield and push up high squeeze play and try and pin us back like we have seen them do this season?.
If they do they are asking to be hit on the counter with the pace we have got. It's a tough one to predict how they will set up tactically.
One thing is for sure they are handy in attack and will think they can get a result. If we keep things narrow and compact they have the width to hurt us with Cash and Digne, Diaby and Bailey. We will have to set our stall out right, dominate possession and look to get them chasing the ball so we can get at them where they are weakest and thats defensively.
Be a tough game but think Anfield will be a big factor and we ease them off and the game goes our way. Tactically will be interesting.
The Nunez shouts are a good one as that practically stops them playing a high line.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2023, 01:16:44 pm by red1977 »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #77 on: September 2, 2023, 02:43:27 pm »
Nunez has to start this one, surely.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 2, 2023, 04:43:18 pm »
Nunez has to start this one, surely.

Yep. Big question is whether Jota starts ahead of Diaz.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 2, 2023, 04:52:06 pm »
Yep. Big question is whether Jota starts ahead of Diaz.
Would it be a shock if it's Gakpo starting and one of him or Nunez wide?