Author Topic: Sportwashing-A general thread  (Read 61604 times)

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sportwashing-A general thread
« Reply #680 on: January 19, 2024, 03:30:39 pm »
Wow so Lazio fans were protesting against having to play there but at a game between Napoli and Fiorentina? 

Good on them all, manager and fans but who the fuck decided to play there in the first place?  Club or FA?

The FA, they get €23m for holding it there, winners get 8m, runners up 5m, 1.6m for the other 2 sides, rest of money gets split between the other Serie A clubs

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #681 on: January 20, 2024, 08:44:14 pm »

In the other Italian Super Cup semi-final - Lazio 3-0 Inter from yesterday - doesn't seem that many more in attendance than the first game...

Of course, the official attendance was given as 20,767 - in a 25,000 capacity stadium - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Supercoppa_Italiana (it did fill up a little later, but not by that much)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 08:52:00 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #682 on: January 20, 2024, 10:26:02 pm »
Ronaldo at the Globe Soccer Award in Dubai saying the Saudi league is better quality the Ligue One.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: January 21, 2024, 12:17:41 am »
Man child narcissist Ronaldo has claimed the Saudi league is a higher standard than the French league in a thinly veiled slight on Messi. The Argentinian lives rent free in his head still.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #684 on: January 21, 2024, 12:25:42 am »
Man child narcissist Ronaldo has claimed the Saudi league is a higher standard than the French league in a thinly veiled slight on Messi. The Argentinian lives rent free in his head still.

Messi plays in MLS...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #685 on: January 21, 2024, 12:32:35 am »

Except he didn’t, he said it’s more competitive, which it probably is …?

Edit: some sources do say he said it was better too. My bad.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 04:20:15 am by Historical Fool »
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #686 on: January 21, 2024, 12:52:14 am »
Except he didn’t, he said it’s more competitive, which it probably is …?
Because the oil money has been spread a little more in Saudi than France (and England)
Greasy, oily money that infects the balance of any league it touches.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: January 21, 2024, 01:02:28 am »
He also tried to brag about scoring more goals than Haaland during that same interview.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #688 on: January 22, 2024, 08:41:25 pm »

'Boos from the Arab public during the minute of silence for Gigi Riva. Italians applaud':-

https://twitter.com/franvanni/status/1749524436607250615 (Milan journalist) - an 8 second video

more here: https://football-italia.net/italy-fans-furious-as-riva-booed-during-supercoppa-final

The stadium better attended than the other two matches (though they were both pitifully attended - so not hard), the pitch looks  awful (3rd games in 5 days)

RIP Gigi Riva - www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-gigi-riva-italy-dies-31942372

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 08:47:46 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: January 22, 2024, 10:13:33 pm »
Benzema wants out now.

Karim Benzema in talks over Lyon return to curtail Saudi spell at Al-Ittihad
> Former France forward won four league titles with Ligue 1 club
> Player has 12 goals in 20 appearances for Al-Ittihad this season

Lyon are attempting a reunion with Karim Benzema, who could become the latest high-profile player to leave the Saudi Pro League this month.

Talks have taken place over a deal that would see the striker return to his boyhood club, but making the move happen will not be easy. Benzema, who began his career in Lyon’s academy, joined Al-Ittihad from Real Madrid on a three-year deal last summer and finances could make a return to Europe complicated.

The 36-year-old, who won five Champions Leagues after joining Madrid from Lyon in 2009, was part of the wave of top talent that moved from Europe to Saudi Arabia last year. Al-Ittihad are one of four clubs controlled by the country’s Public Investment Fund. Many big names that headed to Saudi clubs were handed lucrative contracts.

The money on offer in the Middle East was not enough to stop the former Liverpool captain, Jordan Henderson, from leaving Al-Ettifaq last week. Henderson has joined Ajax. Aymeric Laporte, the former Manchester City defender, has voiced frustration over life in the Saudi league but Al-Nassr’s Cristiano Ronaldo has praised it.

Benzema’s situation caught the eye after he left on holiday last week without permission and was late returning to the team. Al-Ittihad have not received an offer for the former France international forward and are planning talks with him to clear the air. Benzema has scored 12 goals in 20 appearances this season but has been criticised for his performances and Al-Ittihad are seventh in the league, 25 points off the top. They won the title last season.

Whether Lyon are capable of bringing Benzema back to France remains to be seen. The forward won four consecutive league titles with them between 2005-2008, but they are 16th in Ligue 1, which is the relegation playoff place, and have experienced financial difficulties. The club, which is owned by Eagle Football, a multiclub group started by the American businessman John Textor, are already on to their third manager of the season. Pierre Sage is in charge following the dismissals of Fabio Grosso and Laurent Blanc.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/22/karim-benzema-in-talks-lyon-return-al-ittihad
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #690 on: January 22, 2024, 10:31:38 pm »
Was he the only one to be honest and say he went for the money?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: January 22, 2024, 10:49:45 pm »
Messi plays in MLS...

I know. But Messi previously went there. Why else would he randomly pluck that European country out?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: January 23, 2024, 01:58:16 am »
'Boos from the Arab public during the minute of silence for Gigi Riva. Italians applaud':-

https://twitter.com/franvanni/status/1749524436607250615 (Milan journalist) - an 8 second video

more here: https://football-italia.net/italy-fans-furious-as-riva-booed-during-supercoppa-final

The stadium better attended than the other two matches (though they were both pitifully attended - so not hard), the pitch looks  awful (3rd games in 5 days)

RIP Gigi Riva - www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-gigi-riva-italy-dies-31942372

very weird and disrespectful behaviour from arab fans - they did the same for Beckenbauer too

they seem pretty shameless about it online too 'don't come over here and inflict your cultural norms on us' - with the cultural norms in question being 'please refrain from acting like a c*nt for <60 seconds while others remember and respect this person who has just died'. apparently that's a challenge too far for a very vocal number of their few match-going fans.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: January 23, 2024, 09:25:28 am »
Is respecting the dead not a thing in the middle east then? 

Do they just do all their wailing and hollering carrying the corpse through the streets then fuck em off once they're in the ground?

Does nobody grieve for lost loved ones and everyone just goes back to their normal routines like nothing's happened 🤷

Or don't they like our customs because they're not Muslim ones?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: January 23, 2024, 03:14:25 pm »
I suspect, based on limited exposure to some Saudi fans defending/explaining the shit behaviour online, that religious intolerance does play a role yep.

Also (and don't laugh), that 'we didn't pay money for this, get on with the product we paid for'

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #695 on: January 23, 2024, 03:19:27 pm »
I suspect, based on limited exposure to some Saudi fans defending/explaining the shit behaviour online, that religious intolerance does play a role yep.

Also (and don't laugh), that 'we didn't pay money for this, get on with the product we paid for'

Surprising that Jordan didn't manage to catalyse any change in such behaviour.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #696 on: January 23, 2024, 07:52:45 pm »

'‘We know we were right’: Uefa chief Aleksander Ceferin sure of Man City’s FFP guilt':-

Exclusive: In a wide-ranging interview, Uefa’s president discusses the ongoing battle with City, Saudi Arabia and his Euros security fears

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/23/uefa-aleksander-ceferin-interview-manchester-city-ffp-guilt - on in full and free, here - https://archive.is/pgw3c

a snippet...

'Uefa disciplinary chiefs were “right” about Manchester City breaching its Financial Fair Play regulations when they threw the club out of the Champions League, its president has declared.

In his first public comments about the saga since the Premier League revealed a date had been set for a hearing into its 115 charges against the Treble winners under its own rules, Aleksander Ceferin also said he understood mounting angst over how long the case had dragged on.

Speaking during an exclusive interview with Telegraph Sport, Ceferin refused to be drawn on whether City – who deny any wrongdoing – should be stripped of titles if found guilty by an independent commission.

But asked if such a verdict would vindicate that of Uefa’s equivalent arm, the Club Financial Control Body, four years ago and the defence of its case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), he replied: “We know we were right. We wouldn’t decide if we didn’t think we were right.”'

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #697 on: January 25, 2024, 01:43:23 pm »
BBC with a puff-piece on how poor old Saudicastle need to sell to meet those horrid old P&S rules.

The comments sections is predictably full of whines about the 'big 6 just protecting their own dominance'

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #698 on: January 25, 2024, 02:27:23 pm »
BBC with a puff-piece on how poor old Saudicastle need to sell to meet those horrid old P&S rules.

The comments sections is predictably full of whines about the 'big 6 just protecting their own dominance'

But what about henderson ask bbc.....  :wanker

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: January 25, 2024, 02:57:56 pm »
'‘We know we were right’: Uefa chief Aleksander Ceferin sure of Man City’s FFP guilt':-

Exclusive: In a wide-ranging interview, Uefa’s president discusses the ongoing battle with City, Saudi Arabia and his Euros security fears

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/23/uefa-aleksander-ceferin-interview-manchester-city-ffp-guilt - on in full and free, here - https://archive.is/pgw3c

a snippet...

'Uefa disciplinary chiefs were “right” about Manchester City breaching its Financial Fair Play regulations when they threw the club out of the Champions League, its president has declared.

In his first public comments about the saga since the Premier League revealed a date had been set for a hearing into its 115 charges against the Treble winners under its own rules, Aleksander Ceferin also said he understood mounting angst over how long the case had dragged on.

Speaking during an exclusive interview with Telegraph Sport, Ceferin refused to be drawn on whether City – who deny any wrongdoing – should be stripped of titles if found guilty by an independent commission.

But asked if such a verdict would vindicate that of Uefa’s equivalent arm, the Club Financial Control Body, four years ago and the defence of its case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), he replied: “We know we were right. We wouldn’t decide if we didn’t think we were right.”'
He’s changed his tune! Wasn’t he not long ago praising them and saying there’s nothing wrong with countries owning clubs?
Maybe he’s got wind that they are about to be properly punished.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: January 25, 2024, 10:45:34 pm »
Not football, but Navratilova and Evertt jointly saying that holding the WTA finals in the human rights-denying cesspit that is Saudi Arabia would be a 'step backwards'

Good on them

I know they're retired, but I reckon they will have more fortitude than turncoat McIlroy.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline spartan2785

• Main Stander
« Reply #701 on: January 25, 2024, 11:06:59 pm »
Not football, but Navratilova and Evertt jointly saying that holding the WTA finals in the human rights-denying cesspit that is Saudi Arabia would be a 'step backwards'

Good on them

I know they're retired, but I reckon they will have more fortitude than turncoat McIlroy.

You would think the one group of athletes that might actually have some backbone would be female athletes, we saw it when they forced the backtrack on Saudi sponsorship of the women's world cup, I hope we'll see it from the current crop of tennis players.  Would be nice to see female athletes take a stance that says they won't perform in a country where women are treated like the property of their family/spouse.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: January 26, 2024, 12:44:47 am »

Good on them

What did McIlroy do? I thought he was still holding out against the Saudis?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: January 26, 2024, 09:32:35 am »
What did McIlroy do? I thought he was still holding out against the Saudis?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/jan/03/rory-mcilory-confesses-i-was-too-judgmental-of-the-guys-who-went-to-liv-golf

The sportwashers throw enough dirty, bloodstained money around and everyone seems to forget what a bunch of evil, murderous scum they are.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #704 on: January 30, 2024, 04:32:24 pm »

Good on them

"Not only is this a country where women are not seen as equal, it is a country where the current landscape includes a male guardianship law that essentially makes women the property of men. A country which criminalises the LGBTQ community to the point of possible death sentences. A country whose long-term record on human rights and basic freedoms has been a matter of international concern for decades," they wrote.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #705 on: February 13, 2024, 06:25:58 pm »
Anyone else see the Saudi's washing themselves on BBC breakfast this morning? Shearer and an African kid painting a glorious picture of their work in the community. Would never have made TV before the takeover. BBC Salford now on the payroll.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #706 on: February 19, 2024, 05:10:11 pm »
Not sure this belongs in here, though seems as good a place as any...

'There are more than 300 clubs in global football now part of multi-club organisations, including 33 in England's top three tiers, 28 in Italy and 27 in Spain. This graphic is from UEFA's latest benchmarking report.' - https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1759227598289121782

'The horse has bolted btw. FIFA and UEFA can't / won't do anything meaningful to turn this around.' - https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1759227598289121782

'Spree of buying clubs threatens football integrity':-

Investors assembling a portfolio of football clubs is changing football and existing regulation may not be big enough to cope with the burgeoning phenomenom of multi-club ownerships, which has tied up more than 9,000 football players and swathes of financially weak smaller clubs.

www.playthegame.org/news/spree-of-buying-clubs-threatens-football-integrity (March 2023)

a snippet...

'Financial weakness exacerbated by the game’s inequalities and the global pandemic has accelerated the trend of clubs being bought out, often by investors, whose multi-club ownership (MCO) networks have thousands of football players tied up.

UEFA’s latest benchmarking report found 180 clubs worldwide with around 6,500 players under contract in 2022, but Play the Game’s more recent research identified 256 clubs with shareholders or owners with significant stakes or influence in other clubs.

Using the same metric as UEFA, the number of clubs identified by Play the Game suggests more than 9,000 players are under contract at clubs in MCOs. Some of these clubs will also have relationships with academies that tie in players, so that figure is probably substantially larger.

“We always talk a lot about the City Football Group and Red Bull, but I am sure there are plenty of others out there that we don’t know about that are transferring players between each other,” says Roy Vermeer, the director of legal affairs at world football players union FIFPRO.'

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 05:13:33 pm by oojason »

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: February 19, 2024, 05:20:23 pm »
Can’t be good for the game.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #708 on: February 19, 2024, 10:52:05 pm »
I'm seeing a full on kryptonite effect around the Saudi league, with Henderson doing a runner, Gerrard having a multi month streak of not winning, and Bobby only just having scored for the first time since August. And I am only noticing our players, whilst there is talk of others struggling also (e.g Benzema). Somehow the atmosphere is so toxic in its falseness, these formerly great players are lacking the oxygen that makes them the elite they were before the move.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #709 on: February 20, 2024, 11:25:43 am »
I'm seeing a full on kryptonite effect around the Saudi league, with Henderson doing a runner, Gerrard having a multi month streak of not winning, and Bobby only just having scored for the first time since August. And I am only noticing our players, whilst there is talk of others struggling also (e.g Benzema). Somehow the atmosphere is so toxic in its falseness, these formerly great players are lacking the oxygen that makes them the elite they were before the move.
I had completely forgotten about Bobby being there until now.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #710 on: February 23, 2024, 09:17:29 am »
Football fans, commentators, and pundits of England should take a note of how German fans react to sportswashing c*nts trying to buy their game, and hang their heads in shame:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/23/we-wont-be-remote-controlled-how-german-football-fans-took-on-investors-and-won

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #711 on: February 23, 2024, 10:23:36 am »
Football fans, commentators, and pundits of England should take a note of how German fans react to sportswashing c*nts trying to buy their game, and hang their heads in shame:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/23/we-wont-be-remote-controlled-how-german-football-fans-took-on-investors-and-won
Impressive result and interesting that they used hard messages and also humour to make their point which has been received well across Germany. Agree it puts PL to shame. Shows that for all the marketing of the Premier League, we are largely self interested and pretty passive (when it’s not us).  Slowly and surely we are watching while they are selling the soul of the League.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: February 26, 2024, 02:53:37 am »
Will be interesting to see if they deal with this behaviour especially in a country with such strict laws.

Cristiano Ronaldo in obscene gesture storm after Al-Nassr victory
Videos show action apparently aimed at Al-Shabab fans
Saudi FA reported to have opened an investigation

Cristiano Ronaldo faced a flurry of criticism after appearing to make an obscene gesture at the end of Al-Nassr’s 3-2 win over Al-Shabab in the Saudi Pro League on Sunday.

The Portugal forward opened the scoring with a 21st-minute penalty but Al-Nassr needed a late goal from Talisca, who struck twice, to settle the game with four minutes left. After the final whistle, social media videos captured Ronaldo cupping his ear before repeatedly pumping his hand forward in front of his pelvic area. The action appeared to be directed at Al-Shabab supporters.

In the background, chants of “Messi” could be heard, referencing Ronaldo’s long-term football rival. The incident was not caught on television, but some Saudi pundits said Ronaldo should be punished. There has been no official response but the Saudi newspaper Asharq al-Awsat said the national football federation (SAFF) had opened an investigation into the incident.

“The disciplinary committee is facing the biggest test. We will wait and see,” Waleed Al Farraj, a prominent Saudi writer and television host, said on X. “Everything has its limits, no matter how famous you are. This is how the major leagues are.”

Al-Nassr were not immediately available to comment.

The 39-year-old Ronaldo has faced similar criticism in the past. In April last year, he appeared to grab his genitals while on his way to the dugout at the end of a 2-0 league defeat against Al-Hilal.

Earlier this month, he picked up an Al-Hilal scarf thrown at him from the stands, put it in his shorts and then threw it away as he walked towards the tunnel after Al-Nassr lost 2-0 in the Riyadh Season Cup final.

Ronaldo, who joined Al-Nassr as a free agent in late 2022, tops the league scoring charts with 22 goals in 20 appearances so far this season. Al-Nassr are second in the table with 52 points, four behind Al Hilal, who have a game in hand.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/25/cristiano-ronaldo-in-obscene-gesture-storm-after-al-nassr-victory

He'll probably suggest he making a 'card dealing' action.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: February 29, 2024, 12:00:44 am »
Well, that's tennis bought and sold as well.

These oil states are really freeing up my time over the last few years. Tennis has hardly been worth watching since Federer retired anyway, unless you've enjoyed the robot crushing everything in his path, so no great loss.

Special fuck-offs to Nadal for being the ambassador for the Saudi Tennis Federation (I'm sure it's wildly popular over there, just like football).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/68429213

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: February 29, 2024, 12:12:56 am »
Well, that's tennis bought and sold as well.

These oil states are really freeing up my time over the last few years. Tennis has hardly been worth watching since Federer retired anyway, unless you've enjoyed the robot crushing everything in his path, so no great loss.

Special fuck-offs to Nadal for being the ambassador for the Saudi Tennis Federation (I'm sure it's wildly popular over there, just like football).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/68429213

Watch them try and introduce a new Grand Slam tournament.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: March 2, 2024, 09:47:15 am »
I don't understand why the Saudis have released their bid website for the 2034 World Cup, saying Saudi Arabia 'dreams of hosting it', when they've already been given it ('given' being the operative word). Absolutely bizarre. Do they really think that makes it look legit?
« Last Edit: March 2, 2024, 09:48:55 am by Vote For Pedro »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: March 2, 2024, 09:57:50 am »
Will be interesting to see if they deal with this behaviour especially in a country with such strict laws.

He'll probably suggest he making a 'card dealing' action.

Any normal person would be in jail.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: March 2, 2024, 10:03:54 am »
Any normal person would be in jail.

Public flogging isn't it?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: March 2, 2024, 10:05:01 am »
I don't understand why the Saudis have released their bid website for the 2034 World Cup, saying Saudi Arabia 'dreams of hosting it', when they've already been given it ('given' being the operative word). Absolutely bizarre. Do they really think that makes it look legit?

It's for the Google search timeline in 20 years time when people are looking back.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #719 on: March 12, 2024, 09:02:08 pm »

'Why The Saudi Pro League Is Already Falling Apart' - from HITC Sevens:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KVFterzsmOg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KVFterzsmOg</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/KVFterzsmOg

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 11:16:10 am by oojason »