Author Topic: Aly Cissokho  (Read 174505 times)

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Aly Cissokho
« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2014, 08:23:04 pm »
Aly has played worse than that this term,its an improvement to what he has shown to date but way off what we should expect.

Rightly pointed out he has lacked support.

Sums it up for me. Thought he did well for half an hour.

Also worth noting opposition seem to be repeatedly targeting him.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2014, 08:27:28 pm »
There is one thing in this World Everton are better than us. And that's loans. Enrique hurry up please
They're also better than us at fullbacks...

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2014, 08:45:07 pm »
They're also better than us at fullbacks...

Quite right....the best fullbacks in the league IMO

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2014, 08:46:42 pm »
OK, let's sign Baines then?
YNWA

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2014, 08:48:09 pm »
Thought he played reasonably well to be honest, espeicaly considering xoutinho tracks back when he wants these days.

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2014, 08:49:09 pm »
6/10.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2014, 08:50:42 pm »
5/10
YNWA

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2014, 08:52:21 pm »
Merely a stop gap. Today he performed reasonably well and worked hard. Can't ask for more than that.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2014, 09:28:42 pm »
Can't believe people thought he was even decent? Rinsed time and again by Charlie Adam ffs and out of position constantly, generally all over the shop. He just can't defend and his attacking game is non-existent. I really hope Brendan can find 2 quality fullbacks in the summer.

Offline alexthomas1989

• Main Stander
« Reply #249 on: January 12, 2014, 10:01:25 pm »
Can't believe people thought he was even decent? Rinsed time and again by Charlie Adam ffs and out of position constantly, generally all over the shop. He just can't defend and his attacking game is non-existent. I really hope Brendan can find 2 quality fullbacks in the summer.

Completely agree with this. Every time he gets the ball he just stops, waits a bit then passes inside. And as for his defending being left no choice but to upend Charlie Adam because he's gone by him just about sums it up.

Definitely behind Enrique and Flanagan in pecking order once all fit.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2014, 10:04:14 pm »
Completely agree with this. Every time he gets the ball he just stops, waits a bit then passes inside. And as for his defending being left no choice but to upend Charlie Adam because he's gone by him just about sums it up.

Definitely behind Enrique and Flanagan in pecking order once all fit.

Mate he should be behind me once my Achilles is sorted.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2014, 10:06:50 pm »
He did a job, wasn't brilliant nor was he poor but it's just unfortunate that Enrique and Flanagan are both sidelined. Until they return Aly can definitely do a job for us and I think he is gradually improving.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2014, 10:09:11 pm »
He genuinely does his best. Coutinho have him absolutely no protection and everything Stoke did was down his side - at times he was dealing with three or four players at once. It wasn't vintage but he has reason to be proud I feel.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2014, 11:20:13 pm »
I don't think he was that bad defensively today as he had quite a difficult task, given Stoke's willingness to cross from deep it makes it very difficult to play against them from the wide positions because if you press the ball to stop them from crossing the ball you'll leave space in behind which was potentially a problem because they overloaded that side.

A few times I saw him caught between pressing the ball to stop the cross and staying as part of the back four, Johnson had a similar problem which was arguably worse because Arnautovic is equally good at crossing the ball with both feet and can go past players.

In possession he's never going to offer much going forward, he is as good with the ball as the options that are available to him, this seems really weird to me because from what I remember of him at Porto his ability going forward was one of the things that really stood out.

With all that said Flanagan will still walk back into the team.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2014, 12:23:07 am »
Was by far the best of our back 5 today I thought. Was good against Hull also. For me that is 4 games in a row where he has been better than average since his poor show against Arsenal. Would be signing him on a permanent deal but he is far from the write-off that some people paint him as.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline pundapat

• Kopite
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2014, 12:29:15 am »
Was alright today, nothing more nothing less, didn't have much to offer going forward but then again didn't expect as much, thought he played a bit better than Johnson if that's any horrible indication.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2014, 12:31:26 am »
Good blast which deflected for the goal. But I was sooo worried when he kept making Charlie Adam look like friggin Ronaldo. Then saw that he was being targeted by them down that side again and again, without much cover from Coutinho. When Coutinho went off then Suarez was actually helping him on the left side. Wow.  8)

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2014, 12:33:23 am »
He genuinely does his best. Coutinho have him absolutely no protection and everything Stoke did was down his side - at times he was dealing with three or four players at once. It wasn't vintage but he has reason to be proud I feel.

Yeah at least he tries, which is more than can be said for the guy on the other side of the pitch.

When's Enrique back btw? He's by no means a great full back but we are missing him a bit.

Badly need reinforcements on both sides though.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2014, 12:34:34 am »
Did Cissokho do better when he had Henderson on the left flank vs Coutinho?

As much as Coutinho is improving in his defensive duties, he's still not very good, effective at those.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2014, 02:25:48 am »
Not every player is going to be cafu he's done we'll given the fact he doesn't speak the language and is new to the league. He's been a cheap stop gap for this season.
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2014, 02:31:24 am »
He's been fine since the City game, to be honest. Pulling up trees? No. But decent enough. Certainly hasn't been at fault for conceding three goals from his flank as Johnson has since the Hull game.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2014, 02:35:14 am »
He's been fine since the City game, to be honest. Pulling up trees? No. But decent enough. Certainly hasn't been at fault for conceding three goals from his flank as Johnson has since the Hull game.

I'd agree. He's been fair and at it stands is turning into a slightly above average loan deal.

Offline LucasLeiva

• Anny Roader
  • Remember My Name
« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2014, 02:35:39 am »
Bin

:P

Don't think he's anywhere near up to scratch to be honest, got skinned by Charlie Adam loads today

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2014, 02:39:40 am »
We conceeded 51 crosses - don't think either of our full backs should be too proud of that

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2014, 02:54:06 am »
Surprised to see people saying he was even okay, as I thought he was absolutely atrocious to be honest. Don't recall on time when he stopped an opposition player out wide getting get ball into the box and contributed absolutely nothing in attack bar as a woeful effort which led to the first goal.

Poor player, hope Flano is back for Villa.

Offline JohnM

• Mystic tealeaf reader
  • Anny Roader
  • That's how they roll.
« Reply #265 on: January 13, 2014, 04:28:03 am »
Surprised to see people saying he was even okay, as I thought he was absolutely atrocious to be honest. Don't recall on time when he stopped an opposition player out wide getting get ball into the box and contributed absolutely nothing in attack bar as a woeful effort which led to the first goal.

Poor player, hope Flano is back for Villa.

Agreed get Flanno and Sakho back asap, we won that game yesterday due to the brilliance of our attackers. We got punished at the back.
JohnM

Do all that is necessary and nothing that is not

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #266 on: January 13, 2014, 04:51:12 am »
My question is: what happened to Martin Kelly? He's been back from injury for 4 months now. With Flanno and Enrique out, what is the problem exactly with having Kelly on the right and Johnson on the left, aside from the appearance that we're bending over backwards to avoid playing Cissokho?

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #267 on: January 13, 2014, 06:08:28 am »
He was the second choice for the loan wasn't he? I seem to recall Rogers went for an Argentine first?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2014, 06:13:22 am »
maybe we should let go all our fullbacks and get two proper ones for either side? someone like Coentrao or that LB from Soton

Robinson and McLaughlin are good enough as covers for either side, if we can get two proper fullbacks with no injury history of course...
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2014, 08:07:00 am »
Far too shakey at the back, not sure if its the language barrier or he just doesnt understand whats going on, Every time he gets the ball in our half he looks like a deer in headlights.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2014, 09:13:27 am »
WHAT A GOAL

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2014, 09:21:59 am »

Good point.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2014, 10:13:56 am »
Hardly dare mention it but Adam also skinned our captain for a screamer of a goal. Adam was fitter than our version and well up for this game.
Aly  did ok. Nothing more. Oh, and scored a goal...

...our left will be targeted by Villa though whether that's because the left back is a Bambi or because he's home alone I can't say.

Honestly thought we'd be getting bakari sagna with this guy. So far he's Djimi traore (the fella with the Champions League medal).

Still I'll continue to support him when he's picked.

Offline Stretch_Armstrong

• Kemlynite
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2014, 10:26:08 am »
He is getting better and is certainly trying his best. I wouldnt say he is far off being a player you would confidently say 'can do a job'.

Should be given time - think how many player (not just foreign) who have made dramatic improvements in their performance. Well so can he.

Read or heard somewhere, perhaps on this forum, that he runs as if he is wearing an invisible cape. I think of this everytime I see him play now.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: January 15, 2014, 10:28:37 am »
We need a upgrade on this guy in the summer,LB should be a priority
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2014, 10:30:29 am »
We need a upgrade on this guy in the summer,LB should be a priority

This guy is our third choice and more than likely won't be here come next season.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2014, 10:31:30 am »
Hardly dare mention it but Adam also skinned our captain for a screamer of a goal. Adam was fitter than our version and well up for this game.

...our left will be targeted by Villa though whether that's because the left back is a Bambi or because he's home alone I can't say.

Honestly thought we'd be getting bakari sagna with this guy. So far he's Djimi traore (the fella with the Champions League medal).

Our ''version'' slipped after Hendo had misjudged the pass allowing a fitter man who was fucked after 60 a run at goal.

Offline Stretch_Armstrong

• Kemlynite
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:07 am »

Good points.

Adam wasn't a Liverpool player, but he is an incredibly unpredictable player.  Whether he is fluffing a simple cross with his left, snapping a player's leg for no apparent reason, cracking open a can of tenants super in the centre circle or dribbling onto his right side, he is a difficult player for an opponent to read.

Offline Manic

• Main Stander
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2014, 07:26:33 pm »
Disappointing again from the big man.  The ball comes to him and it seems like he doesn't have a clue what to do with it.  Rather than take any responsibility, he'll play it to Toure or Gerrard.  Not good enough.

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: January 18, 2014, 07:26:46 pm »
worst player i have seen in an lfc shirt since PFK