Author Topic: CL SF: Roma 4 (6) v LFC 2 (7) - no room for all the scorers  (Read 124510 times)

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL SF: Roma 4 (6) v LFC 2 (7) - no room for all the scorers
« Reply #1600 on: May 4, 2018, 01:29:03 pm »
Of course. And even in that game we concede from one of the unluckiest own goals ever, were unlucky not to get a pen on Mane, unlucky to have their absurd pdn given, and unlucky not benefit from a sending off for the tackle on Mane.

This is true.  I'll take luck any day, sure. I'll gladly take it against RM in the final.  Against Roma though, we didn't need luck and didn't receive luck.  The truth is that it was Roma that was riding their luck.  On balance, they were lucky (through poor decisions and fluky goals) to come as close as they did.  It really doesn't matter that we conceded 4 garbage time goals (2 of which were poor decisions in Roma's favor), we played to win the tie and those goals didn't fucking matter. At all.

Offline LondonLFCFan

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1601 on: May 4, 2018, 01:29:57 pm »
Then plan was o get into the Final without getting any more injuries. No rash tackles like what Ox did, just do enough without full intensity and counter pressing against Roma to secure getting through.
The boys were under a leash. Instead of normally going full throttle to press high to win the second ball, we withstand the kitchen sink thrown at us.

With our first 11 players, we can beat any team when we go full throttle and press to win the second balls.

Winning the PL next season will require a good bench of players to match our top 11 boys.
All we need to do is to win all the games that we have drawn this year, and we are 24 points better off.
Of the 4 games we lost this year, we could have easily drawn or even win those.
Just need a fantastic bench to rotate to fit playing against each team we play against.

Klopp has the done so much till now, hope FSG will support him to give us the players needed to strengthen our bench ;)
We are in good hands now under Klopp and FSG. Fantastic time as LFC supporter. Exciting times !

We will never forget you Mr Rafa Benitez for what you have done for us. Thank you.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=256378.msg6822596#msg6822596

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293625.msg10340260#msg1034

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: May 4, 2018, 01:30:44 pm »
Anyway - all this bs started with the garbage penalty call against Milner in Leg 1.

Go to 5-1 up - it's not even a contested game apart from maybe the first 15-20 mins?

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: May 4, 2018, 01:32:42 pm »
Anyway - all this bs started with the garbage penalty call against Milner in Leg 1.

Go to 5-1 up - it's not even a contested game apart from maybe the first 15-20 mins?

That was arguably a penalty IMO. I just wish there was consistency and we got the one vs Stoke which was exactly the same thing.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1604 on: May 4, 2018, 01:38:09 pm »
sun's out. we're in the final
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1605 on: May 4, 2018, 01:38:59 pm »
I see what some people are saying. If Roma were awarded 4 fucking penalties and converted them all, they could have won it. Brilliant.

Look, Italian football is shit. Football is moving in a new direction and Italian football is dying, but they're too arrogant to accept it.

Perhaps they should go back to drugging themselves up to the eyeballs, it appears to be the only way they can win these days.

Or giving referees watches.

Makes you laugh that the nation whose top flight football was embroiled in match fixing only 12 years ago - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal

are whingeing about refereeing decisions. VAR might have given them two penalties, wiped off the Milner and Klavan penalties and awarded us the shove in Mane's back.

Roma showed a fair bit of spirirt and it was a proper semi-final but the whining - give it  a rest.

Mind you, we're guaranteed to get them in Europe next year.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1606 on: May 4, 2018, 01:40:23 pm »
Finally had time to watch the game this evening. It's hilarious that anyone thinks we got lucky - those people obviously didn't watch the game where we cancelled their away goals within 25 minutes, then went into cruise control with a 7-3 lead. Our front three went into beach footy fuckaround mode ,and Gary Gillespie was a bit annoyed about that because we could have easily been ahead 4-1 at halftime and then no amount of spawny OGs or "let's give the home fans some nice memories to go home with so they won't run people over on the footpath with their Vespas like some angry man almost did to a young and naive GreatEx after he watched them get stunned at home by Udinese in January 1998" non-penalties would have made it anything close to a contest, either on paper, in reality, or in Danny Murphy's tiny spherical head.

Let's not forget that as the clock ticked over to 92:00, with the 5th official having earlier signalled 3 minutes of added time, Trent Alexander-Arnold was trotting off the pitch to be replaced by Nathaniel Clyne, with Roma still needing 2 goals just to force extra time. And apparently we were lucky. The ref would never have given the Klavan "handball" if he hadn't already decided he was going to blow the final whistle immediately afterwards.

We will win in Kyiv, I have no doubt.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: May 4, 2018, 01:43:54 pm »
That was arguably a penalty IMO. I just wish there was consistency and we got the one vs Stoke which was exactly the same thing.

No it wasn't, the Stoke penno was stonewall, the Milner one was debatable.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1608 on: May 4, 2018, 01:48:51 pm »
Finally had time to watch the game this evening. It's hilarious that anyone thinks we got lucky - those people obviously didn't watch the game where we cancelled their away goals within 25 minutes, then went into cruise control with a 7-3 lead. Our front three went into beach footy fuckaround mode ,and Gary Gillespie was a bit annoyed about that because we could have easily been ahead 4-1 at halftime and then no amount of spawny OGs or "let's give the home fans some nice memories to go home with so they won't run people over on the footpath with their Vespas like some angry man almost did to a young and naive GreatEx after he watched them get stunned at home by Udinese in January 1998" non-penalties would have made it anything close to a contest, either on paper, in reality, or in Danny Murphy's tiny spherical head.

Let's not forget that as the clock ticked over to 92:00, with the 5th official having earlier signalled 3 minutes of added time, Trent Alexander-Arnold was trotting off the pitch to be replaced by Nathaniel Clyne, with Roma still needing 2 goals just to force extra time. And apparently we were lucky. The ref would never have given the Klavan "handball" if he hadn't already decided he was going to blow the final whistle immediately afterwards.

We will win in Kyiv, I have no doubt.

:lmao

:wellin

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1609 on: May 4, 2018, 01:50:29 pm »
The score was far too close than it should. We absolutely deserved to go through, we were a class above them.

Every report or neutral observation I've read concurs with this. People who saw the game live all said once Sadio scores it ended as a contest effectively. We were under pressure at times yes but they benefited from the jammiest own goal you'll see, and a very generous penalty that made it look a lot closer than it was.

I also feel for what it's worth that Florenzi should have been sent off for taking Mane's ankles second half. Right nasty one that was.

Great credit to Roma and their fans but we fully deserve to be there on the 26th.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1610 on: May 4, 2018, 01:51:43 pm »
we were in danger of having to play extra time for about 10 seconds I think
That’s what I thought.

Those 10 seconds really dragged though didn’t they. It felt like they lasted at least 11 seconds. Thankfully against all the odds, we held out.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1611 on: May 4, 2018, 01:56:45 pm »

You are playign mostly yeams that wouldn't even make it out of the Europa League qualifiers. League shows your consistency against poor teams. It doesn't show quality because there simply isn't enough good teams in it. Are Man Utd a better team than us seeing as they are many points ahead of us?

The best team of the season wins the league. We may have closed the gap a bit since Christmas but City have a better squad (maybe not better first team.....but maybe they do).

Are Utd better than us? Yes they are as they are above us in the League. Are they exciting to watch.......absolutely not.

The EPL is a better league than many in Europe and the weaker teams certainly do not roll over and let you win.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1612 on: May 4, 2018, 02:01:18 pm »
Late to the party on this so it’s probably already been said but if they get the penalty for the Karius foul they wouldn’t have scored the Dzeko goal which came about 2 minutes later so then it all starts getting very hypothetical and Sliding Doorsy.

And they may not have scored the penalty and even if they did the whole outcome would have changed. We may have scored two more.......who knows.

Losers always want to grasp at straws.
#JFT97

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1613 on: May 4, 2018, 02:37:44 pm »
SION? No this is where the real misery is at.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jHauAaCFFUw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jHauAaCFFUw</a>
[/quote

I have tried to erase this guy's tenure completely. Don't remind me of the misery he caused!

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1614 on: May 4, 2018, 02:51:00 pm »
UEFA surely seems to have fate in us!  ;D ;D

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1615 on: May 4, 2018, 02:54:11 pm »
Er no we are not, if we was we would be winning the title and not 20+ points behind first.

The League for me is a better indication of quality mostly.

In 2005 would you say we was the best team in the league? No not even close.

Cup games rely on a bit of luck, game raising, Fans, Moments in the match etc and of course quality.

But to win a league you need quality and consistency week in week out and is a far greater indicator of the quality of a team.

Was Porto the best team in the world when they won it? was chelsea at the time? nah, not even close.

to quote a good player " Who cares"

We are the best British Club in Europe

had we got Virgil in the summer we would be a lot closer to City than we are right now.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1616 on: May 4, 2018, 03:37:07 pm »

FIX

Real getting screwed in final then  8)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: May 4, 2018, 04:11:49 pm »

so thats where all the missed penalty calls went. ;D

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1618 on: May 4, 2018, 05:39:50 pm »
GoT will love this
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1619 on: May 4, 2018, 07:49:29 pm »
No game management what so ever.

If we are to sustain where we are right now and be a consistent force in Europe and in the league, season in ans season out - we need to learn game management.
Our ability to close a game out is non existent and we are 12-18 months away from it even if we start right now. Yes we got through, but image the scene, 10 minutes to go in the final, we're 1 up and we need to close the game out, what happens?....We continue to stretch ourselves and put ourselves at risk because we only know how to play one way, charge football.
Yes it's great to watch, yes we win many admirers - but the great, and I mean the truly great teams, manage games, we don't or can't.

Tougher tests than last night, lie ahead over the next 18 months.

I think our problem lies with our depth, but at this moment, we can obviously do nothing about it. We're not the done deal yet so we'll take it however it comes.

I think with Klopp's way of playing, we need to make the best of our starting XI and more than any other team, we run ourselves into the ground while they're on the field. We have no midfielders at the ready and so we're even easier overrun and we have to drop deep. This was compounded by the fact that since we're not the final product, we didn't have the options we liked all season to rotate effectively. Those players were all dead on their feet as soon as midway first half already. That is definitely the season's cumulative effect.

We've done fantastically with this squad sofar so I'll take it. I see no reason why it should continue this way once we have proper depth and experience especially in midfield.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2018, 07:59:47 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: May 4, 2018, 07:55:08 pm »
Where is the van Dijk gif?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1621 on: May 4, 2018, 08:05:46 pm »
Er no we are not, if we was we would be winning the title and not 20+ points behind first.

The League for me is a better indication of quality mostly.

In 2005 would you say we was the best team in the league? No not even close.

Cup games rely on a bit of luck, game raising, Fans, Moments in the match etc and of course quality.

But to win a league you need quality and consistency week in week out and is a far greater indicator of the quality of a team.

Was Porto the best team in the world when they won it? was chelsea at the time? nah, not even close.

Our consistency is hampered by our lack of depth. We're much better off depthwise than we were possibly under Rafa even, but our football's moved up a few hundred meters per game since then so we're not the finished product. We don't draw games(losses are at title winner numbers these days) because of a lack of quality as we had done earlier in the season and before- we draw games because we run out of steam and the only way for us to counter that is to have more options available - especially in midfield where we have to cover 10+ kms per game. That will allow us to counter the cumulative effect of our thunderous style of play and keep up our pace during a game.
We're already prolly the fittest team in the league.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2018, 08:08:41 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1622 on: May 4, 2018, 08:10:38 pm »
The fuckin state of this thread! Honest to god.

We're in the Champions League Final against Real Madrid and we have melts on here debating whether or not we're lucky or not.

As Van Dyke says 'Who Cares?' ffs?! We're in the final and that's all that matters.

I hope we get 2 lucky deflections to go 2 nil up, Real then score an own goal and miss 3 penalties for us to win in Kiev. Couldn't give a fuck.

We're going to win big ears for the 6th time and that's all that matters!

Up the mighty fucking redmen!!

:champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1623 on: May 4, 2018, 08:26:41 pm »
Is there going to be an organised bus welcome in Kiev? Surely this will be needed more than any other.
Lining the streets and cheering them on.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1624 on: May 4, 2018, 08:41:52 pm »
Where is the van Dijk gif?

Can't get it to show for some reason. Just modify my reply if you can.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2018, 08:44:41 pm by the_red_pill »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: May 4, 2018, 08:47:59 pm »

Can't get it to show for some reason. Just modify my reply if you can.

Cheers mate
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1626 on: May 4, 2018, 09:05:37 pm »
Fucking Champions League final boys and girls!!!!

What a fucking rollercoaster of a season we're having. Roma only scored 6 cos we fucking let them :lmao

Bring on Real Madrid, let Salah show that Ronaldo how it's fucking done!!!!
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: May 4, 2018, 09:19:22 pm »
Well we know we can't or won't keep Madrid out. I'm betting we beat our 5-4 game against Alves.  ;D

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1628 on: May 4, 2018, 09:31:54 pm »
If - IF - we do it, do we reckon the parade will be the next day? I’ve booked until the Tuesday off work anyway but if it’s the next day Christ only knows what state I’ll be in ;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1629 on: May 4, 2018, 11:35:16 pm »
We're LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

Of course we're the greatest team in the world. By fucking definition. Shanks's definition. Some right fucking lucky bag nouveaus in this thread who don't seem to grasp what LFC actually means.

:)

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: May 5, 2018, 12:25:01 am »
We're LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

Of course we're the greatest team in the world. By fucking definition. Shanks's definition. Some right fucking lucky bag nouveaus in this thread who don't seem to grasp what LFC actually means.

:)

Is fckin right, any kind of lily-livered whining really grinds my gears - the whole 'crying it in' pessimism goes against anything this club has ever stood for. We haven't had an easy ride in any final since 1974 and even then it took til the second half for our total dominance to be reflected in the scoreline. Since then no matter how great our team, no matter how inferior ( or very very occassionally superior) the opposition, we've always had to dig it out, every cup win has always been hard fought.

Success never came easily even in the glory years of the 70's and 80's when we were miles ahead of any other team on the fckin planet. We should all revel in the fact we are in a CL  final (it doesn't automatically come along for even the best teams in europe, never has), enjoy it and remember we've got a far better team now than we had in 2005 and are facing a team far inferior to that Milan team of legendary superstars we faced back then. Yeah so we might not win, yeah so opposition fans will gloat if we don't win but fck em, fck the lot of the fckin cnts, they'd give anything to be in our position right now - we are Liverpool, this kind of challenge is what we live for and always have done - it's why we are in the fckin final in the first place, cos we have grown up with hope in our hearts and that's something that's been handed down the generations from the 60's onwards and still reverberates enough to inspire the current custodians on the pitch. We know our place, the players know our place... and our place is to be fckin champions of fckin Europe, cos that's what we've always have been and always fckin will be.   ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1631 on: May 5, 2018, 02:49:34 am »
^
 :wellin
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1632 on: May 5, 2018, 04:28:29 am »
Is fckin right, any kind of lily-livered whining really grinds my gears - the whole 'crying it in' pessimism goes against anything this club has ever stood for. We haven't had an easy ride in any final since 1974 and even then it took til the second half for our total dominance to be reflected in the scoreline. Since then no matter how great our team, no matter how inferior ( or very very occassionally superior) the opposition, we've always had to dig it out, every cup win has always been hard fought.

Success never came easily even in the glory years of the 70's and 80's when we were miles ahead of any other team on the fckin planet. We should all revel in the fact we are in a CL  final (it doesn't automatically come along for even the best teams in europe, never has), enjoy it and remember we've got a far better team now than we had in 2005 and are facing a team far inferior to that Milan team of legendary superstars we faced back then. Yeah so we might not win, yeah so opposition fans will gloat if we don't win but fck em, fck the lot of the fckin cnts, they'd give anything to be in our position right now - we are Liverpool, this kind of challenge is what we live for and always have done - it's why we are in the fckin final in the first place, cos we have grown up with hope in our hearts and that's something that's been handed down the generations from the 60's onwards and still reverberates enough to inspire the current custodians on the pitch. We know our place, the players know our place... and our place is to be fckin champions of fckin Europe, cos that's what we've always have been and always fckin will be.   ;D

You have made two of the best posts I've read in a while tonight. Please post more often mate.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1633 on: May 5, 2018, 11:48:10 am »
Seriously, just 10 feet tall this week.  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sDyAUrE2f5M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sDyAUrE2f5M</a>

We want a new cup, and we're stepping up, Ukraine.
We're all shitting bricks, but we're going for six, Ukraine.

We don't lie, We don't lie, We don't lie,
Ukraine.

Roma said it was luck, but we don't give a fuck, Ukraine.
We'll do it with Klopp, and the travelling Kop, Ukraine.

Ukraine.

We're going on tour, hear the Anfield roar, Ukraine.
Flights may cost a grand, but we're taking the stand in Ukraine.

Ukraine.

der der der der  . . . etc. 

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1634 on: May 5, 2018, 11:59:26 am »
Round table is up with a great OP by Phase of Play. Enjoy!!! But remember this important note about round table topics.

This is a round table thread. Keep the one liners and 'coulda/shoulda been a pen' posts for the post match thread please.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340091.msg16026948#new
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: May 5, 2018, 02:13:46 pm »

I'm sold we are winning it!

Just like that Roma vs Liverpool match was leaked before it happened :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: May 5, 2018, 02:45:27 pm »
If Kloppo brings the Champions League back surely that trumps Baldie?

Jürgen Klopp has been nominated for the @premierleague Manager of the Year award. http://lfc.tv/AQUJ

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: May 5, 2018, 05:20:58 pm »

Jürgen Klopp has been nominated for the @premierleague Manager of the Year award. http://lfc.tv/AQUJ

Of course it does. CL is the bigger, more prestigious competition and harder to win no doubt and the team in it are levels above those in the Premier League.

Unfortunately, voting is before the CL final, so don't think he will win it.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1638 on: May 5, 2018, 05:22:44 pm »

Should European results be taking into account for PL MOTY award though?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: May 5, 2018, 05:35:08 pm »
Well if we win in the final would he be given the Uefa Manager of the year? I men people would still vote for Baldie because what Man City did this season.