Author Topic: Rafael Benitez  (Read 6356 times)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Rafael Benitez
« on: July 12, 2019, 02:13:11 pm »
Let’s be honest, a majority of us aren’t arsed about Newcastle

Rafa has moved on to pastures new. Is it reasonable to have an individual thread for him?

Mods, I presumed this was the most relevant section but if this is not the case please move/delete

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rafael Benitez
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:40:20 pm »
Good luck to him in China, I hope he does well.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 04:50:21 pm »
I cut & pasted this from the other thread.

English Media - 'HOW DARE RAFA LEAVE ENGLAND! HE HASN'T GONE TO CHINA FOR A PROJECT!'

Yes the money is fantastic. But the utter dismissal of China as any sort of project is snobbery at it's finest.

You don't have to be in England in order to be part of a project.

Have the media ever considered that his 'project' is to raise the profile of the Chinese game? Nope.
Well another point is that there is a certain type of player or manager who isn't *just* about the money. They quite enjoy the thought of experiencing a different culture for a few years while getting paid to do it.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 06:14:14 pm »
Well another point is that there is a certain type of player or manager who isn't *just* about the money. They quite enjoy the thought of experiencing a different culture for a few years while getting paid to do it.

I'd say its more about having a vision of how he wants a team to be, and getting a chance to put that together. Rodgers is another one - he left a guaranteed treble treble on the table at Celtic because he wasn't getting the players he needed, for the chance of a better environment to build his vision at Leicester. Rafa's just done the same thing, I think, but in a faraway place, with players he hardly knows. That's some challenge he's took on, and no better man for it either.

On the other hand, I guess we're all watching Chinese football now next season :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 07:13:16 pm »

Ah come off it, he's clearly went for the money and nothing else. He isn't going to China without being paid a shit ton, irrespective of transfer budget, end of.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 07:14:48 pm »
Don't begrudge him the money or the easier time of it in China but I'm still a tad disappointed he's gone because seeing Rafa win matches and talk about football makes me happy ;D

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 07:18:33 pm »
Don't begrudge him the money or the easier time of it in China but I'm still a tad disappointed he's gone because seeing Rafa win matches and talk about football makes me happy ;D

I don't begrudge him either, but theres a slyness to it all, don't solely say the 'lack of a project' at Newcastle was the reason for you pissing off to China, I'm sure he had plenty of exciting project offers in Europe. He chose money, and again there isnt anything wrong with that, just think he should own it a bit more.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 07:21:07 pm »
I don't begrudge him either, but theres a slyness to it all, don't solely say the 'lack of a project' at Newcastle was the reason for you pissing off to China, I'm sure he had plenty of exciting project offers in Europe. He chose money, and again there isnt anything wrong with that, just think he should own it a bit more.

There’s a slyness to him not staying at Newcastle  ;D

What other offers did he have in Europe buddy
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 07:24:02 pm »
There’s a slyness to him not staying at Newcastle  ;D

What other offers did he have in Europe buddy

I didnt say that, I said there's a slyness to him saying the reason he is going is because of the lack of a project, he was always going, hence why he turned up in China about 10 minutes after his contract expired, the talks and discussions have clearly been taken place during the season.

So you're telling me Rafa Benitez wouldn't have had any other exciting projects after his contract expired? He'd have got a brilliant job in a top league if he wanted it, he just went for a payday.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 07:57:27 pm »
I didnt say that, I said there's a slyness to him saying the reason he is going is because of the lack of a project, he was always going, hence why he turned up in China about 10 minutes after his contract expired, the talks and discussions have clearly been taken place during the season.

So you're telling me Rafa Benitez wouldn't have had any other exciting projects after his contract expired? He'd have got a brilliant job in a top league if he wanted it, he just went for a payday.

You said you were sure he had plenty of exciting offers. Just waiting to hear of even one.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 08:00:47 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MKm6z0whLBg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MKm6z0whLBg</a>
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 08:03:29 pm »

Horseshit.

So you don't believe Rafa when he said that he would've stayed at Newcastle.

Fuck that,the guy doesn't have a dishonest or sly  :wanker bone in his body.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:05:51 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 08:30:02 pm »
Let's be honest and cut out all the old wimmin talk down the bingo hall!

We don't know why he went.

But we do know that he's a clever guy and he loves his family and footy.

He must have considered all options and gone for the best one overall suited to the above.

Now let's watch what unfolds..

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 08:37:02 pm »
Ignore the wum.

He'd have stayed at Newcastle if the environment was right, it wasn't, so he's moved to China and best of luck to the man who'll always be a Liverpool legend.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 08:41:51 pm »
Bloody hell, what a pile of sweaty scrotums being talked in here.

Sly?  Rafa?  Ashley was the one trying to con him into signing a new deal with this fake Sheikh takeover talk - a deal that would have tragically fallen through the minute he put pen to paper.

Yeah, he's gone because they offered a shit ton of money - show me somebody here who'd turn that down?  A quarter of it down?  After years of being at logger heads with owners, dealing with player power, disrespect both on and off the pitch, especially in the media, and always having to work on a fucking shoe string, who honestly gives a fuck that he's decided to try his hand at something new?

He'll face his own challenges over there I'm sure, but as I said in the Newcastle thread, this is a busman's holiday for Rafa.  Maybe when he comes back he'll have another crack at the Spanish league, or perhaps in Germany, but good luck to him I say. 

Sometimes the money is just incidental.  Yeah it's a shed load but Rafa is no mercenary.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 08:51:47 pm »
Hopefully he wins trophies again in his career, always great to see him with silverware

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 09:49:21 pm »
Hopefully he wins trophies again in his career, always great to see him with silverware

Plus keeps Montse's wristwear au courant...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 10:09:39 pm »
You said you were sure he had plenty of exciting offers. Just waiting to hear of even one.

Any update on the plethora of offers?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 08:44:45 am »
Any update on the plethora of offers?

Willo is still writing his list, such is the length of it.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 11:39:42 am »
Ignore the wum.

He'd have stayed at Newcastle if the environment was right, it wasn't, so he's moved to China and best of luck to the man who'll always be a Liverpool legend.

A wum for saying Rafa has only gone to China for the money :lmao :lmao

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 11:44:13 am »

Is right

He could have gone to any one of the exciting clubs to make him an offer this summer. Which you’re now about to name.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 11:47:46 am »
Is right

He could have gone to any one of the exciting clubs to make him an offer this summer. Which you’re now about to name.

If you think the only offer a free agent Rafa Benitez would've had this summer is some bum team in China then you're an idiot, just cos he's our former manager you don't need to pretend otherwise you know.

Guarantee if any other manager of Rafa's calibre done this you wouldn't have this opinion.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 11:53:20 am »
If you think the only offer a free agent Rafa Benitez would've had this summer is some bum team in China then you're an idiot, just cos he's our former manager you don't need to pretend otherwise you know.

Guarantee if any other manager of Rafa's calibre done this you wouldn't have this opinion.

We’re all ears mate

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 12:00:36 pm »
Tell you what Willo, I’ll have a go  :)

Top six in the PL? No
Leicester? No
Everton? No
Wolves? No
Watford? No

Barca, Real, Atlético? No
Valencia? No Sevilla? No
Juve? Inter? Roma? Napoli? AC? No
PSG? No
Bayern? Dortmund? No
Hoffenheim? Porto? Benfica? No

I think someone on here said ‘maybe he should go to Derby now Lampards gone’ and yeah that one is definitely true, the only reason you’d go to China over Derby County is for the money.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2019, 12:01:26 pm »
We’re all ears mate

Recent appointments made for teams in 2019, literally off the top of my head:

AC Milan - Rafa Benitez or Marco Giampaolo?

Lyon - Rafa Benitez or Sylvinho?

Roma - Rafa Benitez or Paulo Fonseca?

Sevilla - Rafa Benitez or Lopetegui?

Inter - Fair enough Conte is a cracking appointment.

But yeah, one of the finest managers in the world who was out of contract would only get a job in China this season, absolutely no projects in Europe.

Poor sod.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2019, 12:09:03 pm »
Recent appointments made for teams in 2019, literally off the top of my head:

AC Milan - Rafa Benitez or Marco Giampaolo?

Lyon - Rafa Benitez or Sylvinho?

Roma - Rafa Benitez or Paulo Fonseca?

Sevilla - Rafa Benitez or Lopetegui?

Inter - Fair enough Conte is a cracking appointment.

But yeah, one of the finest managers in the world who was out of contract would only get a job in China this season, absolutely no projects in Europe.

Poor sod.

I’d guess there’s not even the slightest hint of speculation linking Rafa with any of those clubs at any point, right Willo?

So you must be in pretty deep to get those inside scoops! Any idea who else we might be signing this window?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 12:15:51 pm »
I’d guess there’s not even the slightest hint of speculation linking Rafa with any of those clubs at any point, right Willo?

So you must be in pretty deep to get those inside scoops! Any idea who else we might be signing this window?

Answer this question.

You believe Rafa Benitez had one choice this season, and it was Dalian? And you're reason for this is no online links to anybody else?

And I'm the WUM? Fucking hell ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2019, 12:34:11 pm »
Answer this question.

You believe Rafa Benitez had one choice this season, and it was Dalian? And you're reason for this is no online links to anybody else?

And I'm the WUM? Fucking hell ;D

Well no clearly he had at least two choices.

You said you were ‘sure he had exciting offers from around Europe’ and you haven’t been able to find a shred of evidence of even one. You must understand how that works Willo...? You’ve genuinely got no clue what he was or wasn’t offered this summer, literally not a clue.

Even the ones you named (which again was you just plucking random teams out of thin air) don’t particularly strike me as exciting projects. AC Milan, really? They’re an absolute basket case at the moment, banned from Europe, bizarre transfers, bizarre squad. Lyon is an exciting project? A club built on selling their best players practically every season. Roma much the same recently.

Maybe he’s actually pretty sick of fighting fires and having to perform above par to achieve anything, and fancied being at the top of the food chain.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2019, 01:39:02 pm »
The idea there's a slyness to Rafa is fucking ridiculous. On top of what has been said about what appeals about the job (good money, autonomy, well resourced macro club building project) a lot of people are forgetting some simple things. He is human, managing football clubs is his dream job and his life's work. You only get one go at these things, and he's nearer the end of his career than the start. The chance to up sticks, and to just live and work in a different country and entirely different culture is hugely appealing to some of us.

He's worked in Spain Italy and the UK. One could argue he might want to add Germany or France to a bucket list, but maybe he still will. The other positive to this job is that it will not be a job his employers and supporters expect him to stay in for five years. It'll probably be a fair bit easier to leave it if the time is right for the right next job (headhunted by Ajax or something), than a club he's built an affinity towards (as was the case in Newcastle).

Maybe a club in England might have eventually approached him this summer (to those suggesting he shouldn't be allowed to go far from the Wirral because he didn't when his kids were in school). But he's already had three jobs here, and he knows he's not going to have the same highs in this country as he had with us again. Clearly the time was right for him to have a big change. Sometimes that can be energising. He's probably learned a lot from the experience of taking the Inter job too soon too.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2019, 02:27:24 pm »
Omg.  Somebody thinks Rafa picked China over Roma?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2019, 02:38:02 pm »
Knowing Rafa he probably has one eye on winning the FIFA Club World Cup thingy, or woteva it evolves into.

Make his Chinese team the pride of Asia and then storm into those finals and cane the CL winners hahaha

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2019, 03:27:40 pm »
Omg.  Somebody thinks Rafa picked China over Roma?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Nobody said that, learn to read.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2019, 03:32:56 pm »

No, you're right.

You said he "went for the money and nothing else" which is a bit extreme/simplistic. Said you were "sure he had plenty of exciting project offers in Europe. He chose money", with no evidence for the leap of faith. And also said "there's a slyness" to his actions, because he discussed a project instead of issuing a press release saying "GUYS IM MOVING TO CHINA FOR THE ££££ AND LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE"

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2019, 03:39:58 pm »
No, you're right.

You said he "went for the money and nothing else" which is a bit extreme/simplistic. Said you were "sure he had plenty of exciting project offers in Europe. He chose money", with no evidence for the leap of faith. And also said "there's a slyness" to his actions, because he discussed a project instead of issuing a press release saying "GUYS IM MOVING TO CHINA FOR THE ££££ AND LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE"

But thats how I see it, my opinion is he went for the money, and I guarantee if Jose accepted that offer in China last week this forum would be slagging him off in his thread.

I think its shit to see Rafa go there because I wanted to see him in the champions league this season to be honest, maybe in a few years when he's back.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2019, 03:43:52 pm »
But thats how I see it, my opinion is he went for the money, and I guarantee if Jose accepted that offer in China last week this forum would be slagging him off in his thread.

I think its shit to see Rafa go there because I wanted to see him in the champions league this season to be honest, maybe in a few years when he's back.

Yeah totally fair enough if that's how you see it and own it.

I see your idea as being a bit simplistic, and sort of puts him on a pedestal (and invites more negative judgement) that we wouldn't apply to our friends and ourselves when they talking about taking a job abroad for a couple of years which will bring a bit of excitements, change of scene, extra money and hopefully reduced stress.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2019, 04:58:30 pm »

You were asked to provide a list of offers that Rafa might have turned down in order to go to China for a thick wedge.

You're clearly implying that Rafa could have got any number of jobs if only he'd chosen to stick around, so I can read just fine thanks. :lmao
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 05:00:03 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2019, 05:47:22 pm »

Money was certainly a factor, but you also have to understand that while some coaches and managers see the profession as merely a job (and more often than not, just an extension of their playing careers), some others again are theorists and have an idea of how the game should go, how players should be prepared, and how they should be recruited, and relish the challenge of putting that all together and testing it against competing forces. Rafa is one of those. So it's more likely that he saw a chance to hone his vision under favourable circumstances that he didn't have an Newcastle, and the money issue is a side benefit to having a team he can have full control over. It's not a binary decision.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2019, 06:10:56 pm »

No,you're a wum for calling him sly.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2019, 07:19:19 am »
You called someone (who many on here have a great deal of respect for) sly.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2019, 08:05:50 am »
To be honest, I'm not overly thrilled about him going to China either because it's about as far from a project you can get (same with Real Madrid) but it's his career and his choice. If he wants to cash out, he can do since he's put up with a lot of shit at Newcastle so I'll give him a bye on this one. He's probably also gone to get away from the English media, explore a new culture, etc. However, one thing he is not is sly.