Author Topic: Sepp van der Berg  (Read 39077 times)

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
Re: Sepp van der Berg
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2023, 11:19:38 am »
to convert it MPH if that helps is 21.033 MPH
That is fast overall.
Virgil at some point had 34.5 KPM and im pretty sure he had the fastest speed of any player in the 18-19 CL  at the end of game in the 2nd leg vs Barca
Basically that elite top end speed from Van den Berg.
Konate this season recorded 36.2 KM/H at one point
Salah recorded 36.6 KPH before and pretty sure Nunez has got a higher top speed then that at some point too
This site has some data from the CL it seems.
https://speedsdb.com/soccer/liverpool-players-top-speeds
He has enough pace to play for Liverpool basically.

Thanks for doing that, looks like the Preston Fans were right about him being quick!
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2023, 01:39:17 pm »
Look forward to him coming back

Is the thread title some kinda little joke or has no one realised his names van den Berg :lmao

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2023, 07:02:19 pm »

Online phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #203 on: July 13, 2023, 07:07:10 pm »
I had heard his contract ended in 2024 so assumed a loan would be coupled with an extension a la Nat

PS just seen he signed a new contract last year so our interests must be protected
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 09:56:17 pm by phil236849 »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2023, 08:09:30 pm »
Great move for Sepp, great club, with a great coach  8) 8) 8)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2023, 08:20:42 pm »
We should just sell him. It's a bit obvious he's got no long term future here.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2023, 09:33:19 pm »
We should just sell him. It's a bit obvious he's got no long term future here.
Him being homegrown and Club trained it worth seeing what he do next season. Injury derailed him last season

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #207 on: December 8, 2023, 02:23:38 pm »

is Sepp an option for us?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #208 on: December 8, 2023, 02:25:21 pm »
On loan for the season, isn't he?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #209 on: December 8, 2023, 02:27:20 pm »

no call back option?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 8, 2023, 02:33:00 pm »
there was a suggestion when he joined Mainz that it may be longer term too, something about a possibility for a longer stay. So maybe this is some sort of loan with an option to buy?

Anyway, yeah, he’s on a season long loan!

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 8, 2023, 03:00:10 pm »
His stats in the BL are quite impressive. 34.8 kmp top speed

Aerials won 2nd in the BL - 70
Duels won in the BL 4th - 146

These duels stats are amongst all positions
https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/stats/players/duels-won

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 8, 2023, 10:03:54 pm »
His stats in the BL are quite impressive. 34.8 kmp top speed

Aerials won 2nd in the BL - 70
Duels won in the BL 4th - 146

These duels stats are amongst all positions
https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/stats/players/duels-won
on Fbref he won 71.4% of his Aerial duels

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #213 on: December 9, 2023, 10:06:12 am »
Interesting. I’d forgotten he existed. He’s still only 21!

99th centile for arial duels won, which is nice

https://fbref.com/en/players/7bf9400b/Sepp-van-den-Berg
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 9, 2023, 10:51:22 am »
High hopes for Sepp. I need to watch some of their games, always seems highly rated

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2023, 09:28:31 am »
Interesting. I’d forgotten he existed. He’s still only 21!

99th centile for arial duels won, which is nice

https://fbref.com/en/players/7bf9400b/Sepp-van-den-Berg

The only knock on him when he came to us originally was that he was bit slow and also being a bit lost. Really surprised about the his pace in the last pages of comments - did he suddenly add pace?.
Would be nice if he came back and surprised us :D

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2023, 02:09:37 pm »
The only knock on him when he came to us originally was that he was bit slow and also being a bit lost. Really surprised about the his pace in the last pages of comments - did he suddenly add pace?.
Would be nice if he came back and surprised us :D

He’s quick, don’t know how anyone could watch him and think he’s slow.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2023, 02:13:19 pm »
He’s quick, don’t know how anyone could watch him and think he’s slow.

is he quick over a short distance? from a standing start? or is he fast over a long sprint?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2023, 12:55:52 am »
Mainz are struggling this season, but Sepp is one of their better players. Considering that he is yet to turn 22, I think that he has a future with us. We might already have the replacement for Matip ...

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2023, 10:08:12 am »
Mainz are struggling this season, but Sepp is one of their better players. Considering that he is yet to turn 22, I think that he has a future with us. We might already have the replacement for Matip ...
Has he actually turned out for us aside from the multiple loans he has had?. Would be nice to see if he can potentially be at least a squad option (saves us some money too)

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2024, 05:51:20 pm »
Just read an article that said he is the in the top 25 players for top-speed recorded this season at 34.78km/h in the Bundesliga and 4th if you just include centre halfs.

Hence he is pretty fast which is the sort of player who we need. I don't know if the rest of his game is ok but he's coming along nicely.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:53:05 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2024, 06:02:42 pm »
Just read an article that said he is the in the top 25 players for top-speed recorded this season at 34.78km/h in the Bundesliga and 4th if you just include centre halfs.

Hence he is pretty fast which is the sort of player who we need. I don't know if the rest of his game is ok but he's coming along nicely.

He's winning 70% of his aerial duels as well, big tick in the Klopp metrics.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2024, 06:06:56 pm »
don't we already have a deal agreed with Mainz, if they want him (which, so long as they don't get relegated, must be close to certain?)

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2024, 06:08:57 pm »
Remember watching an interview with him when he was at Preston and he sounded like he had no interest in being a squad player anywhere. I reckon that's why he's not really hung around for pre-season and gone straight out on loan. Unless we're telling him he's replacing Matip and will get a lot of football I reckon he won't want to be here next season.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2024, 06:11:48 pm »
Remember watching an interview with him when he was at Preston and he sounded like he had no interest in being a squad player anywhere. I reckon that's why he's not really hung around for pre-season and gone straight out on loan. Unless we're telling him he's replacing Matip and will get a lot of football I reckon he won't want to be here next season.
must have felt it was a bit daft joining us when he did, giving up first team eredivisie football. he and the club have done really well with loans since at least

Online stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2024, 06:14:13 pm »

To be fair he is right. He needs to play matches. If he has no chance of getting games then he should play elsewhere. Klopp also needs to be fair and not dick around with the guy's career (not that Klopp would do that).
#JFT97

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2024, 06:17:34 pm »

I get his point but also with how we get injuries always seems someone gets a chance, like at Quansah this season. I think he's a talent but yeah hard to be backup to Konate and Van Dijk who start when fit.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2024, 07:11:37 pm »
don't we already have a deal agreed with Mainz, if they want him (which, so long as they don't get relegated, must be close to certain?)

there is some deal in place, no one revealed publicly what it actually was, get the impression he has little interest in staying at Liverpool. Hopefully Mainz stay in Bundesiga, but reagardless, you’d think there’s other Buli teams who’ve been taking notes and would be more than interested. he seems to like the league and has had 2 good spells there so far.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2024, 07:15:58 pm »

We will see how his progress goes in the second half of the season. If he continues to do well, I can see us keeping him on the squad, since he finally looks good enough to take Matip's place on the squad ...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2024, 07:21:39 pm »
To be fair he is right. He needs to play matches. If he has no chance of getting games then he should play elsewhere. Klopp also needs to be fair and not dick around with the guy's career (not that Klopp would do that).

Look how many games Qansah has got this season already. We're rarely short of injuries (or a need a to rotate with a game every few days) so if you're deemed good enough you'll get your game time.

He might not be the fit Klopp's looking for like with Hoever (and perhaps Ramsay). It depends if he's given pre-season to prove his worth.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2024, 07:34:02 pm »
Look how many games Qansah has got this season already. We're rarely short of injuries (or a need a to rotate with a game every few days) so if you're deemed good enough you'll get your game time.

He might not be the fit Klopp's looking for like with Hoever (and perhaps Ramsay). It depends if he's given pre-season to prove his worth.

I agree that if he is good enough then he'll get his chance. I have faith in Klopp doing the right thing for the lad. If he can come on like Quansah has then he will be like a new signing. Quansah is an exciting young player and has already shown how good he is.
#JFT97

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2024, 08:22:29 pm »
I think we've handled Sepp's progression well since he joined us. Despite his ankle injury at Schalke last season, he's already got 100 senior appearances under his belt at 22 years of age. He seems like a level-headed young man, and the Preston fans I know absolutely loved him.

Homegrown, can play cb or rb, good in the air, good pace, and decent passing.

If he wasn't already at a big club, there would be all sorts of youtube compilations highlighting how good a prospect he is.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2024, 08:29:54 pm »
Sepp van den Berg.*
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2024, 08:54:04 pm »
Sepp van den Berg.*
I already mentioned that a while ago. Seems like he's not yet worthy  ;D

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2024, 10:21:44 pm »
If we can keep him we should, he has all the qualities we would be looking for in the transfer market if we were trying to acquire a young CB who doesn’t mind being a rotation option and potentially a 4th choice cb.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2024, 10:42:18 pm »
If we can keep him we should, he has all the qualities we would be looking for in the transfer market if we were trying to acquire a young CB who doesn’t mind being a rotation option and potentially a 4th choice cb.
That is a big if right there of course. 

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2024, 07:16:40 am »

He can play fullback as well. Did so at Preston and earned the Ginger Maldini moniker there. My only concern with him is his injury record. He's had a couple big ones in back to back seasons. Otherwise, I am all for having him be Joel's replacement.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2024, 01:57:06 pm »
Has anyone seen him playing for Mainz? How good is he?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2024, 07:46:21 pm »
Has anyone seen him playing for Mainz? How good is he?
Monslibpool said he had watched him this season in the transfer thread - this is a summary:

he said VDB's quick like colwill and comparatively good statistically. but he also said that colwill is overrated, and is slow and is poor at positioning.

so it's a bit hard to say how he rates VDB! be good to hear a proper scout report (maybe from Dim Glas? - probably a decent bet she watches Mainz more than anyone on here!)

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2024, 10:26:05 pm »
Cheers I read some of the transfer thread and some where saying Jurgen doesn't seem to rate so much, he is always going out on loan say compared to Quansah. I haven't seen him play but if he is good he makes senses as a 4/5 option depending if you see Joe as a CB or FB. Homegrown and saves a squad spot for investment else where.