Author Topic: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price  (Read 356109 times)

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
Re: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price
« Reply #1400 on: May 14, 2011, 09:33:14 am »
This is what Juve wanted hence playing this through the media.

It doesn't matter what Juve say through the media or otherwise if there were other clubs willing to pay the price. Instead they apper to be trying to drive the price down in the knowledge that nobody else is willing to meet the asking price.

The conclusion has to be we paid £20 million for an injured player who now isn't worth 16 million euros when fit.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1401 on: May 14, 2011, 09:38:20 am »
It doesn't matter what Juve say through the media or otherwise if there were other clubs willing to pay the price. Instead they apper to be trying to drive the price down in the knowledge that nobody else is willing to meet the asking price.

The conclusion has to be we paid £20 million for an injured player who now isn't worth 16 million euros when fit.

Nah I just think as I have said before if a value is placed on something nearly a year ago and the main buyer refuses to pay that agreed fee and wants it lowered they're not many going to come in and pay that agreed fee.

Juve are playing a clever game here.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #1402 on: May 14, 2011, 09:43:59 am »
Nah I just think as I have said before if a value is placed on something nearly a year ago and the main buyer refuses to pay that agreed fee and wants it lowered they're not many going to come in and pay that agreed fee.

Juve are playing a clever game here.

If Gareth Bale was on loan at Spurs and they refused to pay the price, there'd be a queue round the block to buy him. In the same way, if Aquilani was worth the price then someone would buy him. The game Juventus are playing is that they know he's not worth it and everyone else agrees.

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1403 on: May 14, 2011, 10:05:28 am »
If Gareth Bale was on loan at Spurs and they refused to pay the price, there'd be a queue round the block to buy him. In the same way, if Aquilani was worth the price then someone would buy him. The game Juventus are playing is that they know he's not worth it and everyone else agrees.

Well there's one club that may think he's worth €16m to them, and that's LFC if they hang on to him. There's not a queue for Reina at £20m, does not mean he is not worth it or more to LFC.

Also what is the point for any other club to show an interest at this point? If they are interested they will make it known when they know what price Juve will or will not buy him at.
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: May 14, 2011, 10:17:29 am »

The problem is not many big Italian clubs seems to be in need of a CM not that the issue he is worth that much . So unless Milan shows any interest Juve will have upeerhand in negotiations . Obviously if Kenny wants to keep him it will be a different situation .

« Reply #1405 on: May 14, 2011, 10:20:47 am »
The agent of on-loan Juventus midfielder Alberto Aquilani has urged Liverpool to drop their asking price.

The Bianconeri have been haggling over the €16m fee after taking the player on loan for this season and the deadline is looming.

“Juve want to sign Aquilani on a permanent basis, but they also want a discount from Liverpool on a price-tag that is effectively a little steep,” agent Franco Zavaglia told Sportmediaset.

“Clearly, if Alberto were to return to one of the top teams in the Premier League, then he wouldn’t be unhappy. He did sign a five-year contract with Liverpool.

“The important thing is that he had a good season and washed away those rumours he was constantly injured.”

Like I said one day its his wants Italy the next day he may come back, it's quite simple he has two choices stay there or come back here and he will be comfortable with both. The issue is what is good for the club having AA here or lowering our asking price and selling him

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1406 on: May 14, 2011, 10:25:28 am »
Still fucking stupid that such a player went on loan in the first place. The club should take Purslow to court.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1407 on: May 14, 2011, 10:26:03 am »
Clearly, if Alberto were to return to one of the top teams in the Premier League, then he wouldn't be unhappy. He did sign a five-year contract with Liverpool.

Done.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1408 on: May 14, 2011, 10:26:06 am »
The agent of on-loan Juventus midfielder Alberto Aquilani has urged Liverpool to drop their asking price.

The Bianconeri have been haggling over the €16m fee after taking the player on loan for this season and the deadline is looming.

“Juve want to sign Aquilani on a permanent basis, but they also want a discount from Liverpool on a price-tag that is effectively a little steep,” agent Franco Zavaglia told Sportmediaset.

“Clearly, if Alberto were to return to one of the top teams in the Premier League, then he wouldn’t be unhappy. He did sign a five-year contract with Liverpool.

“The important thing is that he had a good season and washed away those rumours he was constantly injured.”

Like I said one day its his wants Italy the next day he may come back, it's quite simple he has two choices stay there or come back here and he will be comfortable with both. The issue is what is good for the club having AA here or lowering our asking price and selling him

They can piss off. If they want him, then pay the money. If you don't pay the money then fuck off. Cheeky bastards.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

« Reply #1409 on: May 14, 2011, 10:37:51 am »
They can piss off. If they want him, then pay the money. If you don't pay the money then fuck off. Cheeky bastards.
Yeah, I keep saying we are under no pressure to sell, the club know AA's first choice is to stay in Italy and they have given Juve the opportunity to buy him if they don't use it the club and player will be happy to be re-united.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: May 14, 2011, 10:41:45 am »
We bought him for £17mill when he was half fit, and spent a year getting him fit. He then has a year on loan at a top Italian club where he proves his fitness and is seen as one of their better players during the season, and the agent is calling for us to accept less than £13mill - Fuck off you cheeky bastard.

I wouldn't mind him coming back to be honest.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: May 14, 2011, 10:44:09 am »
If Dalglish thinks he can bring something to the team he'll bring him back.  If not, then he'll let him go for whatever contribution he can get.  Obviously there is little interest in him at the mo so asking price will prob have to be dropped.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1412 on: May 14, 2011, 10:45:38 am »
Obviously there is little interest in him at the mo so asking price will prob have to be dropped.

Considering the apparent 'new' way we do things, how do you know there is little interest in him?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

« Reply #1413 on: May 14, 2011, 10:45:43 am »
We bought him for £17mill when he was half fit, and spent a year getting him fit. He then has a year on loan at a top Italian club where he proves his fitness and is seen as one of their better players during the season, and the agent is calling for us to accept less than £13mill - Fuck off you cheeky bastard.

I wouldn't mind him coming back to be honest.
The agent never said we should reduce the price

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: May 14, 2011, 10:48:07 am »
Considering the apparent 'new' way we do things, how do you know there is little interest in him?

Well I don't, but there will be other parties involved if there was interest, so even if we kept it 'in house' the press would pick up on it from either his agent or potential buying team.

royhendo

« Reply #1415 on: May 14, 2011, 10:48:39 am »
Pussy Bumboysiero.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1416 on: May 14, 2011, 10:52:32 am »
Juve....cough up or piss off.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Aleishin

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1417 on: May 14, 2011, 10:53:16 am »
Really hope they don't pay up, different option to all our other CMs probably better at carrying the ball forward and his movement in the last 3rd invaribly finds him in space.  Would suit our side much more now than last season or the beginning of this, another player for me who has good movement technically very sound and the more players we have like this the better.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1418 on: May 14, 2011, 10:54:25 am »
dickheads, and the put in a 30million bid for benzema the other day.. they are trying to be too sneaky now.. take him back.. :wanker
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1419 on: May 14, 2011, 11:00:55 am »
Well I don't, but there will be other parties involved if there was interest, so even if we kept it 'in house' the press would pick up on it from either his agent or potential buying team.

But you said it was obvious there's little interest.

There's no way you could know that, or even the press could know that.

Considering Juve have 1st option, I'd imagine anyone making inquiries would be waiting until they know how the Juve thing pans out.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: May 14, 2011, 11:01:21 am »
dickheads, and the put in a 30million bid for benzema the other day.. they are trying to be too sneaky now.. take him back.. :wanker

Source?

@rednich85

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #1421 on: May 14, 2011, 11:01:53 am »
Because they are in a financial crisis ...

Aren´t they set to blow something like 100m euro this summer?
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: May 14, 2011, 11:02:40 am »
Aren´t they set to blow something like 100m euro this summer?

Source?

@rednich85

Offline pcch7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1423 on: May 14, 2011, 11:03:24 am »
But you said it was obvious there's little interest.

There's no way you could know that, or even the press could know that.

Considering Juve have 1st option, I'd imagine anyone making inquiries would be waiting until they know how the Juve thing pans out.
They won´t have first option when his loan deal expires, right? That would be really bad business..
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Offline pcch7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: May 14, 2011, 11:04:38 am »
Source?

well I think I read it on a reputable site like goal or something =), but I´ve seen a few rumours like that so it would be weird if they´re suddenly in a financial crisis

Offline shanks_legend

• Anny Roader
  • Whopper/Beaut of the highest order
« Reply #1425 on: May 14, 2011, 11:06:14 am »
Source?

Real Madrid have turned down an offer of 30m euros (£26.4m) from Juventus for French striker Karim Benzema. (La Gazzetta dello Sport)

If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #1426 on: May 14, 2011, 11:07:54 am »
The deal runs out on the 30th of June so that is that deadline. 15th of May is a deadline seems to deadline to try and get the ball rolling on the deal.

If the 15th of May passes it's not the end of the sega as Juve know he is still their player until the 30th of June.

And after 15th May they can do eff all to sign him (if we dont want to sell).

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: May 14, 2011, 11:08:42 am »
They won´t have first option when his loan deal expires, right? That would be really bad business..

As I understand it, they have 1st option until just before the transfer window opens, meaning they have until that date to tie a deal up, if not, he goes on the open market (or comes 'home')

@rednich85

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: May 14, 2011, 11:11:19 am »
well I think I read it on a reputable site like goal or something =), but I´ve seen a few rumours like that so it would be weird if they´re suddenly in a financial crisis

Actually, Juve have been hard up recently. Their raft of loan signings last summer was because, they didnt have the money to actually buy players.

I don't think they're in a crisis but in the same breath, I dont think they have the money to pay the agreed fee for Berty.

@rednich85

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: May 14, 2011, 11:11:56 am »
And after 15th May they can do eff all to sign him (if we dont want to sell).

Yeah they can keep on talking to Liverpool as AA is their player until the 30th of June. So even if the 15th of May passes with no deal done this will go on and on until AA is back in pre season with Liverpool.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: May 14, 2011, 11:13:09 am »
Actually, Juve have been hard up recently. Their raft of loan signings last summer was because, they didnt have the money to actually buy players.

I don't think they're in a crisis but in the same breath, I dont think they have the money to pay the agreed fee for Berty.

The agreed deal for AA is over a 3 year period. They can afford it and have never said they can't.

Source?

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: May 14, 2011, 11:13:53 am »
The agreed deal for AA is over a 3 year period. They can afford it and have never said they can't.

Source?

Source for what? Juve's apparent financial problems?

@rednich85

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #1432 on: May 14, 2011, 11:15:50 am »
Yeah they can keep on talking to Liverpool as AA is their player until the 30th of June. So even if the 15th of May passes with no deal done this will go on and on until AA is back in pre season with Liverpool.

Yeah, my point was that right now the future of Aqua is in Juve's hands, come next week tho, it will be a different story.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1433 on: May 14, 2011, 11:18:51 am »
Source for what? Juve's apparent financial problems?

Source that Juve have come out and said they can't afford the agreed deal.

Juve have never said they can't afford any player.

Yes they might have financial problems but so do a number of clubs - means nothing.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1434 on: May 14, 2011, 11:20:44 am »

I think he's back here as soon as the Italian league finishes next week to be honest. No point in Juventus paying his wages once the season is over so I am sure he will be straight back here after the last round of games.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: May 14, 2011, 11:21:57 am »
Yeah, my point was that right now the future of Aqua is in Juve's hands, come next week tho, it will be a different story.

No it's not a different story. They have him until the 30th of June and they want the player so Juve will keep banging on the door like they have done since the start of the year.

Juve have made it very clear they won't be paying the agreed fee - Nothing changes until AA is back in England.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: May 14, 2011, 11:21:58 am »
Source that Juve have come out and said they can't afford the agreed deal.

Juve have never said they can't afford any player.

Yes they might have financial problems but so do a number of clubs - means nothing.

Now I know you're more intelligent than 'means nothing'.

Don't be fucking silly.

Of course Juve aren't going to come out and say they can't afford him.

@rednich85

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1437 on: May 14, 2011, 11:22:57 am »
I think he's back here as soon as the Italian league finishes next week to be honest. No point in Juventus paying his wages once the season is over so I am sure he will be straight back here after the last round of games.

30th of June is the end of the deal mate.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1438 on: May 14, 2011, 11:26:57 am »
Now I know you're more intelligent than 'means nothing'.

Don't be fucking silly.

Of course Juve aren't going to come out and say they can't afford him.

Juve haven't come out and said they can't afford the player. Now just like you have been asking for sources I wan't you to provide one.

To be honest mate I am being a WUM as all you done this morning is post - SOURCE?  ;D

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: May 14, 2011, 11:46:19 am »
Juve haven't come out and said they can't afford the player. Now just like you have been asking for sources I wan't you to provide one.

To be honest mate I am being a WUM as all you done this morning is post - SOURCE?  ;D

Juve have a lot of financial worries.

End of story.

Stick your sources up yer arse!! haha

@rednich85