Author Topic: Aly Cissokho  (Read 174547 times)

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
Re: Aly Cissokho
« Reply #360 on: January 18, 2014, 07:38:54 pm »
Almost comical how much of our play went through him considering he is pretty much useless.

Aye, probably because Villa know this and wanted our play to go through him so they could get the ball.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #361 on: January 18, 2014, 07:38:59 pm »
But be glad they're loans. Imagine if we paid money for those two.
We are paying money for them.  Many, many thousands every week.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #362 on: January 18, 2014, 07:39:17 pm »
Shocking really

Wish we could send him back this window
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: January 18, 2014, 07:39:55 pm »
He is poor on getting around that.

What really frustrated me though is that in the 2nd half we kept attacking down the left. Saw way too much of the ball which only highlights his limitations.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: January 18, 2014, 07:40:33 pm »
I dont think he was as terrible as people are making him out to be. Not good enough to be first choice at Liverpool for sure but the game was lost elsewhere and Rodgers is the sole culprit. Got the team selection and formation all wrong

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: January 18, 2014, 07:41:07 pm »
He is poor on getting around that.

What really frustrated me though is that in the 2nd half we kept attacking down the left. Saw way too much of the ball which only highlights his limitations.

But he had no one in front of him. That limits his options for anything he could do.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #366 on: January 18, 2014, 07:41:29 pm »
Back again, yeap still useless.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #367 on: January 18, 2014, 07:41:35 pm »
One of the lads on TAW called him a 'runaway train' after his debut away vs. Villa. Nail on head for me

He's like a pissed two legged giraffe stumbling down a train track with a runaway train steaming up behind him.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: January 18, 2014, 07:41:55 pm »
Not good enough but wasn't our biggest problem today.

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #369 on: January 18, 2014, 07:42:11 pm »
Thought we had better scouting now.
Based on what evidence?  Sturridge and an out of form Coutinho?

Compare those calls to the ones that also sanctioned Moses, Cissokho, Mignolet, Aspas and Borini.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Clown Prince

• Boys Pen
« Reply #370 on: January 18, 2014, 07:42:41 pm »
Yes, I agree he is useless and too slow getting back, and no end product with his final ball.... Having said that, glen wasn't doing much on the other side either.
I grew up on Dalglish, Rush and God.

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 18, 2014, 07:43:13 pm »
That's a bit over the top no ? He is limited going forward though, doesn't seem to have much ideas other than running towards the byline.

limited is not the word!

he has a poor touch, cant cross, has no game intelligence, ball watches, cant track runs, poor in the air, more one footed than Robben, poor tackling,cant block a cross, constantly backs off.

there is probably more, i just cant see how he is playing for us.

he is distracting everyone from just how poor glen's doing!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:49:48 pm by robgreen91 »

Offline NXR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #372 on: January 18, 2014, 07:44:03 pm »
I dont think he was as terrible as people are making him out to be. Not good enough to be first choice at Liverpool for sure but the game was lost elsewhere and Rodgers is the sole culprit. Got the team selection and formation all wrong

spot on  ;)

lifes to short for chess

Offline xx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #373 on: January 18, 2014, 07:44:38 pm »
If he didn't play for us he'd be hilarious to watch. I dont remember him being this shit for Lyon.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #374 on: January 18, 2014, 07:44:54 pm »
He makes Djimi Traore look composed. An abortion.

Does he really play for us? Wow.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2014, 07:45:42 pm »
You can't say he's not trying, it's just he's not good enough to start for us.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2014, 07:45:56 pm »

Aye, probably because Villa know this and wanted our play to go through him so they could get the ball.

Exactly.

Villa didn't bother to put a man on him at all off the ball.  It would only mean we wouldn't pass to him, which was not to their advantage!
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2014, 07:46:23 pm »
If you have no one on that side with you your going to look poor. Especially when villa overloaded on that side when he was in possession. That goes for attacking or defending. The fault lies more in the tactics and players not helping out than anything else here.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2014, 07:48:03 pm »
I gotta say, this is poor even by his low standards that he established at Valencia. To think that he looked like one of the best left backs in Europe back in his Porto days... First, Lyon got robbed, then Valencia, and now, Liverpool.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2014, 07:48:41 pm »
If you have no one on that side with you your going to look poor. Especially when villa overloaded on that side when he was in possession. That goes for attacking or defending. The fault lies more in the tactics and players not helping out than anything else here.

That fucking runaway train behind the agenda you're pushing is gathering steam.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2014, 07:49:27 pm »

But he had no one in front of him. That limits his options for anything he could do.

Call it whatever way you see it macca. He went in and covered in a shell when Suarez screamed at him over that ball that landed in row z. And he never recovered, every time he touched the ball his concentration went into over drive to do the easy things well.

Completely void of any confidence

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2014, 07:52:35 pm »
Call it whatever way you see it macca. He went in and covered in a shell when Suarez screamed at him over that ball that landed in row z. And he never recovered, every time he touched the ball his concentration went into over drive to do the easy things well.

Completely void of any confidence

Im not saying he's great or anything like that but I was more frustrated with us when he had the ball. Gave him limited options to do anythin. Wasnt just his fault for how it went today. No support from any player and villa played on it.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2014, 07:52:37 pm »
I'm not sure I've ever had a moan about a current player and I don't want to now but I honestly don't think the kid is a premier league player let alone a Liverpool one

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2014, 07:53:49 pm »
You can't say he's not trying, it's just he's not good enough to start for us.

This pretty much sums up all there is to be said.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #384 on: January 18, 2014, 07:54:17 pm »
I'm not sure I've ever had a moan about a current player...
Really?  Not even Moses?!   ???

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 18, 2014, 07:56:19 pm »
Worse than Paul Konchesky?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #386 on: January 18, 2014, 07:58:52 pm »
Really?  Not even Moses?!   ???

I mean on here mate, I've been here a while, the team, players, manager always need our full support but by Christ Cissokho pushes any sensible boundaries

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: January 18, 2014, 07:58:59 pm »

Certainly the same sort of standard.

Good I'd even crave John Arne Riise right now.

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: January 18, 2014, 07:59:38 pm »
I sincerely hope thats his last ever game for us.
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 18, 2014, 07:59:47 pm »
Flanagan is back soon. Thank fuck. Thought I'd never say that
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline redrambler13

• Main Stander
« Reply #390 on: January 18, 2014, 08:00:00 pm »
He's brought down my life expectancy by a few years with that performance. Utterly clueless.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: January 18, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »
Absolutely atrocious, and if I had my way he wouldn't kick another ball for us.

I'm no fan of Enrique but Cissokho is actually making me a fan of him.

Offline MTred406

• Anny Roader
« Reply #392 on: January 18, 2014, 08:02:18 pm »
Wow... Shocking performance today.  The worst part of his game is just how awkward he is on the ball.  I have got to imagine Robinson would have been a better option . 

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #393 on: January 18, 2014, 08:02:56 pm »
Jesus, he's fucking awful.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: January 18, 2014, 08:03:26 pm »

Nowhere near imo. Not even close to being good enough though. Neither is Enrique really.

Must be approaching a decade since the last time we had a decent, fit, proper left back in an LFC shirt. And that's not referencing anyone in particular, that's just because I can't remember our last one. It's way past ridiculous
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #395 on: January 18, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »
Wow... Shocking performance today.  The worst part of his game is just how awkward he is on the ball.  I have got to imagine Robinson would have been a better option . 
?
Really?  Thought he played well today
Pubic lice >> konchesky
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline creed111

• Anny Roader
« Reply #396 on: January 18, 2014, 08:05:12 pm »
Ok I've tried to give him many "benefits of the doubt" since he came here like: letting Newcastle get their 2nd by ball-watching and letting someone ghost in on him (I gave him the "BotD" because Skrtel and Toure should never be going for the same ball, thus allowing neither to truly win it and the ball coming to Aly's "zone" unexpectedly). But he was woeful today and I don't care how much you love Liverpool you simply have to admit it.

I agree with those saying he had no help tactically, which is so true since Coutinho and then I guess Suarez was "on the left" but we all know they drift everywhere so Aly never really had too many simple balls forward, which perpetuated his slow, lethargic, and lackadaisical look and play.

Final point of how frustrating he is: On Villa's first, why yes I put a lot of blame on Glen for getting too far forward and then not really looking arsed on getting back and Gerrard for ball-watching and letting Weimann ghost past him on the far post (wow that seems to happen far too often) I also have to point out something about Cissokho

As we've heard before all great players constantly have their head on a "swivel" so to speak, as in it is constantly moving, assessing their surroundings and reading play. This "skill" is especially important for a full-back when defending their far post.

If you look at Villa's 1st goal Cissokho literally doesn't move his head for about 10-15 seconds, not allowing himself to know where the dangers are at all. Ultimately Gerrard should have seen (or heard) Weimann coming in
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

- Tyrion

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: January 18, 2014, 08:06:08 pm »
Certainly the same sort of standard.

Good I'd even crave John Arne Riise right now.
Yep agreed - comically bad

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #398 on: January 18, 2014, 08:08:25 pm »
The only thing i can say is we have pretty much no left side to the team when he plays, one thing particularly annoying is if he loses the ball when in an advanced position he just jogs back, he doesn't bust a gut to get back into position and this leads to the left sided centre half having to move over to cover and opens up spaces in the back line. Cissokho isn't good enough for us and this is why i am happy enough loaning out players, he will be Valencia's problem at the end of the season the same as Moses with Chelsea.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2014, 08:09:41 pm »
limited is not the word!

he has a poor touch, cant cross, has no game intelligence, ball watches, cant track runs, poor in the air, more one footed than Robben, poor tackling,cant block a cross, constantly backs off.

there is probably more, i just cant see how he is playing for us.

he is distracting everyone from just how poor glen's doing!
I agree with you regarding his attacking play, but defensively he is ok for me, though admittedly not a world beater and we could do much better. Will do a half decent back up until the end of the season, but for sure I can't wait to see Flanno or Enrique back.