Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2514494 times)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #1240 on: May 12, 2015, 01:28:51 pm »
The prefabs are probably about where we are at right now, and you'd have to say that it's about par.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1241 on: May 12, 2015, 07:39:12 pm »
Anyone else get a pang of nostalgia and regret even when you see where the old club shop used to be now cleared away in those pictures?
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
The prefabs jokes. I'm hearing them in Brendan's voice. :lmao

On topic >> the construction looks great, moving so quickly! Thanks for the pics. :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #1243 on: May 12, 2015, 10:16:45 pm »
I know this has been posted before but can someone re-post the link for Liverpool's planning application please? I have an idea what the dressing rooms look like but I would like to see them again on the planning application.

Cheers in advance.
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #1244 on: May 12, 2015, 10:28:21 pm »
Oh and I would just like to add that apparently from what I read on skyscrapercity. It appears that work could be starting on the dressing rooms etc near the end of May 2015.

This is what is says on the official Liverpool tour site:

Due to the exciting developments that are taking place to expand the Main Stand, this is your last chance to see the original dressing rooms, player's tunnel and Manager's dug out before the current Stadium Tour ends on Sunday 17th May 2015.

So our final game this season at Anfield could see Captain Fantastic himself be the last captain to lead our players out through that famous old tunnel of ours which I think would be quite fitting to be honest. Arguably the greatest old round player to have ever worn the famous red jersey. That's just my opinion by the way  :)
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: May 12, 2015, 11:30:40 pm »
I know this has been posted before but can someone re-post the link for Liverpool's planning application please? I have an idea what the dressing rooms look like but I would like to see them again on the planning application.

Cheers in advance.

Oh and I would just like to add that apparently from what I read on skyscrapercity. It appears that work could be starting on the dressing rooms etc near the end of May 2015.

This what you are after. Unlikely, that the new dressing rooms will be in place for next season as they occupy space currently used for media/hospitality.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:32:38 pm by Swissgaz »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1246 on: May 13, 2015, 09:11:04 am »
Anyone else get a pang of nostalgia and regret even when you see where the old club shop used to be now cleared away in those pictures?
yeah good call

used to be some great pic of it in the programme. was two lads behind the counter, one showing a load of programmes and the other looking like he was having a bit of banter while loads of fans crammed into the shop. i was in it a couple of times. it was tiny but it was what it was. something incredibly pure about something like that
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:13:42 am by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: May 13, 2015, 07:07:56 pm »

This is what is says on the official Liverpool tour site:

Due to the exciting developments that are taking place to expand the Main Stand, this is your last chance to see the original dressing rooms, player's tunnel and Manager's dug out before the current Stadium Tour ends on Sunday 17th May 2015.

So our final game this season at Anfield could see Captain Fantastic himself be the last captain to lead our players out through that famous old tunnel of ours which I think would be quite fitting to be honest. Arguably the greatest old round player to have ever worn the famous red jersey. That's just my opinion by the way  :)

I've superimposed the existing layout over the proposed layout which illustrates my point above.

"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #1248 on: May 13, 2015, 08:52:11 pm »
Lads still on site tonight pouring the Anfield Rd tower base. Fucking huge amount of steel in it.Basically,it's a 5m cube of concrete. I went past about half eight.

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #1249 on: May 14, 2015, 12:41:11 am »
Cheers swissgaz. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1250 on: May 14, 2015, 09:54:37 am »
nothing for ages now after Saturday, should be some serious progress from there until august
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1251 on: May 17, 2015, 06:12:18 pm »
Pic from about row 12 of the Upper Centenary yesterday!

Offline BigYan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1252 on: May 18, 2015, 09:48:29 am »
Pics from Saturday against Palace

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: May 18, 2015, 06:33:10 pm »

Offline JH-LFC

• Main Stander
  • YNWA, JFT96
« Reply #1254 on: May 18, 2015, 08:10:20 pm »
Does anyone know what they are doing with the bricks from the Main Stand car park? This link mentions that they are being cleaned and stored but it doesn't say what they will be used for.

http://assets.lfcimages.com/uploads/9624__5501__stadium_expansion_newsletter_issue_2_pdf.pdf
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:29:58 pm by JH-LFC »
SIGN AND SHARE - Bettison's knighthood: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1255 on: May 18, 2015, 08:29:04 pm »
I would of liked them to have kept a small section of that wall up, and have it on display, for it's historical value, as it was there when everton used to play at anfield.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1256 on: May 18, 2015, 08:31:08 pm »
I would of liked them to have kept a small section of that wall up, and have it on display, for it's historical value, as it was there when everton used to play at anfield.

I doubt any of it could of stayed where it was as the stand is bang on top of it.

Do wonder if they've kept the bricks to be used somewhere though. Would be a nice touch if so.

Offline JH-LFC

• Main Stander
  • YNWA, JFT96
« Reply #1257 on: May 18, 2015, 08:39:18 pm »
I was thinking maybe around the Hillsborough memorial. I would imagine they will be used somewhere or else they would have just got rid of them.
SIGN AND SHARE - Bettison's knighthood: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: May 18, 2015, 09:18:14 pm »
From that TIA article...

Monday also saw the pitch surface removed ahead of being reseeded this summer.

I thought this wasn't going to be possible due to cranes required on the pitch over summer? Or is reseeding and relaying the pitch not the same thing?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1259 on: May 18, 2015, 09:26:33 pm »
From that TIA article...

I thought this wasn't going to be possible due to cranes required on the pitch over summer? Or is reseeding and relaying the pitch not the same thing?

I think...

It gets reseeded every summer, but the issue is that it requires the fake grass which is woven into it replacing, as well as the irrigation and drainage.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #1260 on: May 18, 2015, 11:50:11 pm »
i thought they were only removing the back three rows.

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1261 on: May 19, 2015, 12:40:54 am »
i thought they were only removing the back three rows.

Not sure on this but think there was some mention of 're-configuring' the seats in the Main Stand - hopefully means more leg room, better views, and comfortable seats?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1262 on: May 19, 2015, 12:42:33 am »
Not sure on this but think there was some mention of 're-configuring' the seats in the Main Stand - hopefully means more leg room, better views, and comfortable seats?

I didn't think it was all getting done, just sections of it, or it'll reduce the overall capacity.

I imagine this is a temporary removal so they can do certain work during the summer then they'll get out back in. Unless those are the rows that are being removed and the back ones are staying.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1263 on: May 19, 2015, 07:34:11 am »
Maybe they're finally replacing the wooden seats that are there

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1264 on: May 19, 2015, 07:39:06 am »
Maybe they're finally replacing the wooden seats that are there
They are the least comfortable seats ever made.

I'm small and they don't fit me, god knows who they were designed for.

Amazing to see the pace of work though.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1265 on: May 19, 2015, 09:12:27 am »
Maybe removing the Warrior logo and dropping in NB.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: May 19, 2015, 10:00:59 am »
From that TIA article...

As linked in that piece: http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/04/exclusive-liverpool-confirm-anfield-pitch-improvements-will-take-place-this-summer/

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1267 on: May 19, 2015, 06:51:15 pm »
Maybe removing the Warrior logo and dropping in NB.
Not that, as the logos are just painted on the seats in the main stand.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: May 19, 2015, 06:59:02 pm »
They are the least comfortable seats ever made.

I'm small and they don't fit me, god knows who they were designed for.

Amazing to see the pace of work though.

Disagree big time! The main stand is the most comfortable stand we have by a mile. I like the wooden seats and there's actually somewhere to put your legs.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: May 19, 2015, 07:02:03 pm »
Disagree big time! The main stand is the most comfortable stand we have by a mile. I like the wooden seats and there's actually somewhere to put your legs.
Hello Frodo!

Kop seats are the best for me .... Actually anything other than mainstand.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1270 on: May 19, 2015, 08:02:27 pm »
Hello Frodo!

Old Kemlyn are fucking awful. No room at all.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: May 19, 2015, 10:26:18 pm »

Absolutely no leg room in the lower centenary, definitely the most uncomfortable.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: May 19, 2015, 10:28:53 pm »
Anyway, they've taken all the grass off and are reseeding....

The problem being that the fibre mesh that holds the whole thing in place and makes modern pitches so brilliant, is essentially screwed....

W

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #1273 on: May 19, 2015, 10:32:44 pm »
Hello Frodo!

You shouldn't be sitting on the kop, you should be standing.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: May 20, 2015, 10:13:29 am »

Yeah I share a season ticket in the lower cent and there's no where to put your bloody knees. Main is miles better for leg room.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1275 on: May 20, 2015, 12:14:39 pm »
Pic from about row 12 of the Upper Centenary yesterday!

Lies, you couldn't have taken that picture from Boston ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1276 on: May 20, 2015, 12:17:43 pm »
Lies, you couldn't have taken that picture from Boston ;D

;D

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1277 on: May 20, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »
Absolutely no leg room in the lower centenary, definitely the most uncomfortable.

There aint much in the Upper either mate - so much so they lopped the tops of the seats off so there's a fraction more legroom (it doesn't feel like it though - your knees just go into the back/sides of the person sitting in front).

The very back row of the Upper (and 109) has slightly more legroom - and should be reserved for anyone over 6ft 4" so they don't suffer sitting elsewhere :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #1278 on: May 20, 2015, 08:10:44 pm »
If that fails, there's always your sofa. Works for me.

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #1279 on: May 20, 2015, 10:41:42 pm »
I'm not getting to excited about the removal of seats just yet as I think it's just the club getting rid of the Warrior logo's and replacing them with NB logo's. Also, I thought it was the last 3 rows of the mainstand that where meant to be getting removed as part of the redevelopment?