Author Topic: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price  (Read 356109 times)

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
Re: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price
« Reply #1600 on: May 15, 2011, 01:25:15 pm »
It's funny coming from somone that's posted in it a number of times  ;)

I am not obsessed with it - I am very interested in it. Aquilani is a good player, Juve playing dirty tricks and some clueless people comparing him to Adam - The thread is a top draw joke but it makes me laugh as I know it's going to run and run and go round and round.
I have posted in it a few times. Not to the extent of some.
The problem with this thread (and the last) is, as you say, they go round and round.
And the problem with that is that it leads to no debating, but instead pointless arguing.
It really is the epitome of a fucking pointless thread.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline DTLFC92

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1601 on: May 15, 2011, 01:25:20 pm »
Well not me considering I have seen him play loads.

As for media hype - What a silly thing to say. As my mate Rednich85 would say it's retarded

Rubbish. You think that Adam is at the level he's been hyped at this season?

I've seen him play loads, I've got mates that support Blackpool that have said he's not hit the hype around him, in fact one of them thinks they'd be better off without him. And that the 'amazing' passing that he's supposedly got is nothing more than average.

Just because people don't agree with you, doesn't mean they are wrong. Just because you have watched a player a few times, doesn't mean you are right. After all, Roy had seen Konchesky for years and he obviously wasn't good enough.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: May 15, 2011, 01:34:41 pm »
Rubbish. You think that Adam is at the level he's been hyped at this season?

I've seen him play loads, I've got mates that support Blackpool that have said he's not hit the hype around him, in fact one of them thinks they'd be better off without him. And that the 'amazing' passing that he's supposedly got is nothing more than average.

Just because people don't agree with you, doesn't mean they are wrong. Just because you have watched a player a few times, doesn't mean you are right. After all, Roy had seen Konchesky for years and he obviously wasn't good enough.

To say that a player is hyped up by the media is total bollocks (again as my good mate Rednich85 would say)

Ok clearly you don't understand - Messi, Ronaldo, Parker, Adam, Aquilani, Raul, Maxi and even Jay Fucking Spearing - These are players that have been in the media spotlight of light and hyped by the media.

Now you can only get hyped by the media if you have been playing good then they comes a stage when the media don't need to talk about you as much as it's clear that player is fucking top draw eg Messi, Xavi etc.

They is no such thing as media hype - you get out of football what you put in to it and if your good then the media will spot that and then the companies will spot it and then you will be on a Nike advert.

Adam like Aquilani deserve to be hyped up as they have produced - Understand now?

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: May 15, 2011, 01:38:32 pm »
How is it bollocks mate - Many on here judge players cause of their name and it's sad. Adam is a good player and if he joins us he will improve our squad. A lot judge a player when they haven't even seen them play.

Bullshit- there's a few of us saying we'd rather just see Spearing carry on in the middle thank you very much. So it's bullshit on your part that you're bringing up "English name therefore shite" argument.

From what I've seen of Adam, he's slow, not a defender and his passing is overrated. Now he might come here and light the whole midfield up like Alonso used to, who knows? But I don't think that'd happen, and not because his name's Adam.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: May 15, 2011, 01:43:56 pm »
Bullshit- there's a few of us saying we'd rather just see Spearing carry on in the middle thank you very much. So it's bullshit on your part that you're bringing up "English name therefore shite" argument.

From what I've seen of Adam, he's slow, not a defender and his passing is overrated. Now he might come here and light the whole midfield up like Alonso used to, who knows? But I don't think that'd happen, and not because his name's Adam.

Spearing carrying our CM next season - wow. Think Rednich and my mate Mac Red will be thinking that's would be a massive fucking risk.

In fact it's madness. I think Jay has a lot of improving to do. I like the kid and always have but we need to improve our CM area and it doesn't matter if it's Adam, AA or McCarthy.

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: May 15, 2011, 01:45:27 pm »
To say that a player is hyped up by the media is total bollocks (again as my good mate Rednich85 would say)

Ok clearly you don't understand - Messi, Ronaldo, Parker, Adam, Aquilani, Raul, Maxi and even Jay Fucking Spearing - These are players that have been in the media spotlight of light and hyped by the media.

Now you can only get hyped by the media if you have been playing good then they comes a stage when the media don't need to talk about you as much as it's clear that player is fucking top draw eg Messi, Xavi etc.

They is no such thing as media hype - you get out of football what you put in to it and if your good then the media will spot that and then the companies will spot it and then you will be on a Nike advert.

Adam like Aquilani deserve to be hyped up as they have produced - Understand now?
Roy Hodgson was hyped.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline DTLFC92

• Main Stander
« Reply #1606 on: May 15, 2011, 01:47:20 pm »

Actually, do you understand?

Surely, if your opinion is correct, then that means that every player that gets hyped up by the media completely deserves it. In this sense, we'd have no overrated or underrated players. If we go by your opinion, the 'rating' they get from the media will be the one they deserve.

In this case, how do we explain Gareth Bale? Described as one of the worlds best after one performance in Italy, despite producing the same number of assists as Alberto Aquilani since January 2010 in the Premier League. A total Aquilani has only had six months to reach. If we go by your opinion, then Gareth Bale must be one of the best players in the world. But the stats seem to show otherwise.

As for Adam, may I ask, what do you feel are his particularly strong traits? It's certainly not his workrate (which is a key attribute in the way we currently play) and his passing is a tad overrated (with pass completion % down in the 40's and 50's just recently). Could it not just be that Adam was hyped up by the media alongside Blackpool's fantastic form this season. He's literally been labelled a one man team in some circuits. But, why has his form dipped alongside Blackpool's? Scott Parker has had a good season at West Ham, should we sign him?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: May 15, 2011, 01:48:45 pm »
Roy Hodgson was hyped.

To be honest he wasn't. Roy was doing a great job at Fulham and is now at West Brom problem is he didn't fit the bill as a LFC manager - He could be England manager all day long.

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1608 on: May 15, 2011, 01:50:56 pm »

Hmmm, so the media do not hype up? Have you not been paying attention? Hodgson not hyped up by the media? Joe Cole not hyped up by the media? England having a great chance to win everything they enter isn't media hype either?

I don't know whether Adam's way of playing will give an alternative that Kenny would prefer to getting Aquilani back, or whether Kenny would be happy with both or would now prefer someone else entirely, but I would say your opinion on lack of media hype does call into question your judgement.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:53:53 pm by Ipcress »
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline Aleishin

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1609 on: May 15, 2011, 01:59:07 pm »

I am sure Lucas our best player this season par none feels like he is getting all the pludits he deserves from the media in the same way he got it last season when again arguably our best player.  There is definately media hyping going on I really can not believe somebody can believe there isn't just baffles me.  As to Aquilani he would suit our side more now than when we signed him.  He is a footballer he relies on movement around him and players giving the ball early he would excell at liverpool at the moment with the way we are playing.  When we signed him our movement infront of him was so static now players are moving everywhere.  Also I really wouldn't want Adam overrated glorified sunday league player who needs plenty of time on the ball to pick his predictable over the full backs head pass close him down and he looses the ball.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: May 15, 2011, 02:01:14 pm »
Spearing carrying our CM next season - wow. Think Rednich and my mate Mac Red will be thinking that's would be a massive fucking risk.

In fact it's madness. I think Jay has a lot of improving to do. I like the kid and always have but we need to improve our CM area and it doesn't matter if it's Adam, AA or McCarthy.

Carrying our midfield? Who said anything about that? but even if you want to think about it that way, Adam would be a far bigger risk- Spearing's been a regular for a large chunk of our season now, and has played very well against every team he's faced. Lucas and Spearing at the moment is the only CM partnership since Xabi and Mascherano where there's been any notion of balance and solidity in that area.

Funnily enough, I remember saying something similar when Barry was linked the year before Alonso left, about Lucas. He was a decent, solid if unspectacular player back then as well. But I wondered if it was worth risking Lucas' development in the team for him. Of course, Xabi stayed anyway and Lucas came in every now and then to good effect. The summer after Alonso went, Barry went to Man City and Lucas turned into our most important CM in the seasons following it.

I'd like to see some cover brought in at CM, but the player should surely be better than what we have at the moment? I don't see Adam as being significantly better than what we have. Which is why I think it'd go against Commoli's point on not recruiting in positions we have talented players coming through the ranks. Jay's certainly that.

If anything, your own point about 'unfashionable names' with regards to Adam is directly applicable to Spearing here. The lad's been consistently good for us at a time when we've played the best football since Alonso left. I honestly wouldn't be disappointed to see our 2 CMs lining up in the first game next season being Spearing and Lucas. I would be disappointed if we didn't replace Poulson adequately (Adam isn't that player as I said above) though.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: May 15, 2011, 02:02:53 pm »
Actually, do you understand?

Surely, if your opinion is correct, then that means that every player that gets hyped up by the media completely deserves it. In this sense, we'd have no overrated or underrated players. If we go by your opinion, the 'rating' they get from the media will be the one they deserve.

In this case, how do we explain Gareth Bale? Described as one of the worlds best after one performance in Italy, despite producing the same number of assists as Alberto Aquilani since January 2010 in the Premier League. A total Aquilani has only had six months to reach. If we go by your opinion, then Gareth Bale must be one of the best players in the world. But the stats seem to show otherwise.

As for Adam, may I ask, what do you feel are his particularly strong traits? It's certainly not his workrate (which is a key attribute in the way we currently play) and his passing is a tad overrated (with pass completion % down in the 40's and 50's just recently). Could it not just be that Adam was hyped up by the media alongside Blackpool's fantastic form this season. He's literally been labelled a one man team in some circuits. But, why has his form dipped alongside Blackpool's? Scott Parker has had a good season at West Ham, should we sign him?

Scott Parker is a top player - Can't you see this? If we signed Parker to give Lucas some competition I would be happy with that(Think Parker will stay in London though). We have a Parker in the making in Coady.

As for Adam I have said this a number of times now. Most players that have been linked with a move away from their club have let their form dip a little - don't know if it's the disappointment of not moving or what but in Adam's case it was totally different as his manager decided to put 46m pressure on his head, made him out to be Messi and the best think since slice bread. Now Adam or any player was going to find it tough to cope with that add to the disappointment of not joining one of the best clubs in the world in Liverpool.

Due to Adam's manager clubs started to mark Adam more closely(double mark some of them) and aimed not to give Adam time on the ball. Adam struggled with this but to make matters worse Holloyway was talking up DJ and Vaughan
 two of Blackpool's other best players this season and teams marked them closely as well - What happened? Blackpool dropped like a bloody stone.

However as showed over the last two weeks that Blackpool main players are back on form but Blackpool problem has been their defense and for me they should of sold Adam and brought some defenders and they would not be in the bottom 3 now.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: May 15, 2011, 02:05:18 pm »
I am sure Lucas our best player this season par none feels like he is getting all the pludits he deserves from the media in the same way he got it last season when again arguably our best player.  There is definately media hyping going on I really can not believe somebody can believe there isn't just baffles me.  As to Aquilani he would suit our side more now than when we signed him.  He is a footballer he relies on movement around him and players giving the ball early he would excell at liverpool at the moment with the way we are playing.  When we signed him our movement infront of him was so static now players are moving everywhere.  Also I really wouldn't want Adam overrated glorified sunday league player who needs plenty of time on the ball to pick his predictable over the full backs head pass close him down and he looses the ball.

Lucas gets media hype(Certainly has of late). Problem for Lucas is he plays as a DM so unless your like a Scott Parker it's hard to really stand out but certainly from the start of this year Lucas has been more and more in the media spotlight.

Media Hype means fuck all.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1613 on: May 15, 2011, 02:17:01 pm »
Fordy you have become unnaturally obsessed with these Aquilani threads.

I disagree with that one ... Fordy obviously knows his English football better than you, so if he says that Adam is better suited to the English game than Aquilani, you should trust him ... Even though he is probably talking about League One/League Two level ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Aleishin

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1614 on: May 15, 2011, 02:17:16 pm »
Lucas gets media hype(Certainly has of late). Problem for Lucas is he plays as a DM so unless your like a Scott Parker it's hard to really stand out but certainly from the start of this year Lucas has been more and more in the media spotlight.

Media Hype means fuck all.

Zonal marking? Rotation?  As someone else said before England to win world/euros?  Anyone with an English passport having an additional 5m+ on their price tag?

I am not buying this No Media hype its evident.  Anyways this is kinda getting off topic  :)

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: May 15, 2011, 02:19:46 pm »
I disagree with that one ... Fordy obviously knows his English football better than you, so if he says that Adam is better suited to the English game than Aquilani, you should trust him ... Even though he is probably talking about League One/League Two level ...

Got to go now - I will be back for you later - Mac Red makes the internet a dangerous place.
 ;D

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: May 15, 2011, 02:25:40 pm »
Am sure that FSG will take both the value of the player and the wages into consideration.  We may not want to get rail-roaded into just selling Aquilani for anything, but if it turns out he has no future at the club then FSG will want to move fast as I think his wages are pretty high.

I'd love to see him get another season, but a lot of that depends on the player and whether he actually wants to give it a go.

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #1617 on: May 15, 2011, 02:28:54 pm »
I see.
I will concede to the all-knowing Fordy.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: May 15, 2011, 02:30:44 pm »
Someone mentioned a replacement for Poulsen and without wanting to turn this into a transfer thread i would love us to go for Lassana Diarra from Real (if its true that Madrid are looking to offload some midfielders).

We need that type of player to compliment the likes of Aqualani and potentially Adam.

IMO, i'd rather AA returned than go for Adam. We've seen a few one season wonders and i just worry Adam may be the same.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1619 on: May 15, 2011, 02:32:16 pm »
why are so many ppl pining for AA to come back if he doesn't want to be here?  Fuck him, if you don't want to be here we don't need you.  No more begging.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: May 15, 2011, 02:34:20 pm »

Why do we need Spearing to carry our midfield if we dont sign anyone . We do have Gerrard who will return from injury next  season . We have enough cover in CM in Gerrard Meireles Spearing and even Lucas when necessary . I wont complain if we sign Adad / McCarthy or bring back Aquilani but that doesnt mean we need a new CM next season . Whoever is signed he will be a luxury squad player .

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: May 15, 2011, 02:36:02 pm »
Someone mentioned a replacement for Poulsen and without wanting to turn this into a transfer thread i would love us to go for Lassana Diarra from Real (if its true that Madrid are looking to offload some midfielders).

We need that type of player to compliment the likes of Aquilani and potentially Adam.

IMO, i'd rather AA returned than go for Adam. We've seen a few one season wonders and i just worry Adam may be the same.

Diarra is leaving Madrid for first team football . We already have Lucas so i dont think we can offer him that .

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: May 15, 2011, 02:59:26 pm »
Diarra is leaving Madrid for first team football . We already have Lucas so i dont think we can offer him that .

We really miss a CM with bite. That should be the type of player we go for in summer for that position. It seems kenny likes to play with 2 CMs holding and the other 4 with alot of freedom to create in front of them. If that remains the same i think Diarra-Lucas is perfect.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: May 15, 2011, 03:21:46 pm »
We really miss a CM with bite. That should be the type of player we go for in summer for that position. It seems kenny likes to play with 2 CMs holding and the other 4 with alot of freedom to create in front of them. If that remains the same i think Diarra-Lucas is perfect.

We probably play with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle next season though .

Offline DTLFC92

• Main Stander
« Reply #1624 on: May 15, 2011, 03:48:34 pm »
Scott Parker is a top player - Can't you see this? If we signed Parker to give Lucas some competition I would be happy with that(Think Parker will stay in London though). We have a Parker in the making in Coady.

I never said he wasn't. But we could do a lot better.

As for Adam I have said this a number of times now. Most players that have been linked with a move away from their club have let their form dip a little - don't know if it's the disappointment of not moving or what but in Adam's case it was totally different as his manager decided to put 46m pressure on his head, made him out to be Messi and the best think since slice bread. Now Adam or any player was going to find it tough to cope with that add to the disappointment of not joining one of the best clubs in the world in Liverpool.

Rubbish. His form didn't dip as soon as the 'price' was listed. But, if you decide to stick with your opinion, how will he cope when the pressure of playing for a big club comes along?

Due to Adam's manager clubs started to mark Adam more closely(double mark some of them) and aimed not to give Adam time on the ball. Adam struggled with this but to make matters worse Holloyway was talking up DJ and Vaughan
 two of Blackpool's other best players this season and teams marked them closely as well - What happened? Blackpool dropped like a bloody stone.

And you don't think he'll have this here? If he can't play well if the attention is on him, then how will he handle playing for us.

However as showed over the last two weeks that Blackpool main players are back on form but Blackpool problem has been their defense and for me they should of sold Adam and brought some defenders and they would not be in the bottom 3 now.

Hypothetical. Much like your assertion that Adam would be better than Aquilani because he's 'done it in the PL'.

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1625 on: May 15, 2011, 06:13:53 pm »
We probably play with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle next season though .

Hopefully not ... That midfield combo would only cement our Europa League status ...

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: May 15, 2011, 06:38:00 pm »
Didn't need a player like him today AT ALL.

Offline IlPrincipino4

• Main Stander
« Reply #1627 on: May 15, 2011, 06:49:44 pm »
why are so many ppl pining for AA to come back if he doesn't want to be here?  Fuck him, if you don't want to be here we don't need you.  No more begging.
It is so funny you say that and then you have an avatar of Carroll.  A bit contradictory, dont you think ?

Offline caze

• Kopite
« Reply #1628 on: May 15, 2011, 07:10:21 pm »
Didn't need a player like him today AT ALL.
It's hard to tell in this thread, but I assume you're being sarcastic?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: May 15, 2011, 07:11:20 pm »
That obvious? ;)

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #1630 on: May 15, 2011, 07:14:38 pm »
If, as looks likely, we cannot even offer Europa Cup football , the incentive to return will have diminished fiurther.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1631 on: May 15, 2011, 07:15:22 pm »
If, as looks likely, we cannot even offer Europa Cup football , the incentive to return will have diminished fiurther.

I'm convinced you come to this thread when you'er bored and try and take the piss.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1632 on: May 15, 2011, 07:27:29 pm »

Yup, I've read somewhere that he specifically wants to play in the Europa League next season ...

Offline bennynot4me

• Main Stander
« Reply #1633 on: May 15, 2011, 07:30:04 pm »
hope he's bulked up

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: May 15, 2011, 07:41:47 pm »
Fordy and Xerxes, can you just give me a set of bullet points as to why you dont want to see Aquilani back here. As far as I can make out we have:

1. He has said he doesnt want to be here (which he hasnt)

2. Todays cracker seems to be that he wont come back because were out of europe (not yet we arent)

3. Some bullshit about him not being worth his remaining pay and his wages.

4. xerxes insistance that he is Aurellio in disguise.

Does that cover all the points?
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Dr. Venkman

• Anny Roader
  • Nobody owns the sky
« Reply #1635 on: May 15, 2011, 07:47:48 pm »
Fordy and Xerxes, can you just give me a set of bullet points as to why you dont want to see Aquilani back here. As far as I can make out we have:

2. Todays cracker seems to be that he wont come back because were out of europe (not yet we arent)

I know you didn't ask me but im pretty sure he has said he wants to stay at Juve but would be happy to come back, perhaps 'would rather be elsewhere' would be more accurate. I'd see him back personally but don't think it would be a massive loss if he didn't
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: May 15, 2011, 07:48:05 pm »

Blert mate - Why you involving me in this? Xerxes is on his own.

1) I have stated that AA is good player

2) I do want him back but if he wants to stay in Italy then we should respect that and make it happen for him.

3) I just believe come the 2nd of September he will be playing his trade for another club.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #1637 on: May 15, 2011, 07:49:04 pm »
It is so funny you say that and then you have an avatar of Carroll.  A bit contradictory, dont you think ?

Carroll doesn't want to be here? Did he tell you that?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1638 on: May 15, 2011, 07:57:50 pm »
Carroll doesn't want to be here? Did he tell you that?

I think he told the newcastle fans that mate. But it means nothing. Unlike AAs outbursts.

"Derek [Llambias, Newcastle's managing director] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice," Carroll said. "I wasn't wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

"Then I flew down in [owner Mike Ashley's] helicopter. I didn't want to leave. I'm gutted that I wasn't wanted at my home team after everything I have done and the progress I have made.

"I didn't want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn't want to leave. The players, staff and fans were fantastic."

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: May 16, 2011, 03:13:24 am »
Off topic but most of Charlie Adam's goals and assists come from penalties and set pieces anyway...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOb-n8KOHiA&feature=feedu_more

He also has 70% pass completion rate, maybe even less now which is worse than Carragher. But who knows? some players can improve and step up. Wouldn't mind him coming here but would rather Aquilani returned, or get McCarthy instead.