Author Topic: Farewell day, sponsored by Sterling  (Read 554494 times)

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
Re: Farewell day, sponsored by Sterling
« Reply #9240 on: May 24, 2015, 02:22:47 pm »
Or Johnson. He deserves a farewell.

He deserved one about two seasons ago.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9241 on: May 24, 2015, 02:34:03 pm »
He's not a money grabbin' 20-yo mate, it's all about the ambition to win things. It's not about the houses and the cars he's going to buy.

Indeed.

The more he says it's not about the money, then it kinda' is.

The Sterling camp needs to know when to put the shovel down. Sometimes it's maybe best to say nothing, and we think he's a moneygrabber, rather than start talking, and confirm it.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
Re: Fordy's backing Brendan, sponsored by Sterling
« Reply #9242 on: May 24, 2015, 02:44:53 pm »
Here's what I don't get: just about every paper ran a story a few days ago stating that a major remit of Brendan's post-season review with Gordon was to analyze our transfer strategy and its shortcomings. I struggle to see how we can possibly have a fully-formed list of top targets prior to that all important meeting unless the agenda of that meeting has altered significantly in the past 72 hours.

Having said that, I'm gonna go ahead and respond to the list of targets anyway. Not best pleased (although I do like Milner). I think the aspect which annoys me most is that we seem to have the strategy I'd prefer, but not the targets. By that I mean, I think we definitely need two strikers this summer and I think our most sensible course of action is to spend big on one and look for value on the other. And that seems to be what we're doing. So that's great. The problem is we're just plain targeting the wrong players. And it has nothing to do with where they play. Yes, PL players are largely overvalued, but you can still find a gem or two if you look in the right spots. Ayoze, for instance, is someone I'd love to see us look at and I doubt he'd cost a wedge. We can do much better than Benteke and Ings, though. I'm going to hold out hope that my initial skepticism over the list is correct and that next week will have a much bigger impact on matters moving forward than today's rumours indicate.
Ayoze would be Aspas 2.0

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9243 on: May 24, 2015, 02:51:14 pm »
Ayoze would be Aspas 2.0

No, everyone on here knows better. They'd never pick a dud like Iago.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9244 on: May 24, 2015, 02:53:15 pm »
I don't get it either. They're physically built for this league, athletic, good on the ball and wouldn't command ridiculous wages  and yet we have no interest in any of them.

We need to bring a German manager in who knows the league and bring some of those talented players over. Bit like Benitez did with alonso, Garcia, Reina etc

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9245 on: May 24, 2015, 02:54:04 pm »
We need to bring a German manager in who knows the league and bring some of those talented players over. Bit like Benitez did with alonso, Garcia, Reina etc
Felix Magath it is then.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #9246 on: May 24, 2015, 02:56:36 pm »
Felix Magath it is then.

Where is penfold now?

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9247 on: May 24, 2015, 03:01:12 pm »
Just because he says it doesn't mean it's true

It is better information than anyone else is using to discuss the the transfer committee
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #9248 on: May 24, 2015, 03:13:01 pm »
If we got Benteke for £30m plus Vietto/Lacazette for whatever amount I think Benteke would be a very good signing despite what most here are saying.

Imagine having a striker group of Sturridge-Vietto-Benteke-Origi... Pretty damn good imo.

It's not unfathomable that we could cover Benteke's cost with sales, and still have space for another big signing given the increased tv revenue, wage savings (gerrard, Enrique, Johnson...), and the strong £ to € rate...

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9249 on: May 24, 2015, 03:14:12 pm »
If we got Benteke for £30m plus Vietto/Lacazette for whatever amount I think Benteke would be a very good signing despite what most here are saying.

Imagine having a striker group of Sturridge-Vietto-Benteke-Origi... Pretty damn good imo.

It's not unfathomable that we could cover Benteke's cost with sales, and still have space for another big signing given the increased tv revenue, wage savings (gerrard, Enrique, Johnson...), and the strong £ to € rate...

You're just bargaining with yourself, no matter how you spin it £30m is awful business for Benteke compared to what you could get, and the other striker we are getting is Ings
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9250 on: May 24, 2015, 03:15:59 pm »
Here, educate yourself :

http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/06/tomkins-law-only-40-of-transfers-succeed/

And then you have to take into consideration the type of players you buy, 40% of what! 40% of decent quality ain't gonna bring us the title is it now!?