Author Topic: Connor Randall  (Read 1856 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Connor Randall
« on: September 13, 2019, 04:23:18 am »
Mods, I don't know if Randall is worth having his own topic, so feel free to move elsewhere more appropriate, or delete altogether.

I just found out that Connor Randall has signed for Arda Kardzhali (which happens to be my wife's home town, although she hasn't lived there in almost 40 years...). Arda is an uprising team in Bulgaria, though we don't yet know who's financing them. They lingered in the 3rd division for a while, were regular in the 2nd, and are now in the 1st tier of football there. The Bulgarian league format is now similar to the Scottish one in terms that it splits in two halves midway through the season, and I think that Arda has a chance for the first time in their history to play in Europe next year, or the year afterwards. I was a bit taken aback by the stature of the team Randall signed for, as I always thought he's better that that level, but I've only seen limited glimpses while he was at Liverpool.

Man, from Liverpool to Arda... The fall from grace...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Connor Randall
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 07:39:24 pm »
He's a very, very, very limited player.

I guess he's earning a nice wage for them if they're being bank rolled? Certainly more if he'd have stayed in England anyway, which I'm guessing would have had to have been around League 1 level.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 07:58:04 am »
At least he's playing professionally somewhere. 

I can imagine it would be even more of a disappointment after spending all his youth learning football, if he couldn't get a contract to play professionally at some level in some professional league.

I just hope he can make the transition to a new language and culture, new footballing culture, while keeping his head on his shoulders.  It's a big ask for someone at the age of 23.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 12:43:46 am »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 01:52:06 am »
Connor Randall talks Liverpool exit, Jurgen Klopp & life in Bulgaria

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/connor-randall-talks-liverpool-exit-jurgen-klopp-life-in-bulgaria/

Nice interview, he comes across as a really sound lad.