Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 3 vs 2 AC Milan Tomori OG ‘9. Rebid ‘42 Diaz ‘44 Mo ‘48 Hendo ‘69  (Read 20089 times)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Not many people around me or that I know were PIM. I said to my lad about that time "they're not a shadow on the Istanbul final team". He laughed, I'd said it purposely because like everyone he loved that AC side which were so admirable.

The Reds were cruising :)
A 2nd would have saved some bitten nails but like us as usual and so many of our achievements we do it the hard way.

Overall, it was a tremendous occasion, a privilege, an absolute fucking joy to see those Reds perform.

Definitely. It was a tremendous occasion indeed. And we came flying at them. There were mispasses from Milan, but again that was part nerves and part unable to cope with our tempo. But then, it's clear that they are well coached, because they were able to adjust in game to our brilliance, not many sides have been able to do that when we play like that under Klopp.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jόrgen!
Genuinely, and I hope the mods don't punish me for this, but some of you should be fucking mortified reading that HT thread back today. Our first game back in the CL with fans in, against another of the European Royal Family. Amazing atmosphere, brilliant performance for the most part, completely dominant and yet you'd honestly think you were reading the HT thread from Stoke 2015 (we were 5-0 down ;)). I will use the fabled term because its completely valid here....but if you're going to wet the bed when we're a goal down in those circumstances last night then you must be going through bedsheets at a rate of knots. You'll of course get the usual 'if you dont like it, dont read it', 'superfan', 'its a forum' etc but some of you should genuinely try another pastime because if you didn't enjoy the WHOLE game last night you're watching the wrong sport.
This part should be sent to everyone who posted in the HT thread. Seriously. You don't believe in THIS TEAM?
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskαs before the game against England in 1953

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jόrgen!
well pleased with the result and that we are creating so many chances.
the AM-Porto draw helps us

So if we go away and win at Porto and Milan draw with AM that could set us up in CL.
An Atletico team having to attack us at home because they are fighting for survival could end up with a hammering for them. It would be my wet dream. I respect them but despise the way Simeone sets them up.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskαs before the game against England in 1953

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
No one should respect that cheating shower of negative footballers. Ok, at least they're not Real/Barca but that's a very low bar of standard.

If Atletico lose just one of their ties against Milan they're screwed specially after that draw with Porto. Coming for a draw against us won't help them, the cnuts. Hope we take 5 minutes on every throw in and goal kick and feign injury from the first minute.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I honestly think we have a 'special teams' of posters, like a 'defence' team in American Football, who we just roll out for half time threads when we're not winning. Always the same posters, same criticisms, and they take one for the team safe in the knowledge there's a fair chance they'll be embarrassing themselves once the full time whistle has blown.

And thats just on Origi, who was playing decently after a half where we destroyed a good Milan side and got hit with two absolute sucker punches.

There were others slating Henderson, TAA, even Mo :D

And stuff like this

Genuinely, and I hope the mods don't punish me for this, but some of you should be fucking mortified reading that HT thread back today. Our first game back in the CL with fans in, against another of the European Royal Family. Amazing atmosphere, brilliant performance for the most part, completely dominant and yet you'd honestly think you were reading the HT thread from Stoke 2015 (we were 5-0 down ;)). I will use the fabled term because its completely valid here....but if you're going to wet the bed when we're a goal down in those circumstances last night then you must be going through bedsheets at a rate of knots. You'll of course get the usual 'if you dont like it, dont read it', 'superfan', 'its a forum' etc but some of you should genuinely try another pastime because if you didn't enjoy the WHOLE game last night you're watching the wrong sport.

An incredible performance by the Reds. What a game. What a privilege it is to follow this team, these players and this manager.

It’s strange reading some of the comments on here. It really does seem as if there are Reds who simply don’t quite “get” what they’ve witnessed, who don’t and didn’t quite comprehend just how exceptional that opening half hour’s performance was and the immense individual and collective effort, quality and ability it takes and took to summon up such a breathtaking performance as that.

Moreover, the depth of resilience and grit it then took to pull back the deficit and procure the win following those late first half lapses. And further, just how much a sustained opening blitz of the magnitude we somehow managed can make it appear the opposition is failing rather than us forcing any such failures. Also in this connection how much credit is due to that opposition for somehow making their own recovery from our opening blitz and grabbing their own temporary moment in the sun.

Anyroad, weren’t we just fucking amazing. And the crowd too. Only downer is my broken heel and wrist meant they had to do it minus me.

:)

:wellin

Yesterday was a joyous game, yeah it was frustrating at times but enjoyable just the same, that's what it's about. If you can't enjoy this Liverpool side, then that's really sad. And it seems people had it in their head that Origi was going to be the problem before a ball was kicked and then proceeded to blame him when we we weren't winning at half time, which is sadly unsurprising. Anyhow, great posts :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
After watching our first group match, I have a believe that Milan could incur a damage to Atletico. Can't stand them to be honest. Haha!!!

Well, Simeone to be precise.  ;D  ;D

Hey that Milan combo - Brahim Diaz and Ante Rabic, they are all not that bad okay... Quite decent.  8)

To manage scoring two goals when The Mighty Reds were playing like that (high intensity and speed of passing), that was an achievement where most of the teams would crumble under such pressure.

On extra note... ** Atletico Madrid 0-0 Porto, fiery goalless clash with NINE yellow cards. What were they playing? Boxing? Haha!!
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
What pleases me is that we are playing really well in all our games. In the past two years there have been plenty of times when we were just going through the motions. We have real Quality in our Best eleven and could give any team in The World a game.
The Midfield will be chopped and changed which won't be a bad thing until we can save up in The Yanks Piggy Bank to buy a Goal-Scoring Midfielder which will take us to the top of the tree once again.
By then Bobby and Mane will be coming to an end of their Liverpool days and our next Hunt, Fowler, Owen, Torres will be walking through the doors and another Red chapter will begin..

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
What pleases me is that we are playing really well in all our games. In the past two years there have been plenty of times when we were just going through the motions. We have real Quality in our Best eleven and could give any team in The World a game.
The Midfield will be chopped and changed which won't be a bad thing until we can save up in The Yanks Piggy Bank to buy a Goal-Scoring Midfielder which will take us to the top of the tree once again.
By then Bobby and Mane will be coming to an end of their Liverpool days and our next Hunt, Fowler, Owen, Torres will be walking through the doors and another Red chapter will begin..
Rushie says hi.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
I'd love to know the won, drawn and lost stats under Klopp (compared to our history) against teams who make us kick towards the Kop first half. I can't remember the last time it worked for someone.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

It's just a question of getting our best players on the pitch.

Last season we never could. The year before I think we were just so focused on winning the title that it was a case of just doing enough to win the games.

Even early last season we started very well (Arsenal at home, Chelsea away) when we had our best team out but we never got that again.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Appreciate the obvious bias but I don't think you can put up much of an argument that any 11 in the league is better than our first choice 11. Certain squads would appear to go deeper, but that's counteracted by the fact our manager is the greatest man alive.

And every c*nt who spends a second doubting this team, crying on twitter or elsewhere should remember that before they tweet/post/vlog.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Mad, just read about it.

"Before the game, Liverpool have only ever played AC Milan TWICE. Both times have been in Champions League finals."

I thought it's almost impossible after a few decades. Haha!!  ;D  ;D Truly mad.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Mad, just read about it.

"Before the game, Liverpool have only ever played AC Milan TWICE. Both times have been in Champions League finals."

I thought it's almost impossible after a few decades. Haha!!  ;D  ;D Truly mad.

It’s is unusual but in our 70s and 80s peak they were struggling and then when they had their period of dominance we were banned and then struggling to get back.

Still a bit odd we never got drawn against them earlier in that 2005-09 era.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
It’s is unusual but in our 70s and 80s peak they were struggling and then when they had their period of dominance we were banned and then struggling to get back.

Yeah, it's one of those oddities like the number of times we've played Bayern or Ajax.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Yeah, it's one of those oddities like the number of times we've played Bayern or Ajax.

Hadn’t played Real that much until recently.

I tell you what would be a good idea. Getting all these teams to join a league and playing them every week. I must email UEFA to suggest that one.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity

Interested to hear more on why you think a goal scoring midfielder is essential to get us back 'to the top of the tree'? What type of goal scoring midfielder are you thinking about? A Lampard type? A Bruno Fernandes type? Something else?

How do you envision how a goal scoring midfielder fits into this current system? The midfield is generally quite functional though some midfielders offer more of a goal scoring threat than others -  for example AOC. Just wonder how we accommodate a truly attacking midfielder within the structure of our current set up. Maybe the use of Harvey Elliott this seasons was a glimpse into this type of approach.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hadn’t played Real that much until recently.

I tell you what would be a good idea. Getting all these teams to join a league and playing them every week. I must email UEFA to suggest that one.
Nearly spat my coffee out you bastard  ;D

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

Berlusconi took them over in the mid 80s which obviously coincided with Heysel. Back in the 60s when Milan had been good we only had a couple of years in it and it was Inter we drew. It wasn't until the 2000s we got back in the CL.

Imagine a 1989 European Cup final with Kenny's 88 team against Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Rijkhard, Van Basten and co who went on to win it in 89 and 90. Our paths would have surely crossed in the late 80s.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Berlusconi took them over in the mid 80s which obviously coincided with Heysel. Back in the 60s when Milan had been good we only had a couple of years in it and it was Inter we drew. It wasn't until the 2000s we got back in the CL.

Imagine a 1989 European Cup final with Kenny's 88 team against Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Rijkhard, Van Basten and co who went on to win it in 89 and 90. Our paths would have surely crossed in the late 80s.
wow yeah never thought of that before, our forward line against that defence. cheers thatcher.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas