Author Topic: Alberto Aquilani - good luck to the lad  (Read 149919 times)

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Alberto Aquilani
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2012, 03:24:02 pm »
If we can get a fee then sell him, but otherwise he may as well hang about and play a bit in the domestic cups.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 03:25:44 pm by anfieldanfield »

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2012, 03:24:12 pm »
Is he fuck.

Of course he is. I assume you mean Gerrard, who, for all his physicality and directness, cannot dictate the passing of a team to nearly the same standard.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2012, 03:25:19 pm »
Of course he is. I assume you mean Gerrard, who, for all his physicality and directness, cannot dictate the passing of a team to nearly the same standard.

I don't want to be one of those patronising c*nts that just writes "hahaha!" on the internet in response to something, so I'm out.

Enjoy.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2012, 03:28:57 pm »
Fuck - I guess no one on here was watching the FSC version of the game yesterday at the 38 minute mark? Was hoping someone would bring it up - didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. 

What?

Offline Il Capitano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2012, 03:29:23 pm »
I don't want to be one of those patronising c*nts that just writes "hahaha!" on the internet in response to something, so I'm out.

Enjoy.

Top contribution. I mean, why bother detailing your opinion at all?

Salad is the best food.

Is it fuck!

Yes, it is.

Case closed.

..Great argument.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2012, 03:32:51 pm »
Top contribution. I mean, why bother detailing your opinion at all?

Salad is the best food.

Is it fuck!

Yes, it is.

Case closed.

..Great argument.

Your arguement isn't that salad is the best food though. Your arguement is more that shit tastes better than ice cream.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2012, 03:33:46 pm »
Keith Costigan said on the FSC broadcast that he expects Aquilani to be gone by the transfer deadline. I have no idea of his journalistic credentials, but he is a knowledgeable Red and did interview Rodgers before the match.

Offline orn-free-tada

• ...free as a ird...
  • Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2012, 03:36:43 pm »
The game, then - to me, aquilani performed ... fine.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2012, 03:37:53 pm »
What?

Keith Costigan - the commentator - said something of the lines "Aquilani will be moving on again before the start of the season from what I have been told"  Normally this could mean as you guys say "fuck all"  but Costigan - reporter and commentator for Fox Soccer- has been with the team all week at trainings and giving those 1 on 1 interviews with Rogers, Carra, Lucas, etc. He is also a big Liverpool supporter.  I was pretty bummed out when I heard it.  Was hoping someone else saw it and  would post the the clip - it was the FSC coverage - 38th minute of the game. Hope hes wrong - think we really need Aquilani.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2012, 03:37:57 pm »
The thing I liked yesterday was that when Pacheco got to the byline, both times Aquilani was in the 6 yard box. Something we lacked last season and I'm sure will be a feature of our play this coming season. It worked extremely well for Sigurdsson.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2012, 03:40:14 pm »
Keith Costigan - the commentator - said something of the lines "Aquilani will be moving on again before the start of the season from what I have been told"  Normally this could mean as you guys say "fuck all"  but Costigan - reporter and commentator for Fox Soccer- has been with the team all week at trainings and giving those 1 on 1 interviews with Rogers, Carra, Lucas, etc. He is also a big Liverpool supporter.  I was pretty bummed out when I heard it.  Was hoping someone else saw it and  would post the the clip - it was the FSC coverage - 38th minute of the game. Hope hes wrong - think we really need Aquilani.
I heard him say it, but didn't give it much thought.

Just assumed it was the usual "Aquilani will be off before the end of the transfer window".

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2012, 03:42:37 pm »
His decent ability has never really been in question. He still doesn't want to play for us though.

Offline zuchum

• Anny Roader
  • Not that kind of poster
    • Twitter
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »
Fuck - I guess no one on here was watching the FSC version of the game yesterday at the 38 minute mark? Was hoping someone would bring it up - didn't want to be the bearer of bad news.

Don't be a tease, now.

Aquilani is clearly a very good player, probably 3rd best in our squad (potential not being counted as fulfilled). Thus ends my opinion.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2012, 03:47:26 pm »
Veni vidi vici - as long as it's in a red shirt with a liver bird upon the breast, I'll be happy
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2012, 03:47:39 pm »
His decent ability has never really been in question. He still doesn't want to play for us though.

I just wonder if that extra half a game or whatever the hell it was that Milan didn't play him for, that would met the quota to trigger the buy on clause has tipped him over the edge. And now he's just decided that he's going to make a go of it here.

Rodgers is a new manager and has new philosophies, and a different way of playing. Maybe the football has come first now. But who knows really.
YWNA

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2012, 03:48:45 pm »
Hopefully he wants to stay, we'll need as much cover for the Europa League in midfield.. And that doesnt mean he wont be good enough to be in first 11 in the league

Offline milankakabaros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2012, 03:51:36 pm »
Obligatory Aquilani match video.

Here's his first half performance against Toronto.

http://www.footylounge.com/films//milankakabaros/alberto-aquilani-v-toronto-21072012-video_a3b28a340.html

Keep up to track with the video compilations.
http://twitter.com/milankakabaros

http://www.footylounge.com/films/

Offline Nonex

• Anny Roader
  • "I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell."
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »
Judging from the first game and BR style at Swansea, he plays with 3 CM. You have to imagine that Gerrard and Lucas will occupy 2 of those 3 positions which leaves 1 for Aqua, Adam, Hendo? Spearing and Shelvey. Most liklely. Ok we have Europa but I think it could depend on the opposition for who we play in that 3rd spot. I think with weaker oppositions Aqua would do very well.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2012, 04:20:02 pm »
Nice and tidy in his play.  We'll see if he stays.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2012, 04:24:49 pm »
Keith Costigan said on the FSC broadcast that he expects Aquilani to be gone by the transfer deadline. I have no idea of his journalistic credentials, but he is a knowledgeable Red and did interview Rodgers before the match.

Doubt he will be simply because no one wants him, unless we release him on a freebie or something.

Hope it's true 'cos at least it'd finally kill Aquilani threads

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2012, 04:26:52 pm »

http://www.footylounge.com/films//milankakabaros/alberto-aquilani-v-toronto-21072012-video_a3b28a340.html

Nice one. He's very easy to watch.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2012, 04:46:55 pm »

Nice compilation. Really liking the red kit

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2012, 04:51:25 pm »

Thanks. He looks good in red. More of that next season please.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2012, 04:55:53 pm »
Doubt he will be simply because no one wants him, unless we release him on a freebie or something.

Hope it's true 'cos at least it'd finally kill Aquilani threads
Classic RAWK "rationality".

Hope player leaves so threads on internet aren't made.

Do not give a shit if player could improve team.

Just get rid I hate him! Stop making threads on Aquilani FUUU!!!

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2012, 04:59:37 pm »

Haha, obviously the poster was entirely serious about that. Entirely.

Aquilani's got as good a fit as manager he'll get in English football now. Like the player, hope he shows his worth here and makes something of his meh-ish so far career. Clock's ticking.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2012, 05:07:06 pm »

It's a strange world we live in

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2012, 06:06:20 pm »
Yeah, these are the same people banging on the Liverpool way to support everyone wearing an LFC shirt. But when it comes to someone like Aquliani, Kuyt etc. they act the same way as every other fan in the world. Maybe it was only a myth anyway..  8)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2012, 06:31:40 pm »

Seeing as you were good enough to do the Aquilani and Suso compilations, I've done the Joe Cole compilation for you. It starts after he's been on the field for about 20 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4rWjNjrj7I
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2012, 06:49:30 pm »
Seeing as you were good enough to do the Aquilani and Suso compilations, I've done the Joe Cole compilation for you. It starts after he's been on the field for about 20 seconds.

:o
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Il Capitano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2012, 06:55:37 pm »

;D

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2012, 07:40:30 pm »
He's the most creative and technical midfielder we have. We need a playmaker - there is no other senior player on our books with the quality and the game intelligence to dictate play. We suffered without one last year (2011/12 season) and in Rafa's last year (2009/10 season), and our best performances in the last three years came under Kenny when Meireles was in form and the team's confidence was up (latter half of 2010/11). Gerrard is not a playmaker, and though Lucas is capable, he can't do everything - he had enough to deal with last season when he was doing practically all of the midfield defensive work, and the over-exertion cost us him for eight months.

Aquilani is boss.

Holy shit you're mental.

Offline Il Capitano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2012, 08:23:08 pm »
Holy shit you're mental.

Why? What exactly is wrong with my post there. The truth is, the team's suffered in the seasons it hasn't had a recognised, talented playmaker. Since Alonso left, the team's struggled: and the closest we've come to a high standard of football is when we had a replacement playmaker in the team, even though they weren't of Alonso's quality. I believe that we suffered for it last season: replacing Meireles and Aquilani with Adam and Henderson was a serious drop in quality. Aquilani and Meireles are not of Alonso's standard, but they come as close as we've gotten in the last three years.

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2012, 08:28:46 pm »

Choo chooo!!
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2012, 08:31:09 pm »
Holy shit you're mental.
I don't see what he's said there that makes him so mental? I'd say it's pretty spot on.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2012, 08:34:47 pm »
We've got nothing to lose by keeping him here next season. Absolutely nothing.

Its quite evident that we wont be able to ship him out for a transfer fee. Loaning him out again makes no sense considering the lack of creativity in the side.

This should be placed in every page! Spot on Brentie,
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2012, 08:36:25 pm »
worth loaning him out only if we get 100% of his wages paid. Otherwise we may as well keep him
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2012, 08:42:36 pm »
Why? What exactly is wrong with my post there. The truth is, the team's suffered in the seasons it hasn't had a recognised, talented playmaker. Since Alonso left, the team's struggled: and the closest we've come to a high standard of football is when we had a replacement playmaker in the team, even though they weren't of Alonso's quality. I believe that we suffered for it last season: replacing Meireles and Aquilani with Adam and Henderson was a serious drop in quality. Aquilani and Meireles are not of Alonso's standard, but they come as close as we've gotten in the last three years.

Meireles isn't even a playmaker? He was a decent player who had a very good February. How do you know Aquilani is a better player anyway? He made a handful of appearances for us and his most remembered moments were a goal against a shite Portsmouth team and an 'assist' against Burnley.

I don't see what he's said there that makes him so mental? I'd say it's pretty spot on.

On a technical level it isn't even a contest. There's Steven Gerrard, there's Lucas and then there's everybody else. On a creative level, we don't have a large enough sample to even argue that. Was he that 'creative' last night? Think he only got a few assists in his loan periods too. A fit Gerrard is better in nearly ever faceat of his game. Him being available on a consistent basis is a completely different argument but the fawning over a player who's done very, very little and been shipped out by two managers is a bit much.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:46:24 pm by El_Pistolero »

Offline exino

• tic tac toe
  • Kopite
  • Youth coach. Total football proponent. JFT96.
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2012, 08:55:59 pm »
He's the most creative and technical midfielder we have. We need a playmaker - there is no other senior player on our books with the quality and the game intelligence to dictate play. We suffered without one last year (2011/12 season) and in Rafa's last year (2009/10 season), and our best performances in the last three years came under Kenny when Meireles was in form and the team's confidence was up (latter half of 2010/11). Gerrard is not a playmaker, and though Lucas is capable, he can't do everything - he had enough to deal with last season when he was doing practically all of the midfield defensive work, and the over-exertion cost us him for eight months.
THIS

Always loved Stevie, but as you correctly point out he is not a playmaker, and never has been. I suspect most of our supporters won't be able to get their heads around this.
We will definitely be needing a proper playmaker now under Brendans style of play.
Holy shit you're mental.
More likely is your just a bit thick mate.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:12:37 pm by exino »
"Football is a simple game, yet it is difficult to play simple football."- Johan Cruyff

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2012, 09:03:13 pm »
The arguments are still as stupid as last summer.

Do we have a proper alternative to Gerrard and more important can we get one in?
Is our squad good enough in a way that we could say there is no need for Aquilani?

And those strange arguments that Juve or Milan didn´t want him... I mean, how big are the chances for Adam, Henderson or Spearing to ever come close to a move to one of the top clubs in England and the rest of europe. I cannot remember Adam being lined up for a possible move to Juve either.

Aquilani would be a good addition to our squad quality wise and as we do seem to have trouble to bring in ANY sort of quality as our CL years are obviously over and we didn´t dare to hire a top manager like Rafa either I think it´s pretty brave and stupid to let Aqualiani go again as we really could need him this season.

The arrogance around here towards some internationals since Rafa left is pretty remarkable. Meireles a decent player? He is an portugese international who can play on the very top level against any team in the world. He is fucking top class and if not what does this make of the likes of Adam?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:09:18 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2012, 09:24:35 pm »
Holy shit you're mental.

Atleast he can get his point across without sounding like an asshole
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law